Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,151 members, 7,864,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:10 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4508590 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (3696) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 2:20am On Mar 02, 2016
mufutau55:

Bros.. you don kuku deliver some materials to my site and you don't even know it. That is a story for anothet day.
Good work and full delivery o. Keep up the good work.

Hajji M.
thanks sir...ue terrain get yawa. Eruku plenty.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 2:26am On Mar 02, 2016
Happykay:

Wrong
Brabus is the inspired of properly section

Like brabus like inspired
Brabus na Abami eda.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:25am On Mar 02, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Many have come after us, taken the short cuts and were unceremoniously bundled in the dark of the night into waiting immigration buses and eventually shipped back to Lagos.

And you know, many of them will go to College (I am sure you know the college) for few years before they landed in Lagos without knowing it.
I will for ever be a good citizen for my motherland and any other country I live.. It pays in the end.
Just keep it clean and your mind will be peaceful.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 4nobody4every1: 6:54am On Mar 02, 2016
EgunMogaji:

For sure my Oga.

This is why we're where we are for donkey years and counting. We do the right things, 8-5, pay our taxes, keep our white pickets fences clean, don't do yahoo yahoo, credit card scam things, steal/rob, etc

Many have come after us, taken the short cuts and were unceremoniously bundled in the dark of the night into waiting immigration buses and eventually shipped back to Lagos.

I always believe that if I do the right things that good things will find me. It hasn't failed me yet. This is why I get upset when folks cheat me.
......l agree, l wish those on the travel section and new migrants to the West will read and abide by this great counsel, when they see some of us working our ass out, they sometimes laugh at us thinking we are fools, some of them want the short cut to success which ultimately leads to doom, nothing l enjoy most in life than to have peace of mind anywhere l live on planet earth, l dont want to be looking at my back, living in fear or peeping through my door when l hear a knock, peace is one thing l cherish so much so it is better to keep your hands clean, all those doing 19 runs never end well eventually, easy come and easy go cool

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 9:11am On Mar 02, 2016
EgunMogaji:

For sure my Oga.

I always believe that if I do the right things that good things will find me. It hasn't failed me yet. This is why I get upset when folks cheat me.

Very true words!

"Those who live by the Sword, eventually die by the Sword".
If you live TOO FAST.... you'll likely DIE SO QUICK! grin grin

There is "no Abuja" to the top of a Palm tree!
undecided undecided

I treasure my "FAMILY NAME" because it belongs not just to me alone, but a lot of other even more important family members.

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 9:27am On Mar 02, 2016
lastpage:

Very true words!

"Those who live by the Sword, eventually die by the Sword".
If you live TOO FAST.... you'll likely DIE SO QUICK! grin grin

There is "no Abuja" to the top of a Palm tree!
undecided undecided

I treasure my "FAMILY NAME" because it belongs not just to me alone, but a lot of other even more important family members.

Lastpage!
Oro shunukun, oju shunukun won fi wo. That is just wonderful of you dis morning.

Nice one

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ANBAKO: 2:31pm On Mar 02, 2016
4nobody4every1:
......l agree, l wish those on the travel section and new migrants to the West will read and abide by this great counsel, when they see some of us working our ass out, they sometimes laugh at us thinking we are fools, some of them want the short cut to success which ultimately leads to doom, nothing l enjoy most in life than to have peace of mind anywhere l live on planet earth, l dont want to be looking at my back, living in fear or peeping through my door when l hear a knock, peace is one thing l cherish so much so it is better to keep your hands clean, all those doing 19 runs never end well eventually, easy come and easy go cool

As they say, free but living in a self-imposed prison .
That is why I always end my posts/comments with......

"Do good for good to come your way"
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Arnoldfish(m): 3:06pm On Mar 02, 2016
brokensword:

Hello!if I may get you right, you wish/want to know the required site analysis for a proposed project pending/going for Approval?
Okay,I stand to be corrected!
normal Setback for any proposed structure start from 3m up,
So from your site plan,measure the remaining space (east,west,north, south)make sure each setback start from 3m up,away from the proposed building.

for percentage! it varies.
Thank You Very much, So 3meters at the front can pass approval for The area? Thank God
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brokensword: 3:10pm On Mar 02, 2016
Arnoldfish:
Thank You Very much, So 3meters at the front can pass approval for The area? Thank God

Yes!
That's why they called it (Setback)
Those setback gives way for Soakaway, Septic Tank,Fence!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 02, 2016
Chekitaut:
thanks sir...ue terrain get yawa. Eruku plenty .

And there you have it, it has been confirmed that Hajj paved his streets with Gold dust.

You this rich people sef, una wan oppress us die? grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 5:23pm On Mar 02, 2016
EgunMogaji:

And there you have it, it has been confirmed that Hajj paved his streets with Gold dust.
You this rich people sef, una wan oppress us die? grin

Nah kill you wan kill me so. smiley

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 9:47pm On Mar 02, 2016
FG should stop the movement and carring of dollars and other foreiign currencies by individual on Nigeria soil, all exchange should be carry out within the bank.

If this is done, defaulters have 5years jail term without fine. In couple of days the demand for dollar will drop. We will have a stable economy. Waiver of demand and supplies be granted on foreign exchange. #Letsstabletheeconomy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 10:04pm On Mar 02, 2016
abdulwastecx:

This is structural failure as result of variety of problem like.
1. Poor compaction
2. Inadequate thickness of floor slab,
3. Poorly reinforced floor slab.

How is it going to be rectified now or the whole concrete will have to obliterated first ?.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:24pm On Mar 02, 2016
Empiree:
How is it going to be rectified now or the whole concrete will have to obliterated first ?.

In this particular example it if reported that the owner opted to have it dismantled it and do a doover.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mayor78: 10:56pm On Mar 02, 2016
4nobody4every1:

Good advise brother. When you are here, you have a choice - Go it fast and be ready to eventually spend a 10years in 'college' without your family, your freedom or PHD before getting your self in MMA LOS if you haven't sought your immigration before then. Or you fall in line, follow the tide for the long haul, spend your 10years in College, with your freedom, your family, improving your knowledge, and end up with Doctor of Philosophy (if you choose that route), or established business person, or employee. The choice is yours bruv. But from all indications, 95% of the time, you can't go wrong with the 'turtle approach'. Slow and steady will eventually win the race. New immigrants BEWARE!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 3:04am On Mar 03, 2016
EgunMogaji:

In this particular example it if reported that the owner opted to have it dismantled it and do a doover.
better
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 4nobody4every1: 11:16am On Mar 03, 2016
Mayor78:

Good advise brother. When you are here, you have a choice - Go it fast and be ready to eventually spend a 10years in 'college' without your family, your freedom or PHD before getting your self in MMA LOS if you haven't sought your immigration before then. Or you fall in line, follow the tide for the long haul, spend your 10years in College, with your freedom, your family, improving your knowledge, and end up with Doctor of Philosophy (if you choose that route), or established business person, or employee. The choice is yours bruv. But from all indications, 95% of the time, you can't go wrong with the 'turtle approach'. Slow and steady will eventually win the race. New immigrants BEWARE!
.....True that and spot on cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 1:17pm On Mar 03, 2016
Ogun why? State where 10m can give you a 4bdroom duplex. This is expliotation.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Beulah09: 1:26pm On Mar 03, 2016
Arnoldfish:

You need to be sure oooo. Some areas have the FRONT setback as 6m.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 1:31pm On Mar 03, 2016
Chekitaut:
Ogun why? State where 10m can give you a 4bdroom duplex. This is expliotation.

10M you just said? You must be joking. It is always easy to throw money around but when you get into it is when you realize the so called 10M is nothing and won't get you anywhere.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 1:46pm On Mar 03, 2016
FastShipping:

10M you just said? You must be joking. It is always easy to throw money around but when you get into it is when you realize the so called 10M is nothing and won't get you anywhere.
Am not talking Lagos I mean Ogun state. Get me the drawing I will give you an intert bill. Ogun state hv it all here. Why will a 2bdroom apartment go for 15.6m. This is outrageous.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 1:59pm On Mar 03, 2016
Chekitaut:
Am not talking Lagos I mean Ogun state. Get me the drawing I will give you an intert bill. Ogun state hv it all here. Why will a 2bdroom apartment go for 15.6m. This is outrageous.

Of course I'm talking about Ogun too. My project is there so I know what I'm talking about. I was told nine months ago that my house should be completed with 7.5M after we did the roofing last year but guess what, we have spent in the region of 9M in the last eight weeks and we are no where near completing the house. My house in not a duplex. I have to admit it is a big house but I never expected to spend this much on it. A situation where you spend 400k on 1 by 12 planks, over 1m on iron rods, over 600 bags of cement tons of granite, stone dust, sharp sand and many more you never expected.

It is always easy throwing numbers around but by the time you get into it is when the reality hits you in the face.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 2:13pm On Mar 03, 2016
Bro dem don rip u, walahi. Hw many bedroom?

Mo sorry gan, where in Ogun state...?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 2:19pm On Mar 03, 2016
Chekitaut:
Bro dem don rip u, walahi. Hw many bedroom?

Mo sorry gan, where in Ogun state...?

It is always easy to say "dem don rip you" grin grin

Not true at all. Projects are not the same. We are talking about 5 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, living room, family room, sunroom and more.

I repeat, there are 2 bedroom duplexes out there that 25 million Naira can't build and there are 2 bedroom duplexes out there that you can build with 10 million Naira.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 2:23pm On Mar 03, 2016
Something is wrong somewhere. This project have not clock 3.5m. 4bedroon all ensuite, two family lodge.

in this project 5,800blocks@N140each, 500bags, 120tons of granite, 6tons iron rod used, setting of blocks 45/block, dpc and decking labour 200k, iron bender all tru N190k, 120tons stone dust 200,000, 60tons sand 100,000.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by demovertion: 2:24pm On Mar 03, 2016
the high number of Nigerians who don’t own a home. A recent study confirmed that over 70% of Nigerians, particularly residents of Lagos, continue to live in rented properties. Affordability remains the biggest problem as many people, despite having decent jobs and a fair income, cannot afford the high-interest mortgages offered by Banks.
Startup Business Red Bricks - Investment
Red/laterite bricks 80% 10-20% cement and paving stones with one single machines
Reducing cost of building , fire proof, water proof , vibration ,. Stop running abroad wasting millions when you can get this machine less than million.
For more information what app-00-380-957683663

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 2:33pm On Mar 03, 2016
Chekitaut:
Something is wrong somewhere. This project have not clock 3.5m. 4bedroon all ensuite, two family lodge

Which project has not clocked 3.5 million Naira? Do you have dimension of the house or what first hand information do you have to conclude 3.5m has not been spent on the house? Maybe you think it is the regular 110-120 square meter project. We are talking about 365 square meter project.

Like I said, it is always easy to sit far away and throw around unrealistic numbers. It is when you get into it that you realize naira doesn't worth anything.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 2:36pm On Mar 03, 2016
Chekitaut:
Something is wrong somewhere. This project have not clock 3.5m. 4bedroon all ensuite, two family lodge

This house you posted its picture here is the same size of my two master bedrooms and sunroom. It could even be smaller than my two master bedrooms combined. So it is worth 3.5M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 2:57pm On Mar 03, 2016
FastShipping:

This house you posted its picture here is the same size of my two master bedrooms and sunroom. It could even be smaller than my two master bedrooms combined. So it is worth 3.5M.
15.6m is outrageous for 2bdroom apartment dat will use less than 3,000blocks..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 3:17pm On Mar 03, 2016
Chekitaut:
15.6m is outrageous for 2bdroom apartment dat will use less than 3,000blocks..

There are two bedroom duplexes out there that can be converted into double three bedroom flat. I have some two bedroom flat plans that are over 200 square meter.

Stop thinking all three bedroom or two bedroom flats are the same. There are two bedroom flats out there that 6,000 blocks won't be enough to build. Plans are not the same.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 3:25pm On Mar 03, 2016
FastShipping:

There are two bedroom duplexes out there that can be converted into double three bedroom flat. I have some two bedroom flat plans that are over 200 square meter.

Stop thinking all three bedroom or two bedroom flats are the same. There are two bedroom flats out there that 6,000 blocks won't be enough to build. Plans are not the same.
I beg to differ, 6,000 blocks? Ko jooor Imagine that opic building in that billboard. Ha! Ijoba ti pa wa. Bros not duplex ooo, apartment

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (3696) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: hamtabfawaz(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.