Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,386 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1587) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4413782 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1584) (1585) (1586) (1587) (1588) (1589) (1590) ... (3671) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 1:37am On Sep 09, 2020
n3xt:

6cm is fine for residential. 8cm is good for commercial buildings prone to heavy vehicular movement and heavy trucks due to load resistance.
You’re fine with 6cm tho!
#brabusinterlockDIY

Oga mi, I knew that o. I was just joking, as you can see my smiley face. We actually used a good mix with only stonedust and granite with enough cement, no any type of sand is used. I trusted Aventures with the supervision and he built the house anyway. And actually, it's my residential building, few cars will be parked there as I still use Raleigh bicycles (not motorcyle) to cruise around with Mr. EgunMogaji whenever I am on ground.smiley
Thank you jare, Oga Brabus.

Hajji M.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 1:42am On Sep 09, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Boss, don’t sweat it Sir. Alongside size is also the strength of the concrete mix and the subfloor prep.

The only reason yours may crack is the heavier weight of the Rolls Royce and Maybachs cheesy

smileysmileysmileysmileysmiley See my post after this yours o... I thought we still play with Raleigh bicycle... Rolls Royce and Maybachs keh... You no like me o.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:20am On Sep 09, 2020
mufutau55:

Oga mi, I knew that o. I was just joking, as you can see my smiley face. We actually used a good mix with only stonedust and granite with enough cement, no any type of sand is used. I trusted Aventures with the supervision and he built the house anyway. And actually, it's my residential building, few cars will be parked there as I still use bicycle (not motorcyle) to sit cruise around with EgunMogaji whenever I am on ground.smiley

Hajji M.

I miss my bikes sad

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 2:33am On Sep 09, 2020
Aluminium Window with burglary Or without burglary CASEMENT WINDOW OR SLIDING WINDOW enquiry for your own today
Call :08069609983 Or whatsApp
Thanks!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 2:36am On Sep 09, 2020
Focusmind:

My dear, If I tell you say I know, na lie - My knowledge of building na from this thread and asking questions. I don't know if Satin paint is used for exterior walls. Note that Satin is not a brand but a product type. The building gurus in this thread will definitely intervene.

Dulux call satin Silk... Other manufacturers call it satin. So it's a brand name of a particular type of paint not a paint name. Berger paints have it do, same as others
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 2:41am On Sep 09, 2020
raymondFirstborn:

German floor is a layman term.
Technical term is oversite concrete.
DPC - means damp proof course- it's at this course ,that damproof membrane(nylon ) is laid.

100% correct
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by JustCryptos: 6:24am On Sep 09, 2020
JustCryptos:
Please, I'll like to ask. Has anyone here used PVC doors for their internal doors? How about for windows?

If yes, please what is your assessment?

This is still unanswered ooo... Biko help me.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coxlinda(m): 6:25am On Sep 09, 2020
Distress!!! Distress!!!
Functional but not in operation filling station on 2half corner piece of land. with 4pumps,lube bay, 2nos 3600litters and 2nos of 2500litters
Tittle C of O, DPR license along Akunlemu/Baago Rd,off Oyo ogbomoso Rd GRA, Oyo East L.G.A
Oyo town. Pictures Available on request
Price 17million (slightly negotiable) call/what's app:08099363352, 08068243003

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 7:45am On Sep 09, 2020
JustCryptos:
Please, I'll like to ask. Has anyone here used PVC doors for their internal doors? How about for windows?

If yes, please what is your assessment?

Yes I have used more than 30pcs for project That i handled/ sales
Mainly for toilet.
Very durable.

Made in Turkey

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:46am On Sep 09, 2020
Focusmind:

My dear, If I tell you say I know, na lie - My knowledge of building na from this thread and asking questions. I don't know if Satin paint is used for exterior walls. Note that Satin is not a brand but a product type. The building gurus in this thread will definitely intervene.

No. It’s used for interiors.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by temi4fash(m): 7:52am On Sep 09, 2020
mufutau55:

Oga mi, I knew that o. I was just joking, as you can see my smiley face. We actually used a good mix with only stonedust and granite with enough cement, no any type of sand is used. I trusted Aventures with the supervision and he built the house anyway. And actually, it's my residential building, few cars will be parked there as I still use bicycle (not motorcyle) to sit cruise around with EgunMogaji whenever I am on ground.smiley

Hajji M.

Hello Sir,

Is stone dust better than Sharp sand.

Why didn't they use sand for the interlocking??

Can same be applied to molding of blocks too??
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:59am On Sep 09, 2020
temi4fash:

Hello Sir,

Is stone dust better than Sharp sand.

Why didn't they use sand for the interlocking??

Can same be applied to molding of blocks too??

Stone dust blocks are stronger than sharp sand blocks.

So much so that my original idea to only build my estate with stone dust blocks was shelved. The artisans had a tough time running pipes and whatnots in the Welcome Center that I built from stone dust blocks.

It’s more expensive too.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 8:12am On Sep 09, 2020
Fromwater:

Money don finish be dat.
Well my priority doors are main entrance door (iron), exit door (iron) and the masters bedroom door(wood).other doors can wait.
So any review?

Its OK -
BUT complete the windows and burglary

God's strength

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Person2person(m): 9:01am On Sep 09, 2020
Good morning fam. check signature for best deals on doors, wardrobes and kitchen cabinets @ pocket friendly rates

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jesusson2020: 9:05am On Sep 09, 2020
Chekitaut:
One of the reason you said we... kontinu

My price
Sand13tons @33k+7ton @22k=55k(No chines truck carry up to this) but because if i am her terrain i will quickly deliver & leave i charged transpotation 15k making it 70k.

This is where i question your integrity.

55k sand in ajah/Sangotedo sand field, will be too much for one China truck to carry.

You know I'm telling the truth, if you feel is not true, let's put a bet, we go to Berger Ajah with china truck let's buy 15 ton of sand and put inside your china truck.

Bring your witnesses. How much are you ready to bet? 50k, 100k?

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by temi4fash(m): 9:05am On Sep 09, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Stone dust blocks are stronger than sharp sand blocks.

So much so that my original idea to only build my estate with stone dust blocks was shelved. The artisans had a tough time running pipes and whatnots in the Welcome Center that I built from stone dust blocks.

It’s more expensive too.

More expensive..

How??

Is the mix not the same with the sharp sand

A ton of sharp sand and stone dust is same cost wish I think.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by temi4fash(m): 9:11am On Sep 09, 2020
jesusson2020:

This is where i question your integrity.

55k sand in ajah/Sangotedo sand field, will be too much for one China truck to carry.

You know I'm telling the truth, if you feel is not true, let's put a bet, we go to Berger Ajah with china truck let's buy 15 ton of sand and put inside your china truck.

Bring your witnesses. How much are you ready to bet? 50k, 100k?

Wjere is your contact Bros??

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jesusson2020: 9:26am On Sep 09, 2020
temi4fash:

OK.. Thanks for the clarification... How do i contact you??

I sent you a PM

What is rhe average cost of transport from that location to Arepo??

Oga the truck i drive, I'm only allow to operate within ajah, Chevron, sangotedo, mostly within Island.

You cannot transport sand from ajah to arepo, the cost will be too much.

you can find sand within your area, or owode, oworo, ogudu.

I'm not here to do supplyer job, they are in association, once they report u, they will force truck owner to take the truck away from you.

Checkitout tone means alot, you cannot do my job, i cannot do ur job. If only u know the meaning in this business.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BabaOman(f): 9:35am On Sep 09, 2020
Needed: This is not for the big boys. We need someone based in Ibadan to help us do corner pieces on farmlands in Ibadan and its environs. It's farmland o; the person will be in charge of moving the needed materials to the site.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by JustCryptos: 9:37am On Sep 09, 2020
rotecch77:

Yes I have used more than 30pcs for project That i handled/ sales
Mainly for toilet.
Very durable.

Made in Turkey

Thanks man. Someone recommended it for my kobo kobo internal doors.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by temi4fash(m): 9:42am On Sep 09, 2020
jesusson2020:

Oga the truck i drive, I'm only allow to operate within ajah, Chevron, sangotedo, mostly within Island.

You cannot transport sand from ajah to arepo, the cost will be too much.

you can find sand within your area, or owode, oworo, ogudu.

I'm not here to do supplyer job, they are in association, once they report u, they will force truck owner to take the truck away from you.

Checkitout tone means alot, you cannot do my job, i cannot do ur job. If only u know the meaning in this business.

Wooow..

This is interesting..

Thank you bro

Am actually asking for the other lady that is asking maybe you didn't get it.

Am already looking at options in my area

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adaba0803(m): 10:20am On Sep 09, 2020
We are Still available to handle your pickup and delivery Service call/WhatsApp on 08118888592
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 10:31am On Sep 09, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Paleegee(m): 10:50am On Sep 09, 2020
Hello everyone are you looking for a professional bricklayer and tiler. that can work with or Without Engineers, or you looking on renovating your house or correcting wrong block setting with plastering to look perfect please contact me directly on my number +2347056666699 also on WhatsApp. In God I trust.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Paleegee(m): 10:56am On Sep 09, 2020
Hello everyone are you looking for a professional bricklayer and tiler. that can work with or Without Engineers, or you looking on renovating your house or correcting wrong block setting with plastering to look perfect please contact me directly on my number +2347056666699 also on WhatsApp. In God I trust.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:00pm On Sep 09, 2020
temi4fash:

More expensive..

How??

It's what they sell in the market.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:27pm On Sep 09, 2020
temi4fash:

More expensive..

How??

You can’t compare a block made with stonedust and sharp sand. To give you ideas, go and buy blocks in Abeokuta, you will need concrete cutter to cut them.

Let me see if I can share a picture of the blocks I used in one of my projects in Abeokuta.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mayor78: 1:06pm On Sep 09, 2020
Rerin:
Its over 5 years i did the ground floor and unfortunately i can't remember the quotation but did the decking not long ago. I intend raising the first floor now but I need responses so as not to be cheated by the bricklayers. If to just give no of blocks and cement. Size of decking is 43ft length and 35.5breadth

SayDFact has helped with how to estimate perimeter wall. Go to the thread and acquaint yourself with the measurement of blocks and calculations to estimate your own walls, and thank him for his efforts thereafter.
The link is below.

https://www.nairaland.com/5818635/estimating-cost-fencing-6-plots
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mrsteel: 1:08pm On Sep 09, 2020
temi4fash:

More expensive..

How??

Stone dust is more expensive than sharp sand

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Footstradamus(m): 1:09pm On Sep 09, 2020
Top of the day to the house

Great job from most of the contributors on here, especially the pro's sharing expertise for free.

I was scrolling through old Nairaland building threads and stumbled on a floor plan that really caught my fancy (attached)

I have two questions

firstly can it fit into a 50x100 and still leave moderate space for parking etc

Secondly what would a bungalow like that cost to erect with average finishing, all ceilings POP.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 1:35pm On Sep 09, 2020
coldcandy:
Chekitaut! Good evening sir! You have just challenged science that sand is heavier than granite!
This can easily be verified. Can somebody fill two paint buckets or any equal containers, one with sand and another with granite, and weigh them on a scale?

Even though the density of gravel is higher than sand, when it comes to weight of a volume of each of them, it is highly dependent on moisture content..

Gravel is 2400kg/m³
Sand is 160kg/m³
So for every 1m³, you get

2400kg/m³ x 1m³=2,400kg of gravel
1600kg/m³ x 1m³=1,600kg of sandq

This is supposedly the dry weight. When you consider moisture content, sand absorbs more water and by its closer particle packing, it also retains more water. So in general the, moisture content of sand should be close to twice that of ggravel at the same exposure. The moisture content of gravel becomes lower with higher particle size. So stone dust is heavier than ¼inch which is heavier than ½inch which is heavier than ¾inch and so on.

Lets assume moisture content of sand at 30%, under the same conditions, moisture content of gravel maybe 15%.

So 2400kg of granite is actually
2400+(2400x0.15)
=2400+360
=2740kg

1600kg of sand is actually
1600+(1600x0.3)
=1600+480
=2080kg

At the end, its unlikely that sand will be heavier than gravel except if the granite is of very poor quality.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Wilsonmabel: 1:41pm On Sep 09, 2020
True, but not if your tenants come from trusted renting companies like Renting.ng. All of my tenants come from them and they behave well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1584) (1585) (1586) (1587) (1588) (1589) (1590) ... (3671) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dannie007(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.