Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,404 members, 7,815,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1693) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4385730 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1690) (1691) (1692) (1693) (1694) (1695) (1696) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 6:51pm On Oct 14, 2020
davodyguy:
Castle

Hi,
I am interested in reading your post on the cost estimate of the 4 bedroom. However it is not readable. The numbers are not feasible
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bereiweris(m): 7:06pm On Oct 14, 2020
erico2k2:

i thought as much

Tnx boss for ur time
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 7:17pm On Oct 14, 2020
Dijita:

Hi,
I am interested in reading your post on the cost estimate of the 4 bedroom. However it is not readable. The numbers are not feasible

https://online.fliphtml5.com/xiwwk/retn/#p=41
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Thenext: 7:37pm On Oct 14, 2020
Thanks baba, I appreciate.

n3xt:

shocked Baba spend this thing na!

You can get 10KVA Japanese Engine for 850k (Soundproof)

‭You can reach Ikenna for that on 0706 210 3238‬

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 11:35pm On Oct 14, 2020
Dijita:

Hi,

I hope this version helps

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:14am On Oct 15, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I don’t know what you’re talking about grin

I love this guy.... still laughing here.smiley

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:15am On Oct 15, 2020
erico2k2:

ahah Bro only the ignorant Diasporant will abuse people back in 9ja. If U remember back b4 this thread when we were still on the old property thread myself and Egunmogaji where talking about machine in our designs how we gonna do this and that in our proposed builds. when time reach and we were in the ground story change. we now appreciate local knowledge more.

I like your truthfulness....

Hajji M.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:35am On Oct 15, 2020
n3xt:

I always patronize JMG Generators (FG Wilson Perkins UK Brands).
Not sure they have 7.5 - 10KVA but sure of 12.5KVA. That’s around #3.2m
www.jmglimited.com

One of the best. Highly recommended.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:39am On Oct 15, 2020
n3xt:

shocked Baba spend this thing na!

You can get 10KVA Japanese Engine for 850k (Soundproof)

‭You can reach Ikenna for that on 0706 210 3238‬

Brand new? Guy not reachable on Whatsapp either.
Guess I will stick to my usual JMG.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 4:35am On Oct 15, 2020
Someone asked me, painting before tiles or tiles before painting..

I don't remember the exact order I used.

I told him, it doesn't matter grin I hope I didn't lead him astray?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Person2person(m): 6:10am On Oct 15, 2020
Badgers14:

Tiles before painting

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:15am On Oct 15, 2020

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 6:26am On Oct 15, 2020
Badgers14:

You didn’t lead him to astray
but you lead him to put on SARS uniform in the present of million of End SARS protesters....lolz
I Know you are joking bro...

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:06am On Oct 15, 2020
Sinking duplex somewhere in isheri...:
For this house everything has been completed
Tiling
Electrical
Pop etc

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 8:33am On Oct 15, 2020
I think you mean 4 bedroom detached duplex and not just 4 bedroom bungalow.

diordaves:

I hope this version helps
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yinkaoke(f): 9:08am On Oct 15, 2020
Hello great people
I want to commence my POP work for sitting room n dinning along side Abestors for rooms n other areas.

What are d best materials n kinds for POP materials to insist on getting to have a quai job?
What kind of pop cement n grade is best with other materials with prices.
Please l need ur help oooh trying to manage my little fund.

Thanks all
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jaytime(m): 9:12am On Oct 15, 2020
Badgers14:

It matters! it's tiling before painting. Painting should be the very last thing you do in a building after which you clean and move in.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 9:32am On Oct 15, 2020
QSFemi:
I think you mean 4 bedroom detached duplex and not just 4 bedroom bungalow.

You are right. It's a duplex in Nigeria parlance but HOUSE in UK terminology. It's not my work though. Just to clarify.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by vickzie(m): 9:41am On Oct 15, 2020
twinskenny:
Sinking duplex somewhere in isheri...: For this house everything has been completed Tiling Electrical Pop etc
in few years time, it would become a bungalow
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 9:47am On Oct 15, 2020
twinskenny:
Tiling
Electrical
Pop etc

Wahala dey o! Please show us more photos of the actual sinking if you can. Good to know and be cautious about engaging the right professional and tradespeople.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omololu251(m): 9:50am On Oct 15, 2020
Poor foundation work.
Some of the so called Engineer will deceive the client that they can do it well without pile foundation even if the soil report recommend deep foundation.
All they are concerned about is money and they want to handle a project by fire by force.

twinskenny:
Tiling
Electrical
Pop etc

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by desiji: 9:59am On Oct 15, 2020
mufutau55:

Brand new? Guy not reachable on Whatsapp either.
Guess I will stick to my usual JMG.

Hajji M.
Why waste 3.2million on a Generator while the person can do Renewable energey to cover his needs?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 10:25am On Oct 15, 2020
omololu251:
Poor foundation work.
Some of the so called Engineer will deceive the client that they can do it well without pile foundation even if the soil report recommend deep foundation.
All they are concerned about is money and they want to handle a project by fire by force.

How are you sure that the client actually got the services of an engineer......
Even on this platform we have people who collect quotations from their contractor masons and tell us to check if the quote is on the high side. grin

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 10:27am On Oct 15, 2020
twinskenny:
Tiling
Electrical
Pop etc

Please post pix of the change in ground level....
Also were you able to ask the cause of the sinking....
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omololu251(m): 10:34am On Oct 15, 2020
You're on point Sir.

bixton:

Even on this platform we have people who collect quotations from their contractor masons and tell us to check if the quote is on the high side. grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 10:35am On Oct 15, 2020
Good morning
we are available for your roofing.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 11:18am On Oct 15, 2020
mayorlag:
Hello,

I have a building that has gotten to roofing stage. I have tried contacting some of the core members that I have seen here but no response. Is Money121 still into roofing?

Please can anyone recommend a trustworthy supplier?

Thanks for your patronage and Review about our services

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boay(m): 11:57am On Oct 15, 2020
sam1919:
Don’t have the full money yet, I am just confirming price from the DPC to roofing level. No roofing yet.

Ok. That's majorly the block work without finishes.

I have 825k here for block work estimate for 3 bedroom flat(with laundry, visitor toilet, and store)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:58am On Oct 15, 2020
desiji:

Why waste 3.2million on a Generator while the person can do Renewable energey to cover his needs?

True. But when one is not totally on ground, the maintenance becomes problem on renewable energy...
Abi?

Hajji M.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 12:07pm On Oct 15, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

We give thanks my oga.

I’m reducing my elaborate window sizes. When I was in Los Angeles 6 X 5 windows were the thing, now that I’m in Nigeria and looking at N1.5M estimates for windows, Son Of Man had to caution himself and reduce grin

But we move, no time.

Oga himself. I know say you no go disappoint. Fine crib. Looking at this alone, I am impressed with the design of this interior with the slanting ceiling

I love it when living rooms have shapes unlike the usual square or rectangular shapes we see here in Nigeria.

You should have left that window opening you made and just fix a non openable window. That way, it is cheaper and you have natural light enter the place.

I love windows. Where it becomes expensive, I just put permanent one. That way, you save cost of mosquito net and other window accessories. grin

I love this your design. Is it a bungalow or a duplex if you don't mind?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:19pm On Oct 15, 2020
bixton:

Well, I stand to be corrected but that is one of the tenets of the foundation of this thread. To ask professionals for opinions and assistance.

I personally thank all the professionals that have shared opinions and guided people like me.

Even though I couldn’t afford Spyder880 and he wasn’t working in my area at that time, my local builder got sick and tired of me always checking his work to Spyders.

Please stop demeaning homeowners that come here looking for opinions. They have a right to, just professionals have a right not to answer.

Thanks.

PS: Here’s the thread starter:

“ Off-Topic Thread - To Discuss Anything and Everything that doesn't fit into an individual thread.
Let's discuss everything pertaining to Building Constructions, Real estate and some more.

Note: Please no products or services advertisements... there are plenty of other threads for that already. No buying and selling on this thread. ”

Advertisement is expressively forbidden but yet we’re daily inundated with anything from perfumes to whatnots on here.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1690) (1691) (1692) (1693) (1694) (1695) (1696) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: KEVIND, kelvin1191(m), nwigwemark, PrimeQuay, WeRise(m), dareh85 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.