Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2690) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4391599 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2687) (2688) (2689) (2690) (2691) (2692) (2693) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dapotemi: 11:10am On Jan 03, 2022
n3xt:

Conflicts are inevitable part of our daily living. They do not need to ruin or redefine our relationship with people. They just need to be addressed and resolved rather than allowing our frustrations to build up because issues are not maturely addressed.

I’m not here to discuss who was right or wrong. Who ought to call or not. We just need to move forward.

I understand this hence the reason I didn’t bother to ring you the 3rd time. I could have called earlier but I was on my way traveling that night.

I could have done 1st and 2nd Jan but I know those are days we would be busy with our families and loved ones.

If you ask me as a neutral person, what’s the best way to deal with the issues at hand? I’d say “Have a conversation (one-on-one) with the other person involved.”

Unfortunately my Whatsapp messenger app has been acting funny lately and your request to me was to do a voice note which shows to me you might be busy or not ready for an open discussion.

Avoiding open discussion is not only dysfunctional. It is counterproductive.

When we refuse to communicate, simple misunderstandings often degenerate into long-term and systemic challenges like we are right now....

...speak with the QS
...speak with Mr Fortune
...explain to nairaland

To make things clear, I don’t do “we” against “them” and I don’t assume other people’s position. When issues arise, I deal with them.

Calling a client at 11pm!!! A text saying you just got to your destination and you will call the next day would have been better.

You don't have biz with what he's doing with his family on 1st and 2nd, Just make the damn call please...Stop all of this!

Now this is irritating!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 11:12am On Jan 03, 2022
n3xt:

Conflicts are inevitable part of our daily living. They do not need to ruin or redefine our relationship with people. They just need to be addressed and resolved rather than allowing our frustrations to build up because issues are not maturely addressed.

I’m not here to discuss who was right or wrong. Who ought to call or not. We just need to move forward.

I understand this hence the reason I didn’t bother to ring you the 3rd time. I could have called earlier but I was on my way traveling that night.

I could have done 1st and 2nd Jan but I know those are days we would be busy with our families and loved ones.

If you ask me as a neutral person, what’s the best way to deal with the issues at hand? I’d say “Have a conversation (one-on-one) with the other person involved.”

Unfortunately my Whatsapp messenger app has been acting funny lately and your request to me was to do a voice note which shows to me you might be busy or not ready for an open discussion.

When we refuse to communicate, simple misunderstandings often degenerate into long-term and systemic challenges like we are right now....

...speak with the QS
...speak with Mr Fortune
...explain to nairaland

To make things clear, I don’t do “we” against “them” and I don’t assume other people’s position. When issues arise, I deal with them.

Show good faith with a partial refund for a start.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 11:13am On Jan 03, 2022
Where A's rights begin, B's ends.

If you have anything to say please feel free to say it.

Freedom of speech goes both ways.

Absolutely no one has a right to stifle your speech on this platform.

Even if others don't like what you say. Or prefer you said something else.

You can say anything on any topic whatever
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KelvinCoaster(m): 11:14am On Jan 03, 2022
n3xt:

...speak with the QS
...speak with Mr Fortune
...explain to nairaland

N3xt,
Happy new year!

What everybody here want to read from you now is that you've made a refund of XYZ amount!
Can you just do that transfer?
If it's N2M or N1,073M refund,just pay-in...

Thanks in anticipation!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ohsars2506: 11:39am On Jan 03, 2022
life Acrylic wall screeding Putty is use in place of POP for screeding exterior and interior walls.this product is ready to use. it is a paste that is easy to apply, water resistant, resistance to hairline cracks, quick-drying, resistant to weathering and its an anti fungus and anti algae agent, which also provides a smooth and sophisticated finish. Indicated for leveling and correcting plain, exterior imperfections on plasterwork, plaster of Paris, masonry, , concrete, concrete and walls surfaces painted with latex, PVA or acrylic paints. It has a coverage of 50 square meter per coat.
Call 08101045154
To place your order.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by henrymor: 1:14pm On Jan 03, 2022
Good afternoon my amazing people.

Thank you for always providing us with helpful advice.

Please, I need advice about a water tank stand. I have power showers in my house and the plumber suggested that I should make the stand 14ft because of pressure.

When I contacted my welder he said it will cost me 280k to get it done. The issue is I don't plan to spend that huge amount on a storex stand.

When I asked around, some people said I should use the normal height and use a pressure pump.

Please, what do you suggest I do to cut cost and still achieve enough pressure and water stand durability.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by henrymor: 1:28pm On Jan 03, 2022

Please, I need advice about a water tank stand. I have power showers in my house and the plumber suggested that I should make the stand 14ft because of pressure.

When I contacted my welder he said it will cost me 280k (galvanize) to get it done. The issue is I don't plan to spend that huge amount on a storex stand.

When I asked around, some people said I should use the normal height and use a pressure pump.

Please, what do you suggest I do to cut cost and still achieve enough pressure and water stand durability.

Thanks

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by vanbonattel: 1:34pm On Jan 03, 2022
hslbroker2:
I dey tell u make u no mention my name again, I don't know anything you people are talking about, for the last time I dey warn you and people dey here dey see say u dey pass your boundaries with your stupidities

Really? grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by henrymor: 1:43pm On Jan 03, 2022

When I contacted my welder he said it will cost me 280k to get it done. The issue is I don't plan to spend that huge amount on a storex stand.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by vanbonattel: 1:56pm On Jan 03, 2022
KelvinCoaster:

N3xt,
Happy new year!

What everybody here want to read from you now is that you've made a refund of XYZ amount!
Can you just do that transfer?
If it's N2M or N1,073M refund,just pay-in...

Thanks in anticipation!

Supported.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 2:16pm On Jan 03, 2022
henrymor:

Thanks

Do the normal height and use a pressure pump the best for you sir. Follow this advice you won't regret.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by vanbonattel: 2:23pm On Jan 03, 2022
hslbroker2:

Do the normal height and use a pressure pump the best for you sir. Follow this advice you won't regret.

Criminal minded people shouldn't be allowed to give advice here. They may give criminal advice grin

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 2:33pm On Jan 03, 2022
vanbonattel:

Criminal minded people shouldn't be allowed to give advice here. They may give criminal advice grin

I dey sorry for you, you want to start this year like with this stupidity, you will end it with your stupidities.

I just dey pity your parents

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 2:34pm On Jan 03, 2022
vanbonattel:

If u want to put me inside what I don't belong, na your grave you dey look so mumu. I dey pity you

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 2:37pm On Jan 03, 2022
vanbonattel:

You are stubborn, what u don't know or have anything to do with, they will rope u with it, it maybe murder, or robbery, for you to keep acting stupid, your stupidities will carry you to where u don't want. Continue, I dey pity u,mention me again if I won't swear for you mumu
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 2:41pm On Jan 03, 2022
vanbonattel:

I come peace, but u come with hell, hell maybe your portion if u don't mind yourself
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 2:41pm On Jan 03, 2022
henrymor:

Thanks

Use a pressure or booster pump to have good pressure BUT your plumber need to confirm that quality pipes are used for the internal water supply line

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by vanbonattel: 2:41pm On Jan 03, 2022
hslbroker2:

You are stubborn, what u don't know or have anything to do with, they will rope u with it, it maybe murder, or robbery, for you to keep acting stupid, your stupidities will carry you to where u don't want. Continue, I dey pity u,mention me again if I won't swear for you mumu

Slow down buddy, we have a very loooooooong one week of fights. grin

Just remember say na you cause am.

My position be say, stop giving any advice tainted with criminality here.

Signed:
Senior police officer.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by vanbonattel: 2:46pm On Jan 03, 2022
hslbroker2:

I come peace, but u come with hell, hell maybe your portion if u don't mind yourself

Shebi na you draw battle line so?

Ohk grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 2:54pm On Jan 03, 2022
topsy23:

Use a pressure or booster pump to have good pressure BUT your plumber need to confirm that quality pipes are used for the internal water supply line

If not, there will be leakages inside the walls as a result of the pressure.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by vanbonattel: 2:59pm On Jan 03, 2022
KolaShangOne:

If not, there will be leakages inside the walls as a result of the pressure.

topsy23:

These guys are good legit ppl. Continue to be honest.

Can you point me to a very good architect, seems like I wan build one house for my girlfriend grin

Is this the right sector to post this question

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by vanbonattel: 3:02pm On Jan 03, 2022
Abudu2000:
who will desist them from posting? An admin that belongs to their cult . Smh they have a WhatsApp group where they plan on how to highjack clients and defraud them here. Scroll back 200pages and its their comments and pics. Their mouth too sharp, any topic they always have a project they have done that is just like it.

Next won't pay a cent infact if he pays a dime of that money the mod should ban me for a year. He didn't pay the previous ones how then will somehow get this one. This is the same time buying tactics just as before.

Clients here only want to patronize the big names eg spyder and the rest but when issues arrises they now want the small names to sort it out for them.

Somehow you have learnt now, properties section has been turned into a cult and they play their script very well.

I am electing myself as the unofficial mod for this section. grin

Wanna deal with them fraudsters.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by henrymor: 3:06pm On Jan 03, 2022
Thank you very much sir. I used the thickest pipes throughout so I can't have speaking problem if I use the pump . What is the normal hight please?

topsy23:

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 3:07pm On Jan 03, 2022
henrymor:

Thanks

Two things are involved here.
You want good pressure and you are in tight budget

Follow this step.
Lesser cost of scaffolding at around 150-200k for 10ft or so
Add cost of pressure pump @ 35-45k
Add ruining cost per year let’s say 12k
Total around 265k or so then you have good pressure

Disadvantages
-No light no pressure
-Substandard plumbing work will result to Leakages
-running cost of the pump ( repair, nepa bill)

Advantages
Good pressure
Lesser time to filled up any container or bathing time.

Good hight like 14ft as suggested cost 280k
Advantages
-Zero running cost
-One time cost ( construction cost)
-nearly zero fear of plumbing issue

I will advise you to go for 280k one time spent at 14ft with 0.1-0.5bar water pressure is adequate for you.

Unless you have good plumbing work from beginning then you can think of pressure pump.

11 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by henrymor: 3:07pm On Jan 03, 2022
Thank you very much. I appreciate you.

hslbroker2:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 3:11pm On Jan 03, 2022
henrymor:

Thanks

I will "close eye" and do the 14ft. But that's me. What about you?

I suggest YOU should go about it this way: find the marginal cost. Find marginal cost ke? Jamb question. The thing simple.

We know that the cost of the 14ft is 280k.

So what is the cost of the "normal stand" ?

So what is the difference between the 14ft and the normal? And then weigh this against the cost of the pressure pump, installation cost and electricity running cost over the lifetime of the pressure pump. If the cost is equal to 280k, jejely do the 14ft. It is cheaper over the lifetime of the project.

For example if the difference between the 14ft and normal stand is 100k and the pressure pump and installation cost is 80k, you are not saving anything. The 14ft is cheaper.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by henrymor: 3:12pm On Jan 03, 2022
Wow! Thanks for this advice. We used the thickest pipes for the interior. I would have gone for the 280k stand but my budget is very tight and we need to complete the remaining areas of the project and pack there by month end.

If using the normal height with pressure pump will work for me as suggested by the other excellent advisers I think I should follow it. Or what do you suggest?

rotecch77:

Two things are involved here.
You want good pressure and you are in tight budget

Follow this step.
Lesser cost of scaffolding at around 150-200k for 10ft or so
Add cost of pressure pump @ 35-45k
Add ruining cost per year let’s say 12k
Total around 265k or so then you have good pressure

Disadvantages
-No light no pressure
-Substandard plumbing work will result to Leakages
-running cost of the pump ( repair, nepa bill)

Advantages
Good pressure
Lesser time to filled up any container or bathing time.

Good hight like 14ft as suggested cost 280k
Advantages
-Zero running cost
-One time cost ( construction cost)
-nearly zero fear of plumbing issue

I will advise you to go for 280k one time spent at 14ft with 0.1-0.5bar water pressure is adequate for you.

Unless you have good plumbing work from beginning then you can think of pressure pump.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by henrymor: 3:15pm On Jan 03, 2022
Thank you so much. Actually I haven't found out the cost of a normal one. What do you think about going for the block one or iron stand?

diordaves:

I will "close eye" and do the 14ft. But that's me. What about you?

I suggest YOU should go about it this way: find the marginal cost. Find marginal cost ke? Jamb question. The thing simple.

We know that the cost of the 14ft is 280k.

So what is the cost of the "normal stand" ?

So what is the difference between the 14ft and the normal? And then weigh this against the cost of the pressure pump, installation cost and electricity running cost over the lifetime of the pressure pump. If the cost is equal to 280k, jejely do the 14ft. It is cheaper over the lifetime of the project.

For example if the difference between the 14ft and normal stand is 100k and the pressure pump and installation cost is 80k, you are not saving anything. The 14ft is cheaper.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 3:15pm On Jan 03, 2022
henrymor:
Thank you very much sir. I used the thickest pipes throughout so I can't have speaking problem if I use the pump . What is the normal hight please?

Is project a storey building or a bungalow

If it's a storey building let the height be same height of your building..

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by henrymor: 3:17pm On Jan 03, 2022
It is a bungalow with high elevation.
topsy23:

Is project a storey building or a bungalow

If it's a storey building let the height be same height of your building..

(1) (2) (3) ... (2687) (2688) (2689) (2690) (2691) (2692) (2693) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.