Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,727 members, 7,831,308 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1807) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4433533 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1804) (1805) (1806) (1807) (1808) (1809) (1810) ... (3675) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 10:18am On Dec 02, 2020
n3xt:

If permitted the welder will weld Ground Beam and Slab reinforcement.

Where do you use such item? Brabus
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 10:23am On Dec 02, 2020
Chekitaut:
Decking slab, flooring slab, concrete roads etc.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:31am On Dec 02, 2020
megacontrol:
That's fine.

I'll be glad if you could just share the person's contact now as I'm already at the point of decision making on which route to use.

Thanks a mil.

0802 226 3632. Chuks

Tell him from Rotech
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:40am On Dec 02, 2020
rotecch77:

0802 226 3632. Chuks

Tell him from Rotech

My guy in Ikota
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 11:01am On Dec 02, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Please accept my condolences.

If not for the “ember months things” I would have went as I haven’t checked off Ipoti Ekiti.

Thanks sir I really appreciate..you can simply support me with prayer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by neduboo(m): 11:06am On Dec 02, 2020
saydfact:

Hi, I want to believe the building is (to be) on a WATER-LOGGED land? hence the use of so much Iron?
Even at that, 2 tonnes of 12mm in particular is not possible.

Chekitaut: thanks for the tag...

Yes. It's a waterlogged area. The piliing is to prevent the house from sinking because it's a swamp. How many rods do u think I will be needing?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 11:07am On Dec 02, 2020
[quote author=megacontrol post=96647530]Do you sell wood only or you also do rental?
If rentals options is available, which type (planks or marine boards) of woods and sizes do you do.

Pls check my previous post of a floor plan and advise accordingly.

I will be in Ekiti that same weekend of your event.

Thanks

I only sell and supply woods thank you...

wow so you will be in ekiti around that time

please be my guest.thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by neduboo(m): 11:07am On Dec 02, 2020
segzy14:

Firstly, the number of iron rods is much.
Secondly, it is not the duty of a welder to place the iron rods, it is a iron bender that is responsible for such.

How many will be needed. The foundation needs piling because it is a swamp area. So that the building doesn't sink in later years
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by neduboo(m): 11:07am On Dec 02, 2020
Chekitaut:
Saydfact, Brabus, Abbatoir, Aventure, segzy14, many more.

Thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by neduboo(m): 11:08am On Dec 02, 2020
segzy14:

You can post here or send me your structural design and soil test, to get the number of iron rods that you need.

WhatsApp:+2347035596641

I don't have structural design . Just architectural plan. The area is a swamp
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by neduboo(m): 11:08am On Dec 02, 2020
coldcandy:

Please always give complete info on your project when requesting for help.
Pile foundation is a different ball game.
Have you done d soil test?
Do you have structural design?

Sorry boss. I don't have structural design
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by neduboo(m): 11:09am On Dec 02, 2020
n3xt:

Piling? I think you’re doing it wrong.

You need an experienced engineer to guide you. But by the way, who recommends pilling for a bungalow? Where’s your location?

Piling is to prevent it from sinking because it's a swamp area
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 11:15am On Dec 02, 2020
Bros,

Pls pause, infact STOP! and re-access cos you're getting it all muddled up.

You don't have structural plan yet you've been told you need a pile and pile is to prevent sinking.

Pls do a soil test, followed by a structural plan, before proceeding.

If indeed you need a pile (which your soil test will reveal), then this is no more a standard bungalow that usually doesn't require a structural plan and doesn't qualify anymore as kobokobo.

While all your points may turn out to be correct, it should be guided by technical facts and not "them-say".

Cheers

neduboo:

Piling is to prevent it from sinking because it's a swamp area

neduboo:

I don't have structural design . Just architectural plan. The area is a swamp

neduboo:

How many will be needed. The foundation needs piling because it is a swamp area. So that the building doesn't sink in later years

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:26am On Dec 02, 2020
megacontrol:
Bros,

You don't have structural plan yet you've been told you need a pile and pile is to prevent sinking.

If indeed you need a pile (which your soil test will reveal), then this is no more a standard bungalow that usually doesn't require a structural plan and doesn't qualify anymore as kobokobo.

While all your points may turn out to be correct, it should be guided by technical facts and not "them-say".

Cheers

RT

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 12:00pm On Dec 02, 2020
neduboo:

Yes. It's a waterlogged area. The piliing is to prevent the house from sinking because it's a swamp. How many rods do u think I will be needing?

2 tonnes 16mm (beam & columns)
1 tonne 12mm (matt)
1 tonne 8mm or 10mm (rings)

OR

2 tonnes 16mm (beam & columns)
2 tonne 10mm (i.e. replacing the 12mm for matt with 10mm)

Off-course you could have some pieces left, but just pieces...

seek professional advice for the actual work
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 12:34pm On Dec 02, 2020
Thanks man.

That's BAMENDA (coy name) and they do steel shutters only and not wood. I actually just found out that I had their contact from last year.
The rental rates didn't make biz sense back then so we ended up purchasing marine boards for that multi-floor project and it served us well.

Cheers!

rotecch77:

0802 226 3632. Chuks

Tell him from Rotech
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 1:21pm On Dec 02, 2020
neduboo:

You need to carryout a soil test.The result from the soil test will determine the appropriate foundation type and even the depth to firm soil. It is very wrong to engage a welder in this type of construction. Get a structural engineer involved.

The rebars you need will be calculated from the structural drawings. A swamp needs professionals. Pls do the needful.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 1:35pm On Dec 02, 2020
So what are your current prices for wood for foundation?

1 x 12
2 x 3
Plywood
4" nails
3" nails

[quote author=Johntemmy post=96651116][/quote]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Walexnice: 2:03pm On Dec 02, 2020
Thank you sir ... I will contact him .
EgunMogaji2:

His name is Wale. 0708 932 0962 and 0708 932 0962.

Lagos delivery should be possible. The beauty of this is that he can apply lessons learnt on this one.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PositiveGlow: 2:31pm On Dec 02, 2020
Chekitaut:
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PositiveGlow: 2:36pm On Dec 02, 2020
Chekitaut:
No welder takes welding machine to site only for welding job... Not for steel formation.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by neduboo(m): 3:02pm On Dec 02, 2020
megacontrol:
Bros,

Cheers

Sir, can you please explain to me in a simple term so that I can understand you clearly. I was told that piling will prevent the building from sinking due to the nature of the soil there. Or is it that bungalow doesn't require piling?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sconp: 3:18pm On Dec 02, 2020
neduboo:

Sir, can you please explain to me in a simple term so that I can understand you clearly. I was told that piling will prevent the building from sinking due to the nature of the soil there. Or is it that bungalow doesn't require piling?

Hi,

Let me try to breakdown what has been said.

You have an architectural plan for a bungalow and you are making plans to build. However, your land is a water-logged area I.e A swamp.

As such you shouldn't take structural advice for this kind of project from just anybody, so that you don't end up with regret.

The right thing to do is to consult a structural engineer, he'll head to the site to see for himself and he'll recommend that you do a soil test to ascertain the allowable bearing capacity of the soil and type of foundation that would work in that area.

After which the structural engineer would do the structural design and he'll be the one to estimate from the structural design the amount of rod you should buy.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Makawhizzy: 3:27pm On Dec 02, 2020
n3xt:

If this design work for you, the mold can be readily available when you’re ready.

Your location?
Boss please can I get this mode for a friend project at mowe around second week of this month? Will appreciate your WhatsApp contact
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 3:31pm On Dec 02, 2020
neduboo:

It would be most helpful if the concerned professionals could cool down and breakdown the process to the poster.

Please start from the drawings vis a vis the nature of the soil. What is pilling? Why is pilling necessary; need for soil test to determine extent of pilling with regards to cost. QSFemi, please shook your mouth put as well.

It is obvious the poster is overwhelmed and probably drawn with too much information they don't understand. Please help.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BuildingProject: 3:32pm On Dec 02, 2020
Hello all, please I need help of professionals in the building. I want to start my kobo kobo project and the bàbà láti I called í about kill me with bills.

Someone should please help me to review all this things he wrote. Most especially the job discussion part.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 3:37pm On Dec 02, 2020
D
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:46pm On Dec 02, 2020
Makawhizzy:

Boss please can I get this mode for a friend project at mowe around second week of this month? Will appreciate your WhatsApp contact

Mowe is more like it. My mold is around that area.

WhatsApp +234.80.234.29.122
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by neduboo(m): 3:50pm On Dec 02, 2020
sconp:

Hi,

Let me try to breakdown what has been said.

You have an architectural plan for a bungalow and you are making plans to build. However, your land is a water-logged area I.e A swamp.

As such you shouldn't take structural advice for this kind of project from just anybody, so that you don't end up with regret.

The right thing to do is to consult a structural engineer, he'll head to the site to see for himself and he'll recommend that you do a soil test to ascertain the allowable bearing capacity of the soil and type of foundation that would work in that area.

After which the structural engineer would do the structural design and he'll be the one to estimate from the structural design the amount of rod you should buy.

Ooh. I now understand. Thank you very much sir

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 4:00pm On Dec 02, 2020
megacontrol:
Thanks man.

That's BAMENDA (coy name) and they do steel shutters only and not wood. I actually just found out that I had their contact from last year.
The rental rates didn't make biz sense back then so we ended up purchasing marine boards for that multi-floor project and it served us well.

Cheers!

As the same guy didn’t make business sense to you then so do I recently his quote double price of woods needed. This guy is better alternative with friendly price better faster service. Emmanual 08064753172 if your project is in Lagos. Tell him one of his client.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 4:32pm On Dec 02, 2020
megacontrol:
So what are your current prices for wood for foundation?

1 x 12
2 x 3
Plywood
4" nails
3" nails

1by12 1000
2by3. 300
4 and 3 nails 8k each
I don't have plywood on ground.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ArcToyin(m): 4:35pm On Dec 02, 2020
Successbay:
Happy Sunday to my Nairaland family.

Please a quick one. What are the Pros & Cons of the Machine-drilled and the manually-drilled boreholes? What do you advise?

A beginner needs your help sirs & mas.

Thank you.

The only con of machine drilling is that it is more expensive than handddrilling.

Pros
1) You get accurate drilling.
2) It can break rock or hard stones encountered during drilling. Manual cannot do that.
3) It is les labour intensive than manual drilling.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1804) (1805) (1806) (1807) (1808) (1809) (1810) ... (3675) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: GoldCircle, BabaChicago(m), Geekop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.