Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,071 members, 7,867,061 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:20 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4514923 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2122) (2123) (2124) (2125) (2126) (2127) (2128) ... (3698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:50pm On Apr 12, 2021
Gigaset:
I will definitely ship the windows from here and hope to find a professional to install it correctly this time.

Thanks one more time you beat me to this grin

Wonderful!

My wild thoughts here.

If you have the windows open inward, where will your blind or curtain be? Inside and I guess you’d shift them to one side when opening the window?

I’m trying to understand how this works.

What about window nets when the window open inward? Will that be outside before the burglary proof? Or it’d be completely knocked off?

Don’t mind me o and my irrational thoughts here. I’m building to naija code now and also considering naija mosquitoes.

If only you’re doing this because of cleaning on a single floor building, won’t a 6m ladder fix the occasional cleaning of maybe 6 - 8 windows you’d have? Or a wraparound terrace design? Or a juliet balcony (shown below)?

I am not convinced this design is right for this terrain.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 8:54pm On Apr 12, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Gbadexy
femidbuilder:
Can anyone recommend a painter who can do a quality job for a project in Lekki. eed someone who can deliver a flawless job with quality paints.
twinskenny:
gbadexy
Thank you sirs for the mention and recommendations.
@femidbuilder, I pro.duce good quality architectural paints at affordable cost.
I can recommend painters but since the in house decorative painting expert has indicated interest, I won't be doing so.
I'm available for your painting needs though.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 9:11pm On Apr 12, 2021
BrabusNG:

XL6 Trillion | Atrium House

We need your input here.

Which will you chose between 1, 2 and 3 as a minimalist looking for style without compromising safety and blowing budget? and why would one over the other?

I plan my builds ahead of schedule so things do happen on site like we are fixing a jigsaw puzzle. So it always seem like we are only talking grin grin and not working. We work smart.

I intend to start working on the sample of chosen design before my ogas next visit to site.

_____

The plan is to use 16” - 20” mild steel square rods to do any of the designs. Security is paramount to my client.

Think They look like Laser cut designs.

I'm working on this with my local welder.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 9:13pm On Apr 12, 2021
BrabusNG:

Tbh baba, I did all I can but it just seem these guys won’t let go off me.

I left 3strike project immediately after carcass. Do you know despite all his attacks here, I’m the one who gave him the POP guy, Tiler and the door supplier and some other jobs done during the finishes?

What else do I need to do to show I truly care?

Even the guy who was closest to him said “What else do this man want from you? You have done his job and moved on.”

I don’t joke with my family not even someone I have no issues with is terrorizing them.

Am I supposed to be begging a man who said he will [b]kill my kids, wife [/b]and friends? grin grin

Or you think it’s nothing to worry about?

WOW
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:21pm On Apr 12, 2021
KolaShangOne:

Think They look like Laser cut designs.

I'm working on this with my local welder.

Nice door you’ve got there.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by femidbuilder: 9:28pm On Apr 12, 2021
Thanks. I have already decided on my paint supplier. Maybe for the next project.

gbadexy:

Thank you sirs for the mention and recommendations.
@femidbuilder, I pro.duce good quality architectural paints at affordable cost.
I can recommend painters but since the in house decorative painting expert has indicated interest, I won't be doing so.
I'm available for your painting needs though.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 9:46pm On Apr 12, 2021
diordaves:

To be honest, it is achievable though the dimensions could be challenging. For me, I will pay particular attention to:

Close eye and use 0.7mm long span. No steps sheets. If 0.55mm it MUST be Tower (PGN) direct just for certainty of thickness.

Pay rapt attention to the point at which the sheets meet the parapet wall. Get this segment wrong, you will grapple with damp walls.

# Roofers (money121) do you use flashing in Nigeria?

In the UK, at the point where the sheets (roof tiles) meet the wall, you introduce flashing. Damp problem solved.
Yes sir
Is called wall flashing

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 9:51pm On Apr 12, 2021
Please who knows this old school design on conoil building exterior walls? I just like to introduce it in one of mine.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 9:57pm On Apr 12, 2021
femidbuilder:
Thanks. I have already decided on my paint supplier. Maybe for the next project.

It's no problem.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 10:00pm On Apr 12, 2021
n3xt:

Wonderful!

My wild thoughts here.

If you have the windows open inward, where will your blind or curtain be? Inside and I guess you’d shift them to one side when opening the window?

What about window nets when the window open inward? Will that be outside before the burglary proof? Or it’d be completely knocked off?

Don’t mind me o and my irrational thoughts here. I’m building to naija code now and also considering naija mosquitoes.

If only you’re doing this because of cleaning on a single floor building, won’t a 6m ladder fix the occasional cleaning of maybe 6 - 8 windows you’d have? Or a wraparound terrace design? Or a juliet balcony (shown below)?

The window opens flat out at full degree. It is not like Nigeria that opens at 90 degree. So open your window full on, leave the blind in place or shift to side. The opening does not affect the blinds in any way.

With regards to mosquito net, you can introduce net slide just as done with casement windows. Or use a mosquito blind.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Gigaset: 10:04pm On Apr 12, 2021
The curtain will be inside and you are correct it will be shift to one side to open the window and the window nets is optional and most of our houses are without burglary proof.

Edit: i can upload a pic for you to see
n3xt:

Wonderful!

My wild thoughts here.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:09pm On Apr 12, 2021
diordaves:

The window opens flat out at full degree. It is not like Nigeria that opens at 90 degree. So open your window full on, leave the blind in place or shift to side. The opening does not affect the blinds in any way.

With regards to mosquito net, you can introduce net slide just as done with casement windows. Or use a mosquito blind.

https://pin.it/2zvYMwi

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 10:15pm On Apr 12, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 10:28pm On Apr 12, 2021
n3xt:

Wonderful!

My wild thoughts here.

Haha...I didn't even think of net and burglary...well this is how mine looks...it comes with persainblind which can be rolled up and tied right there...then you can open up or down or sideways

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 10:35pm On Apr 12, 2021
femidbuilder:
Can anyone recommend a painter who can do a quality job for a project in Lekki. Need someone who can deliver a flawless job with quality paints.
Gbadexy

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 10:40pm On Apr 12, 2021
rotecch77:

Nice. Could work in certain situations.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:50am On Apr 13, 2021
rotecch77:

Bi-folding/Multi-fold Windows and doors can’t have nets unless it’s a multi-track window.

The windows they’re showing is pretty close to our own projected/awning windows here. All that’s required to achieve the design is the hinge.

I’ve seen the type of window they described before but I didn’t pay close attention to it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:29am On Apr 13, 2021
Putting extra in ordinary

Slabless staircase again. Here’s our little way of adding value to XL6 Trillion | Atrium House.

We did this before. And now we’re doing it again with a little improvement.

_________

Oga abi make we put standard naija staircase grin grin

Edit: A pivoting door issa bae.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:39am On Apr 13, 2021
NextHome Slabless Staircase | 2014

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:49am On Apr 13, 2021
Once again, we have a winner!

XL6 Trillion | Atrium House is having a Steel Roof. I can’t wait to do this once again.

#putting-extra-in-ordinary

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 5:03am On Apr 13, 2021
n3xt:

Bi-folding/Multi-fold Windows and doors can’t have nets unless it’s a multi-track window.

The windows they’re showing is pretty close to our own projected/awning windows here. All that’s required to achieve the design is the hinge.

I’ve seen the type of window they described before but I didn’t pay close attention to it.

Inner net will fit in here by introducing separate track for the net as usual.
Reason why I like 9” inch width block size it can accommodate any building component.
Other sizes like 6”5”4” can’t accommodate all this system perfectly.
Same thing with French door burglary can be fixed in there

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 5:26am On Apr 13, 2021
dongc:

Is this a German thing ?my windows open 3-4 dimensional ...dont live in DE but SE....

it's not really a German thingy Sir, we've imported both two n three dimensionally opening windows for our clients from Italy and they do use it there very well.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by simplywhy(m): 6:20am On Apr 13, 2021
gordonbarrett:
My thoughts exactly. There is a lot of generalization here. A roof can be flat but with a very good slope. May not compare to a high pitch roof in terms of flow but certainly won't turn to a pool. Na matter of choice. Just finished my "not so flat" roof

This really looks nice. Can you please post more pictures of it? Is it sloped to the back or the side?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:49am On Apr 13, 2021
rotecch77:

Inner net will fit in here by introducing separate track for the net as usual.
Reason why I like 9” inch width block size it can accommodate any building component.
Other sizes like 6”5”4” can’t accommodate all this system perfectly.
Same thing with French door burglary can be fixed in there

If inner nets will be used then this negates ongoing discussion.

I’ve shared this many times here. I did on the last and recently. It’s even oart of my ongoing DIY project.

I shared picture of a house where a casement window was installed to open inwards; burglar proofs were installed outside the windows.

Here’s the picture of the house once again.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 6:52am On Apr 13, 2021
Good morning..
For your roofing woods, woodwork and materials contact us today. Thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 6:52am On Apr 13, 2021
Good morning..
For your roofing woods, woodwork and materials contact us today. Thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:57am On Apr 13, 2021
Horlardorjah:

it's not really a German thingy Sir, we've imported both two n three dimensionally opening windows for our clients from Italy and they do use it there very well.

Import bi-folding or multi-fold windows? Those are easy job here.

Even it’s part of @rmx project. I think his is about 6m wide if I could remember.

It’s a major part of my latest contemporary design and upcoming project.

There’s a Chinese company that makes large sizes used for internal partitions here and I’ve known them since 2014. There are other folks in the uPVC market that do this type of windows here.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:04am On Apr 13, 2021
Here’s something from my old posts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usxbiNHc5xU

It’s a floor-to-ceiling multi-fold sliding partition. There’s also a glass only version and the uPVC version.

https://www.nairaland.com/2841505/nexthome-2016-construction-daily-updates/3#43184209
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:17am On Apr 13, 2021
Of course, here’s the recently discussed openable bi-folding window metal protector with net done by me and the new one (pic 3) which is currently under construction.

I can make a custom metal window/door with glass using the same approach. The accessories to achieve this are in the building materials market here in Lagos.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GreenArrow1(m): 7:25am On Apr 13, 2021
BrabusNG:

Please show picture of Sir 3strikes step tiles if it’s different from what you shared.

It’s no longer step tiles because you workmen stepped on it while plastering your house.

I advised you but you say “Do my job my way!”

Post the picture of when plastering was done with planks placed on your roof.

_____

Bros go and take a bottle of beer greenarrow1 recommended for me. I dey work now I can’t drink and work.

_____

You’re just messing yourself here bro. What you posted is step tiles roofing. Ask any company in Nigeria to prove me wrong

Wrong mention sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 7:33am On Apr 13, 2021
sonnie10:
Please who knows this old school design on conoil building exterior walls? I just like to introduce it in one of mine.
I didn't get this question.
Can you also share a clearer picture?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 7:56am On Apr 13, 2021
Horlardorjah:

No doubts like Oga Dave suggested... probably mainland Europe thing....out of curiosity I went to an online market place to check....I can see so many shops are using caption "German windows" Tyska=German ....either they emanated from Germany ��.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2122) (2123) (2124) (2125) (2126) (2127) (2128) ... (3698) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dollarnaira and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.