Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,046 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1581) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4441452 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1578) (1579) (1580) (1581) (1582) (1583) (1584) ... (3678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rerin: 9:10am On Sep 08, 2020
Hello house, please can I use 6inches block on a decking with 1 feet shootout even though i used 9inches all through at the ground floor? I used 35 pillars at the ground floor flats, can i reduce them to 20pillars at upper part flats of decking?
Is it manually made blocks are better or machine made with a bit of stone dust blocks. Please enlighten me more. Its not water logged, 6units of flats
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 9:12am On Sep 08, 2020
Abolarin91:
Yes! Satin is water resistance and it also exist in Nigeria. Dulux product is good and better
I am aware Dulux and Levis were the best paints brands in quality in Nigeria then...I wasn't sure if they were following up the trends of different paints for different situations like we are use to in Europe.
Noted the abysmal electricity situation will make the extractor fan not be put to use regularly, but with better air flow in the kitchen steam and moisture will dissipate easily and satin paint would protect the wall against any penetration.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 9:13am On Sep 08, 2020
Omonjoe:
Hello our Professionals here. Could someone please help me vet this roofing quote given to me by my carpenter
Woods:
2×4 = 900pcs @#450 per piece
2×3 = 150pcs @ #350 per piece
2×2 = 1000pcs @#250 per piece
2×6 = 60pcs @#700 per piece
4" Nails = 5 bags @7000 per bag
3" Nails = 3 bags @#7000 per bag
Workmanship = #300,000

I'm planning to use stone coated ties roof. The building is a 4 bedroom bungalow and a security house. The kingpost is about 6m.
Attached is the floor plan of the house and security house

we can handle it at lesser workmanship price with lesser quantity with high quality sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 9:14am On Sep 08, 2020
Abolarin91:
Great! We need more of people like you in this thread(don't easily carried away by honey-mouth)! Your request will wake the mind of most people here now, thank you so much.
this is exactly why I said earlier that this group will be part of the whole business arrangements. People like him will definitely out me as fraud if I am one because they ask the very critical questions

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rerin: 9:16am On Sep 08, 2020
Can someone help me with names of reputable and reliable real estates/property developers or agents that sell affordable lands in Lagos, no contact details please cos i will find that myself.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 9:18am On Sep 08, 2020
Dennis3D:
Any reliable sharp sand supplier in Ile Ife - Osun State. Kindly let me know the price of your #Sharp Sand 20 Tons and 30 Tons.

Granite - 30 Tons.

Filling Stand 10, 20, 30 Tons respectively.

Thanks.

welcome to the source bro..
please contact me for the woodwork.
from foundation to roofing level.
please contact me 07060795767
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Fromwater: 9:18am On Sep 08, 2020
saydfact:

1st question is; are there people living around there already - maybe the way you took the pics made it look so

2ndly - 1m wont do much, I wld have advice you pay 1 year rent and do everything to raise about 2m to get it habitable in 365 days.

Goodluck
People are living there already and some structures are being raised there too.
Will the 1m be enough to fix just the masters bdrm, living room, dining and the veranda, excluding the other 2 rooms?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 9:20am On Sep 08, 2020
Dennis3D:

Message me on Whatsapp 07038166370
ok
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 9:20am On Sep 08, 2020
Fromwater:

Will the 1m be enough to fix just the masters bdrm, living room, dining and the veranda, excluding the other 2 rooms?

YES

How many doors and windows are there in total ? thats the major cost

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Fromwater: 9:25am On Sep 08, 2020
saydfact:

YES

How many doors and windows are there in total ? thats the major cost

10 windows
8 doors
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 9:26am On Sep 08, 2020
Rerin:
Hello house, please can I use 6inches block on a decking with 1 feet shootout even though i used 9inches all through at the ground floor? I used 35 pillars at the ground floor flats, can i reduce them to 20pillars at upper part flats of decking?
Is it manually made blocks are better or machine made with a bit of stone dust blocks. Please enlighten me more. Its not water logged, 6units of flats

I am not a building expert tho....I think you can use 6inches for the upper floor to reduce load on the decking and ground floor pillars/column...one foot is not really much.....check out some thread here from:
@spyder880,
@rotecch77,
@Timol,
@Dennis3D,
@n3xt
etc
to see and get insight of what are possible in the building construction.

But reducing the pillars to 20 could have some effect on the structure.....I would advice to maintain the same numbers of pillars for the upper floor.

I hope they notice your questions for a better answer.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:28am On Sep 08, 2020
Fromwater:

Yes you can.

50 bags of cement = 130
Sand = 50
Ceiling = 100
Plumbing = 150
Electrical = 150
Borehole = X
*Windows =150
Doors x 5 = 140
Water tank/tower = X
Tiles = 150
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 9:30am On Sep 08, 2020
n3xt:

Each sir.

Can those guys deliver to Ajah. I will need couple of 30 tons of similar product, no game no cheating with fair prices. Others that are interested should post their prices and references here to competitive as well.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:30am On Sep 08, 2020
Rerin:

Please follow the approved structural drawing or if you must make changes then have your architect and structural engineer do a new one.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:33am On Sep 08, 2020
kopell:
Can those guys deliver to Ajah. I will need couple of 30 tons of similar product, no game no cheating with fair prices. Others that are interested should post their prices and references here to competitive as well.

I don’t even know the guys. I’m running this through my site supervisor.

I’m sure they won’t go that far.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Fromwater: 9:38am On Sep 08, 2020
n3xt:

Yes you can.

50 bags of cement = 130
Sand = 50
Ceiling = 100
Plumbing = 150
Electrical = 150
Borehole = X
*Windows =150
Doors x 5 = 140
Water tank/tower = X
Tiles = 150

Thanks sir, I will use this as a template.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by flekky07(f): 9:50am On Sep 08, 2020
kopell:
jesusson2020 am promoting u,

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 9:57am On Sep 08, 2020
rotecch77:

You are much more correct
Actually it’s not compulsory to tiled all the wall both the wet and the dry area but at times when client want it tiled all round nothing you can do than to do so.
I did this halve tiled about 5-6yrs ago for a member here and it’s looks nice. Not only him I have done many like that too.

But this doesn’t fit some building o truly.

In that case the client choice defined that situation..... Oga Hajj once commented that knowing Nigeria for what it is it's better to tile all walls for rest of mind, but that seem to be a general view about kitchen and bathroom in Nigeria. Yes, noted that majority of Nigerians doesn't have consistent maintenance culture attitude but it not really necessary if you understand how protective satin paint could be.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 10:17am On Sep 08, 2020
Rerin:
Can someone help me with names of reputable and reliable real estates/property developers or agents that sell affordable lands in Lagos, no contact details please cos i will find that myself.

BRICKVEST

they are good at what they do
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:18am On Sep 08, 2020
omanzo02:

In that case the client choice defined that situation..... Oga Hajj once commented that knowing Nigeria for what it is it's better to tile all walls for rest of mind, but that seem to be a general view about kitchen and bathroom in Nigeria. Yes, noted that majority of Nigerians doesn't have consistent maintenance culture attitude but it not really necessary if you understand how protective satin paint could be.

The default setting in Nigeria is “All Bathroom/Kitchen Wall Tiled”

Today there are many antibacterial paints with formulation to produce a cleaner environment.

There are also steam resistant paints and the greaseproof paints that can be washed without any colour fading.

The possibilities out there really are endless!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 10:33am On Sep 08, 2020
n3xt:

The default setting in Nigeria is “All Bathroom/Kitchen Wall Tiled”

Today there are many antibacterial paints with formulation to produce a cleaner environment.

There are also steam resistant paints and the greaseproof paints that can be washed without any colour fading.

The possibilities out there really are endless!

Exactly! Mostly in hotels I have noticed all bathrooms wall are tiled but in some only the areas where the shower or bathtub is are tiled....in residential houses where the bathrooms or toilets are partitioned with wooden materials get all tiled mostly.....I believe we could be more creative with tiles and paints than we do now.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:39am On Sep 08, 2020
kopell:

Let me tell you what you need to know and why you may not get sand at the price shared.

When I bought my truck and took it to Ajah, the suppliers association said I cannot use it on my projects except I register as a supplier.

I told them I have no business with any association. I bought my truck just like anyone else can buy a Mercedes. I can determine what to do with it on my own project.

I told them I’m not selling sand. I just want to use it for my personal project.

These guys won’t have it.

So I decided to use 2 strong suppliers (one at Abraham Adesanya junction and the other at Alpha Beach). They have access to my truck anytime they have jobs and my driver mention their name anytime they have jobs.

So if you see my truck on the road and you ask my driver how much is sand, it’ll be the same rate as every other supplier.

The same thing applies to trucks from other states.

You’ll definitely need a supplier which ever way.

But I dare any supplier to say I’m wrong. Most suppliers don’t play games with me cos my supervisor always tell them “Oga, get hin own truck o.”

I have full data of what it takes to move a truck from Ibadan to anywhere in lagos and even within Lagos (the diesel, drivers fee, logistics etc).
So as a honorable minister, I have decided to off my mic on this subject.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:51am On Sep 08, 2020
omanzo02:

There are houses in the USA with full wall tiles in wet areas.

Additionally we really can’t compare west areas in USA and Nigeria due to how we build.

We use water resistant gypsum boards in wet areas in the USA. This serves the same purpose as tiles in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 10:57am On Sep 08, 2020
Good morning my ogas, for all your survey needs please call 08069018449

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mexxy1(m): 11:03am On Sep 08, 2020
JustCryptos:

Port Harcourt. I look hungrier than him. So, he's supposed to pity me sef.

Where are you based, please?
I noticed that you don't have a dedicated thread for your jobs and most of your posts are on phones.

Good thing you noticed. I have refrained from talking about it so people don't brand me a hater.

The guy michlins is a MIDDLE MAN and NOT a welder as he claims. He goes around snapping pictures from welders and claiming they're his jobs and, spamming people's threads uneccessarily.

How will someone who has so many jobs under his belt have only one thread advertising his jobs and several threads selling phones?

I noticed it very long ago but, chose to just mind my business of reading posts.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:03am On Sep 08, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Additionally we really can’t compare west areas in USA and Nigeria due to how we build.

We use water resistant gypsum boards in wet areas in the USA. This serves the same purpose as tiles in Nigeria.

I once did an open plan studio concept for a mixed used development and we had plans to carve out a bath from the open space.

The architect asked me how do you intend to control damp in the room. There were no tiles, no floor drain etc.

I simply told him “We are using Backer Boards.”

The real issue is not using tiles but most people don’t even know the alternatives out there.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 11:05am On Sep 08, 2020
Yes. Actually I don't have any project that require doors for now but I am impress with the way you always come up with reduced price of door and gate. Just proof yourself right to all the questions members of this thread will ask you, money is not easy to get.
michlins:
this is exactly why I said earlier that this group will be part of the whole business arrangements. People like him will definitely out me as fraud if I am one because they ask the very critical questions
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 11:09am On Sep 08, 2020
I don't know about Levis paint but I am 100% sure Dulus still maintain their quality till date! I used Dulux recently and I am happy with the result, though it expensive but it value for money.

Dulux have different paint for different purpose.
omanzo02:

I am aware Dulux and Levis were the best paints brands in quality in Nigeria then...I wasn't sure if they were following up the trends of different paints for different situations like we are use to in Europe.
Noted the abysmal electricity situation will make the extractor fan not be put to use regularly, but with better air flow in the kitchen steam and moisture will dissipate easily and satin paint would protect the wall against any penetration.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mexxy1(m): 11:09am On Sep 08, 2020
Mayor78:

You are making yourself look more unserious and melodramatic than a skilled fabricator. I have previously expressed doubts here over your claims that you are the main guy behind those doors and gates you post here. You have not made reasonable efforts to prove yourself and covince.

You are posting doors and gates including old samples you have exhibited in your previous 2017 thread as your works without attempts to explain the time of the work. Again the background of the works you are posting shows that the pictures are collections from different locations.

You consistently mentioned Nnewi in Anambra State as your location and even posted your supposed company flier *New Pace* without the exact address of your factory or working place as a genuine workshop would do.

Now you are quoting very attractive prices for the doors you post, and at the same time telling us that your profit per door is less than N2K   How a genuine workshop with apprentices, and co workers would be making doors with N2k profit in Nigeria during a peacetime.

I am still struggling to understand what is going on.

You appears articulate, fluent, and determined but I really doubt that a profit of N2K for a door is enough motivation for a fabricator to grow his business. It may be enough for a middleman in the market or street hustler but doubtful for the handyman himself.

You have previously stated you can work or supply anywhere if the price is good because you are looking for money. But I do observe that when asked to qoute for a location, you changed and extended the goal post requesting the person to be specific of the location. Somebody asked you the cost of the doors to Abuja, you asked for exact Abuja location when we knew that in general. a chartered vehicle from Nnewi to Abuja is what it is, a chartered vehicle to Abuja. Meaning that whether it is wuse, gwarimpa, Karu, maitama, or even aso rock the cost would be insignificant while negotiating the charter at least. The response of a willing fabricator to such enquiry would have been to ask of the quantity then plead for time to get back, so he check the tp cost.

If am not mistaking I think that when you introduced yourself here as new, showed your work and request for a trial job, somebody volunteered to provide conditional guarantee (Is it Twinskenny and Gbadexy supporting), who said he is working in the East then and may stand shortee to start you off. I may be wrong. (if am right with the assertion) That you haven't got a job after that means that you may not have met the guarantors condition or what they found is way out expectations.

But here you are, goading Brabus for work, I hope you wont recluse when the offer comes. I you have been advised to post video of where you are working either in your workshop or at site since you have talked of moving to site to do work if the work is big and money is right. If you kept posting finished works from different fabricators in different workshops and passing same as your hand work, without showing us videos of at least on gate or door you are constructing or where you have installed your work, I and many here would remain unconvinced.

Muyeski is one fabulous fabricator here who has shown his work in videos and pictures, and people here have worked with him previously before some issues. We knew he is the guy behind the gates. We have seen him in action. Ok he may had one or two issues with some here, but he is a fabricator nonetheless.

Workmen don't hide their identity or contact address except if they are hiding away from something.

All the years you were absent or inactive on your gate and doors thread, you werr active on Romance section and techmology section selling phones. You claimed making money selling phone you got from a Nairalander abroad. Nothing bad with engaging in pastime at romance section or double jobbing, but of all jobs, one must be a side hustle. Which one? Phone, or selling doors??

How I wish you will not only gloss over these questions with your erudite grammar or simple soliloquy but go on to spring us with a surprise on what is behind the mask, not merely a Pandora box.

Thank you for this. You have really done a proper background check on him. He is no welder nor fabricator. Just a middle man posting random pictures from different workshops.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by JustCryptos: 11:25am On Sep 08, 2020
omanzo02:

So, in terms of cost, which option is cheaper?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 11:33am On Sep 08, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I have personally seen all full wall tiles and partly full wall tiles in the USA and some other part of the world I have been to and I think building construction are very different from what I am use to in Europe where
creative combination of walls and tiles are popular in kitchen, bathrooms and toilets but cross boarder sourcing of ideas and interior decoration u find a mix of both these days.....some apart toilets don't need tiles at all.
I just felt we can be more creative and do better than the general view that only tile can get us a better decoration or keep moisture away.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by qdlvy: 11:33am On Sep 08, 2020
n3xt:

Smiles. We are all waiting for the pics of the truck.

I’m not seeing myself opening threads on construction updates any time soon. Maybe customers can have access to construction updates on NextHome website tho.

But I’m sure I’d start sharing #bestofnaijahomes and the unique designs in the contemporary world which is my core. We’d be exploring alternative construction methods.

In the meantime, the modernist should check this out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q2LzMgUbvo

The Changing Landscapes | Lagos

Was the iron stairs locally fabricated or imported? Looks nice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1578) (1579) (1580) (1581) (1582) (1583) (1584) ... (3678) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.