Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2528) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4393321 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2525) (2526) (2527) (2528) (2529) (2530) (2531) ... (3668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 10:33am On Oct 17, 2021
DanPix:
Good morning everyone,
I bought a land from a real estate firm around April. They told me the survey plan would be ready in 3 months(july). It is October now and I am yet to get the survey plan. Does getting a survey plan take this long? What should I do pls? I have the deed.

Call them and ask them for the reason. Since your details are sketchy, you might not get feedbacks.E.g. What state? What local govt? Name of company?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bigrovar(m): 10:39am On Oct 17, 2021
n3xt:

It’s nice catching up with a home theater hobbyist. I’ve been a member of avsforum for more than 2 decades.

Dolby Atmos is a big name to consider if you want to heighten your home cinema surround sound experience.

Bros we are not many in this parts. I currently use a 5.4.2 Dolby Atmos speaker system from Samsung. Bros watching Dolby content has been a life changer. Movies like Gravity, Saving Private Ryan, Lord of The Rings Have been a joy to watch in Atmos. It brings the room alive.

The height sound is so immersive they are times I find myself move my head to avoid an helicopter flying over head. Or look up at the ceiling to check for electric spike or window if it is raining.. Glad that Apple is heavily promoting height sounds so we would see more speakers supporting this great feature.

My goal for next year is to upgrade the TV to 75 inch using LED tech with lots of local dimming to reduce blooming. I don't have money for a dedicated home theatre system but I would get good automated blinds that convers the windows automatically when a movie is being played. (Using home assistant)

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 11:06am On Oct 17, 2021
bigrovar:

Wow nice one. Would be interesting to know the speaker system to be deployed. One of my fun hobbies is home speaker and audio system.

It is incredibly hard to get modern cinema Audi system in Nigeria likes of in ceiling Dolby Atmos or DTSX native 7.4.2 speaker systems is hard to find unless you are bringing from abroad

Been setting up home automation for sometime now.. I usually import all my speakers and amp

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:07am On Oct 17, 2021
bigrovar:

Bros we are not many in this parts. I currently use a 5.4.2 Dolby Atmos speaker system from Samsung. Bros watching Dolby content has been a life changer. Movies like Gravity, Saving Private Ryan, Lord of The Rings Have been a joy to watch in Atmos. It brings the room alive.

The height sound is so immersive they are times I find myself move my head to avoid an helicopter flying over head. Or look up at the ceiling to check for electric spike or window if it is raining.. Glad that Apple is heavily promoting height sounds so we would see more speakers supporting this great feature.

My goal for next year is to upgrade the TV to 75 inch using LED tech with lots of local dimming to reduce blooming. I don't have money for a dedicated home theatre system but I would get good automated blinds that convers the windows automatically when a movie is being played. (Using home assistant)

grin grin

We only gat one life, live it to the fullest!

One of my bosses is doing 83” Ai ThinQ Smart TV and I’m like “Should we do that thing for him ni?” grin
I’ll just give him the simplest Dolby Atmos setup - HomePod 15.1 + Apple TV 4K - for lossless audio.

_____
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Erums(m): 11:07am On Oct 17, 2021
n3xt:

Give him 80 bags

Let’s assume you’re using 4 bags per room which is impossible. 80 bags would do fine regardless the size of your project.

Main Lounge - 2
Bedrooms - 5
Kitchen - 2
Dining - 2
Ante Room - 2
Toilets - 7

Does this cover for the outside areas too?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:08am On Oct 17, 2021
Erums:

Does this cover for the outside areas too?

Yes sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 11:10am On Oct 17, 2021
Focusmind:

Have you seen sample of Alucoboard made gate before? It would be interesting to see that. The finishing will look more beautiful but the durability may not be good.

Over to you n3xt. Take on the challenge

I haven't seen it before..

But I know its possible.

Michlins, Muyesky, and other guys can take up the challenge too..

I'm currently working on using flat bars for laser cut design..

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 11:17am On Oct 17, 2021
RockOfAgesAlumi:

Good evening boss
Casement window with burglary and net with blue glass and 12mm rod
1200 x 1450-50k
1000 x 1450-47k
900 x 1450-45k
200 x 1450-30k
600 x 700-25k
Thanks

The material is thick imported, right?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 11:19am On Oct 17, 2021
bigrovar:

Thanks bro. Money good o just a bit over my budget sha. My sweet spot is around 500k for double front door and single back door sad

Is there a chance I can get a strong reliable security door. Doesn't have to be bullet proof. (I believe whatever would make someone shoot at your door, it's better you just open it for them. Your security is already compromised. Such person can easy come through the roof or shoot through the windows)

I am sure there are doors that will cost around or below N500,000 total for both the double and single. As long at they are normal sized 2100mm height (7feet) doors. This used to sell for about N170,000 around early 2021. The 3 feet version of it sold for about N95,000 back then.

There are also metal plate types that I used in some past projects. I will look for more pictures later.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by walexProjects(m): 11:24am On Oct 17, 2021
DanPix:
Good morning everyone,
I bought a land from a real estate firm around April. They told me the survey plan would be ready in 3 months(july). It is October now and I am yet to get the survey plan. Does getting a survey plan take this long? What should I do pls? I have the deed.

Hello sir, It's not supposed to take that long.
You need to go back to the company and complain.
If it's still not ready,ask if you can bring in your own surveyor to do the needful.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 11:28am On Oct 17, 2021
[quote author=KolaShangOne post=106811590]

The material is thick imported, right?[/quote
No sir
Important materials and it is okay
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 11:28am On Oct 17, 2021
Hello I need this machine
Compression testing machine about 2000kn
Anybody with good price should kindly reach out to me
Thanks

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 11:29am On Oct 17, 2021
KolaShangOne:

The material is thick imported, right?
No sir
Imported material and it is okay sir
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Theyrem: 11:39am On Oct 17, 2021

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 12:43pm On Oct 17, 2021
n3xt:

Alucoboard is not my thing though. Even stainless steel gates is not something I’m likely to consider too for finishing and strength.

I’d have taken up the challenge but my plate dey full right now. However, there are cool alucoboard sturvs to explore at Qualitik’s in Dopemu, Lagos.

https://www.qualitiks-mart.com/

Na there I dey do my perspex acrylic sheet, polycarbonate, foamboards, wood composite etc.
these things are beautiful

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:04pm On Oct 17, 2021
michlins:
these things are beautiful

Yeah!

For those in search for quality woods without worries and stress, you can check out woods.ng

I’ve been doing them for years. You can order online and they’ll deliver to you a made-to-measure order.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Yansham: 1:28pm On Oct 17, 2021
DanPix:
Good morning everyone,

If you have the Deed of Assignment, was the survey plan not quoted in it? Confirm that what you have is a Deed of Assignment and not a Contract of Sales.

On one hand, the reason the survey plan isn't ready is that the real estate company does not even have a registered survey plan of the parcel of land in their name. What most of them do is to buy a large parcel of land from Omo-onile on credit and remit to them as they sell. The only document they have at this point is the Contract of Sales.

It is until they have finished paying for the land before they can execute a Deed of Assignment and a survey plan in their name.

Until this happens, you can't get a physical allocation of your land and necessary documents such as the Deed of Assignment and Survey Plan (which you are worried about).

On the other hand, it might be a case of land without an appropriate title.

You need to find out which is applicable.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bigrovar(m): 2:11pm On Oct 17, 2021
twinskenny:

Been setting up home automation for sometime now.. I usually import all my speakers and amp
This is the way if you care for quality home theatre audio Available in the market is appalling the best audio system sold by Fuani house (primary dealer of LG) is a dated 5.2 system that was discontinued sometimes in 2015 by LG and does not even support 4k.

For home automation. I have it integrated with my solar energy management system. The system is set to prioritise the cheapest source of power available at any given time.

Solar if solar is not available then grid if grid is not available then battery if battery drops below a voltage set point then generator.

I also use sonof smart switch to turn off heavy duty appliances like freezers during heavy rain and cloudy. Days when solar is not sufficient.

The whole setup is self running without human intervention mostly DIYed using open source tools like home assistant and some python scripts.

For home entertainment. I have a 60 Terabyte storage system
16TB for an active Network Attached Storage configured in redundant array for fail over in case any one drive fails.

There is a 10Tb active backup of 16tb storage
And 30tb cold storage full of backed up content.

Movies are automatically downloaded by a torrent tracker and saved to the NAS. This means over 2k movies in 1080p and 4ƙ ( including most classics like all James Bond release, all Harry Potter , complete star wars, complete marvel cinematic)

Complete Season of Voltron classic (84)
Muppet babies
Super Ted
Courage The Cowardly dog etc

Internet is handled via fibre for now. However I would be moving to a new place which doesn't have finer so so am preparing a dual SIM cat6 external LTE router which would have MTN and Airtel in failover mode for Internet. The external LTE router comes built in with a 9Dbi gain antenna allowing it pick signals 14km away.

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 2:19pm On Oct 17, 2021
bigrovar:

This is the way if you care for quality home theatre audio Available in the market is appalling the best audio system sold by Fuani house (primary dealer of LG) is a dated 5.2 system that was discontinued sometimes in 2015 by LG and does not even support 4k.

For home automation. I have it integrated with my solar energy management system. The system is set to prioritise the cheapest source of power available at any given time.

Solar if solar is not available then grid if grid is not available then battery if battery drops below a voltage set point then generator.

I also use sonof smart switch to turn off heavy duty appliances like freezers during heavy rain and cloudy. Days when solar is not sufficient.

The whole setup is self running without human intervention mostly DIYed using open source tools like home assistant and some python scripts.

16TB for an active Network Attached Storage configured in redundant array for fail over in case any one drive fails.

Movies are automatically downloaded by a torrent tracker and saved to the NAS. This means over 2k movies in 1080p and 4ƙ ( including most classics like all James Bond release, all Harry Potter , complete star wars, complete marvel cinematic)

Muppet babies
Super Ted

Internet is handled via fibre for now. However I would be moving to a new place which doesn't have finer so so am preparing a dual SIM cat6 external LTE router which would have MTN and Airtel in failover mode for Internet. The external LTE router comes built in with a 9Dbi gain antenna allowing it pick signals 14km away.

This is Nice
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bigrovar(m): 3:20pm On Oct 17, 2021
Hey my Oga in the house. Please what type of tank stand is appropriate for a bungalow with not more than 2000l water tank. The total height would be 6 Meters (19 feet)

Would steel pipes be ideal or H Beams
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Elderniercri(m): 4:08pm On Oct 17, 2021
Hello house, my plumber gave me this list to buy for a house we’re building for my aunt abroad, she just wants the price…please I want to find out the average cost of these things

Please it’s urgent as I need to get these things tomorrow

29 (6m) pipes
6 (6m) bend
2 (2m) pipes
5 (2m) band
2 ( ) gum
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BiigTee: 4:21pm On Oct 17, 2021
Good evening to all Esteemed engineers on this platform.. I have a quick question.. Does a building having chain lintel require a roof beam again?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 4:28pm On Oct 17, 2021
Elderniercri:
Hello house, my plumber gave me this list to buy for a house we’re building for my aunt abroad, she just wants the price…please I want to find out the average cost of these things

Please it’s urgent as I need to get these things tomorrow

29 (6m) pipes
6 (6m) bend
2 (2m) pipes
5 (2m) band
2 ( ) gum

The size of the pipe is not stated in your message . Is it 2in(50mm) pipe, 4inch(100mm pipe) . He only quote the length of pipe and quantity
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:32pm On Oct 17, 2021
bigrovar:

[b]The whole setup is self running without human intervention mostly DIYed using open source tools like home assistant and some python scripts.

Muppet babies
Super Ted

Internet is handled via fibre for now. However I would be moving to a new place which doesn't have finer so so am preparing a dual SIM cat6 external LTE router which would have MTN and Airtel in failover mode for Internet. The external LTE router comes built in with a 9Dbi gain antenna allowing it pick signals 14km away.[/b]

Oshey! The street is calling me back. See redundancy cool

The last time I met people like you was when I managed the backend during MainOne’s launch dubbed “Feel The Impact Promo” at The Palms Mall, Lekki.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyesky(m): 4:55pm On Oct 17, 2021
KolaShangOne:

I haven't seen it before..

But I know its possible.

Michlins, Muyesky, and other guys can take up the challenge too..

I'm currently working on using flat bars for laser cut design..

For fancy, yes very possible. For durability and security wise, not 100% advisable.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KIDfurniture(m): 5:04pm On Oct 17, 2021
Brother plz drop me ur WhatsApp line Biko..

smiley
rotecch77:
@ Arbo contractor Ltd
We say happy Sunday to you all.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by melotech(m): 5:57pm On Oct 17, 2021
Can someone give me quotation for building a soak away that is 10 by 10by 10 ft
I want it to be demarcated one place for water the other for shit
Number of block cement
Iron
And granite to use
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KelvinCoaster(m): 6:02pm On Oct 17, 2021
bigrovar:

Muppet babies
Super Ted

Wow...
These sound like scientific fiction!

The whole system is self running without human intervention, movies are automatically downloaded,
The system prioritises the cheapest source of power available!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jumyg: 6:09pm On Oct 17, 2021
Beware of Segzy14, (an engineer here) he has no integrity, he is a thief and a liar.
One chance engineer.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Elderniercri(m): 6:28pm On Oct 17, 2021
topsy23:

The size of the pipe is not stated in your message . Is it 2in(50mm) pipe, 4inch(100mm pipe) . He only quote the length of pipe and quantity

Which of them is the size
Inches? Or the mm
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 6:48pm On Oct 17, 2021
KIDfurniture:
Brother plz drop me ur WhatsApp line Biko..

smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (2525) (2526) (2527) (2528) (2529) (2530) (2531) ... (3668) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sonnie10 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.