Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,723 members, 7,824,054 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2378) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4414838 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2375) (2376) (2377) (2378) (2379) (2380) (2381) ... (3671) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 7:39pm On Aug 13, 2021
n3xt:

Oh... I also saw this in Ibadan 2 weeks ago. It’s not POP, neither is it asbestos ceiling.
This will take over POP soon
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 7:50pm On Aug 13, 2021
n3xt:
The essence of the picture updates is to ensure everyone (client, supervisors and contractor) is on the same page.
When it comes to pictorial details, I learnt my lessons long time ago. Then, when I wasn't prudent with money, I used to buy a lot of designers shoes from online stores in Italy. Some of them, for one reason or another, I would end up not wanting to keep. These were expensive shoes, some I spend almost $500 to buy them. If they are too tight or too loose or don't fit my personality, I don't use them. What do I do? Returning was not a good option as I would have to pay expensive return shipping for international returns.

My best option would be to list them on ebay and even make a little higher than want I bought them for. This is where I learnt the importance of complete, detailed, all angle pictures. Because of certain policy, if a customer complains and it goes into dispute resolution, if it is the sellers fault, then the return shipping is on the seller. Same thing if the fault is from the buyer or the buyer just want to return because they changed their mind. So some buyers were taking advantage.

It happened that I had sold this beautiful suede boots to this guy on the platform. He wanted to keep the shoes and claimed that it was faulty. He went and poured some white powder on it and used maybe a washable marker to draw some marks on the shoes to make it look bad.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:54pm On Aug 13, 2021
sonnie10:

When it comes to pictorial details, I learnt my lessons long time ago. Then, when I wasn't prudent with money, I used to buy a lot of designers shoes from online stores in Italy. Some of them, for one reason or another, I would end up not wanting to keep. These were expensive shoes, some I spend almost $500 to buy them. If they are too tight or too loose or don't fit my personality, I don't use them. What do I do? Returning was not a good option as I would have to pay expensive return shipping for international returns.

My best option would be to list them on ebay and even make a little higher than want I bought them for. This is where I learnt the importance of complete, detailed, all angle pictures. Because of certain policy, if a customer complains and it goes into dispute resolution, if it is the sellers fault, then the return shipping is on the seller. Same thing if the fault is from the buyer or the buyer just want to return because they change their mind. So some buyers were taking advantage.

It happened that I had sold this beautiful suede boots to this guy on the platform. He wanted to keep the shoes and claim that it was faulty. He went and poured some white powder on it and uses maybe a washable marker to draw some marks on the shoes to make it look bad.

Unfortunately you didn’t take picture of the shoe from all angle grin grin

I really love this policy.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:55pm On Aug 13, 2021
erico2k2:

Maybe in the kobokobo market.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 8:00pm On Aug 13, 2021
n3xt:

Maybe in the kobokobo market.
lol Well, I think in the real market, just look how windows changed!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:04pm On Aug 13, 2021
erico2k2:

lol Well, I think in the real market, just look how windows changed!

Window changed? From what to what?

Has anything else dethroned Aluminum?

_______

The only Window change that I know of is Windows95 to WindowsXP grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 8:13pm On Aug 13, 2021
n3xt:

Window changed? From what to what?

Has anything else dethroned Aluminum?

_______

The only Window change that I know of is Windows95 to WindowsXP grin grin
the ones b4 aluminum
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:23pm On Aug 13, 2021
rotecch77:

This gate looks very good.
Well fabricated I must say

Thanks bro!

It seems I should be sharing these small small side hustle o.

That’s how someone just sent me N2k airtime this evening for the paint job done on the gate. grin

Thanks to the anonymous Oga who showed me love! I have more nicer pics to share o.
_______

Paint Colour: Smooth Finish Matt Black

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:26pm On Aug 13, 2021
erico2k2:

the ones b4 aluminum

Well, let’s hope so!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 8:42pm On Aug 13, 2021
/

What paint additives in the market do you use to kill moulds?

I mean those unsightly moulds on the wall after long period of exposure to damp environment.

Which ones have you used that work?

/
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:46pm On Aug 13, 2021
rotecch77:

Yes ooo it’s true o BUT the owner is a multi millionaire like you.

Oga mi na lie o. Those are unsubstantiated rumors. Me that’s a one block per year builder cheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 8:55pm On Aug 13, 2021
erico2k2:

dont think so.. pop has so many varieties this doesnt..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by TEQ365VENTURES(m): 9:00pm On Aug 13, 2021
Good evening, I need the advice of professional builders. I have a small size 4 bedroom duplex project I’m working on a 50by50 area of land. So my engineers says on the ground floor we re using 9 inch blocks for the external walls and 6 inch blocks for internal walls(demarcation). Then the first floor would be 6 inch walls both external and internal walls. Is this ok?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by veekid(m): 9:03pm On Aug 13, 2021
Jalofun:
Is for we wey be low income earners.. Kobo kobo project with nice finishing..
you know of anyone that can install that?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by emmyN(m): 10:54pm On Aug 13, 2021
erico2k2:

Actually it's not new. I think it existed before POP became in vogue. I don't see it taking over though.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 11:15pm On Aug 13, 2021
bolu1986:
dont think so.. pop has so many varieties this doesnt..
If you think from where I am thinking from you will notice all what is needed is moulds, once more moulds come out, we will be able to achieve designs POP cant match, another good example is the pre cast v cast parapet.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 11:15pm On Aug 13, 2021
emmyN:

Actually it's not new. I think it existed before POP became in vogue. I don't see it taking over though.
This is very true same as the windows, however its inovation that warrant us to chose diff materials for same job
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 11:17pm On Aug 13, 2021
Always examine the front and the backside before you hit the home run. E get why!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 11:19pm On Aug 13, 2021
erico2k2:

No way

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 11:21pm On Aug 13, 2021
coldcandy:

No way
if more designs hit the market??
how about if someone creates a mould as flat pack

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 11:52pm On Aug 13, 2021
n3xt:

Thanks bro!

It seems I should be sharing these small small side hustle o.

That’s how someone just sent me N2k airtime this evening for the paint job done on the gate. grin

Thanks to the anonymous Oga who showed me love! I have more nicer pics to share o.
_______

Paint Colour: Smooth Finish Matt Black

I Love the Matt, hmmnn urgent 2k

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 6:17am On Aug 14, 2021
megacontrol:
Great.
When do you anticipate you will be delivering those?

The job(s) is/are still far off, at least a couple of weeks. Just trying to plan ahead.

Well done.

hi good morning sir. I intend to visit Lagos this coming week. If it's ok,we can make use of this window of opportunity.

Stay safe and enjoy the weekend
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 7:13am On Aug 14, 2021
I need this rain shower bathroom accessory.

Who has it?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:25am On Aug 14, 2021

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Wilotek: 8:52am On Aug 14, 2021
MONEY SAVING TIPS FOR CONTRACTORS
Hi. it's better to purchase your electrical materials directly from the electrical dealer than to allow your electrician do the buying. This way, you can avoid the electrician increasing the prices.
Wilotek discount electricals supplies original electrical materials for buildings. Cables and wires, switches and sockets, boards, lights etc. Nationwide delivery 08024416878.
Shop 30/30 St Patrick's Junction Alaba International Lagos
Whatsapp
https:///message/EEQI7C3VN7S5E1

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Wilotek: 8:55am On Aug 14, 2021
mufutau55:
Off-Topic Thread - To Discuss Anything and Everything that doesn't fit into an individual thread.
Let's discuss everything pertaining to Building Constructions, Real estate and some more.

Note: Please no products or services advertisements... there are plenty of other threads for that already. No buying and selling on this thread.

Hajji M.

MONEY SAVING TIPS FOR CONTRACTORS
Hi. it's better to purchase your electrical materials directly from the electrical dealer than to allow your electrician do the buying. This way, you can avoid the electrician increasing the prices.
Wilotek discount electricals supplies original electrical materials for buildings. Cables and wires, switches and sockets, boards, lights etc. Nationwide delivery 08024416878.
Shop 30/30 St Patrick's Junction Alaba International Lagos
Whatsapp
https:///message/EEQI7C3VN7S5E1
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by checkmatez: 8:56am On Aug 14, 2021
Good day engineers in the house
Had a duplex project that was pause but willing to continue now. The house have been plastered ( ground floor been plastered but first floor haven't) but not yet wired and no provision for conduit wiring was made, please how do I go about it( to do the conduit pipe for wiring both ground and first floor).

Note* it has also been roofed but Pop board or ceiling boards have not been installed

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:16am On Aug 14, 2021
checkmatez:
Good day engineers in the house
Had a duplex project that was pause but willing to continue now. The house have been plastered ( ground floor been plastered but first floor haven't) but not yet wired and no provision for conduit wiring was made, please how do I go about it( to do the conduit pipe for wiring both ground and first floor).

Note* it has also been roofed but Pop board or ceiling boards have not been installed

You mean no decking piping?

Well there is going to be a lot of breaking o if your want to do conduit.. might probably settle for surface piping

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by February30(m): 9:37am On Aug 14, 2021
*Pepe Properties Allies* is _strictly_ for *Real Estate Agents*

*Join WhatsApp Group* =>> https:///EmaYM7dsR7x0fDIKxV5Oi0

*Join Facebook Group* ===> https://www./731880133551691/
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 10:44am On Aug 14, 2021
Vodox:
Good morning senior colleagues,
Please can a Civil Engineer get his COREN certificate while doing his pupilage under an Architect?

IS POSSIBLE.. BUT YOU NEED TO DO MORE OF THE ENGINEERING ASPECT OF BUILDING CONSTRUCTION AS A WHOLE...

NO KNOWLEGDE IS LOSS IN THE BUILDING INDUSTRY.. TRY TO LEARN FROM ALL PROFFESSIONALS IN THE INDUSTRY ...

LASTLY... WHEN PRESENTING YOUR DOCUMENTS FOR COREN CERTIFICATE... GET ALREADY REGISTERED ENGINEERS TO SIGN FOR YOU..

MY TWO CENT...

ENGR. GBENGA

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:00am On Aug 14, 2021
twinskenny:

You mean no decking piping?

Well there is going to be a lot of breaking o if your want to do conduit.. might probably settle for surface piping

In Ghana, I think, they run the piping on the floor.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 2roll(m): 12:51pm On Aug 14, 2021
diordaves:

As you dey give your thanks, just know say decking different from decking which can lead to the number and types of rods needed. Decking is not all about size. Two decking can be of the same size but with huge difference in cost outcome due to design and best practice applications.

Note this before you take on your builder.

Well noted bro. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2375) (2376) (2377) (2378) (2379) (2380) (2381) ... (3671) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Stamford007(m), dangoteinlaw, OkanlawonB(m), Godisgreatest1 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.