Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1534) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4445129 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1531) (1532) (1533) (1534) (1535) (1536) (1537) ... (3679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 12:48am On Aug 22, 2020
OK, thank you sir
rotecch77:

Once you log in it will link you direct to your thread.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 1:42am On Aug 22, 2020
Good morning to you all, pls I need help.
My brother bought a land(waterlog), there is a raft foundation on the land, 12mm iron rod was used for column(puller) in the foundation but my brother intend to build a story building with the foundation met on the site.

My question now is;
1.should we continue with the 12mm iron rod for the column? If No, how can we introduce 16mm iron rod to the foundation?
2. Secondly, the foundation plan we met on the site is not the structure we want to build on it. Should we just do monolithic floor and use our own plan on it?

Cc: engineers and experience builder. Thanks in anticipation
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kambols95(m): 2:37am On Aug 22, 2020
YOUR BUILDING IS IN SAFE HANDS.
I AM A STRUCTURAL ENGINEER WHILE MY WIFE IS AN ARCHITECT.

YOU CAN CONTACT MAK DESIGNS & CONSULT FOR YOUR:
- SURVEY PLAN
- ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN
- STRUCTURAL DESIGN
- MECHANICAL DESIGN
- ELECTRICAL DESIGN
- BILL OF QUANTITIES
- PARAPET CONSTRUCTION
- SUPERVISION OF BUILDING PROJECTS
- GENERAL CONSULTANCY SERVICES

All at a reduced professional fee

makdesignsandconsult@gmail.com
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 5:31am On Aug 22, 2020
n3xt:
This roofing woodwork is less than 1 million naira (materials and labour inclusive).

The project is ongoing for those who want to see. It was being roofed by Tilcor

I didn’t even enter bush to buy wood. I bought premium price from the nearest sawmill.

Total Coverage: 520sqm

good morning sir. Congratulations on the pace of your project. Why not contact us to do the iron works involved in this project and help us immortalize our name on this beautiful piece of art.

Our services includes but not limited to doors, handrails,step rails, window protectors and standing tanks. You can state what you want and we tell you if we can get it done or not.

Contact us on 07032fourfour6904 for a favorable working condition where you ensure the safety of your money

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:47am On Aug 22, 2020
michlins:
good morning sir. Congratulations on the pace of your project. Why not contact us to do the iron works involved in this project and help us immortalize our name on this beautiful piece of art.

Our services includes but not limited to doors, handrails,step rails, window protectors and standing tanks. You can state what you want and we tell you if we can get it done or not.

Contact us on 07032fourfour6904 for a favorable working condition where you ensure the safety of your money

I really love your work and business acumen. Keep it up bro! Your big job is coming.

On this particular job, the local welder got the upper hand with his pricing and nearness to the site. He’ll be mobilized this morning.

How much per linear metre is the sidestep below? I really wish you would handle this job but the other guy too na my gee �

Thanks for your understanding bro.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 5:55am On Aug 22, 2020
Dennis3D:

Good. Well done Ade.
thanks boss
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 5:56am On Aug 22, 2020
n3xt:

I really love your work and business acumen. Keep it up bro! Your big job is coming.

On this particular job, the local welder got the upper hand with his pricing and nearness to the site. He’ll be mobilized this morning.

How much per linear metre is the sidestep below? I really wish you would handle this job but the other guy too na my gee �

Thanks for your understanding bro.
for you to appreciate my works is enough for me at this point. And the price for the rails is 65,000 per meter depending on your customization.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:08am On Aug 22, 2020
michlins:
for you to appreciate my works is enough for me at this point. And the price for the rails is 65,000 per meter depending on your customization.

My hand can’t reach this now. I have a 16 metre sidestep to do.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 6:08am On Aug 22, 2020
Ibibioson:
I'm happy for you my brother. I still believe there are people with integrity on this forum, despite my unfortunate experience with that fraudster called hsl-broker. He's now claiming he was kidnapped. First his dad died, then COVID19, after that he was in the hospital, now he was kidnapped.
I'm not in a hurry to go after him now. My money with him is now yielding interest daily. Dead or alive, I will get my money back with interest. He can bet on that
/
You must be new here.

Hslbroker has a bad reputation from a few years
back.

I guess he added new "formats" to his scam.

/

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 6:10am On Aug 22, 2020
n3xt:

My hand can’t reach this now. I have a 16 metre sidestep to do.
you know there's always a room for negotiation. And this is a new product in the market so importers are making a kill until it becomes rampant. Why not contact us so we can reach a favorable place for us both.

Thing about this product is that you can't help yourself but love it
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:15am On Aug 22, 2020
michlins:
you know there's always a room for negotiation. And this is a new product in the market so importers are making a kill until it becomes rampant. Why not contact us so we can reach a favorable place for us both.

I’m investing in that biz soon.

Nigerians just like milking people dry. I learnt a sheet is done 40k and above here.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 6:17am On Aug 22, 2020
n3xt:

I’m investing in that biz soon.

Nigerians just like milking people dry. I learnt a sheet is done 40k and above here.

hehehehehehehe. Demand is driving the prices crazy. Once there are more investors, two things are certain. The prices and quality will drop. The later is the biter pill the society will have to swallow

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:18am On Aug 22, 2020
michlins:
hehehehehehehe. Demand is driving the prices crazy. Once there are more investors, two things are certain. The prices and quality will drop. The later is the biter pill the society will have to swallow

True. That’s the bitter pill.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 6:23am On Aug 22, 2020
n3xt:

True. That’s the bitter pill.
well in the face of the competition and plethora of goods, some will still want to pay premium and get premium services. So I hope when you invest in this business, you can be one of those

Modified post.

Just imagine what Nigeria structures will look like if these type of works adorn them.
To think we came from the last picture on this post some years back to here is ama

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:25am On Aug 22, 2020
michlins:

This is one area I have issues. I don’t know how to negotiate. Just give me most reasonable pricing and let me know if there are any other things that makes your job different.

Two of my close friends lost a bid on my ongoing project because of pricing. One wanted to do plastering for 1.8m and the person who got the job charged 800k.

Maybe me sha

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 6:34am On Aug 22, 2020
n3xt:

This is one area I have issues. I don’t know how to negotiate. Just give me most reasonable pricing and let me know if there are any other things that makes your job different.

Two of my close friends lost a bid on my ongoing project because of pricing. One wanted to do plastering for 1.8m and the person who got the job charged 800k.

Maybe me sha
I don't about plastering business but when it comes to my work, you will have to negotiate. Someone might want same thing as you but with less customization and his choice of materials less. Meanwhile someone else will be willing to go all out to get the best.

So how I run my business is to play out all the scenario and customization which are possible and then let you choose. But whatever thing you choose is EXACTLY what I will use

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 6:45am On Aug 22, 2020
Number of 16mm depends on number of columns but 100pcs is too much. Use estimate of 1 length of 16mm per column starter. The 12mm too may be too much. Do 1 basket and multiply by the number of columns. You have to be on ground!
Pls use only 9 inch blocks for the foundation.
Post the structural drawing for better advice.

igboitalo:
yes fis a dryland
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 6:58am On Aug 22, 2020
Watch an amazing interior home renovation we are doing currently by clicking on this Link and go to the last page...

https://www.nairaland.com/5825308/interior-redesign-reconstruction-3-bedroom
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 7:16am On Aug 22, 2020
Good morning to all and sundry. I hope we all have a nice weekend.
OAK Group is your plug to an efficient, aesthetically pleasing and affordable building designs and construction.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:32am On Aug 22, 2020
michlins:
I don't about plastering business but when it comes to my work, you will have to negotiate. Someone might want same thing as you but with less customization and his choice of materials less. Meanwhile someone else will be willing to go all out to get the best.

So how I run my business is to play out all the scenario and customization which are possible and then let you choose. But whatever thing you choose is EXACTLY what I will use

You’ll never have my business then. No biggie to you I’m sure.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 8:46am On Aug 22, 2020
Dendrick123:

Thanks for your input sir,
The staircase was later reduced to 1800mm on the final plan sir, tho initially I intend on leaving the store without a door, but on second thought I think I'll need to place one where you highlighted, during the building process, or what do you think? sad

Below is a picture of the final plan

GREAT - just relocate the store door and perfect it is.
Thanks...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by igboitalo: 8:49am On Aug 22, 2020
coldcandy:
Number of 16mm depends on number of columns but 100pcs is too much. Use estimate of 1 length of 16mm per column starter. The 12mm too may be too much. Do 1 basket and multiply by the number of columns. You have to be on ground!
Pls use only 9 inch blocks for the foundation.
Post the structural drawing for better advice.

Thanks bro for the reply, I thought so too was thinking like 35 16mm
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:56am On Aug 22, 2020
Dendrick123:

Thanks for your input sir,
The staircase was later reduced to 1800mm on the final plan sir, tho initially I intend on leaving the store without a door, but on second thought I think I'll need to place one where you highlighted, during the building process, or what do you think? sad

Below is a picture of the final plan

@saydfact

What’s under the stairs?

Either VT or pantry should be under those stairs.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dubemcapital1(m): 10:34am On Aug 22, 2020
Abolarin91:
Good morning to you all, pls I need help.
My brother bought a land(waterlog), there is a raft foundation on the land, 12mm iron rod was used for column(puller) in the foundation but my brother intend to build a story building with the foundation met on the site.

My question now is;
1.should we continue with the 12mm iron rod for the column? If No, how can we introduce 16mm iron rod to the foundation?
2. Secondly, the foundation plan we met on the site is not the structure we want to build on it. Should we just do monolithic floor and use our own plan on it?

Cc: engineers and experience builder. Thanks in anticipation

1stly Congratulations. But you should consider that mistakes or improper application of material, idea or skill (unprofessional ) in building construction is a trap or conspiracy against yourself the owner. OK?

1. Pls consult any good structural engineer around you for a proper inspection on the existing foundation and the right materials needed. You can consult 2 or 3 of them.

2. If the structural engineer is positive about building on the existing foundation get an architect to see your dream house you wish to build then he will know the best way of designing the existing foundation to suit what you want to build if not he or she will advice otherwise.

It's always cheaper to hire professionals.

Dubemcapital

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 11:09am On Aug 22, 2020

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sinorte: 11:33am On Aug 22, 2020
Good morning all,

Please I need someone to help me with steps/stages to follow next in my building construction.

To the glory of God, we've completed the roofing and also concluded the piping for the plumbing and electrical works. I suppose plastering should follow next.

Since I'm overseeing the rest of the project myself, I need to know what what other tasks should follow sequentially until the house is fit to live in.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 11:33am On Aug 22, 2020
bablex:
Good afternoon nairalanders, please help me confirm if this quotation is too much for a four bedroom ensuite from foundation to roofing and plastering only

about 600 bags of cement to build a 4 bedroom bungalow?

8 trip of 20 tonnes in foundation + another 4 in German floor ?

I'm asking for a friend ooh grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:37am On Aug 22, 2020
saydfact:

about 600 bags of cement to build a 4 bedroom bungalow? I'm asking for a friend ooh grin

I just hope that people are not getting discouraged from all these quotes grin

I’ll ask my partner for how much cement that we’ve used to get to this level.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 11:44am On Aug 22, 2020
sinorte:
Good morning all,

Please I need someone to help me with steps/stages to follow next in my building construction.

To the glory of God, we've completed the roofing and also concluded the piping for the plumbing and electrical works. I suppose plastering should follow next.

Since I'm overseeing the rest of the project myself, I need to know what what other tasks should follow sequentially until the house is fit to live in.

Since the first fix of Electrical, plumbing and AC has been completed, the next stage is should plastering of the entire house.
Follow by;
Window/burglary/ Main entrance door and kitchen door
Next is Cabling for all the outlet
- POP/ceiling
-Screening
-Tiling
-Installation of electrical and plumbing fittings
-Final painting

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 11:50am On Aug 22, 2020
Good morning all.
What do you think about this flooring as against interlock... Your reviews would be welcomed...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 12:02pm On Aug 22, 2020
Thanks for your response sir, I really appreciate.
Dubemcapital1:

1stly Congratulations. But you should consider that mistakes or improper application of material, idea or skill (unprofessional ) in building construction is a trap or conspiracy against yourself the owner. OK?

1. Pls consult any good structural engineer around you for a proper inspection on the existing foundation and the right materials needed. You can consult 2 or 3 of them.

2. If the structural engineer is positive about building on the existing foundation get an architect to see your dream house you wish to build then he will know the best way of designing the existing foundation to suit what you want to build if not he or she will advice otherwise.

It's always cheaper to hire professionals.

Dubemcapital
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 22, 2020

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1531) (1532) (1533) (1534) (1535) (1536) (1537) ... (3679) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.