Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,127 members, 7,835,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4443472 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2149) (2150) (2151) (2152) (2153) (2154) (2155) ... (3678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ibietela2(m): 10:28am On Apr 25, 2021
Do you plaster before putting POP

When do you do plumbing work? Before or after plastering?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ibietela2(m): 10:35am On Apr 25, 2021

Very good looking because you won't see it grin

Very easy to work with, easier than wood, IMHO.

No RUST, no ROT, no TERMITE, lasts FOREVER.

They have them in 2X2, 2X4 and 2X6.

How do you cover it and put roof sheets
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 11:05am On Apr 25, 2021
ibietela2:
Do you plaster before putting POP

When do you do plumbing work? Before or after plastering?
good questions.

Doing pop before plastering is the best, because it will enable the plasterer to gauge and smooth all the edges of the pop design.

Plumbing work is done before plastering because all the walls the plumber will break before laying the pipes must be cover with bricks and mortar by the plasterers.

Same applies to electrical pipping, it must be done before plastering.

Frames for doors must be available on site before plastering because if you don't provide it for the plasterers when they are plastering coming back for them to install the frame after plastering will cost you, time, energy and money.

Windows must be on site install, before plastering it save you money and it is the best ethic to get wonderful finishing.

After plastering is fixing of plumbing and electrical materials for the project.

Next to painting.

But before all this can be done you must cover the buidling.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 11:06am On Apr 25, 2021
Happy Sunday to everyone.

Cntact us today for your Electrical Mechanical Design and Installation

Check out our thread

Distribution boards
https://www.nairaland.com/2668061/abb-distibution-board-schneider-distribution/6

MEP installation
https://www.nairaland.com/1233943/contact-us-electrical-mechanical-plumbing/25

Cables
https://www.nairaland.com/2326721/nigerchin-kabelmetal-coleman-cables/23
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 11:07am On Apr 25, 2021
ibietela2:

they screw the roofing sheet on it, not nailing it.

You can't nail or secrew on woods trusses, but on aluminum or metal trusses carcass you can't nail, you can only secrew

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:17am On Apr 25, 2021
BrabusNG:

I must be lucky then. I’ve only bought 6k since November 2020 and I’m still having about 35% of the unit left in my account.

Though I have many stuffs running on DC and I don’t do my welds on PHCN no matter how small it is.

The only solar I have are exterior lights. I’m waiting to build my forever house before doing solar. The voltage I have is 80 to 110 volts so I run gen more than I should. To weld, pump water gen has to come on.

When I build my duplex I won’t even connect to PHCN.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:34am On Apr 25, 2021
hslbroker2:
good questions.

Doing pop before plastering is the best, because it will enable the plasterer to gauge and smooth all the edges of the pop design.

You mean something like this right? This is one of my bathroom and I intend to use supafix tile adhesive to install the wall tiles. No plastering!

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:37am On Apr 25, 2021
ibietela2:

For the record.

1) this is still rather unusual in the USA, Wood is used 90% of the time. Steel is more for partitioning spaces in a refurb.

2) dominion showed a whole estate in Nigeria that was built with steel studs.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:42am On Apr 25, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

The only solar I have are exterior lights. I’m waiting to build my forever house before doing solar. The voltage I have is 80 to 110 volts so I run gen more than I should. To weld, pump water gen has to come on.

When I build my duplex I won’t even connect to PHCN.

Tbh, PHCN is cheap if the billing is right.

Kiekie1’s servo stabilizer is something you’d really enjoy in this country. It regulates both the current and voltage perfectly well. Even my inverter is happier.

I’m looking at getting a 10 - 20kva for my house soon.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:45am On Apr 25, 2021
n3xt:

Tbh, PHCN is cheap if the billing is right.

Kiekie1’s servo stabilizer is something you’d really enjoy in this country. It regulates both the current and voltage perfectly well. Even my inverter is happier.

I’m looking at getting a 10 - 20kva for my house soon.

I actually own a renewable energy company �

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:46am On Apr 25, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

That’s cool! Off grid tinz.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:50am On Apr 25, 2021
n3xt:

That’s cool! Off grid tinz.

Yeah, wind and solar. Ran across an Australian returnee that uses aqua power for his block industry.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:54am On Apr 25, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Yeah, wind and solar. Ran across an Australian returnee that uses aqua power for his block industry.

You know I had a solar setup for my block industry in 2016 sir. That was when I bought DC pumping machine.

The industry is constantly evolving.

Change is inevitable and it’ll be cruel to those who are unprepared.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Fonyeri(m): 11:54am On Apr 25, 2021
We are available for all commercial and Residential painting services

We also do wall skimming"screeding"and decorative plaster finishes such as:-

Venetian plaster widely known as Stucco or marble plaster.
Swahili design
Istinto design
Travertino design
Crackle design
Metallic velvet
Dragon effect
Crocodile effect
Bagging design

We also do maintenance painting eg rising damp walls caused by water or moist.
Lets transform your spaces today.
We bring walls to life
Call us for a detailed finished job.
Call or WhatsApp 08053187000,08090699076.
Click on the link to see the videos of all our jobs.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/ndubuisi-onyeri-ab8aab110

https://www.facebook.com/Exquisite-Decorative-Concept-and-Painting-services-104874881356461/
Follow us to see our latest jobs update.
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 25, 2021
hslbroker2:
good questions.

Plumbing work is done before plastering because all the walls the plumber will break before laying the pipes must be cover with bricks and mortar by the plasterers.

Frames for doors must be available on site before plastering because if you don't provide it for the plasterers when they are plastering coming back for them to install the frame after plastering will cost you, time, energy and money.

Windows must be on site install, before plastering it save you money and it is the best ethic to get wonderful finishing.

After plastering is fixing of plumbing and electrical materials for the project.

Next to painting.

Thanks for the insight. I'm quite late to this forum. I guess it's never too late.

My house project is being handled by me. I'm just wondering which should come first between tiles and installation of toilets, showers, sinks and taps? I'm yet to sink the bore hole, though I'm being advised by folks to sink the bore hole and finish up the plumbing installations before tilling. My plumber on the other hand, thinks tiling before sinking bore hole and installation of toilets and the rest of them will not be a problem since the pipes have been well layed. I'm a little bit confused on this one since the Tiler is expected to begin work by Tuesday. Any advise on this will be appreciated please.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:57am On Apr 25, 2021
Fonyeri:
We are available for all commercial and Residential painting services

We also do wall skimming"screeding"and decorative plaster finishes such as:-

Venetian plaster widely known as Stucco or marble plaster.
Swahili design
Istinto design
Travertino design
Crackle design
Metallic velvet
Dragon effect
Crocodile effect
Bagging design

We also do maintenance painting eg rising damp walls caused by water or moist.
Lets transform your spaces today.
We bring walls to life
Call us for a detailed finished job.
Call or WhatsApp 08053187000,08090699076.
Click on the link to see the videos of all our jobs.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/ndubuisi-onyeri-ab8aab110

https://www.facebook.com/Exquisite-Decorative-Concept-and-Painting-services-104874881356461/
Follow us to see our latest jobs update.
Thanks

See this. I have someone who’s interested in making something like this.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 11:58am On Apr 25, 2021
BrabusNG:
Just in

There is an official increase in price of Lafarge Elephant cement.

Already, homeowners, builders and developers have been struggling to complete projects affected by the covid19 lockdown and inflation.

This official increase in cement price will put huge pressure on many builders and homeowners and in the coming weeks, many sites might come to a standstill due to this.

Hmmm

And the beat goes on
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 12:03pm On Apr 25, 2021
hslbroker2:
good questions.

Next to painting.

You will find your self blame for Doing POP ceiling BEFORE plastering, who does that.
Except you want to fix wall tiles on such surface which might NOT need plastering.

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:03pm On Apr 25, 2021
rmx:

Hmmm

And the beat goes on

grin

Las las you’ll do ReadyMix baba. That’s the only thing I’d recommend for a project like yours.

Call Lafarge and discuss. They might even have a batching plant near you.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 12:06pm On Apr 25, 2021
MrOkenwa:

Good day, pls what's the current price of stone coated roofing sheet?
Does it comes in various thickness like long span Aluminum?
I do see various designs, is one superior to another in terms of durability?
Thank you.

Bond and classic 3200 persqm

Milano,Roman, shake and Shingle 3,300 persqm

All are thesame Quality and thickness

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:23pm On Apr 25, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

These are the kind of stories I want to be reading here.

People exploring the alternatives. People tired of doing the norms.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 12:33pm On Apr 25, 2021
n3xt:

grin

Las las you’ll do ReadyMix baba. That’s the only thing I’d recommend for a project like yours.

Call Lafarge and discuss. They might even have a batching plant near you.

Immediately I read what you wrote , sent message to my people to get quote for 2 trailers and present to me tomorrow morning grin

Will ask the builder , is that option cheaper ? Me I Like having materials on ground , don’t want to be waiting with all this price fluctuations

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 12:55pm On Apr 25, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

this wonderful

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:08pm On Apr 25, 2021
rmx:

Immediately I read what you wrote , sent message to my people to get quote for 2 trailers and present to me tomorrow morning grin

Will ask the builder , is that option cheaper ? Me I Like having materials on ground , don’t want to be waiting with all this price fluctuations

You can discuss partnership with them sir. They’re very flexible and it’s a cheaper option in the long run. They charge per cubic m and other things like project scope/location/height etc determines the cost.

I’m trying to get the contact of my guy Uthman Shafau in Ewekoro who works in the Aggregates and Concrete Unit.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 1:55pm On Apr 25, 2021
WE BUY DEAD/SCRAP BATTERIES!!!

We also buy off scrap/dead deep cycle batteries from any state to Lagos(T&C applies) .

12v 200a ..... N16,000
12v 150a.......N12,000
12v 100a.......N8,000
2v 500a ......N5,500

If outside Lagos state , send the scrap batteries to your nearby Lagos park & get your payment alert immediately after confirmatory remarks from me with the transport company manager / secretary or driver .

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 2:13pm On Apr 25, 2021
n3xt:

You can discuss partnership with them sir. They’re very flexible and it’s a cheaper option in the long run. They charge per cubic m and other things like project scope/location/height etc determines the cost.

I’m trying to get the contact of my guy Uthman Shafau in Ewekoro who works in the Aggregates and Concrete Unit.

Ok Will be appreciated

But gone past the major concrete work , which was a 1700sqm over the basement parking , the rest Na moi moi

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 2:23pm On Apr 25, 2021
rmx:

Ok Will be appreciated

But gone past the major concrete work , which was a 1700sqm over the basement parking , the rest Na moi moi

Boss we will be glad we are called for the surface conduit work for this project,

Check the pictures below

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:24pm On Apr 25, 2021
rotecch77:

You will find your self blame for Doing POP ceiling BEFORE plastering, who does that.
Except you want to fix wall tiles on such surface which might NOT need plastering.

I won’t be quick to dispel his ideas though. There might be a new way to do things.

I know I’ve seen a building that was not plastered the traditional way we do stuffs. They just did the ceiling and the walls were screeded with a special mortar mix.

I’ll share video once I can get it. The solution was shared in one of our Affordable Housing conference.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mosefin19(m): 2:24pm On Apr 25, 2021
Make una help me my ogas here look at this material we have done foundation already

So to roofing level now this is d quotation am getting

All the price is too much I think

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 2:27pm On Apr 25, 2021
BrabusNG:

With the way price of building materials are going, it’s high time to start considering alternatives.

With N3.5 to N4m, I can achieve a 150sqm timber decking with solid wood finish.
I’d need more than N6m to achieve same using concrete when you consider the cost of tiles and the concrete slab.

Thinking mode activated for future projects.

I think changing our addiction to concrete will allow us to build more environmentally sustainable homes. I have some Timber decked home designs that I'm currently working on.
Something like a composite of concrete beams, timber joists, and decking wood.
The problem we currently have with the use of timber as a structural material is strength classification.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:29pm On Apr 25, 2021
abdulwastecx:

I think changing our addiction to concrete will allow us to build more environmentally sustainable homes. I have some Timber decked home designs that I'm currently working on.
The problem we currently have with the use of timber as a structural material is strength classification.

It’s been a while, please make some time to post Sir. Some of us appreciate your thesis.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 2:32pm On Apr 25, 2021
abdulwastecx:

Can you share the designs, looking for inspiration for a personal build

(1) (2) (3) ... (2149) (2150) (2151) (2152) (2153) (2154) (2155) ... (3678) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: rotecch77(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.