Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,207 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1730) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4397315 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1727) (1728) (1729) (1730) (1731) (1732) (1733) ... (3668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 10:22am On Nov 06, 2020
Beframia:
Good evening to everyone on this forum,
In the making of parapet, is it advisable that holes be bored in the headcourse blocks to stand the woods during woodwork before pouring of concrete as in the attached pic?

Some people do it to save cost, and if the parapet is not the overly heavy type, it will work. Other methods of doing the supports in heavy in situ cast is this. I do this one if we have plans to plaster the house as soon as possible, so I make the bamboo scaffolding and use it for the parapet, the same scaffolding will be used for the plastering and dressing of the building.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Beframia: 10:47am On Nov 06, 2020
Thanks oga Spyder for the clarification, pic below is exactly the type of parapet I want, hope it's not going be too heavy?

spyder880:

Some people do it to save cost, and if the parapet is not the overly heavy type, it will work. Other methods of doing the supports in heavy in situ cast is this. I do this one if we have plans to plaster the house as soon as possible, so I make the bamboo scaffolding and use it for the parapet, the same scaffolding will be used for the plastering and dressing of the building.

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:55am On Nov 06, 2020
Freciprocal:

Make your plans as if you were married. You would soon get married and have kids, so u don't start making amendments to your designs smiley

2 x 1000 liters would be sufficient for that purpose.

I like this, it shows foresight.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by besun(f): 11:01am On Nov 06, 2020
Shop for rent opposite shangotedo community market, behind the Eti-Osa local government council.

Call or WhatsApp 08064082637 and grab it.

Subsequent Rent is 96K

Total package: subject to negotiations.

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 11:42am On Nov 06, 2020
Beframia:

Thanks oga Spyder for the clarification, pic below is exactly the type of parapet I want, hope it's not going be too heavy?

This is not a heavy type, the carpentry work he did is adequate.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by true2home(m): 1:36pm On Nov 06, 2020
Hello,

Are you willing to use the Land Documents for backing the loan? Thanks

Uyi213:
I have a half plot at Akobo Ibadan. Can someone suggest a loan company that will borrow me money to finish it. It’s a 3 bedroom and it’s at foundation level. Help please even if the lender takes charge for some years I don’t mind
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Uyi213: 1:49pm On Nov 06, 2020
true2home:
Hello,

Are you willing to use the Land Documents for backing the loan? Thanks

Lol no but I am willing to use my car. If I give you documents you own the land
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by true2home(m): 1:57pm On Nov 06, 2020
That's how it works... I own the land until you buy it back when you honor your contract. That's kind of the way mortgage works all around the world.
Also, a car is a liability that decreases with time, while property increases with time. Just for your info
Uyi213:

Lol no but I am willing to use my car. If I give you documents you own the land

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 2:21pm On Nov 06, 2020
SurveyorGeo:

Convert the coordinates to WGS 84, then you can use it on Google map. or send me message on WhatsApp, I will help you convert it and show you how to do it. 08069018449

@SurveyorGeo, enlighten us on this sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 2:47pm On Nov 06, 2020
Gud afternoon here, contact us for ur windows and stainless hands railings check adedward profile for more information about our works,
Casement windows embedded with burglaries
Stainless hands railings , casement without burglaries and nets
In different design,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:01pm On Nov 06, 2020
SurveyorGeo:

Convert the coordinates to WGS 84, then you can use it on Google map. or send me message on WhatsApp, I will help you convert it and show you how to do it. 08069018449

I wasn’t aware that this was possible.

I’ve gotten a new tool cheesy

https://www.earthpoint.us/Convert.aspx

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 4:04pm On Nov 06, 2020
SurveyorGeo:
For me, this forum is a school, every page is full of lessons, everyone is a lecturer and I want to appreciate every member for your contributions because I have learnt a lot and am still learning. Thank you so much

ORO.....OPOLO

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:06pm On Nov 06, 2020
To my fellow homeowner, as an example how much should I expect to pay these days for example a 4X4 casement thick imported window?

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jaytime(m): 4:11pm On Nov 06, 2020
Sales and installation

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 4:58pm On Nov 06, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
To my fellow homeowner, as an example how much should I expect to pay these days for example a 4X4 casement thick imported window?

Thanks.

maybe in the range of 25k

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:03pm On Nov 06, 2020
saydfact:

maybe in the range of 25k

Thank you sir. I’m being quoted double that here angry
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gandkiss: 5:16pm On Nov 06, 2020
jaytime:
Sales and installation

Is this pop or asbestos?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Centrallock: 5:41pm On Nov 06, 2020
Freciprocal:

Make your plans as if you were married. You would soon get married and have kids, so u don't start making amendments to your designs smiley

2 x 1000 liters would be sufficient for that purpose.
okay tnx bro

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Centrallock: 5:41pm On Nov 06, 2020
michlins:
anything between 750 and 1000 is perfect for it
tnx bro
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 5:44pm On Nov 06, 2020
true2home:
That's how it works... I own the land until you buy it back when you honor your contract. That's kind of the way mortgage works all around the world.
Also, a car is a liability that decreases with time, while property increases with time. Just for your info

lipsrsealed
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 5:49pm On Nov 06, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Thanks.
ist embedded with burglaries sir,?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:44pm On Nov 06, 2020
Adedward:
ist embedded with burglaries sir,?

I don’t want to bother you Sir in case I don’t buy from you.

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jaytime(m): 6:47pm On Nov 06, 2020
gandkiss:

Is this pop or asbestos?
This particular one is made with POP. There are other ones with different materials and designs. DM for more.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 6:51pm On Nov 06, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I don’t want to bother you Sir in case I don’t buy from you.

Thanks.
no sir , u free to ask any questions consigns my professional , it doesn't mean I must work with u, life is only about dat sir,
Beside we re in school of learning sir, thanks

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:57pm On Nov 06, 2020
Adedward:
no sir , u free to ask any questions consigns my professional , it doesn't mean I must work with u, life is only about dat sir,
Beside we re in school of learning sir, thanks

Thanks I appreciate you.

No burglary but with net.

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 7:03pm On Nov 06, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Thanks I appreciate you.

No burglary but with net.

Thanks.
around #30k now sir, with thick materials

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Uyi213: 7:07pm On Nov 06, 2020
true2home:
Drop your WhatsApp
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:34pm On Nov 06, 2020
Adedward:
around #30k now sir, with thick materials

Thank you Sir.

Are you on WhatsApp?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 7:47pm On Nov 06, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Thank you Sir.

Are you on WhatsApp?
yes sir, with this number 08135810794 thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 8:37pm On Nov 06, 2020
SurveyorGeo:

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 8:40pm On Nov 06, 2020
When a tiler says, 25 x60 tile..

I assume they meant length 25 x width 60.. is this correct?

Also what unit are the measurements , are they in mm or m. Like 25mm x 60mm or ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by superbouck(m): 9:26pm On Nov 06, 2020
Good evening, pls how many packs of tiles will I need for 16sqm floor

(1) (2) (3) ... (1727) (1728) (1729) (1730) (1731) (1732) (1733) ... (3668) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Rayd502(m), Juxtix88, Lakuje4power(m), jameslojohn(m), BabaChicago(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.