Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,006 members, 7,835,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2011) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4442590 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2008) (2009) (2010) (2011) (2012) (2013) (2014) ... (3678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 12:51am On Feb 18, 2021
InvertedHammer:

/
If window is 6x5 and quoted as such. They could be adjusted to 6x4 or 5x4, installed and plastered since the owner is not around. Meanwhile in collusion, the welder presents a quote of 6x5 too and builds 6x4 or 5x4 as the case may be to match the casement window sizes. Multiply these by many windows.

From available information, he went to the site to get measurements for the job. What business does he have with the Alumaco guy and his measurements when 6x5 is 6x5? There is a reason the Alumaco refused to share his measurements because he mentioned that Michlin mentioned altering the sizes. If the owner understood it, he wouldn't have reached out.

I have said my own and I will not get involved in this any longer...not worth my time.

/

Now I catch your drift. It may all be a case of site rivalry between two commissioned agents and lack of clear communication.

Since michlins reported prior the measurements issue with the client, please put this down as site rivalry.

Site rivalry is real and a serious issue. I once commissioned my architect and civil engineer to work together. The intention was for the architect to guide the engineer in bringing the design to fruition. Big mistake. The bickering, accusations and counter accusations of wastage, application and misapplications of building code almost drove me mad. I had to decommission one at a stage.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 1:13am On Feb 18, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
Things like this frame opening size saga rarely happens in the USA due to standards.

You can go to Home/Lowe’s to buy prehung doors and windows and they’ll fit all day long.

It’s time to set standards in the building industry in Nigeria.

On my next personal build I’ll be fabricating frames for all openings based on USA standards. So if I call for 4X4 window or burglary then I expect same.

Absolutely!!! Build to standard measure. I'm currently building to UK standard measurements. After the pandemic hopefully, I will import from the UK bi-fold doors, wooden doors, garage door, kitchen and possibly non-slip bathroom tiles.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:29am On Feb 18, 2021
n3xt:

grin grin Na so! O saaro wednesday!!

_____
Pic - On my plate this morning. After I received alert, I got to work on a cool contemporary project for a parcel of land in Oshodi/Isolo, Lagos State, Nigeria.

#NoLonger1847

Late Night Affair | Oshodi/Isolo Contemporary Design

To my client who wish to remain anonymous, please kindly check my chats with you on kobocity PM and message to your email. There’s a need to visit the site to take actual measurement of the existing Bungalow.

Please treat as urgent when you read this sir and kindly stay with me while we work on your design.

Thank you sir.

____
I’m sure you’d understand when you see the second pics attached. Pls kindly get in touch sir.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 1:52am On Feb 18, 2021
InvertedHammer:

/
If window is 6x5 and quoted as such. They could be adjusted to 6x4 or 5x4, installed and plastered since the owner is not around. Meanwhile in collusion, the welder presents a quote of 6x5 too and builds 6x4 or 5x4 as the case may be to match the casement window sizes. Multiply these by many windows.

From available information, he went to the site to get measurements for the job. What business does he have with the Alumaco guy and his measurements when 6x5 is 6x5? There is a reason the Alumaco refused to share his measurements because he mentioned that Michlin mentioned altering the sizes. If the owner understood it, he wouldn't have reached out.

I have said my own and I will not get involved in this any longer...not worth my time.

/
I don't know what the alumaco guy told you about me but there's no way a window will be 6 by 5 and I will supply 5 by 4. It's not done anywhere. Go anywhere in the industry. The adjustment is done in inches. I will just have to deduct about 4" on both side which will make the sizes 68" by 56". It's industrial standard go ask anywhere and anyone. While am fighting this is because I don't want my name to be associated with fraud or anything like that. I wouldn't win every job I apply for but to be called out as a fraud and thief is something I don't want to associate with my name.
Thanks for the first job and it's being amazing working for you. Enjoy your build and life. It has been a good journey.

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:56am On Feb 18, 2021
Building Up | Pre-Construction Work

This morning we commence work on our not 1847 contemporary build with the installation of borehole.

Project not yet christened as we normally do and as the owner want it, I’d be opening a thread for a project here once again. shocked
Of course, it’ll also be our second construction journal on kobocity.com after sir Thomaths super exciting project. @gbengress1 I can see you’re loving that thread.

Let’s move!

______

Pic 2 - Crossing the t’s and dotting the i’s at NextHome. Premium contents exclusive to VIP members on kobocity.com

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 2:03am On Feb 18, 2021
lastpage:
I have been quietly following recent situations here.
On this Window issue.....

If a Window is quoted and priced based on 4ft X 4ft, l will expect the Alluminium Window to be exactly 4 X 4 and to install it, the Bricklayer simply chisels back some part of the Wall Opening, if at all, to allow the frame into the 4 X 4 Space provided on the Wall.
When it comes to Burglary, same process applies even moreso if the Burglary is to be installed outside of the Aluminium Casing.
To install it, the installer chisels the point of installation, the Burglary slips-in and it is cemented in. Most come with 'legs' for that purpose.

I have never bought a 7 x 4 or 6 X 3 door and it measures anything less than that, it is the Wall frame that gets dressed a little to allow that frame to slip in.

So, l dont understand where all these argument about "reducing the frame size" from what was quoted, comes in.

But in retrospect and in my own personal opinion, l will give @Michelins the benefit of the doubt in this matter.
WHY?
- the case against him, as it is right now, is not strong enough / weak, to call him out on financial impropriety or fraud.
It is like loosing a case on 'technical grounds', because you dont have solid evidence or your evidence cannot prove your case BEYOND DOUBT..

- @michelins has not shown such nefarious tendency, not even the slightest, in his short time on this thread/Nairaland.

I believe he took a LAZY DECISION (reducing burglary size, in all honesty), that will make fixing his Burglary work easier (in his own reasoning) and that decision may, UNINTENTIONALLY, also save him a some amount of money on materials to be used for the job ( no matter how small) but in all honesty, l dont think his intention was to defraud the Client by "under- producing to quoted size".

The Client has the Right to be furious that the Dimensions he paid for, are being reduced (for whatever reasons), without his knowledge and consent! The Contractor should at the very least, inform the Client well- ahead of such decision.

"Ceaser's wife must not only be Clean, she must be seen to be Clean"

But when in doubt, we should always give the accused person the benefit of the doubt.
l dont think the intention of @michelins was to do any hanky-panky to his Client.

I will plead with @InvertedHarmmer to ask his Client to overlook this "error" on the part of the Contractor.

I will also ask @michelins or any other contractor in here, to understand that once an agreement is reached with a Client, any variation, even if it is to the benefit of the Client, should be explained and discussed with the Client, get the nod of the Client, before implementation, so as to avoid this sort of unintended situation.
@michelins, please make-up with your Client privately and get his confidence back. Avoid being lured into blaming the Alumaco guy, it serves no purpose.

@All, please let us not escalate this matter by pouring more fuel into it.
God bless.

Lastpage!
at the bolded, client hasn't paid me and I haven't submitted any quotation except the one I submitted about a month ago which has been made null and void due to the increase in the price of materials.

Should I have a sinister motives,why should I inform him and still ask for the number of the alumaco guy from the said client? Why not wait until am paid before I do anything like that?

What he (alumaco told) the client is totally different from what invertedhammer is saying here. I haven't scammed anyone and I don't intend to do it.

Thanks everyone for their response and their explanations

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:19am On Feb 18, 2021
Only God knows the new story we will be treating again tomorrow.

Where there’s no system, anything goes. We won’t wait till there’s issue before we start running like headless chicken and engaging one other in shouting bout. We will always be a step ahead of you to make your construction journey smooth. - kobocity

We will always respond with a shift in our culture.

Words are beautiful but actions are supreme. - Cuevas

www.kobocity.com

_____

Pics - Stakeholders response to managing Online Complaints on kobocity.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oluwaleokey: 2:55am On Feb 18, 2021
smallsmall:

Your total landmass is approximately One and half plots. (1.47 Plots).
Though it is not a regular-shaped 18.18M X 36.36M plot.
Thanks buddy
With the aid of Google, I had to mathematically follow it up
I guess you used 60ft x 120ft, the lagos standard according to google
Going by 50ft by 100ft, it's up to 2plots and some little fractions
What do you think
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oluwaleokey: 2:56am On Feb 18, 2021
SurveyorGeo:

These measurements are in feet, 1metre = 3.3ft
Front = 41/3.3 = 12.42m
Back = 77/3.3 = 23.33m
Left = 233/3.3 = 70.60m
Right = 129/3.3 = 39.09m
The total size of the land is approx. 970.43sqmts ( Based on your Engr measurements)

This was helpful, thanks
I realised going by 50 x 100 that its up to 2plots
Many thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 3:34am On Feb 18, 2021
grin grin grin tongue shocked shocked shocked embarassed
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 3:39am On Feb 18, 2021
SurveyorGeo:

These measurements are in feet, 1metre = 3.3ft
Front = 41/3.3 = 12.42m
Back = 77/3.3 = 23.33m
Left = 233/3.3 = 70.60m
Right = 129/3.3 = 39.09m
The total size of the land is approx. 970.43sqmts ( Based on your Engr measurements)

His engineer can take measurement but can't tell him the plot size...........

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nero2424: 4:46am On Feb 18, 2021
michlins:
so please sir, how does asking the alumaco guy which measurements he's adjusting with become a case of fraud. Now I asked alumaco, how many are you adjusting to fit and he told house owner that I wanted to shorten the sizes to make more money.

Unfortunately you are responsible for your choice of words, people interprets differently. Am sure you did learn from this one.

I once had a female friend back in university days who said she was coming to my house on a saturday but unfortunately i have an import meeting that same Saturday that I have promised the attendants my presence . I texted her that I will not be available on saturday due to a scheduled meeting, that "I don't want to fvck up" .

The word "up" was sent without the "P"

It took me almost 2 months to correct that mistake.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 5:08am On Feb 18, 2021
In as much as we have bad people around us, let's take it easy with all this fraud fraud stuff.

Accusation of Fraud in business is a big stain to wash away. In as much as a client want to guide their investment jealously, remember that the contractor, artisans etc are trying to guide their means of livelihood jealously.

The last 2 fraud this and that here does not fit the bill in my opinion. In a sane court system, there is a good chance both cases will likely to be dismissed outright.

I hope we don't get to the point of someone coming in here to say, ehn.. I reached out to xyz contractor for a job he advertised here, he didn't get back to me, I sent him text, what's app, no response.. don't patronize him/her he is a fraud.

Or a contractor coming in to say, ehn this client agreed to mobilize me with 100k to start the job, he only sent me 97k, he is a fraud.

Again, when you invest in 9ja especially in building a house, all those oyibo mindset is out of the window.. I can understand the frustration of the client (michlins client).. but na 9ja we dey... measurements are not always what you think they are on the building plan and my guess is the client does not live in Nigeria full time.. Oga , na 9ja we dey oo ... it is very frustrating building from abroad especially if it is your first build. I know folks that frustration made them abandon their projects.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 5:26am On Feb 18, 2021
michlins:
at the bolded, client hasn't paid me and I haven't submitted any quotation except the one I submitted about a month ago which has been made null and void due to the increase in the price of materials.

Should I have a sinister motives,why should I inform him and still ask for the number of the alumaco guy from the said client? Why not wait until am paid before I do anything like that?

What he (alumaco told) the client is totally different from what invertedhammer is saying here. I haven't scammed anyone and I don't intend to do it.

Thanks everyone for their response and their explanations
/
I listened to 4 different recorded messages and conversations, you are not being honest in your submission here. That's by the way.

Who stands to gain? Both parties. That's why it is collusion when the two parties are on the same page which luckily didn't happen in this case.

We must understand that a lot of people are skeptical about doing business with our people based on prior experiences. So any deviation from the norm would raise a red flag. As I noted, there is no case of scam as I understand that no funds have exchanged hands. But the intent is clear.
I have advised him to stop all work. When he is available, he can go and supervise his work to avoid stories that touch.
My motto remains: Trust but Verify.

NB: In your wisdom, you are posting private Whatsapp conversations with the other party's name and picture in tow. If that's a subtle threat, it is not going to work. Why don't you post your picture (s) too?
/

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:50am On Feb 18, 2021
Nero2424:

Unfortunately you are responsible for your choice of words, people interprets differently. Am sure you did learn from this one.

I once had a female friend back in university days who said she was coming to my house on a saturday but unfortunately i have an import meeting that same Saturday that I have promised the attendants my presence . I texted her that I will not be available on saturday due to a scheduled meeting, that "I don't want to fvck up" .

The word "up" was sent without the "P"

It took me almost 2 months to correct that mistake.

grin grin

You should have sent the ‘p’ I’m a separate text na.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:12am On Feb 18, 2021
Badgers14:
In as much as we have bad people around us, let's take it easy with all this fraud fraud stuff.

Accusation of Fraud in business is a big stain to wash away. In as much as a client want to guide their investment jealously, remember that the contractor, artisans etc are trying to guide their means of livelihood jealously.

The last 2 fraud this and that here does not fit the bill in my opinion. In a sane court system, there is a good chance both cases will likely to be dismissed outright.

I hope we don't get to the point of someone coming in here to say, ehn.. I reached out to xyz contractor for a job he advertised here, he didn't get back to me, I sent him text, what's app, no response.. don't patronize him/her he is a fraud.

Or a contractor coming in to say, ehn this client agreed to mobilize me with 100k to start the job, he only sent me 97k, he is a fraud.

Again, when you invest in 9ja especially in building a house, all those oyibo mindset is out of the window.. I can understand the frustration of the client (michlins client).. but na 9ja we dey... measurements are not always what you think they are on the building plan and my guess is the client does not live in Nigeria full time.. Oga , na 9ja we dey oo ... it is very frustrating building from abroad especially if it is your first build. I know folks that frustration made them abandon their projects.

We’ve gotten pass that stage.

The only reason one person labeled me a fraud was simply because I told him I’m going for an International Conference on Affordable Housing in Malaysia and I’d return in 2 weeks.

Haven’t you guys wondered people who accuse Brabus don’t always have anything meaningful to talk about?

Eg
____
Accusing me because I did 39 columns in a house that the structural design recommended 33 columns. They forgot to mention that the project was demolition and the structural engineer didn’t get to the site.

____
Accusing me of fraud because my tilers told one of my client folk that if you get to Brabus house, he used Spanish all through in his house. The Oga rushed here to claim I supplied him Chinese Tiles and I’m like “Can you check the amount you paid?”

____
Accusing me of fraud because the person (a well known staff of LASBCA) who did approval for my client and his dad was recommended by me. The same approval that he did for his dad the same time wasn’t fraud but my clients’. Isn’t it insane?

That’s why I have low interest in doing business with people here because most of these stuffs are coming from people who should know better and guide others on how to become better. People who occupy envious position and could use their knowledge to build a platform that protects the interest of everyone transacting online.

But as my friend dey always talk “God no go shame us.”

We are still here and we are not poor. If it’s the wish of people here, we will be begging on the street.

_____

Before I hit here with any new project, I’m working on NextHome20 - an ultra modern design studio in honour of my dad who is still living grin. I’m also working on my private estate and I have a subscriber here.

Before haterz go dey cry, him don kill his client grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:28am On Feb 18, 2021
Still Last Night

From another anonymous member. Wahala for person who dey beg for job.

My job speaks for me. Sebi you wan see recent jobs grin grin

We’ve not started yet o!

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:41am On Feb 18, 2021
—-
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 6:49am On Feb 18, 2021
InvertedHammer:

/

/

I understand what you are pointing at. You mean that the combined total of the '1" or more' deductions in all window sizes will be significant in terms of the profit the young man will make. It is very possible but may at the same time not be his intention.

It is of no use for him to call the Alumaco person if he intends to be dubious. My Alumaco man doesn't even know my welder and i'm sure if they want to take advantage of anything they can do it independently.

Besides the welder for the most I can think of 'here' has been doing well, I don't know him personally, and it's not 'only' because of notable people that he has constructed good quality tank stands, doors,windows and so on, he has no dubious intention I can stake on that. Rather there are still some artisans that despite long epistles it just won't work.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:08am On Feb 18, 2021
InvertedHammer:

/
I listened to 4 different recorded messages and conversations, you are not being honest in your submission here. That's by the way.

Who stands to gain? Both parties. That's why it is collusion when the two parties are on the same page which luckily didn't happen in this case.

We must understand that a lot of people are skeptical about doing business with our people based on prior experiences. So any deviation from the norm would raise a red flag. As I noted, there is no case of scam as I understand that no funds have exchanged hands. But the intent is clear.
I have advised him to stop all work. When he is available, he can go and supervise his work to avoid stories that touch.
My motto remains: Trust but Verify.

NB: In your wisdom, you are posting private Whatsapp conversations with the other party's name and picture in tow. If that's a subtle threat, it is not going to work. Why don't you post your picture (s) too?
/
sir if you have anything against me, kindly tell me and I will apologize but calling me a fraud when I have zero intentions about that is pure wickedness sir. Four different recordings, kindly share them with me because there maybe things you were told about me which I knew nothing about.

I'm a vendor here and my name is important to me, don't ruin it for me I beg you in the name of God. I did a standing tank for you and there was no compromise on measurements and quality, what's window burglaries that I will scam you about. If I bring a burglary and it's smaller than the size, I believe you have an engineer who will tell you. First job I did, you had people who verified it for you. Can't same people verify others for you. Saying that am threatening you with content of my conversation with you and the parties involved, where does that come from. How can I hurt you that's not in Nigeria from my abode in Nnewi? I'm tired of all these things. I'm here to make my money in the most genuine way.

The work I did for omonjoe, I told him even before making payments that I will adjust the measurements he gave me because of plastering just like I intend to do with yours. He was the one who brought the measurements even. 4" out of initial measurements won't make me rich. It's for your benefits

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by valencia2012(m): 7:12am On Feb 18, 2021
FRAUDSTER. FRAUD.
You don't know these words until you are called one, especially after working so hard, and upright to get to where you are today. In most cases, its only snakes who see every rope as a snake!
If we really do wish ourselves and this thread well, we would always learn to address issues within parties exclusively and only report it here when such move prove abortive.

15 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 7:19am On Feb 18, 2021
valencia2012:
FRAUDSTER. FRAUD.
You don't know these words until you are called one, especially after working so hard, and upright to get to where you are today. In most cases, its only snakes who see every rope as a snake!
If we really do wish ourselves and this thread well, we would always learn to address issues within parties exclusively and only report it here when such move prove abortive.

Very well said..

I had in mind of adding that to my initial post but wanted to have the thought marinate in my mind well before someone label me as fraud.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:29am On Feb 18, 2021
Godisgreatest1:

I understand what you are pointing at. You mean that the combined total of the '1" or more' deductions in all window sizes will be significant in terms of the profit the young man will make. It is very possible but may at the same time not be his intention.

It is of no use for him to call the Alumaco person if he intends to be dubious. My Alumaco man doesn't even know my welder and i'm sure if they want to take advantage of anything they can do it independently.

Besides the welder for the most I can think of 'here' has been doing well, I don't know him personally, and it's not 'only' because of notable people that he has constructed good quality tank stands, doors,windows and so on, he has no dubious intention I can stake on that. Rather there are still some artisans that despite long epistles it just won't work.
sir this is what happens when you as a welder doesn't adjust measurements. Standard is about 4" on both sides of the windows. Length and width. How rich can such make a person?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 7:35am On Feb 18, 2021
michlins:
sir if you have anything against me, kindly tell me and I will apologize but calling me a fraud when I have zero intentions about that is pure wickedness sir. Four different recordings, kindly share them with me because there maybe things you were told about me which I knew nothing about.

I'm a vendor here and my name is important to me, don't ruin it for me I beg you in the name of God. I did a standing tank for you and there was no compromise on measurements and quality, what's window burglaries that I will scam you about. If I bring a burglary and it's smaller than the size, I believe you have an engineer who will tell you. First job I did, you had people who verified it for you. Can't same people verify others for you. Saying that am threatening you with content of my conversation with you and the parties involved, where does that come from. How can I hurt you that's not in Nigeria from my abode in Nnewi? I'm tired of all these things. I'm here to make my money in the most genuine way.

The work I did for omonjoe, I told him even before making payments that I will adjust the measurements he gave me because of plastering just like I intend to do with yours. He was the one who brought the measurements even. 4" out of initial measurements won't make me rich. It's for your benefits

If he wanted to cheat, why would he ask for the contact of the other guy from the owner while stating the reason for that in the same chat?

Lets be logical na

This is purely not a case of trying to defraud anyone!

Wahala for trust and Nigerians o.

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 7:41am On Feb 18, 2021
QSFemi:
I hope this thread get restored to its normal course.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 7:55am On Feb 18, 2021
In other matters, I feel clients shouldn't be made to feel reluctant to report any anomaly here.
I think it's good for online business and helps to put all parties on their toes and be of their best behaviour.
Once the suspect clears his/herself, it would serve as more advert.
However, it's better to choose words to use carefully and not use fraud to describe the accused when it hasn't been proven beyond reasonable doubt.
In all of these, discerning minds know and appreciate the objective peace makers even when their submission may not go well with either parties involved.
God no go shame us.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adesegun121(m): 8:31am On Feb 18, 2021
Good morning
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 8:58am On Feb 18, 2021
I need 60 tonnes of granite (30 tonnes x 2) to Atan OTA today at reasonable price
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:07am On Feb 18, 2021
!!! I have 100 bags of cement for sale in Sagamu, Ogun state!!!

I bought the cements for a personal project but changed my mind along the line on when to commence the project.

N2900 per bag (pay and pick up)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:19am On Feb 18, 2021
It is well.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 10:09am On Feb 18, 2021
Authority Stealing, Parts 1 & 2
Fela ( the one wey get death for pocket) Kuti

You be thief (I no be thief)
You be rogue (I no be rogue)
You dey steal (I no dey steal)
You be robber (I no be robber)
You be armed robber (No be armed robber)
(2ce)
I no be thief (You be thief)
I no be rogue (You be rogue)
I no dey steal (You dey steal)
I no be robber (You be robber)
I no be armed robber (You be armed robber)
(2ce)
Argument, argument!
Argument, argument, argue (2ce)
Them argue

Somebody don take something
Wey belong to another person.
On top of the road, on the side
People dey waka
Office workers, labourer workers, workers' workers
Them go dey waka
Inside bus them go dey
Motorcycle them dey ride
Plenty, plenty crowd
Inside this crowd
Sometimes for one corner
Sometimes for one street
You go dey hear: ha ha!
Catch am catch am
Thief, thief, thief!
Catch am catch am
Rogue, rogue, rogue!
Catch am catch am
Robber, robber!
Catch am, catch am! Thief, thief, thief!
(Hold am, grab am)

Wey them go grab
Them go beat am well-well
Them fit lynch am well-well
Police go come well-well
Them go carry am go court
Them go put am for jail
Them fit put am six months
(Them go put am for one year)
Them fit put am two years
(Them go put am for five years)
Them fit put am seven years
(Them go put am for ten years)
If not them go shoot am well
Them go shoot am for armed robbery
On top of the road, on the side

People dey waka
Office workers, labourer workers, workers' workers
Them go dey try
To try to make ends meet
Them go dey hustle
To try to make ends meet
Them go put hands for back
To try to make ends meet
Them go dey beg oga
To try to make ends meet
Them go be slaves for them town
To try to make ends meet
Oh yes them go dey try to try to make ends meet
Dem go dey hustle to try to make ends meet

No need to come for me. I'm going through a dissertation on social justice with Fela as a case study. So I'm just singing to myself. Catch am, catch am rober, rober.......ole, ole....................

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 10:36am On Feb 18, 2021
Good morning all. It's been a while..

Have a pleasant day...

(1) (2) (3) ... (2008) (2009) (2010) (2011) (2012) (2013) (2014) ... (3678) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: HossanaHeights, NL1960 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.