Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,477 members, 7,846,981 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 08:53 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2817) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4468354 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2814) (2815) (2816) (2817) (2818) (2819) (2820) ... (3686) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 2:41pm On Feb 28, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

You have just reminded me of something
Please, what's the best way to clean POP stains on doors, windows and floors?
The guy currently doing my POP has already created a cleaning wahala for me

Floor- scraping.
Wall - will be covered by screeding.
Doors and windows - carefully scraping and use of wet cloth.

The general advice is to cover everything you don't want stained during POP (including doors and widows)

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 2:49pm On Feb 28, 2022
henrymor:
Hi, my good people.

Good afternoon. Thank you for all the advice you gave me.

I have a question, please. I bought power showers for my bathroom and my plumbers advised me to make the tank stand 14 Ft which I did. Despite this height, the showers' pressure is still low. The taps outside bring out water with high pressure but the power showers and kitchen rap dispenses water slowly. I mean the pressure is too low. The shower pictures are attached.

Please, what can I do?

Bought surface pump for mine
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 2:52pm On Feb 28, 2022
IDnoble80:
am here and we'll o... You can check my thread

Don't just come and ask people to check your thread. I made reference to your name. There are others here too that might be interested in your work. Answer the questions they ask here. You never can tell. @Thenext also wants to do.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 2:54pm On Feb 28, 2022
henrymor:
Hi, my good people.

I have a question, please. I bought power showers for my bathroom and my plumbers advised me to make the tank stand 14 Ft which I did. Despite this height, the showers' pressure is still low. The taps outside bring out water with high pressure but the power showers and kitchen rap dispenses water slowly. I mean the pressure is too low. The shower pictures are attached.

Please, what can I do?

Me, I am coming to eat Amala during the house warming.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChybuzzDD(m): 2:56pm On Feb 28, 2022
KolaShangOne:

Floor- scraping.
Wall - will be covered by screeding.
Doors and windows - carefully scraping and use of wet cloth.

The general advise is to cover everything you don't want stained during POP (including doors and widows)

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChybuzzDD(m): 2:58pm On Feb 28, 2022
bolu1986:

It's very easy if they clean immediately after work ....

That's why it's better to do your pop before tiling

Thanks for the info

I haven't done tiling yet
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:04pm On Feb 28, 2022
Please I need a job they stopped our line since ending of January I'm home now doing nothing and hungry.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 3:15pm On Feb 28, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

You have just reminded me of something
Please, what's the best way to clean POP stains on doors, windows and floors?
The guy currently doing my POP has already created a cleaning wahala for me

Those guys, most especially the Togo, egun, are very dirty about this accept, cleaning of working place is not in there dictionary.
But me oo if you don’t clear and clean my site after pop I will give your balance to another Labour to do the needful. So they always cooperate with me.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 3:17pm On Feb 28, 2022
KolaShangOne:

I remember Oga @ twinskenny 's boy on my site and the way he was murmuring "see as everywhere neat" "ahan" "if na POP now, stain everywhere"

That's one of the advantages of Gypsum board over POP.

Attached is a picture of gypsum board ceiling.

This is very practicable. This approach is what we adopt here in the UK for ceiling solution. At this stage after installing, we will now joint the board lines with a jointing tape to prevent cracking and then apply Multi Finish for a smooth clean finished. (See attached photos).

What material will you now apply for a smooth finish? POP? Will you joint the board lines?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 3:17pm On Feb 28, 2022
In another news we just won this contract to remodel this old 5bedrooms duplex to modern one.

Client; Nl member
Watch out!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 3:28pm On Feb 28, 2022
rotecch77:
In another news we just won this contract to remodel this old 5bedrooms duplex to modern one.

Client; Nl member
Watch out!
congratulations boss
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by iammarvellux(m): 3:36pm On Feb 28, 2022
Price Slash on Lekki Pride II*

Dear Clients,

We bring you goodnews as we gradually welcome a new month.

How do you like a *N5,000,000* discount on Lekki Pride II? Interesting right??

As interesting as it sounds, only those who grab this opportunity will enjoy it while it last.

*Get 500SQM at Lekki Pride II for N35,000,000 instead of N40,000,000*.

With a 50% initial deposit between Today, 26th February 2022 and 1st March 2022, you get to enjoy this offer.

*This is our own way of welcoming you into the month of March, the month where we get to bring you even more juicy discounts and offers in commemoration of our chairman’s birthday coming up in the same month.*

Don’t let this discount pass you by as this is the first of many to come.

Please note that from *2nd March 2022* price will get as high as *N37,000,000* Take the offer now!

For more enquiries, site inspection and more pls call/WhatsApp Mr 2348038781738.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChybuzzDD(m): 3:36pm On Feb 28, 2022
rotecch77:

Those guys, most especially the Togo, egun, are very dirty about this accept, cleaning of working place is not in there dictionary.
But me oo if you don’t clear and clean my site after pop[b] I will give your balance to another Labour to do the needful. So they always cooperate with me.

[/b]

This is what i'm going to do.
My people around the site told me the POP guys said it's not their job to clean the stains
I'll now withhold their balance until the clean it up grin.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 3:44pm On Feb 28, 2022
rotecch77:

Client; Nl member
Watch out!

Congratulations!!

We are waiting for the thread.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 3:49pm On Feb 28, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

My people around the site told me the POP guys said it's not their job to clean the stains

Smart. This is a general problem with workmen in Nigeria.

I think to force a chance we clients must insist that cleaning up forms part of the contract.

Alternatively, no balance until cleanup or if the owner cleans up, the balance will be forfeited.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 3:50pm On Feb 28, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

Smart
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 3:51pm On Feb 28, 2022
rotecch77:

Client; Nl member
Watch out!

Congrats, you do good work.

I can wholeheartedly recommend you.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 3:51pm On Feb 28, 2022
twinskenny:
congratulations boss
Thanks chief kenny
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 3:52pm On Feb 28, 2022
FEGEITOK:

Congrats, you do good work.

I can wholeheartedly recommend you.
Thanks so much Baba
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 3:52pm On Feb 28, 2022
folmus:

Congratulations!!

We are waiting for the thread.
I will surely open a thread for that, thanks so much my oga
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 3:53pm On Feb 28, 2022
diordaves:

This is very practicable. This approach is what we adopt here in the UK for ceiling solution. At this stage after installing, we will now joint the board lines with a jointing tape to prevent cracking and then apply Multi Finish for a smooth clean finished. (See attached photos).

What material will you now apply for a smooth finish? POP? Will you joint the board lines?

Thanks for sharing this.

The pressure to modernize by going the POP route is enormous in Nigeria.

If you don't have POP, you are dated.

Thanks for sharing UK best practice. I think I will go the gypsum board and cornice way and not the POP route.

Is there a POP craze over there? Apart from these boards what alternative ceiling solutions are in use in the UK?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 3:55pm On Feb 28, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

Yes that is the way, you met my site clean and you get a job to do and get paid for such why will you now leave part of your job for another person to do,
That means you will forfeit part of your payment

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 3:57pm On Feb 28, 2022
henrymor:
Hi, my good people.

Please, what can I do?
what's the height of your building in comparison to the tank stand
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by henrymor: 3:57pm On Feb 28, 2022
No wahala boss. We don warm am 2 days ago oooo...
folmus:

Me, I am coming to eat Amala during the house warming.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by henrymor: 3:58pm On Feb 28, 2022
From ground to the parapet tip it is 11 ft
michlins:
what's the height of your building in comparison to the tank stand
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by henrymor: 3:59pm On Feb 28, 2022
twinskenny:

Bought surface pump for mine
okay boss. And is it very effective?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 4:00pm On Feb 28, 2022
henrymor:
From ground to the parapet tip it is 11 ft
the tank stand you did, did you cast a different foundation or was the 14ft height buried into the earth. If that's the case, the height has been reduced by at least 3ft
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 4:01pm On Feb 28, 2022
henrymor:
okay boss. And is it very effective?
yes boss
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by henrymor: 4:10pm On Feb 28, 2022
After erecting the stand we still.have 13 ft from ground to up. The total length was 16 and we buried 3 ft.
michlins:
the tank stand you did, did you cast a different foundation or was the 14ft height buried into the earth. If that's the case, the height has been reduced by at least 3ft

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by henrymor: 4:10pm On Feb 28, 2022
Okay sir. Thank you very much for the insight.
twinskenny:
yes boss
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kingdemu: 4:14pm On Feb 28, 2022
IDnoble80:
am here and we'll o... You can check my thread
Ok great
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 4:14pm On Feb 28, 2022
henrymor:
After erecting the stand we still.have 13 ft from ground to up. The total length was 16 and we buried 3 ft.
your tank stand is of sufficient height. Get a plumber to look at your connections

(1) (2) (3) ... (2814) (2815) (2816) (2817) (2818) (2819) (2820) ... (3686) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.