Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,160 members, 7,835,877 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2812) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4443764 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2809) (2810) (2811) (2812) (2813) (2814) (2815) ... (3679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 6:45am On Feb 26, 2022
obyrich:
The house I built with it since 2015 is still in good shape.

Your mean the pan colour still remain the same and no rust also pls kindly shear pics and let’s see

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by obyrich(m): 6:59am On Feb 26, 2022
rotecch77:

Your mean the pan colour still remain the same and no rust also pls kindly shear pics and let’s see
The PAN colour is covered with dusts now. Put not rusted yet. The house is in another state from where I reside. I guess there are different grades of the roofing sheet. I bought mine 48k per bundle in 2015 and was told it is the highest grade.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 8:15am On Feb 26, 2022

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 8:35am On Feb 26, 2022
This life ..........

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 8:46am On Feb 26, 2022
obyrich:
The PAN colour is covered with dusts now. Put not rusted yet. The house is in another state from where I reside. I guess there are different grades of the roofing sheet. I bought mine 48k per bundle in 2015 and was told it is the highest grade.
If it’s 48k as at 2015 then it might be high grade as you said.
But the issue is that OP want low cost roofing and most of the one you will see out there are not good so its beta to look for another option
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:47am On Feb 26, 2022
spyder880:
This life ..........

Looks like you are underestimating what the rich go through to sustain wealth.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 9:35am On Feb 26, 2022
sonnie10:

Looks like you are underestimating what the rich go through to sustain wealth.

Not at all Sir, I am only advising us to be mindful of the aftermath of our successes, and take things easy.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 9:49am On Feb 26, 2022
spyder880:

Not at all Sir, I am only advising us to be mindful of the aftermath of our successes, and take things easy.
And I have seen things in this my small life .
Ask anyone from Akwa Ibom about a man called Iyan Ette motors. He was the richest man around that place then .
Guess what?
In the 80s, he had more than 100 uncomplicated abandoned 5 storey buildings at different locations all covered by grasses until recently.
Nothing is permanent

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 10:53am On Feb 26, 2022
sonnie10:

And I have seen things in this my small life .
Ask anyone from Akwa Ibom about a man called Iyan Ette motors. He was the richest man around that place then .
Guess what?
In the 80s, he had more than 100 uncomplicated abandoned 5 storey buildings at different locations all covered by grasses until recently.
Nothing is permanent

I think I remember Iyan Ette Motors. They plied Warri to Lagos then in J5 mostly. Warri to PH as well.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 11:21am On Feb 26, 2022
sonnie10:

True sir. When I was doing my roofing, I consulted an old friend who is into construction and he said to me;
There are woods from Taraba that if you cut a piece and drop it into termites or anthill they will all abandon that space. But it comes with a premium price tag.
I beg waiting be the name of that wood, I heard Tababa state as one of the strongest hard wood serving SE of the county Oga Spyder you can tip in on this one as King in axis.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:57am On Feb 26, 2022
One of my very favourite motivational pictures.

Average home, average neighbourhood. Zero fences. No one will care. We will get there. One day.

* Not my house, not my vehicles.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 12:16pm On Feb 26, 2022
kopell:
I beg waiting be the name of that wood, I heard Tababa state as one of the strongest hard wood serving SE of the county Oga Spyder you can tip in on this one as King in axis.

A lot of the wood we use in the south east are bought from forests in Kogi, Benue and Taraba states. Very hard wood that we can use three times before they give up. We also get a lot of hard roofing wood from there, woods you may not need to treat. Not because it has any termite repellent, but because it's too hard. Some carpenters are afraid os working with these wood because of how hard it is to either cut or nail.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by obyrich(m): 12:26pm On Feb 26, 2022
rotecch77:

But the issue is that OP want low cost roofing and most of the one you will see out there are not good so its beta to look for another option
Yes. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 1:14pm On Feb 26, 2022
spyder880:
This life ..........
True [/b]all that glitters is not gold[b]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 2:16pm On Feb 26, 2022
rotecch77:

My brother don’t just go near that Cameron roofing sheet it’s not good at all, after 2-3yrs you will regret using it. Unless if the building is just temporary one that just need shelter, even if so you still have many options to this I.e
-old sink pan
-short bundle Low cost Aluminum
- asbestos (this is safe to use now ….talking about health issue)
This info is not entirely correct...
Cameron zinc is still viable choice and it has a life span of more than 10 years...
It is still a preferred choice to short span...
The issue there is that... Just like every other products, it has grades 1 2 3... Just go for the highest grade and feel at home...

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 2:19pm On Feb 26, 2022
rotecch77:

Nigeria zinc is cheap, its around 80 or 70k but it rusts after a while. So cameroon zinc is his best bet if he wants cheap roofing that lasts. It does not rust.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by okeysoninv: 2:36pm On Feb 26, 2022
bobkezel:

Nigeria zinc is cheap, its around 80 or 70k but it rusts after a while. So cameroon zinc is his best bet if he wants cheap roofing that lasts. It does not rust.
how many sqm is in the bundle
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 2:37pm On Feb 26, 2022
bobkezel:

This info is not entirely correct...
Cameron zinc is still viable choice and it has a life span of more than 10 years...
It is still a preferred choice to short span...
The issue there is that... Just like every other products, it has grades 1 2 3... Just go for the highest grade and feel at home...

Roof of 10yrs is NOT roof it’s beta to use Aluminum then , more so if I have the opportunity to get those Cameron sheet that got rusted in diff location as I said earlier I will take the pics and post it here.
Or May be the one in Lagos is diff shaaa bcs it’s NOT good at all
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 4:40pm On Feb 26, 2022
rotecch77:

Roof of 10yrs is NOT roof it’s beta to use Aluminum then , more so if I have the opportunity to get those Cameron sheet that got rusted in diff location as I said earlier I will take the pics and post it here.
Or May be the one in Lagos is diff shaaa bcs it’s NOT good at all
I'm not saying the lifespan stops at 10yrs....
When a product is given a guarantee of 5yrs it doesn't mean it stops working after 5yrs.....remember what we are discussing is a cheaper alternative....
But its better to use the cameroon zinc than short span aluminium.
Those rusted roofs u see are not cameroon zinc, they are Nigeria zinc.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 4:42pm On Feb 26, 2022
okeysoninv:
how many sqm is in the bundle
It's in bundles... 50/60pcs per bundle.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 4:51pm On Feb 26, 2022
bobkezel:

When a product is given a guarantee of 5yrs it doesn't mean it stops working after 5yrs.....remember what we are discussing is a cheaper alternative....

Bros I completely understand what you are saying . In 2014 , somebody asisted an old man in the community to change his leaking roof with the original Cameroon zinc. That zinc is still shining till date.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 5:05pm On Feb 26, 2022
bobkezel:

Do we have 2 or more types of Nigeria normal sink ( pan) why bcs I knew what I’m talking about or May be what we called here in Lagos as pan and Cameron sink is diff to another state and a bundle of pan( sink ) here is 15pcs

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 5:07pm On Feb 26, 2022
sonnie10:

Bros I completely understand what you are saying . In 2014 , somebody asisted an old man in the community to change his leaking roof with the original Cameroon zinc. That zinc is still shining till date.
I'm smelling that "somebody" is you... But you come in peace without pepper grin grin grin

Thats 8yrs ago... The original cameroon zinc lasts, its better than Nigeria zinc, and short span.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 5:11pm On Feb 26, 2022
rotecch77:

Do we have 2 or more types of Nigeria normal sink ( pan) why bcs I knew what I’m talking about
That cameroun zinc looks exactly like Nigeria zinc.
The sellers will tell you the difference, except if you know it very well. It's hard to tell the diff
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Moda1: 5:22pm On Feb 26, 2022
Yes included . Thanks
hamtabfawaz:

Good Price, hope workmanship fees is included in the ₦300K? because it should✓
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 5:31pm On Feb 26, 2022
bobkezel:

I'm smelling that "somebody" is you... But you come in peace without pepper grin grin grin

Thats 8yrs ago... The original cameroon zinc lasts, its better than Nigeria zinc, and short span.
Please ooo!
And the old man cried of joy and prayed saying “anything you touch will be gold”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SanniOluwafemi(m): 6:23pm On Feb 26, 2022
Call Maplewood Furniture for your home/office furniture

Call/WhatsApp 08022283035/07032186146

.... Providing High Quality Furniture
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Cherrymia: 6:33pm On Feb 26, 2022
rotecch77:

I want a good roofing sheet but affordable
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 6:48pm On Feb 26, 2022
rotecch77:

Do we have 2 or more types of Nigeria normal sink ( pan) why bcs I knew what I’m talking about or May be what we called here in Lagos as pan and Cameron sink is diff to another state and a bundle of pan( sink ) here is 15pcs
That one is different.. A bundle of cameroon zinc is 60pcs
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 6:49pm On Feb 26, 2022
bobkezel:

That cameroun zinc looks exactly like Nigeria zinc.
The sellers will tell you the difference, except if you know it very well. It's hard to tell the diff

If so it’s diff to what we called Cameron sink here in Lagos then.
What we called Cameron sink here looks like aluminum sink designs it’s comes in different colours blue, green, black etc BUT different in material to real Aluminum
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 8:17pm On Feb 26, 2022
spyder880:

A lot of the wood we use in the south east are bought from forests in Kogi, Benue and Taraba states. Very hard wood that we can use three times before they give up. We also get a lot of hard roofing wood from there, woods you may not need to treat. Not because it has any termite repellent, but because it's too hard. Some carpenters are afraid os working with these wood because of how hard it is to either cut or nail.

They call it Iron Wood

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Atuu2020(m): 9:46pm On Feb 26, 2022
Good evening house!

Please can anyone help me with the average bearing capacity of complete dry land in Udu local government. (Opete town). Just to determine the suitable type of foundation for a 3 floors building design over there (Ground floor, first and second floor). Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2809) (2810) (2811) (2812) (2813) (2814) (2815) ... (3679) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Rany4all(m), doncafu(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.