Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,556 members, 7,847,315 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 03:13 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4469082 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (3687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:29pm On Apr 10, 2016
If I don't give you the recognition you are dying for online (some on second username grin ) why the heck would you think I'll give you recognition offline? grin

You're a nobody and like I said before you no reach my level.

You and your nursery school dishonored soldiers and your asinine deadlines grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 12:36pm On Apr 10, 2016
agarawu23:
baba, we can deal if you assure me the third party is coming from a legal source. I just don't want to buy $ that will put me in wahala. You know that level na wink

I can buy as much as $100,000 at a time if available. Even if it will be sent batch by batch.

Pls take note that sender pay charges. The amount I will receive is what I will be paying for @300/$ .

Ofcourse, its actually my own personal money, in my own foreign account..... l am just creating a 'layer account' between my own bank account .... and yours, such that my own personal identity is protected.
I am beyond that age where people look for "quick and easy" money, moreover, what else do l want!

Same way you wont be paying into my 'local' personal account but that of a cousin of mine.
Though, l understand your "caution" and it is perfectly legitimate.

But l would just be paying for whatever you want to buy, the way l pay for things l buy online..... like l am the one buying it.
Not that l will be sending money to your account.
I just thought of it now as a way of repatriating funds without the useless "official rate" which our local banks will give me!

That "sender pays charges" clause needs to be looked at properly to see if at the end of the day, it is not 'detrimental' grin grin

Lastpage!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by babalose: 12:41pm On Apr 10, 2016
@sypder880....Do you know where this can be achieved in Nigeria for a space of 4m by 15m, if one should decide to use aluminum or steel material? What thickness of aluminum or steel will be durable for this design?
Based on the 2nd picture in my initial post, i think the thickness of the material used seems to be in the range of 5mm to 10mm. Please, kindly consider the weight of the material you are suggesting. Bolts can be spotted in the 2nd picture.

@brabus....Don't you think Aluminum or steel material will be a better durable option, than your suggestion of vinyl on polycarbonate? Knowing fully well, that the thickness of the material might help it to weather the outdoor element. Obviously, one can't use materials that can corrode or erode with air, sunlight or water.

cc abdulwastecx, brabus, spyder880, skimanski, segzy14, kkonsults, segcymoor, BITWORKS and other notable builders. Input from others who do not believe in an architectural norm, will be appreciated.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dieumerci(m): 1:21pm On Apr 10, 2016
EgunMogaji:
If I don't give you the recognition you are dying for online (some on second username grin ) why the heck would you think I'll give you recognition offline? grin

You're a nobody and like I said before you no reach my level.

You and your nursery school dishonored soldiers and your asinine deadlines grin

Baba e never do?

Let's move on...puleeese
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by skimanski(m): 2:35pm On Apr 10, 2016
babalose:
@sypder880....Do you know where this can be achieved in Nigeria for a space of 4m by 15m, if one should decide to use aluminum or steel material? What thickness of aluminum or steel will be durable for this design?
Based on the 2nd picture in my initial post, i think the thickness of the material used seems to be in the range of 5mm to 10mm. Please, kindly consider the weight of the material you are suggesting. Bolts can be spotted in the 2nd picture.

@brabus....Don't you think Aluminum or steel material will be a better durable option, than your suggestion of vinyl on polycarbonate? Knowing fully well, that the thickness of the material might help it to weather the outdoor element. Obviously, one can't use materials that can corrode or erode with air, sunlight or water.

cc abdulwastecx, brabus, spyder880, skimanski, segzy14, kkonsults, segcymoor, BITWORKS and other notable builders. Input from others who do not believe in an architectural norm will be appreciated.

What I see here are Fibre Products, Aluminum Products or Rubber Products Been sold as Panels with Different Designs/Patters, depending on your preference. You buy them and Stack together. If you look closely, you see where they are been Held Together by something Like a lock on. I once had someone drop Fliers on Site with something Like this, wish I had taken it serious and called them to site for a meeting.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by babalose: 2:56pm On Apr 10, 2016
@skimanski...Your works are outstandingly innovative and contemporary which i believe are not in conformity with norm or time in our Nigerian society. Your introduction of fiber or rubber as an alternative that can be used to achieve this exterior design broadens the horizon but what will be the binding agent of the panels (if fiber or rubber panels are to be used) to give it a seamless flow? I can't notice any panel borders/edges in the picture.
They are both materials that can be used under any environmental condition but my focus is on a locally achievable design that will be pocket friendly while still making an architectural statement. Its unfortunate that you lost contact with the company that brought fliers to you because their contact would have been most appreciated.
I believe the purpose of this questions are to inspire ideas on how it can be achieved locally at a pocket friendly cost which in turn favors my build or others who might in future consider it, as an option. I am a firm believer that nobody has the monopoly of wisdom.

cc abdulwastecx, brabus, spyder880, skimanski, segzy14, kkonsults, segcymoor, BITWORKS and other notable builders. Input from others who do not believe in an architectural norm will be appreciated.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 3:05pm On Apr 10, 2016
lastpage:

Ofcourse, its actually my own personal money, in my own foreign account..... l am just creating a 'layer account' between my own bank account .... and yours, such that my own personal identity is protected.
I am beyond that age where people look for "quick and easy" money, moreover, what else do l want!

Same way you wont be paying into my 'local' personal account but that of a cousin of mine.
Though, l understand your "caution" and it is perfectly legitimate.

But l would just be paying for whatever you want to buy, the way l pay for things l buy online..... like l am the one buying it.
Not that l will be sending money to your account.
I just thought of it now as a way of repatriating funds without the useless "official rate" which our local banks will give me!

That "sender pays charges" clause needs to be looked at properly to see if at the end of the day, it is not 'detrimental' grin grin

Lastpage!
my transaction is strictly cash deposits. They are our client for years so they don't sell online where we can just click and pay for the goods. pay cash and order your goods system

Baba Ijebu, so service charge dey inch u ? undecided grin.
Ofcus you will be paying charges to send money abroad and my offer is better cos we all know the highest rate banks/agencies can send for us to Nigeria and I myself know how much I will buy in black market and send to China from Nigeria. so its a 2 divide 4 advantage wink

Paying your cousin or whoever your money will be transferred to isn't a problem cos I prefer ppl who can show up physical in my residence before any transaction unless the sender is ready to risk and send first and I pay after transaction is confirmed.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:29pm On Apr 10, 2016
I'm back.
@ babalose,

I still maintain the material is Vinyl on Polycarbonate or Glass. I've actually explored all other options before and I know the easiest and most perfect solution for such is vinyl.

Interestingly, I've used wood, fiber and pvc decals for such before now and I'm never satisfied with the result until I went for vinyl which is been handled by a professional company.

Pls find below in pics attached other materials that can be used.

Pic 1: Treated Wood well stenciled out by professional wood carver

Pic 2. Decals installed on glass at NextHome H52.

In few weeks from now, I'll be unveiling the remodeled H52 where vinyl was used on glass and old barn door replacing the swing glass door.

In the past few weeks, I've spent much time working on clear polycarbonate sheets which I planned to use to cover the 2 atriums in one of my project and a conservatory that we are building. So I have a first hand info about the materials and its application.

Lighter, cheaper, and easily installed.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by babalose: 3:50pm On Apr 10, 2016
@brabus....Polycarbonate are translucent materials like the picture i pasted below and i doubt if Vinyl will make it opaque so to cast shadows on the building or inside the house through a window. I doubt how effectively this material can be bent without breaking. If you have more information on this material, kindly expatiate.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:56pm On Apr 10, 2016
^^^

Babalose

This is vinyl on glass (another translucent material). And I think what I'm seeing here is shadow.

And as per bending, the second pics below shows polycarbonate as used in a parking lot.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by skimanski(m): 4:13pm On Apr 10, 2016
babalose:
@skimanski...Your works are outstandingly innovative and contemporary which i believe are not in conformity with norm or time in our Nigerian society. Your introduction of fiber or rubber as an alternative that can be used to achieve this exterior design broadens the horizon but what will be the binding agent of the panels (if fiber or rubber panels are to be used) to give it a seamless flow? I can't notice any panel borders/edges in the picture.
They are both materials that can be used under any environmental condition but my focus is on a locally achievable design that will be pocket friendly while still making an architectural statement. Its unfortunate that you lost contact with the company that brought fliers to you because their contact would have been most appreciated.
I believe the purpose of this questions are to inspire ideas on how it can be achieved locally at a pocket friendly cost which in turn favors my build or others who might in future consider it, as an option. I am a firm believer that nobody has the monopoly of wisdom.

OK! How it can be Archived Locally at a Pocket Friendly Cost.

Maybe we Nigerians should take it Step by Step. First How do we archive it Locally. once that is done, and we are sure its Weather Friendly and can Stand the test of time, then We start looking for Pocket Friendly Ways of Recreation.

Lets Assume we were given the Design by a Client, what do we do? I for one will Get Rubber Panels, Take it to Rubber Cutting Firms, and Get my Patterns Cut out of Each Panel by their Pattern Machines and Looking for a way to stack them will be simple for me to do. What I am mainly concerned is the Materials that can be Maintained and User friendly, thats why Rubber, Fibre and Aluminium Comes to mind. Light Weight. TO get a firm to cut out patterns won't also be difficult. Look at these spoons, we have firms in Nigeria that can cut out the Filter Patterns you see on them.
Any Other Suggestions is welcome anyway

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:03pm On Apr 10, 2016
babalose:

cc abdulwastecx, brabus, spyder880, skimanski, segzy14, kkonsults, segcymoor, BITWORKS and other notable builders. Input from others who do not believe in an architectural norm, will be appreciated.

This is nice.

I'm elated that you builders are looking to step out of the box. You just need clients to pull along.

I saw many inspiring builds in Ibadan over the past three weeks. I can just imagine what will be going on in Lagos and Abuja.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:19pm On Apr 10, 2016
And you're D for dunce grin

At least a learner can learn unlike a brain dead terminal dunce.

Use your money to get counseling so you can untether yourself from this your fixation on me cheesy

U and your support cast combined no reach.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 5:56pm On Apr 10, 2016
n3xt:
Happy Birthday Chekitaut.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:08pm On Apr 10, 2016
@ babalose,

As a matter of fact, I can have it ready in matter two days using vinyl on clear polycarbonate sheets.

It's that simple.

And the beutiful part of it is that you're not stucked with one pattern, you can choose to clean or remove the patterns with vinyl remover and put something different.

All at your fingertips in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by babalose: 9:02pm On Apr 10, 2016
@skimanski....i sincerely appreciate your input on this subject but the durability of plastic as an outdoor cladding still worries me but i think aluminum as a material which you and spyder880 suggested will do a better job than plastic.

@brabus...don't you think an aluminum based material like Alucobond or Dibond will also serve the same purpose? I see the viability of vinyl covered polycarbornate as a pocket friendly option but i don't know it's comparative cost to aluminum based material.

I stumbled upon this weblink which i have copied below and it shows different claddings.

http://www.archiexpo.com/cat/facades-curtain-walls/other-facade-cladding-L-1074-_2.html

PICTURES OF ALUCOBOND AND DIBOND BELOW

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 9:36pm On Apr 10, 2016
babalose:
@skimanski....i sincerely appreciate your input on this subject but the durability of plastic as an outdoor cladding still worries me but i think aluminum as a material which you and spyder880 suggested will do a better job than plastic.

@brabus...don't you think an aluminum based material like Alucobond or Dibond will also serve the same purpose? I see the viability of vinyl covered polycarbornate as a pocket friendly option but i don't know it's comparative cost to aluminum based material.

I stumbled upon this weblink which i have copied below and it shows different claddings.

http://www.archiexpo.com/prod/cgl-systems/product-50368-358859.html

PICTURES OF ALUCOBOND AND DIBOND BELOW

Aluminum will do this nicely as I said earlier, but I would have loved the look of a light gauge stainless steel material for this, (0.75-1.5mm thick) My only worry is the shiny nature of stainless, if not painted will be causing sharp reflections from the sun, plus the prohibitive cost of stainless steel over aluminum.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:19pm On Apr 10, 2016
Hamersley Road Residence by Studio53 in Australia

and

Matsu Furniture Flagship Store
by EXH Design, China

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:22pm On Apr 10, 2016
Perforated Polycarbonate and pvc decals

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 2:49am On Apr 11, 2016
agarawu23:
my transaction is strictly cash deposits. They are our client for years so they don't sell online where we can just click and pay for the goods. pay cash and order your goods system

Baba Ijebu, so service charge dey inch u ? undecided grin.
Ofcus you will be paying charges to send money abroad and my offer is better cos we all from Nigeria. so its a 2 divide 4 advantage wink

Paying your cousin or whoever your money will be transferred to isn't a problem cos I prefer ppl who can show up physical in my residence before any transaction unless the sender is ready to risk and send first and I pay after transaction is confirmed.

No, 'Service Charge' does not inch me but l just dont waste money unnecessarily!
To me, Its a SIN against God who provides you the money. undecided
If you factor-in a 'cash difference' of Ten or twenty Naira (between what you are offering and the Black Market rate) for say $100,000, that is about a Million to Two Million Naira lost. If l also factor-in 'Bank charges' which l have to pay, say $500, on that amount, ....again, that is another #150,000 lost!
Its a matter of "Economics", from my own point of view!
Until the day l see all those far-far richer people like Dangotte or Otedola..... throwing money away, then l stick to the "Economics"! grin grin

Again, l dont do "cash-in-hand" for large sums of money. I think Bank-to-Bank is better since there is a record and paper trail of all money transacted..... just in-case l develop "bad memory". shocked shocked shocked

You wrote: "We can just click and pay for goods"...
That sounds like "online" to me? ...or what are you clicking, if not a button on a web-page?

Anyway, l will let it lie because l dont do Cash-in-hand for transactions over $500 or its equivalent.
Thanks for your time.

Lastpage!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 5:13am On Apr 11, 2016
lastpage:

No, 'Service Charge' does not inch me but l just dont waste money unnecessarily!
To me, Its a SIN against God who provides you the money. undecided
If you factor-in a 'cash difference' of Ten or twenty Naira (between what you are offering and the Black Market rate) for say $100,000, that is about a Million to Two Million Naira lost. If l also factor-in 'Bank charges' which l have to pay, say $500, on that amount, ....again, that is another #150,000 lost!
Its a matter of "Economics", from my own point of view!
Until the day l see all those far-far richer people like Dangotte or Otedola..... throwing money away, then l stick to the "Economics"! grin grin
hmmmm! In conclusion, that's my own deal. Sender pay charges or you take your dollars monthly to Nigeria and sell for 310-320 or send with agencies below 245-260 tongue cheesy

Again, l dont do "cash-in-hand" for large sums of money. I think Bank-to-Bank is better since there is a record and paper trail of all money transacted..... just in-case l develop "bad memory". shocked shocked shocked
Like who still deal in cash-in-hand? Its strictly bank transfer Oga which will ofcus record transactions.

You wrote: "We can just click and pay for goods"...
That sounds like "online" to me? ...or what are you clicking, if not a button on a web-page?
I said the company is not an online 'click and buy' service like that of eBay $ co... order your goods and wire your money system ni

Anyway, l will let it lie because l dont do Cash-in-hand for transactions over $500 or its equivalent.
Thanks for your time.

Lastpage!
can you please explain how you wire money to nja without service charge? it will be very useful to me.

Good morning.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 4nobody4every1: 8:08am On Apr 11, 2016
lastpage:
Well, dunce or not,
its a good thing that everyone on this thread know that you, Mr. Somorin a.k.a EgunMogaji is A COWARD whose Braggadocio does not go beyond the internet! tongue tongue

Anyway, If you grew-up in the ramshackle of Ikirun, before stowing away, to waste-away in the USA.. .... no one should expect less!
grin grin

Lastpage!

Please @ Lastpage, kindly allow this back and forth between you and EgunMogaji to rest, it is not worth it, l respect your matured advise (s) on this forum but the way the 2 of you are throwing banters & tantrums almost daily is really not worth it, l haven't met you neither have l met EgunMogaji but l am of the opinion that both of you are matured adults, please, please and please, l beg the 2 of you to allow this online banters to end, cheers

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 11, 2016
**** you come back with what I freely share on here in a weak lame brain dead attempt to score cheap points.

Youre a coward pure and simple. And you'll never reach.

You've got no game and your pitiful life revolves around hopping around my threads for research. Everyone can read through your posts and see the scam that your life is. You were banned and cane back with an s in your username. Your last post before ban was on EgunMogaji, the first one on new name was also on EgunMogaji. Omase o.

Omode Loje simi, nkan timo fi juelo otipoju grin

You'll die tired in pursuit of EgunMogaji fueled by jealousy cheesy when are you and your dishonored soldiers arriving? You're simply a frustrated peon. It kills you the way I live my live and you'll die that way because like I said you're inconsequential. If not dancing to the tunes of an online asshat makes me a coward in your psychotic brain then that's okay with me. You don't count.

EgunMogaji, afinju adaba to njeun lawujo Asa.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 4nobody4every1: 9:22am On Apr 11, 2016
EgunMogaji:
Oponu Ode, you come back with what I freely share on here in a weak lame brain dead attempt to score cheap points.

Youre a coward pure and simple. And you'll never reach.

You've got no game and your pitiful life revolves around hopping around my threads for research. Everyone can read through your posts and see the scam that your life is. You were banned and cane back with an s in your username. Your last post before ban was on EgunMogaji, the first one on new name was also on EgunMogaji. Omase o.

Omode Loje simi, nkan timo fi juelo otipoju grin

You'll die tired in pursuit of EgunMogaji fueled by jealousy cheesy when are you and your dishonored soldiers arriving? You're simply a frustrated peon. It kills you the way I live my live and you'll die that way because like I said you're inconsequential. If not dancing to the tunes of an online asshat makes me a coward in your psychotic brain then that's okay with me. You don't count.

EgunMogaji, afinju adaba to njeun lawujo Asa.
Please @ EgunMogaji, kindly cease fire, this is really unnecessary, allow this banters to end, cheers.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:28am On Apr 11, 2016
4nobody4every1:
Please @ EgunMogaji, kindly cease fire, this is really unnecessary, allow this banters to end, cheers.

Isu eni lonmuni towo bo epo. If I don't answer this idiot boy and his moronic crew they'll think they get mouth.

You've been nothing but good to me on here. I will cease fire, ki won to so baba nla baba won loruko.

I'm done, EgunMogaji out.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 9:39am On Apr 11, 2016
Abeg people in the house, how much does it cost for a typical wardrobe in Lagos ?
I been getting some outrageous quotes. and I even had to ask one if the wardobe is GOLD plated !
What do i want, just standard MDF with good hinges and handle, finish.
Size, I am not sure what the standard size is, but does anyone have an idea. I dont want it to be massive. Just something not too small and not too big.

Thanks in advance.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Excuzeme: 10:13am On Apr 11, 2016
mavverick:
Abeg people in the house, how much does it cost for a typical wardrobe in Lagos ?
I been getting some outrageous quotes. and I even had to ask one if the wardobe is GOLD plated !
What do i want, just standard MDF with good hinges and handle, finish.
Size, I am not sure what the standard size is, but does anyone have an idea. I dont want it to be massive. Just something not too small and not too big.

Thanks in advance.

On the average, the cost of the wardrobes are 90K for the ones with 3 doors and 2 drawers. 125k for the master bedroom 4 doors, 2 drawers and shoe rack. The material in use is laminated MDF. (the MDF comes in different grade and quality, according to the manufactures of this the MDF is from Israel and is of high quality).
You can actually chose the size you want, to fit your space.

Yes, they are costly ...except you can do DIY.

Its quite simple to do once you have the Boards, some screws, the hinges, Handles and the tools (A rechargeable hand drill for screwing and an electric Board Saw for cutting the boards)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 10:18am On Apr 11, 2016
Excuzeme

Thanks for the tip, are you actually serious between 90k - 125k. Do you mean for 1 wardrobe or like a bundle, so if its 1 that is very high to me. If I want to do DIY, buy all the materials etc and just pay someone preferrably to fabricate on site, like how much will that cost ? Shebi its just a case of going to AMU market one time ?

What happened to solid oak/mahogany/strong wood warbrobes, and using wood stain + varnish to finish it ? As in those wood you can go and cut in the bush and finish it off ?

The funny thing is that most tenants dont send your 90k wardrobe oo, they will still use it anyhow and how much is caution fee self ? caution fee cannot even buy more than 1 wardrobe, not to talk of the other things that could get damaged.

If one doesnt want imported MDF etc, what are the other options ?

Thanks in advance.

Excuzeme:

On the average, the cost of the wardrobes are 90K for the ones with 3 doors and 2 drawers. 125k for the master bedroom 4 doors, 2 drawers and shoe rack. The material in use is laminated MDF. (the MDF comes in different grade and quality, according to the manufactures of this the MDF is from Israel and is of high quality).
You can actually chose the size you want, to fit your space.

Yes, they are costly ...except you can do DIY.

Its quite simple to do once you have the Boards, some screws, the hinges, Handles and the tools (A rechargeable hand drill for screwing and an electric Board Saw for cutting the boards)

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (3687) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: HossanaHeights and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.