Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2700) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4397927 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2697) (2698) (2699) (2700) (2701) (2702) (2703) ... (3668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:15pm On Jan 07, 2022
topsy23:

That's 10,000Litres altogether. Kudos to you
every kobo spent right now must achieve the highest possible outcome. It's very hard making money this time around

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:16pm On Jan 07, 2022
PrimeQuay:
Good evening house, it seems prices are back on the rise ; regarding cement. My supplier just called alerting me of a pending increase again.

Last I bought was 3,700 now it’s 3,900 less that 2 months interval. (Direct from lafarge)

If anyone is interested in splitting 800 bags(400/400) around the lekki axis. Let me know.

Less than 2 month. God will help us in this country.

If Buhari remove subsidy as planned ending of this month or February price of things will go up again.

Pls try to buy some materials this January if you have the money. I know January is the longest month in the history of calendar grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:21pm On Jan 07, 2022
michlins:
every kobo spent right now must achieve the highest possible outcome. It's very hard making money this time around

Yes you right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:34pm On Jan 07, 2022
topsy23:

Less than 2 month. God will help us in this country.

If Buhari remove subsidy as planned ending of this month or February price of things will go up again.

Pls try to buy some materials this January if you have the money. I know January is the longest month in the history of calendar grin
comrade lower your voice. I have pending quotations that I am yet to be mobilized for because of funds. No tension clients make Dem no move money from real estate development to cryptocurrency
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:35pm On Jan 07, 2022
PrimeQuay:
Good evening house, it seems prices are back on the rise ; regarding cement. My supplier just called alerting me of a pending increase again.

Last I bought was 3,700 now it’s 3,900 less that 2 months interval. (Direct from lafarge)

If anyone is interested in splitting 800 bags(400/400) around the lekki axis. Let me know.

Cc Somehow’s
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:35pm On Jan 07, 2022
michlins:
comrade lower your voice. I have pending quotations that I am yet to be mobilized for because of funds. No tension clients make Dem no move money from real estate development to cryptocurrency

Lolzz grin grin grin angry grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 8:54pm On Jan 07, 2022
mountmoriah:

My bosses in the house took those words already from my mouth before I could reply you sir, they now use cellous and cement but we just still call it asbestos, that is why we still have Nigerite, like oga registerin pointed out

This what we must condemn or educate whoever we see doing this mentioned in quote above, destroying the old ones, by act of crushing it and using it as rubble's on the road, some resident will be happy, some will even be thanking the person that did it, not knowing, that person doing such a thing unknowingly to him or herself as well is polluting and exposing that environment to cancer, and this act should be totally condemn and stop, this an eyes openers, kudos to the bosses above me for sharing this @stopthecap
Actually, it requires a huge amount of exposure, and inhalation of a great amount of asbestos before it could be cancerous.
The amount of asbestos released by the rubble is negligent.
Just same way we all inhale carbon monoxide daily,but in a negligible amount.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 9:36pm On Jan 07, 2022
bobkezel:

Actually, it requires a huge amount of exposure, and inhalation of a great amount of asbestos before it could be cancerous.
clearly understood but we must still discourage those doing it in larger quantities, have u been to a warehouse before that all they use there was this old cancerous asbestos roofing sheets, even government officials will come there pack it, grind it, mix with three quarters granites and pour it on the pot holes, and vehicles will be passing on it, polluting our air with cancerous chemicals, I wish I didn't factory reset my phone, i would have shown some videos, but nevertheless, we all most see them and stop it. It dangerous, not the new one they are producing with cellous now, we are all knowledgeable and google is there for us all.

A case study.

There was this particular buildings, I was giving the contract by a nairalander.

Note: I have learnt never to mention anyone name here because this a public forum monitor by local and international observances, especially this offtopic thread created by hajji is one of the most popular thread in Africa, you can google trend it, having said this.

I was giving this contract to renovate this houses in Lekki phase one.

Our first stage is to remove the asbestos on it and replace it with stone coated.

it was this particular ancient abestoes that look like Milano stones coated now.

I was in charge from the beginning to the end.

I told my carpenters that will remove it about the danger of the work will collected that they need to cover their noses that what they about to do is cancerous, but they are laymen without knowledge of what am talking about, it was two storey buildings standing together seperatly, this was about 7 years ago, thebfunniest things was that the money I gave them to use and buy protective guides they pocketed it, I was watching them, with close observation, I locked myself inside my vehicle, my ac on, they are throwing it down with care, from the roof top, the moment they started removing it with care like eggs, I knew in mind they wish they can use it to go and cover their, houses that already in roofing level, but also I knew even if the one that gave me the contract dash them I will reject it.

It is good to be knowledgeable, money is not wisdom and wisdom is not money, they are two different things.

Not quite long the man that gave me this contract, drove in with his vehicle, some aboki guys, upon sighting him, they knew theirselves, ran behind his vehicle, they spoke few words, and they started packing it, my workers are throwing it down from the top roof with care, the aboki started prostraing, about 5 of them in numbers to my oga wey give me the work, I was shaking my head, but who am I to talk, my client, I have no say, because I knew this man is a PHD holder in medicine, a Dr.

Then when my workers finished removing all the asbestos from the roof, and came down they find nothing, I now took my phone and call them from my vehicle that oga had told some aboki to come and park it I guess they want to use to cover their packo house ( that is how much Nigerians are suffering) I could see the pains in their eyes, that and no matter what I should have allow them to even pay the oga little thing so they can use it, even when I have told them how dangerous that thing can be, they don't mind.

I make sure they bath each one of them before they enter the vehicle before I transport them to oworoshoki, and everyone find his square roots, I still wonder why a doc will do that up till date.

But I make sure I told them that this things they are looking at is cancerous.

I come in peace.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 1:29am On Jan 08, 2022
PrimeQuay:

bro, good morning to u sir, I no hear from u ooo since a day before yesterday, u dey ask my contact, I sent it to u on my thread, u never reach me oooo.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 1:41am On Jan 08, 2022

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 1:53am On Jan 08, 2022
Temi1:
Makes sense. The septic tank is actually made from 'glass fiber reinforced plastic fiber and unsaturated polyester resin' according to the manufacturer. Anyway, even if we had a sewer system, I guess the actual cost of constructing biodigester systems in the conventional ways we do it here at the moment is not so high as to warrant importing ready made ones. If you get my drift.....

I got your drift. However, nigeria like all things imported. I won't be surprised if that love extended to shit storage smiley
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 2:31am On Jan 08, 2022
bobkezel:

This is not quite true. Google how cancer could occur when tissues are exposed to carcinogens. There is stochastic and determinant effect. While determinant effect has a threshold, stochastic does not. Any amount of exposure could possible trigger biological adverse effect.

As an illustration, when there is a little drizzle of rain on mosaic tiles, one cannot tell which of the tiles would get wet by the rain, obviously not all of them would. The mosaic tiles in this example represent body tissues while the rain is asbestos and the wet tiles are cancerous tissues.
That is how the billions of DNA in human body behave when exposed to cancer causing agents. No one knows exactly what quantity of the agent would break the sequence bond of the nucleotide in the DNA. That breakage is called mutation, a precursor to cancer.

Na this work I dey take chop

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 3:47am On Jan 08, 2022
sonnie10:

This is not quite true. Google how cancer could occur when tissues are exposed to carcinogens. There is stochastic and determinant effect. While determinant effect has a threshold, stochastic does not. Any amount of exposure could possible trigger biological adverse effect.

As an illustration, when there is a little drizzle of rain on mosaic tiles, one cannot tell which of the tiles would get wet by the rain, obviously not all of them would. The mosaic tiles in this example represent body tissues while the rain is asbestos and the wet tiles are cancerous tissues.
That is how the billions of DNA in human body behave when exposed to cancer causing agents. No one knows exactly what quantity of the agent would break the sequence bond of the nucleotide in the DNA. That breakage is called mutation, a precursor to cancer.

baba u be Doc undecided
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 4:01am On Jan 08, 2022
I beg the house

someone may be looking for one of these and I have it in my possession, they are all brand new.

For more pictures WhatsApp me through my signature.

it's a property anyway or will Someone have one of these, and one of his friends take it away and didn't return on time, the next thing you will be hearing is that, could u imagine, just imagine, and Ade took my property away, look at the time, oh just look at time, he is not back yet, I feel like sweating, the wife will say baba don't sweat, baba will say, listen woman, this is my sweat, let me sweat, infact give me my phone let me call him again, oh God, I have been calling him, his not picking, what type of friend is this for Christ sake grin grin grin

offtopic, anyway still fit in

readily available.

Still more than 100 in numbers..

There are still more than 20pictures

But I won't derail the thread with them.

House apologize if this offensive.

Pardon your boy ignorances

Ki ni omode mo.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 4:56am On Jan 08, 2022
By all means, avoid Brabus/N3xt in any financial transaction/deal be it big or small.

Today is 8th.

No kobo has been paid back and no direct contact has been made to this effect.

This is the update for the house.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 5:51am On Jan 08, 2022
KolaShangOne:

Where you wan see 1x12 in Ologuneru grin

Max is 1x10.. and its even "fadala" and not Sawmill..

That place gives me headache. I can't even get 20tonnes truck for filling.. only 10t for sharpsand too and the sand is not even good o..

I buy 10t sharpsand for 30,000 naira while in PH I buy 30t sharpsand for 30,000..

GBAM! So accurate, you know that axis too well. Their omo onile wahala too is another headache
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Willixo: 6:18am On Jan 08, 2022
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 6:53am On Jan 08, 2022
sonnie10:

Albeit, level of exposure matters.
We all have inhaled asbestos in one way or another..
Smoking causes cancer but it's not all that smoke that gets it.
Las las it is best to trade on the side of caution.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 7:08am On Jan 08, 2022
Born2conquer:

Why do builders prefer welder built tank stand compared to concrete ones like the one below?

Concrete tank stands for upstairs look ugly....
To me...
Bungalow.... Concrete
Upstairs/duplex.... Steel
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 7:13am On Jan 08, 2022
bobkezel:

Albeit, level of exposure matters.
We all have inhaled asbestos in one way or another..
Smoking causes cancer but it's not all that smoke that gets it.
Las las it is best to trade on the side of caution.
You are correct. Remember that illustration of the mosaic tiles? It was not all of them that got wet from the little rain. The truth is one can never tell when it will happen. It could, on the first day of exposure.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Willixo: 7:36am On Jan 08, 2022
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 8:00am On Jan 08, 2022
Willixo:
Yes, 1 month warranty. I bought it brand new and it didn't come with warranty. I'm giving this in confidence to clear all doubts on its efficiency ...also considering concerns to this platform. I've attached more pictures. Serious interests can reach me on whatsapp: 08023968367
thank you. smiley
boss man, why do u want to sell this beautiful machine, I thought u even have many of them, never knew it was just one.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yankeejeez(m): 8:47am On Jan 08, 2022
Dining stoplights, chandeliers, floor lamp. All your lighting needs for a beautiful and classy home, we've got it. Whatsap or call 09016230279

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 8:55am On Jan 08, 2022
Site location: Boystown
Project size 301sqm
We will be doing some some classic pop design for this project.
The tv wall be built using plaster board.

https://www.nairaland.com/6564561/pop-design-tv-wall-installation/53

Call us or WhatsApp

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 9:02am On Jan 08, 2022
Good morning.

For your roofing woods, woodwork etc.

We are always available all at affordable prices.
Call or Whatsapp today for your order.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 9:23am On Jan 08, 2022
Johntemmy:
Good morning.

For your roofing woods, woodwork etc.

We are always available all at affordable prices.
Call or Whatsapp today for your order.
good morning bro, God bless our hustle in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 9:25am On Jan 08, 2022
somehow:
By all means, avoid Brabus/N3xt in any financial transaction/deal be it big or small.

Today is 8th.

Too bad. You may have to look at all other options to recover your funds from Bosun as this seems to have become a pattern. It is well

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:44am On Jan 08, 2022
somehow:

Today is 8th.

Sad stuff… same old story

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DADAL: 9:51am On Jan 08, 2022
—-
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 9:55am On Jan 08, 2022
DUNKA:
Too bad. You may have to look at all other options to recover your funds from Bosun as this seems to have become a pattern. It is well

On that even before it was brought here by him.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (2697) (2698) (2699) (2700) (2701) (2702) (2703) ... (3668) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.