Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,341 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1657) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4390492 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1654) (1655) (1656) (1657) (1658) (1659) (1660) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 7:41pm On Sep 28, 2020
omanzo02:

It's Dutch spoken in The Netherlands and Flanders in Belgium. The German language is called Deutsch

Thank you Sir. I do visit Germany once in a while.
Never been to Netherland. Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 7:43pm On Sep 28, 2020
Adedward:
ok boss noted sir, thanks

Thank you Sir.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 7:44pm On Sep 28, 2020
valencia2012:

Töll. Du weißt schön Bescheid. �
Autocorrect can ruin things if you don't double check especially if you have to juggle between languages on one keyboard.....Fehler zu machen ist menschlich
grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 7:46pm On Sep 28, 2020
ollykay619:
Good day everyone,
Please I am looking to buy land in ibadan, I don't know ibadan very much, but my aim is to get land in a secure and sane area where. My priority is peace of mind. I don't like where touts can easily go and come and they wish.

Please i need suggestions/advice from the elders in the house.

I am just a young man trying to make a life decision. Make una help me my daddy's on the thread.

Hajji Mufutau55
Egunmogaji2
N3xt and all other elders in the house.
E sanu omo yin o
I dobale o

Sorry Oga mi Sir. I know nothing about Ibadan. And actually I hate dealing in land transactions. I dont trust anyone when it comes to that.
EgunMogaji has been made High Chief in Ibadan and I know he can help on land matters there.
Thank you.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 7:53pm On Sep 28, 2020
AngelicBeing:
Hian, Shekau ke, He must be killed for all the atrocities he has committed against the country @topic, I like the North, born in Kaduna state, started my schooling at NMS Zaria, before I left the country decades ago for further studies , then the North was actually the best place to live in Nigeria and cost of living very cheap but now, the place has become another Somalia within Nigeria, will l live in the Northern Nigeria again >>>> No, except Abuja and before I do that l must have a small koboko hut like Hajj Mufuttau inside the main Abuja wink

Oga mi, about the North.. I was in Zaria for 5 years working for Cadbury Nigeria Ltd. Attended few terms at ABU. When I was transfered to Lagos, I was very sad becos I love Zaria so much. I have not been to North or Zaria in 50 years now, so not sure how the situation is now. But North use to be a good place to live.

Hajji M.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 7:54pm On Sep 28, 2020
mufutau55:

Thank you Sir. I do visit Germany once in a while.
Never been to Netherland. Thanks.

Hajji M.
Netherlands is a nice place to visit and there are nice things to see there, but just try to know the difference between a bar and coffee shop wink

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 7:58pm On Sep 28, 2020
omanzo02:

Netherlands is a nice place to visit and there are nice things to see there, but just try to know the difference between a bar and coffee shop wink

After the COVID, I will surely resume my travellings.
I am a world traveller, and I love it.
I guess Bar is to drink beers and alcoholics, while Coffee Shop will be like our Starbucks here in USA, just for drinking coffee. Am I right? Unfortunately, I only drink non-alcoholic Henessey and no coffee but tea.Thank you Sir.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 8:07pm On Sep 28, 2020
mufutau55:

After the COVID, I will surely resume my travellings.
I am a world traveller, and I love it.
I guess Bar is to drink beers and alcoholics, while Coffee[b] Shop will be like our Starbucks here in USA, just for drinking coffee.[/b] Am I right? Unfortunately, I only drink non-alcoholic Henessey and no coffee but tea.Thank you Sir.

Hajji M.

Coffee shop is like a normal place for drinking both alcohol and non alcoholic drinks but also a place to sell legal marijuana too grin.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 8:16pm On Sep 28, 2020
omanzo02:

Coffee shop is like a normal place for drinking both alcohol and non alcoholic drinks but also a place to sell legal marijuana too grin.

Thank you.. now I got it. I have heard about those "legal marijuana" shops o. Never tried that... so out of my area.
Thank you for the lecture sha... now I know where to hangout.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 8:18pm On Sep 28, 2020
Good evening boss.

You will need to provide more information as regards the project in order to get a realistic approximate estimate.

It will be helpful if you provide the following information;
1) Location of the project
2) Architectural drawings
3) Structural drawings (if any)

Zagee:
Good day house, please I would love to know the estimated cost for a one storey high with a two bedroom apartment on each level. Foundation - casting - roofing. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 8:20pm On Sep 28, 2020
mufutau55:

Thank you.. mow I got it. I have heard about those "legal marijuana" shops o. Never tried that... so out of my area.
Thank you for the lecture sha... now I know where to hangout.

Hajji M.
The coffee shops are decent places and abide by the laws and requirements, nobody will bother you if you are not into it, there are numerous bars and places to hangout beside coffee shops.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 8:24pm On Sep 28, 2020
omanzo02:

The coffee shops are decent places and abide by the laws and requirements, nobody will bother you if you are not into it, there are numerous bars and places to hangout beside coffee shops.

Thank you Sir. We dey learn everyday ni o.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 8:37pm On Sep 28, 2020
My motive of showing all these is just to remind us all that we have so many beautiful places in Nigeria here where you can live and establish business without much fear once you do your feasibility studies of the area(mainly for visitor or diaspora people who only visited there home town once in a decade.
As you can see Nigeria is not a shit hole.

Here we go again

Anambra state: Igbo kwenu” I hail oo

List of few cities/ towns in Anambra
Awka ; capital
Nnewi
Onitsha
Omor
Agulu
Ihiala
Etc

Anambra; light of the nation “ formal known as “ home for all”

Total Area; 4,844km2

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oduncojamaica(m): 8:42pm On Sep 28, 2020
I have a plot of land for sell at Aiyegun (Academy-Olomi -Olunde--Ayegun

ollykay619:
Good day everyone,

Please I am looking to buy land in ibadan, I don't know ibadan very much, but my aim is to get land in a secure and sane area where. My priority is peace of mind. I don't like where touts can easily go and come and they wish.

Please i need suggestions/advice from the elders in the house.

I am just a young man trying to make a life decision. Make una help me my daddy's on the thread.

Hajji Mufutau55
Egunmogaji2
N3xt and all other elders in the house.
E sanu omo yin o
I dobale o
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 8:59pm On Sep 28, 2020
rotecch77:
My motive of showing all these is just to remind us all that we have so many beautiful places in Nigeria here where you can live and establish business without much fear once you do your feasibility studies of the area(mainly for visitor or diaspora people who only visited there home town once in a decade.
As you can see Nigeria is not a shit hole.

Here we go again

Anambra state: Igbo kwenu” I hail oo

List of few cities/ towns in Anambra
Awka ; capital
Nnewi
Onitsha
Omor
Agulu
Ihiala
Etc

Anambra; light of the nation “ formal known as “ home for all”

Total Area; 4,844km2

The issue is not about beauty or how clean the place is but security. Tourist want come over to see and enjoy how we live, do things, transportation (good or bad it doesn't matter), environment, weather, culture etc.....There is no guarantee that an American or European or potential tourist will visit a remote area without been seen as a potential target for ransom, 419 or been robbed of his valuable.
I have visited places less better or equal to Naija without fear of been harmed or seen as a target because they have a trusted security system that fight and punish crime accordingly.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rajput4real93: 9:11pm On Sep 28, 2020
Good evening nairalanders. Please which is better between internal doors made of hdf and those made of hardwood. The pros and cons of both. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 9:16pm On Sep 28, 2020
[quote author=Pascal2016 post=94408784]
That's exactly what my Engr said, that it's cheaper to do structural foundation with pad instead of doing strip foundation with chained DPC. He told me that he will use 12mm rod to chain it all round including the areas that will carry partition wall and DPC will be done on top of the reinforced beams. He further told me that loads will be transferred via the foundation beams to the pad and the house will be strong.
I am only worried because it's a 2 storey building and I have not seen that before.
I will appreciate more lights on this from the gurus on this platform. Thank you all for your contributions so far.[/quote

Your foundation type depends on the nature of the subsoil. If the soil is firm, a pad footing should be sufficient to support your 2 storey building. The pad footing must be designed and constructed such that the depth and the size of the base can comfortably spread the structural load to the foundation.

Let a structural engineer design the building for you, this will eliminate your fears and worries.

Safety and Stability first.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bebe2(f): 9:33pm On Sep 28, 2020
Prudency045:
I hope it is not Pennek "THE ESTATE" located in Ogombo village?

IT IS.!!

should i be scared?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 10:17pm On Sep 28, 2020
rajput4real93:
Good evening nairalanders. Please which is better between internal doors made of hdf and those made of hardwood. The pros and cons of both. Thanks
I would want to tell you iron doors are the best but you won't believe me so I will allow you make a decision on what's trending. By three to five years, you will want to replace those doors again.

It's your money not mine
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KIDfurniture(m): 10:47pm On Sep 28, 2020
Drilling oh .. for borehole. I need someone legit

omololu251:
Drilling rig?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KIDfurniture(m): 10:47pm On Sep 28, 2020
Mr Bosun na drilling oh. Big rig tried but the overburden was up to 34m ...

n3xt:

Drilling rig? Or camera rig?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by smallsmall: 1:01am On Sep 29, 2020
Tade722:
THE BENEFITS OF USING POLYSTYRENE (EPS) DECKING BLOCKS

EXPANDED POLYSTYRENE(EPS) serves as a permanent shutter to hold the concrete in place, these EPS blocks are used widely in construction.
They have no structural value, but is necessary for purchase and is used as thermal insulation and a void filler when pouring concrete slabs.
Light weight and easy to install with great thermal properties these Decking Blocks are a necessity for the building process. EPS blocks are a cost effective method of permanent shuttering and recyclable having no negative impact on the environment. Below are seven more benefits of applying Polystyrene (EPS) Decking Blocks.

1. Better acoustic and thermal properties, thereby reducing energy consumption which in turn saves money.

2. EPS is cost effective relative to concrete and cement blocks.

3. Easier and quicker to handle and install requiring less propping. This also results in a reduction of the amount of concrete used.

4. EPS blocks remain as permanent shuttering.

5. EPS is environmentally friendly and 100% recyclable. We also only use fire retardant material that complies with building regulations.

6. Due to the light weight structure of the EPS blocks, less concrete beams would be used as would be the case in a normal insitu building.

7. EPS blocks are resistant to vibration, aging and rot and are Chlorofluorocarbons and hydrochlorofluorocarbons free.
As such there are no Ozone depleting elements in EPS.
~ TIG.

For more details and PurchaseContact
Charis Pair Developments
Call/WhatsApp: 07054422000[img][/img]

It would be nice if you can share a Video of the START-FINISH of a Decking, using this method so that one can compare it with normal Cement/granite decking.
I think a lot of people will like to try it but are still skeptical of the process and cost implications, due to lack of adequate knowledge of it.
A Video will answer all questions without any iota of doubt.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by smallsmall: 1:25am On Sep 29, 2020
Footstradamus:

Have you visited the north before? Reading your views on the north here one might think there is a war ongoing and bodies litter the streets.

Kaduna, Kano etc are one of the most peaceful and pocket friendly places to live in. I left the North in 2018 to take up a better offer in the south south and frankly i feel more in danger here than i ever did when i was working in Kaduna. Nassarawa is super peaceful grin grin grin

Even Maiduguri metropolis is quite calm. I visited in late 2017 and still have friends and family living there.

Last last death comes to us all so don't really get the trepidation

Dont mind him jawe, there is "Peace ongoing" in the North, grin with a Governor and his armed Convoy lying on the ground and for over thirty minutes and no less than thrity (30) Security agents dead (including Soldiers, Policemen and members of the Civilian JTF) in just one of those "peaceful altercations"!

If still in doubt, watch the Graphic Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ejLUdRG-aU
And you say there is no War in the North? shocked Issorite. undecided

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ejLUdRG-aU

A General of the Nigerian Army and some soldeirs were also killed in that axis, as many in the past few months, just last week and some locations there are "No Man's Country" as the Nigerian Govt and its forces have zero presence in those places and still we think all these confirmed reports by the military and journalists on ground are to be ignored?

Anyway, me l nor get Odeeshi so l will jejely live where the danger is "relatively manageable" as l dont even have an Armed Convoy like the Governor who is so far, on a fourth attack on his Convoy. undecided shocked

Only One Precious life and l dont gamble with it. Heaven helps only those who help themselves
. grin grin

Edited: I have added the word "Graphic".

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by smallsmall: 1:29am On Sep 29, 2020
Footstradamus:

The bolded, i rest my case

The stereotyping of the north as some blood soaked, war ravaged part of the country is wrong. People live peaceful lives and go about their normal lives there, i would have expected better from someone born there but guess i was wrong

You are certainly LIVING IN DENIAL.
But l understand, you need to hype where you come from, against all available EVIDENCE and LOGIC.

That is very patriotic, in some weird way undecided

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:08am On Sep 29, 2020
KIDfurniture:
Mr Bosun na drilling oh. Big rig tried but the overburden was up to 34m ...

I don’t like talking about boreholes. The challenges outweigh its benefits.

#personalopinion
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:11am On Sep 29, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:22am On Sep 29, 2020
rajput4real93:

Hardwood is the best for the following:

- design styles, grains and colour
- ability to resist temperature fluctuations
- scratches are easily covered and better handled on hardwood doors.
- can be repainted

HDF is just a cheaper lookalike version of natural hardwood.

#personalopinion
-

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by true2home(m): 2:27am On Sep 29, 2020
I agree with you Sir...The dynamism of Real Estate is very interesting to say the least in Nigeria!!!. No scarcity but yet we hype everything. I love your style; i refuse to pay more than N1M for any land as well. I am also willing to start in a Suburb as well. We are starter, not follower!!!

EgunMogaji2:

I hear you loud and clear. Lots of reaching around goes on in Nigeria over real estate sales. Hyper overhyping cool

In the USA we have MLS where all the active real estate listings and sales are listed on. With this a good Realtor will be able to calculate going prices for property in an area in any corner of the USA. Things like closeness to fire station, school district rating, public transport, shopping, etc go in to factor the going $ per square foot. In Nigeria I haven't found this. No one knows. I'm selling a property in Ijebu Ode as an example and all I have to go by i just intuition.

So me I don't participate in that tomfoolery I just go out to the suburbs and buy land in wholesale. I've never bought any land over N500K in Nigeria and I use that as a baseline. Some plots I bought in Elebu, Ibadan for N500K are now selling for N6.5M. These are facts that I know first hand.

As always. What I post is not a bible, just my opinion and doesn't mean its the only way.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:28am On Sep 29, 2020
Aforxzy:
Let a structural engineer design the building for you, this will eliminate your fears and worries.

Hmm. I’m still at loss on why Nigerians always choose cost over quality.

Value = Quality over Cost

Quality can be defined as “ freedom from deficiencies – freedom from errors that require doing work over again (rework).

_____
#personalopinion I’m not responding to any post.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:32am On Sep 29, 2020
Some people will just pick a random image on the Internet and assume the quality is 100%

A typical example is this tank tower designed without gusset plate.

It’s tall, grande but not professionally designed.

_____
I just pick the image on the Internet o. Abeg, I’m not condemning any work.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by smallsmall: 2:33am On Sep 29, 2020
n3xt:
smallsmall can you remove the graphic image in your previous post?

Thanks for your understanding.

We are discussing "Safety and Security" and the other guy was trying to paint a rosy, non-existent picture, what sort of pictures would l present (as long as it is not faked) to butress the point that the North of TODAY, is worse than Somalia and Yemen combined.?

Moreover, this same Video is the basis of 'a thread on nairaland' and no one has asked that it should be removed.
The same pitures are in various National newspapers and they have not been censored.

Can you please tell me exactly WHY you want it removed? Is it just because it is graphic?
I want to reason along with your position and will consider removing it, based on a convincing, logical expalnation.

Thanks, for taking a second look at my position as well.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1654) (1655) (1656) (1657) (1658) (1659) (1660) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.