Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2826) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4389452 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2823) (2824) (2825) (2826) (2827) (2828) (2829) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 7:54pm On Mar 04, 2022
bolu1986:

I can have it sorted this coming week . You message me on WhatsApp for address
oh sorry i interfered chief, I didn't notice ur replies early, I was probably typing when u were replying . Cheers
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrOkenwa(m): 7:59pm On Mar 04, 2022
Perfecttouchade:
you are welcome sir, I had to run through my medias for a pic of how it was done at a relative's house..they traced the crack to where the crack stopped and cut a little deep for a refilling..in the pic, u will notice a line on the pop ceiling
Okay. Thank you for sharing sir.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrOkenwa(m): 8:00pm On Mar 04, 2022
bolu1986:

I can have it sorted this coming week . You message me on WhatsApp for address
Okay. Thank you!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 8:01pm On Mar 04, 2022
Perfecttouchade:
oh sorry i interfered chief, I didn't notice ur replies early, I was probably typing when u were replying . Cheers
oh no problem chief..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:04pm On Mar 04, 2022
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 8:11pm On Mar 04, 2022
bolu1986:
oh no problem chief..
cheers chief..God bless ur handwork sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 8:14pm On Mar 04, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

I used mine only on the exterior and I knew I would be changing it later.

Personally, with all available design elements poly should be the last consideration.

If I build a personal house again I would simply do a flat ceiling with no designs, make openings for window blind and doors and will use gypsum board. External eave will get wooden slats.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by YanmuYanmu(m): 8:15pm On Mar 04, 2022
YanmuYanmu:
Good Day To all the Professionals in the built industry contributing to the thread.

I've been following this thread for a while now, although I have no construction projects which I own or handle.

I'm a professional in embryo, having just finished NYSC,
I studied Building. BSc.

In the built industry, most companies or individuals are usually looking for professionals with cognate experience. I understand experience matters a lot. "If you no sabi; you no sabi niyen, no 2 ways about it". Also, hiring an individual with no experience to handle a project could cause a great damage in the long run.

That being said,

I'm currently seeking a position as a graduate Trainee or intern in a construction company.

if anybody is looking to hire an intern or trainee who would assist him/her in running day to day activities on and off site, I'm your Guy!

I'm a fast learner and I love getting my hands and clothes dirty.
Contributing to the success of project is something that I love to do!

I looking forward to celebrating the success of a project with the firm I'll be working with, the feeling of having to see a completed project which I was part of, looking back and recollecting past events, challenges that was faced and solved in ensuring the project is success!

I'm based in Lagos. However, am I willing to relocate? the answer is YES!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 8:17pm On Mar 04, 2022
bobkezel:

When screeded it's no longer low budget..
When you screed it the price is par with pop.

Really?

Screeding is really cheap though.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Thenext: 8:23pm On Mar 04, 2022
Thank you baba. Esheun gan nio

EgunMogaji2:

Go to this site for ideas.

The one pictured is what I'll be making myself shortly. I need a non standard size since I have a bigger space and TV to fit.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 8:40pm On Mar 04, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

I like all three.

Thank You, Sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 9:11pm On Mar 04, 2022
MrOkenwa:

Bro, pls what’s the solution for a cracked POP ceiling?
It happened when the pop light was being fixed last year. I haven’t seen it myself but the tenant said that it’s now more obvious.

This probably occurred during the cutting of the POP to fit in the Pop light (which has a tendency of causing some cracks) . Sir, Kindly go to the tenant's apartment to see for yourself or ask if the pop was cut to fit in the light. (if possible snap & send here).

Possible Solution to a cracked Pop!: if it's minor crack, refill & screed with little amount of Pop cement!
If it's a large crack, mix pop cement with fillas, to fill strengthen the large space, so as to avoid further cracks.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 9:13pm On Mar 04, 2022
bolu1986:

Bad pop cement
Maybe the board the cast is not thick enough or they didn't use enough filas....or there is wall breakage within the house??

Installing spot light shouldnt crack a pop...

Anyway they do what we called gnashing... It will solve it

The Bolded has a high tendency of causing a Thin line Crack.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:17pm On Mar 04, 2022
KolaShangOne:

You got it Sir.

This will never go out of style.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 9:28pm On Mar 04, 2022
hamtabfawaz:

The Bolded has a high tendency of causing a Thin line Crack.

If it's not well done... Please note
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Thenext: 10:51pm On Mar 04, 2022
I need this info as well. As anyone tested Hamtabfawaz before? Please share your experience

[quote author=Jeff68 post=110753590][/quote]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 11:01pm On Mar 04, 2022
Thenext:
I need this info as well. As anyone tested Hamtabfawaz before? Please share your experience

cool guy

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PrimeQuay: 2:52am On Mar 05, 2022
hamtabfawaz:

There you go...sir

https://www.nairaland.com/6534100/interior-design-project/3#106947250

Nice designs , do you offer kitchen design , I have ideas I will like to execute

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 4:34am On Mar 05, 2022
KolaShangOne:

Really?

Screeding is really cheap though.
Yea, cos nigerite ceiling is not cheap anymore.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 4:54am On Mar 05, 2022
twinskenny:
cool guy

Talk about his competency and his integrity if you have worked with him.
I think that's what prospective clients want to hear. wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrOkenwa(m): 5:54am On Mar 05, 2022
hamtabfawaz:

This probably occurred during the cutting of the POP to fit in the Pop light (which has a tendency of causing some cracks) . Sir, Kindly go to the tenant's apartment to see for yourself or ask if the pop was cut to fit in the light. (if possible snap & send here).

Possible Solution to a cracked Pop!: if it's minor crack, refill & screed with little amount of Pop cement!
If it's a large crack, mix pop cement with fillas, to fill strengthen the large space, so as to avoid further cracks.

Thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Coiner: 6:50am On Mar 05, 2022
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:26am On Mar 05, 2022
hamtabfawaz:

There you go...sir

https://www.nairaland.com/6534100/interior-design-project/3#106947250

Just the cabinet. What are the dimensions? Is it available in gloss black? What fasteners do you use? Are they visible and hopefully not L brackets? Price?

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:35am On Mar 05, 2022
rotecch77:

To me it will contain it perfectly ok, let’s assumed
-2 plot for the main hotel building
-1/2 plot for the service building area and the rest ( generator house, water treatment plant house, external store etc,
-1/2 plot for green area and swimming pole
- 1 plot for car park

—————
In other news watch out for the thread of this our ongoing renovation work (alteration of 5bdr duplex )

Check for the full update about alteration work on this building soon …. Thread loading

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Thenext: 10:20am On Mar 05, 2022
I trust twinskenny, I will soon contact you for cctv and electric fence. Thank you

twinskenny:
cool guy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dubemcapital1(m): 10:47am On Mar 05, 2022
Coiner:
Good morning brothers.

Please I do intend to start a building project, and with the raging costs, I think it's wise to ask you experienced folks here how much it would cost to erect a standard 4-bedroom bungalow.

Please I would appreciate both estimated figures and a detailed breakdown. Any of that would do.

Thank you all.

You need a detailed drawing first that will help for the costing
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 11:10am On Mar 05, 2022
Thenext:
I trust twinskenny, I will soon contact you for cctv and electric fence. Thank you

thanks sir looking forward
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 11:22am On Mar 05, 2022
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 12:06pm On Mar 05, 2022
Happy weekend to u all.

Meanwhile

Buy iron rod from us, payment on delivery

8mm

10mm

12mm

16mm

Call or whatsapp 08182-481552 or 07062-329505
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chriswazo(m): 12:26pm On Mar 05, 2022
mountmoriah:
Happy weekend to u all.

Meanwhile

Buy iron rod from us, payment on delivery

8mm

10mm

12mm

16mm

Call or whatsapp 08182-481552 or 07062-329505

What stops U giving Ur price and location

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brandsoncharlie: 4:42pm On Mar 05, 2022
rotecch77:

Check for the full update about alteration work on this building soon …. Thread loading
Op how old is this building.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2823) (2824) (2825) (2826) (2827) (2828) (2829) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.