Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1509) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4443595 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1506) (1507) (1508) (1509) (1510) (1511) (1512) ... (3678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:17pm On Aug 08, 2020
Takoro13:

any contact to get this won't be bad

You can get this in Jibowu, Lagos or check online.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:20pm On Aug 08, 2020
rajput4real93:

How much is this? And what is the dimension of each unit?

I’m not a seller though.

The price varies between 5 - 10k or even more depending on size and quality.

It comes in 1.2m (width) by 2.5m, 2.7m and 3m height.

What I have in the pic is a 3m plasterboard.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Pompoms(f): 11:26pm On Aug 08, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I beg na micro estate grin

We would still love to see it, sir.
And the mansion! : smiley
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:28pm On Aug 08, 2020
Badgers14:

Do you mind sharing more pictures of the project completed with the fire rates plaster board?

These are regular plasterboards from an old project (The Reserve).
Unfortunately I don’t keep pictures like before I’d have share recent pictures. I recently used it in an event hall.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dominionng(m): 1:11am On Aug 09, 2020
Good plasterboard for ceiling is far better but not a cheaper alternative to the regular POP precast ceiling.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 2:32am On Aug 09, 2020
SurveyorGeo:

Tax clearance and property tax are different, how can you pay a tax for a building that is yet to exist. Building approval is an approval for a proposed building. Your tax clearance is to check your tax compliance.

You people are confusing us o. So what is the solution? Some of us that worked for crooked employers that were deducting tax with no evidence nko before we left Naija. How do you pay tax in a place you don't live or work presently? That's the question we would like to know.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:47am On Aug 09, 2020
Dominionng:
Good plasterboard for ceiling is far better but not a cheaper alternative to the regular POP precast ceiling.

Wow shocked

I really don’t know it’s more expensive. My conclusion is based on the following:

1. It saves time than regular POP.

2. You don’t mess up your clients’ property with POP stains. I hate those things.

3. It’s easier to estimate the quantity you need. Even a layman can do that.

4. It’s the industry standard. I’ve search far and wide and I’ve not seen oyinbo man doing ceiling (POP) the way we do it here in Naija. Maybe it’s innovation sha.

5. A single board which covers 3.6m even at N10,000/board (board sells lesser than this) is still cheaper than N4,000/m2 POP. I know the installation, accessories and screeding part is there BUT that’s nothing when compared to the huge savings on time, quality and the stress it took away.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:12am On Aug 09, 2020
n3xt:

Wow shocked

I really don’t know it’s more expensive. My conclusion is based on the following:

2. You don’t mess up your clients’ property with POP stains. I hate those things.

4. It’s the industry standard. I’ve search far and wide and I’ve not seen oyinbo man doing ceiling (POP) the way we do it here in Naija. Maybe it’s innovation sha.

5. A single board which covers 3.6m even at N10,000/board (board sells lesser than this) is still cheaper than N4,000/m2 POP. I know the installation, accessories and screeding part is there BUT that’s nothing when compared to the huge savings on time, quality and the stress it took away.

We use sheetrock in the USA. The mess that Naija POP makes will never be acceptable there.

For my current build I will not do the traditional POP due to the mess. Unless they can manufacture the panels offsite. It’s crazy messy.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:43am On Aug 09, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

We use sheetrock in the USA. The mess that Naija POP makes will never be acceptable there.

For my current build I will not do the traditional POP due to the mess. Unless they can manufacture the panels offsite. It’s crazy messy.

My job is not to confuse anyone but to work together with everyone to demystify construction in Nigeria.

We are doing a lot of things wrong and it has to stop so that we can make meaningful progress in the construction industry and make life easier for everyone.
This makes people out there think we don’t know what we are doing.

Will anyone use a precast (traditional) POP in a mixed-use development? The answer is NO!

By mixed-use, I mean a place like Shoprite or Four Point Sheraton for instance.

On this one, I won’t be able to say much but if you really want to know more. Do your findings!

Go to Mushin. Talk to direct suppliers. Let them recommend boys for you and ask questions. lipsrsealed
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 6:39am On Aug 09, 2020
michlins:
Good morning everyone and happy new month. Just remember that we're still in the business of taking orders in beautifully securing your homes.

From all of us here, stay focused for a result oriented month. It's not too late to make something out of this month

The first photo is how much?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Thenext: 7:32am On Aug 09, 2020
Thanks Oliran. Sure this really helped but sorry for my omission, the building is 4 bedroom duplex with two units of mini flats. I quite understand the stages now with your explanation below, but I guess the person that is handling it for me just wants me to get all required documents so that he can have a smooth application and approval.

But from your last sentence, it means I will need tax clearance which is what I am asking the way out since I don’t have one.

Thank you for your response so far.

Oliran:

I am sure the person ticked all what is required to get approval for you. However it is done in stages.
From your description I am guessing it's a bungalow, I'll list the stages below.

Stage 1:
Survey
Architectural drawings

The survey is charted to be sure your land is free of Government acquisition, your drawing is vetted and ensure comply with the required setback,airspaces etc.

Stage 2:
Someone from the district office will go for site visit to be sure of the size of land and confirm you've not started building if it is a proposed drawing.

Stage3:
Calculations are done using your architectural drawings to calculate assessment, the amount is depending on the size of the building (Length,Breadth and Height), the rate also depends on the location, Lekki fee is not same as Ikorodu fee. Each LGA is categorized into Low, Medium and High density.

Stage4:

After payment is done, the receipt for payment, deed of Assignment for the land, Affidavit with stamp duty and your passports with your drawings is used to open a file for you, a registration number will be issued.
The file is then forwarded to LIRS

Last Stage is the tax clearance stage.

I hope this helps. smiley

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:37am On Aug 09, 2020
Muyi002:

The first photo is how much?
good morning sir. First one is #38,000
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Thenext: 7:38am On Aug 09, 2020
Okay. But I can understand you, it will means I will pay for tax clearance at the same time I will still pay for building approval which is based on size, length etc of the building. Hope I am not getting you wrong

Oliran:

Yes, The checklist is a summary of all what is required to get your building plan approval.

The tax clearance is the last stage, approval comes out in less than two weeks after tax clearance.

That's why I asked if he was issued any letter.
Two letters will be issued to him, one stating the amount he is to pay for tax, they use the clause that the tax is not up to date thereby so so amount has been issued to him, this particular letter is from LIRS.

The second letter is from planning office, stating that without clearance from tax office (paying what was calculated from LIRS) he can't be granted the approval etc.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kingzsoul: 7:47am On Aug 09, 2020
Hello house..I just secured a half plot of land in asero ikorodu and I want to know the cost of laying a foundation for 3 bedroom flat and a room self on d land with just 2 cars parking space.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kingzsoul: 7:59am On Aug 09, 2020
Hello house..I just secured a half plot of land in asero ikorodu and I want to know the cost of laying a foundation for 3 bedroom flat and a room self on d land with just 2 cars parking space.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 8:19am On Aug 09, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Sheetrock, plasterboard (UK) and "Naija POP" are all the same thing. Naija POP is just plasterboard prepared locally on-site just the way blocks are moulded on site. The associated mess is the traditional crude messy nature of the Nigerian construction worker. You will be surprised also the waste and mess generated using plasterboard as well.

Builders in Nigeria are generally messy. They don't clean their work area after each day's work. They hardly clean up their tools. Very messy set of people.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DadR: 8:20am On Aug 09, 2020
Congratulations.

I hope you have perfected your title documents.

First things first.

The professionals in the house will help you with estimated costings but you would need to share your building plan before they could do so.

Hakuna Matata

kingzsoul:
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 8:43am On Aug 09, 2020
n3xt:

My job is not to confuse anyone but to work together with everyone to demystify construction in Nigeria.

We are doing a lot of things wrong and it has to stop so that we can make meaningful progress in the construction industry and make life easier for everyone.
This makes people out there think we don’t know what we are doing.

Will anyone use a precast (traditional) POP in a mixed-use development? The answer is NO!

By mixed-use, I mean a place like Shoprite or Four Point Sheraton for instance.

On this one, I won’t be able to say much but if you really want to know more. Do your findings!

Go to Mushin. Talk to direct suppliers. Let them recommend boys for you and ask questions. lipsrsealed

For major jobs like ShopRite you mentioned, yes it would be scandalous to use pre-cast POP as the job will take forever.

However, for hotels, castles, palaces and stately homes pre-cast POP is the way to go. You need that organic design and mould ornament handcrafted artistry that comes with pre-cast. This you will struggle to achieve with plasterboard. To most people the symmetrical plasterboard design might be a drawback and even boring.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 9:07am On Aug 09, 2020
Happy Sunday to you all.

contact me for your strong hardwood very cheap and durable for any kind of building contact me today.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:20am On Aug 09, 2020
diordaves:

For major jobs like ShopRite you mentioned, yes it would be scandalous to use pre-cast POP as the job will take forever.

However, for hotels, castles, palaces and stately homes pre-cast POP is the way to go. You need that organic design and mould ornament handcrafted artistry that comes with pre-cast. This you will struggle to achieve with plasterboard. To most people the symmetrical plasterboard design might be a drawback and even boring.

Thanks sir. I understand your point but all the pros know better. They just won’t say it.

There can never be anything more organic or complex than the dome in Silverbird galleria.

Plasterboard was used in the whole building. Even most of the partitioning were Plasterboard. I worked there during construction and after so I know what was done.

Most of the ornamentals (cornices, skirting, dome etc) are sold in Jibowu.
Those design elements are sold separately In meters and in whatever form you want it.

The whole traditional POP idea was to make things cheaper BUT I’m not really seeing that happen.

Just go to Jiji and type cornice and see the result.

No matter the size of dome you want, you can always have it.

Ask any professional in here if they do domes traditionally

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:25am On Aug 09, 2020
A stronger argument will be that locally made POPs are stronger than plasterboard BUT if it can work in public buildings I don’t see why it won’t wirk in small builds.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by raymondFirstborn(m): 9:58am On Aug 09, 2020
kingzsoul:

What's the nature of the soil dry or waterlogged?

If you have the plan you can send it to me on Whatsapp for the cost breakdown
(09056082348)
raymondfubara@gmail.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kingzsoul: 10:18am On Aug 09, 2020
It's not waterlogged and no achitectural plan yet.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by shogbenga: 10:24am On Aug 09, 2020
Hello house, happy Sunday

Kindly advise on the type of door one can use for a bedroom and the toilet. The apartment is for rental in a highbrow area

My objective is durability and average cost. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 10:38am On Aug 09, 2020
kingzsoul:

What is the actual size of the half plot? 100 by 25 or 120 by 30? 3 bedrooms plus another self contain with 2 cars? Meet an architect to see the feasibility of your proposed project. After which you can think of the cost.

Good luck!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Tochex101(m): 10:39am On Aug 09, 2020
Tochex101:
Good day house....
Pls I need clarification as regards my country home.......the land is hilly and getting water is a problem. Borehole survey has been done and the result says "shallow water seen at a depth of between 180 to 220ft.
The professional is trying to sell an idea of generating water, I think by expanding d radius of the bore.....The proposed cost is heavy and its a 50/50 situation from his explanation.
Water is vital to life and almost un-negotiable.
I need good advice.
Pls I still need opinions........
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RighteousRPC: 10:47am On Aug 09, 2020
Call Us For Your Land and Engineering SURVEYING,
Let chart ur land to confirm maybe is not under ACQUISITION before you buy it, LAYOUT, ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN, REAL ESTATE, BUILDER AND PROPERTY MANAGERS.

We are professional surveyor Call us for ur land and civil engineering survey

Surveying or land surveying is the technique, profession, art and science of determining the terrestrial or three-dimensional positions of points and the distances and angles between them. A land surveying professional is called a land surveyor. These points are usually on the surface of the Earth, and they are often used to establish maps and boundaries for ownership, locations, such as building corners or the surface location of subsurface features, or other purposes required by government or civil law, such as property sales.
Surveying also includes the technique of establishing points by predetermined angular and linear measurements. From the plans, sections, and maps prepared by surveying, the area and volume of a particular plot of land can be calculated. A map represents the horizontal projection of the area surveyed and not the actual area. But the vertical distance can be represented more correctly by drawing sections.

During a survey, we use various tools to do our job successfully and accurately, such as total stations, GPS receivers, prisms, 3D scanners, radio communicators, digital levels, dumpy level and surveying software etc

Surv. Righteous place concepts
HO Suite 1, Alhaja bola shopping complex, opp. Soremekun hospital, Abeokuta/Lagos Exp. Rd, Vespa-ifo ogun state.
IJAKO OFFICE: elegbede, alausa market,
Opp, connect hotel Abeokuta/ Lagos Exp. Rd,
Ijako Sango otta ogun state.
Call or Whatsapp: 08137651008 or 09053010009

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SanniOluwafemi(m): 11:04am On Aug 09, 2020
shogbenga:
Hello house, happy Sunday

Kindly advise on the type of door one can use for a bedroom and the toilet. The apartment is for rental in a highbrow area

My objective is durability and average cost. Thanks

Good day,
For bedroom door, I'll suggest you use door made of plywood or laminate skin door while aluminum door is a good suggestion for toilet door.

Contact Maplewood Furniture Nigeria Enterprises for home & office furniture

Call: 08022283035
Business WhatsApp: 07032186146
Email: maplewood04@yahoo.com
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kingzsoul: 11:11am On Aug 09, 2020
Please i still need info on how much it will cost to build a 3 bedroom with a room self foundation on half plot of land or if its just 3 bed
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 11:14am On Aug 09, 2020
n3xt:

Wow shocked

The bolded has always baffled me....a duplex of 3 bedroom cost at least ₦125,000,000 but u will never find POP or something exaggerated , just simple ceiling edge sills and lightings, I mostly see pop in office or hotels lobbies, they just keep it simple and elegant, and I have been in countries like Turkey that has very modern architecture and u rarely find POPs. Sometimes we can exaggerate.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 12:27pm On Aug 09, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K0299uG_GE
The precast is still In used in few part of this world, it’s cheaper a bit to the already made board,
But to make work faster, neat, longer size cut/ shape, very neat work place , already made board is the best.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sako28: 1:47pm On Aug 09, 2020
n3xt:

Wow shocked

Welcome back bro,
What the height drop for this plastering board? As you know POP always claim almost 2 coaches of block.

Thanks
Sako

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1506) (1507) (1508) (1509) (1510) (1511) (1512) ... (3678) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Godisgreatest1 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.