Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,738 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1613) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4391497 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1610) (1611) (1612) (1613) (1614) (1615) (1616) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by earthrealm(m): 9:51pm On Sep 14, 2020
n3xt:

My 4th inverter got damaged because my in-law decided to try pressing iron on it.

The inverter (Mercury) blew. But my latest inverter will trip off and put a message on the screen.

A lot of people do overload their system.
I’ve had 3 since 8 years ago and added the 4th one 2018 without major issues.

whatever you do, dont buy mecury inverters, its a pile of horses,h.it. most mecury inverters are modified sine wave, not pure sine wave, spoils inductive loads, like fans, clipper, blender etc.

seems you have a small inverter?. i recommend 3 to 4kva for most family homes.with minimum 4 batts
there is a nifty device you can buy and install in your inverter output, to prevent it being inadvertently overloaded, will post the pic later.i have been using inverters since 2009. none had any serious issue, apart from my elcheapo first inverter 1kva, 25k then, it stopped charging, but still inverts, i added a small charger to it. till i gave it out when i upgraded
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 9:55pm On Sep 14, 2020
n3xt:

If not for you sir, I will have done the N2m inverter.

Eshin iwaju ni t’eyin nwo sare grin grin

I got good backup systems from this Naija Based Solar Power Company, Afriipower https://afriipower.com/ Their after-sales is kiss
I can’t even remember who recommend them to me.

Forget about my kobo-kobo usage o, it has become my trade mark. But I always make sure I go for the quality equipments. When it comes to electricity I dont joke o.
I will look-up that link you posted. Thank you very much.
If I was totally resident on ground, I would have done it long time ago... but I cannot leave it unmaintained.
Thanks again.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 10:10pm On Sep 14, 2020
HURRY! DISCOUNTED PRICES!!

Quanta 200a 12v battery(white carton)..... 148,000
Monbat 200a 12v battery ............. 159,000

All brand new with standard product warranty

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by desiji: 10:16pm On Sep 14, 2020
mufutau55:

Thank you very much. I know you have done this successfully. Of course sir, I will surely get the high end Chinese equipments. Forget about the Hybrids then, that is for here, but Naija use is what I need.
I will contact you later, so I can get some recommended equipment list from you. I hope I can do at least 5kva supported with NEPA and Generators (both small and big Sound proof). Thank you very much sir.

BTW... Anywhere I can get more on the DEYE inverters mentioned above. Thx.

Hajji M.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMnOFvf9vCc

Here is a link i am upgrading my solar plant but due to corona and lock was not able to come but we be home soon and will blog.
The mistake most make about solar is that we expect to use our old appliances with solar and the charlatans that dosen't understand basic physics parading themselves as installers and solar Gurus

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 10:17pm On Sep 14, 2020
[quote author=oseiwe post=93928647]
kindly assist see if this looks OK, I want to give the go ahead. any modifications?

pic isn't attaching.

*This estimation is for 2bedroom and 4bedroom duplex to decking level*

2500pcs of blocks (200 * 2500) = *#500,000*
60bags of cement (2700 * 60) = *#162,000*
15tonnes of granite = *#85,000*
20tonnes of sharp sand = *#60,000*
20tonnes of soft sand = *#50,000*
Half tonne of 12mm iron = *#130,000*
*Iron for decking* �
8pcs of 16mm iron (4,800 * cool = *#38,400*
20lenghts of 10mm iron = *#44,000*
1 roll of binding wire = *#8,000*
*Planks for pillar and linted*�
50pcs if planks (1400 * 50) = *#70,000*
1bag of nail = *#6,000*
Workmanship = *#350,000*
*For pegging* �
6pcs of somi planks (1400 * 6) = 8400*
Cutting of some planks (200 * 6) = *1200*
2 bundle of Peggy wood (2500 *2) = *#5000*
Nail = *3,000*
*Total = #1,521,4000*[/quote

the price is highly inflated..
though depends on location..
wheres the site location?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 10:38pm On Sep 14, 2020
PRODUCT UPDATE! GET YOURS NOW!!

Axpert king off-grid 5kva 48v (80a mppt) pure sine wave inverter .... 345,000

Axpert 3kva 24v (40a mppt) pure sine wave inverter .... 137,000

Axpert 3kva 24v (50a pwm) pure sinewave inverter ... 115,000

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 10:52pm On Sep 14, 2020
desiji:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMnOFvf9vCc

Here is a link i am upgrading my solar plant but due to corona and lock was not able to come but we be home soon and will blog.
The mistake most make about solar is that we expect to use our old appliances with solar and the charlatans that dosen't understand basic physics parading themselves as installers and solar Gurus

Thank you very much, my brother.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oseiwe(m): 11:25pm On Sep 14, 2020
[quote author=Johntemmy post=93931998][/quote] what's the inflation? location is alagbole-akute, inside ojodu berger.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mayor78: 11:52pm On Sep 14, 2020
michlins:
These type of color combination no dey pass two hours e come be black. Each of these gates cost at least 3k each. Then you will start buying other stuff for finishing.

Tell your local welder the color combination that happened here.

Over here, we innovate and it has crashed the cost of production. Another thing I learnt tonight is that labor is paid by day and not by productivity. [/b]Imagine paying person 3k per day and he will do ordinary two doors a day. ..

grin grin grin

Oga Michael, are you saying, [b]you only learnt 'tonight' that labor is paid by day and not by productivity?

Labour for what exactly are you referring to here please,....painting metal doors or gates?? Can it be a typo error?

Semantics matters in my world!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 12:14am On Sep 15, 2020
Mayor78:

Oga Michael, are you saying, you only learnt 'tonight' that labor is paid by day and not by productivity?

Labour for what exactly are you referring to here please,....painting metal doors or gates?? Can it be a typo error?

Semantics matters in my world!
over here, you pay according to what you make. Everything has it's own price. If you like sleep on top of one job. You will be replaced before noon. Good morning sir

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:09am On Sep 15, 2020
earthrealm:

whatever you do, dont buy mecury inverters, its a pile of horses,h.it. most mecury inverters are modified sine wave, not pure sine wave, spoils inductive loads, like fans, clipper, blender etc.

seems you have a small inverter?. i recommend 3 to 4kva for most family homes.with minimum 4 batts
there is a nifty device you can buy and install in your inverter output, to prevent it being inadvertently overloaded, will post the pic later.i have been using inverters since 2009. none had any serious issue, apart from my elcheapo first inverter 1kva, 25k then, it stopped charging, but still inverts, i added a small charger to it. till i gave it out when i upgraded

I started with small inverter and one battery setup. Now on Xantrex. I have different setups tho.

This is what I’ve found out. Every product you’ve not used is always better.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:58am On Sep 15, 2020
oseiwe

kindly assist see if this looks OK, I want to give the go ahead. any modifications?

My response in Red. Pls this is just my unsolicited opinion on the quote. It’s not bible.

pic isn't attaching.

This estimation is for 2bedroom and 4bedroom duplex to decking level
Does this include the foundation cost or just the cost of work from foundation to lintel?
If I get you right, you’re building a 2 bedroom and a 4 bedroom duplex. Am I right?

If the answer is yes to the above, the estimate is too cheap to build anything worthy.

2500pcs of blocks (200 * 2500) = #500,000
2500 blocks can never finish 2 bedroom and a 4 bedroom duplex whether you’re building from DPC level or starting from the ground up. You’ll need more block. N200 per block is a good deal!

60bags of cement (2700 * 60) = #162,000
If these will be used to take care of the following:

- Blinding
- Foundation Wall
- DPC
- Ground Floor Blockwork
- Columns/Lintels

60 bags of cement won’t be enough even if you’re using just 2500 blocks.

15tonnes of granite = #85,000
This will work for column/lintels but not inclusive of foundation

20tonnes of sharp sand = #60,000
Maybe for ground floor blockwork and lintel. You can always check/compare prices with locals.

20tonnes of soft sand = #50,000
I don’t know about this one.

Half tonne of 12mm iron = #130,000
This is for what exactly.

If it’s Lintels/Column, it’s impossible! Beside, it’s recommended that you use a 16mm Rods for Column supporting a slab (decking)

Iron for decking
This is confusing though!

8pcs of 16mm iron (4,800 * cool = #38,400
The price is right. The quantity is impossible for whatever you’re planning.

I am stopping here until I get further clarification on exactly what you’re trying to achieve.

20lenghts of 10mm iron = #44,000

Planks for pillar and linted*�
1bag of nail = *#6,000*
Workmanship = *#350,000*

For pegging
If pegging is involved, it means you’re doing foundation. Just forget about it sir! The total estimate won’t get you off ground in any part of the South West.

Nail = 3,000
*Total = #1,521,4000*[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:09am On Sep 15, 2020
Enu agba l’obi ti ngbo though.

I see Hajji mufutau55 and Egunmogaji2 are mentioned here. They might have some secrets to share.

grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:21am On Sep 15, 2020
omanzo02:

Hahahaha... If you are satisfied and feel your order is complete then the price of the bucket or transport is okay too.... the decision to buy in the first place was out of conviction the price was reasonable. grin

New! 30 tons Stonedust inside 30 tons truck to Mowe - 80k

I’m not a supplier. Pls don’t try to get in touch with me on how I get stuffs like this.

What I know is, there’s always a right price to pay for a good.

I won’t cheat you.

I won’t allow you to cheat me.

I won’t allow you to cheat yourself in a bid to sound ridiculously cheap and affordable.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:07am On Sep 15, 2020
n3xt:
Enu agba l’obi ti ngbo though.
I see Hajji mufutau55 and Egunmogaji2 are mentioned here. They might have some secrets to share.
grin grin

In this case nah the experience matters o, and you get plenty o.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrOkenwa(m): 5:37am On Sep 15, 2020
michlins:
These type of color combination no dey pass two hours e come be black. Each of these gates cost at least 3k each. Then you will start buying other stuff for finishing.

Tell your local welder the color combination that happened here.

Over here, we innovate and it has crashed the cost of production. Another thing I learnt tonight is that labor is paid by day and not by productivity. Imagine paying person 3k per day and he will do ordinary two doors a day. ..

grin grin grin
I was introduced to a welder that did my metal doors for me and, based on what I found out, your prices are very realistic, even without doing inferior job.
I paid the person 35k for 4by7 and 30k for 3by7( Each door has double plates and well coated before painting).
This person has a trader that sells his 4by7 doors for 50k in Abeokuta(I sent somebody to go there).
As per what the welder told me, The plates are sold for 3,500 each and the key is 5k. He actually asked me if I had any specifications on keys and I said no, just something good.
People around are satisfied with his job and he has since gotten the rest of welder works on my site.
1)Burglaries: I took Hajji M designs smiley, in one of his old kobo kobo projects. I paid 178k for 25 of them, various sizes.
2) Entrance/exit door burglary proof. I paid 40k for the one I'll be attaching here.
3)Entrance gate. I paid 250k for the gate. Separate small gate for pedestrian.
I'm still looking at the option to either do a concrete or steel scaffolding for my water tank. If I settle for the steel, of course he'll be the one to get it.
In conclusion, let people know what they will get for the said amount you're charging them. You have your way around words, always use it to your advantage and avoid being controversial. I contracted you and your detailed explanations and zeal to get the job almost convinced me, safe for your location and the fact that I'm not physically on ground, I have given my jobs to you. Good luck.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 5:55am On Sep 15, 2020
oseiwe:

what's the inflation? location is alagbole-akute, inside ojodu berger.

that's why I said depends on area.
I'm in osun state as at yesterday in my area cement is 2650. I think you should increase the cement to 70 or 80 bags it's advisableonly for the 2500 and more cement if the initial blocks is increased.
planks somi 1100 sawmill and fadala is 950. 2bundles of pegs is 1500 per bundle.
the price of blocks is okay but I think it can't be enough to the decking level.
soft sand for what?
15tons of granite here is 80k
20 tons of sharp sand 48k
iron for decking?
#200 for cutting..too much it's #20 & #40 is it's Gen. here but it's okay so far the quantity is not much.
and for the rest Its okay.
if it's a rushing work you can simply order all the needed woods from here once (pegs,pillar,linted, roofing woods etc) in order to cut some cost but if is not a rushing project you can exclude the roofing woods and order for the decking,lintel, pillar,pegs etc and later order for the roofing woods.
from here to the sites I'll give you somi sawmil 1250, fadala 1100.
direct to sites.
Note:am not an engineer or a builder but a roofer. it's just my opinion or my little contribution..
& also to showcase what I sell......
my oga oga full here so wait for more contributions thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:20am On Sep 15, 2020
mufutau55:

In this case nah the experience matters o, and you get plenty o.

Hajji M.

That’s the obi we’re talking about.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oseiwe(m): 6:30am On Sep 15, 2020
n3xt:

That’s the obi we’re talking about.
It's a foundation to decking level, excluding the decking itself, on a 40x100 piece of solid high ground.

I will ask for clarification on the soft sand part.

I want to know if materials listed are what are needed and OK.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:39am On Sep 15, 2020
oseiwe:

It's a foundation to decking level, excluding the decking itself, on a 40x100 piece of solid high ground.

I will ask for clarification on the soft sand part.

I want to know if materials listed are what are needed and OK.

They're needed but building from foundation to first floor slab level requires far more.

The quote excludes excavation, starter bars, sandfilling, and a lot more.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 7:00am On Sep 15, 2020
n3xt:

They're needed but building from foundation to first floor slab level requires far more.

The quote excludes excavation, starter bars, sandfilling, and a lot more.

Thank you.

I guess may be sandfilling is what he means by soft sands lols...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:19am On Sep 15, 2020
temi4fash:
Hello House,

Please are there different grades of Stone dust??

Is there anything like low quality stone dust??

I’ve seen two types, not sure of quality one has more granules in it than the other.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:21am On Sep 15, 2020
oseiwe:

pic isn't attaching.

*This estimation is for 2bedroom and 4bedroom duplex to decking level*

2500pcs of blocks (200 * 2500) = *#500,000*
60bags of cement (2700 * 60) = *#162,000*
15tonnes of granite = *#85,000*
20tonnes of sharp sand = *#60,000*
20tonnes of soft sand = *#50,000*
Half tonne of 12mm iron = *#130,000*
*Iron for decking* �
8pcs of 16mm iron (4,800 * cool = *#38,400*
20lenghts of 10mm iron = *#44,000*
*Planks for pillar and linted*�
1bag of nail = *#6,000*
Workmanship = *#350,000*
*For pegging* �
Nail = *3,000*
*Total = #1,521,4000*

I can only speak on price not volume. And the thing with price is that its location dependent. All these prices are higher than what I’m paying here, except for the cement.

Good luck on your project.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by temi4fash(m): 7:49am On Sep 15, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I’ve seen two types, not sure of quality one has more granules in it than the other.

Oh kk thanks for the insight

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:04am On Sep 15, 2020
Johntemmy:

I guess may be sandfilling is what he means by soft sands lols...

And 20 tonnes will fill foundation of a duplex and 2 bedroom flat?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:16am On Sep 15, 2020
n3xt:

And 20 tonnes will fill foundation of a duplex and 2 bedroom flat?

Maybe hes lucky to have laterite already onsite grin I found about 15 tons of granite on one land I bought like that.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oseiwe(m): 9:17am On Sep 15, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I can only speak on price not volume. And the thing with price is that its location dependent. All these prices are higher than what I’m paying here, except for the cement.

Good luck on your project.

OK. Thank you.

Oga n3xt, considering the small size area of the building due to the land 40x100, and there's small sand for sandfilling on site, I've informed him of change from 12mm to 16mm, let him proceed and deliver what he promised. I have 2 weeks with him.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 15, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:28am On Sep 15, 2020
oseiwe:

OK. Thank you.

Oga n3xt, considering the small size area of the building due to the land 40x100, and there's small sand for sandfilling on site, I've informed him of change from 12mm to 16mm, let him proceed and deliver what he promised. I have 2 weeks with him.

Great. Wishing you good success.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:37am On Sep 15, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Maybe is lucky to have laterite already onsite grin I found about 15 tons of granite on one land I bought like that.

I honestly didn’t consider that possibility.

My current build (personal) have an existing foundation that has been sandfilled and compacted. We just made few modifications, introduce starter columns in some critical areas and proceed to DPC.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Shady92(m): 9:58am On Sep 15, 2020
Bosses in the house,please is it possible for me to build a 3bedroom bungalow and a unit of 1 bedroom apartment on a 50 by 100 plot of land. I want to build 1room apartment now then later I will build the 3bedroom bungalow

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Thenext: 10:01am On Sep 15, 2020
My oga, I have an upcoming project to be commenced soon and similar to the earlier posted, though mine is 4 bedroom duplex with 3 bedroom flat.

The total land measured 650sqm while the building area is 350sqm. Please like how much i should budget for this project from - Blinding, Foundation Wall, DPC, Ground Floor Blockwork to Columns/Lintels to make it ready for decking.

NOTE: Location is lagos(mainland) and the land is dry.

Thanks in advance.
CC
rotech77
Dennis 3D

n3xt:
oseiwe

My response in Red. Pls this is just my unsolicited opinion on the quote. It’s not bible.

pic isn't attaching.

This estimation is for 2bedroom and 4bedroom duplex to decking level
Does this include the foundation cost or just the cost of work from foundation to lintel?
If I get you right, you’re building a 2 bedroom and a 4 bedroom duplex. Am I right?

If the answer is yes to the above, the estimate is too cheap to build anything worthy.

2500pcs of blocks (200 * 2500) = #500,000
2500 blocks can never finish 2 bedroom and a 4 bedroom duplex whether you’re building from DPC level or starting from the ground up. You’ll need more block. N200 per block is a good deal!

60bags of cement (2700 * 60) = #162,000
If these will be used to take care of the following:

- Blinding
- Foundation Wall
- DPC
- Ground Floor Blockwork
- Columns/Lintels

60 bags of cement won’t be enough even if you’re using just 2500 blocks.

15tonnes of granite = #85,000
This will work for column/lintels but not inclusive of foundation

20tonnes of sharp sand = #60,000
Maybe for ground floor blockwork and lintel. You can always check/compare prices with locals.

20tonnes of soft sand = #50,000
I don’t know about this one.

Half tonne of 12mm iron = #130,000
This is for what exactly.

If it’s Lintels/Column, it’s impossible! Beside, it’s recommended that you use a 16mm Rods for Column supporting a slab (decking)

Iron for decking
This is confusing though!

8pcs of 16mm iron (4,800 * cool = #38,400
The price is right. The quantity is impossible for whatever you’re planning.

I am stopping here until I get further clarification on exactly what you’re trying to achieve.

20lenghts of 10mm iron = #44,000

Planks for pillar and linted*�
1bag of nail = *#6,000*
Workmanship = *#350,000*

For pegging
If pegging is involved, it means you’re doing foundation. Just forget about it sir! The total estimate won’t get you off ground in any part of the South West.

Nail = 3,000
*Total = #1,521,4000*

(1) (2) (3) ... (1610) (1611) (1612) (1613) (1614) (1615) (1616) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Blessedsunny2(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.