Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,643 members, 7,861,984 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 04:06 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (286) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4503539 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (3694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jun 02, 2016
erico2k2:

Boss keep up, that nah new format grin grin grin grin

Oya, do the needful grin

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 11:16pm On Jun 02, 2016
@3strike I dey feel you " You are the man in that picture ?kindly post your pics pls " You want fame ? Come and collect"

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 11:19pm On Jun 02, 2016
@egunmogaji . You are always online on naira land , are you a staff ? Sometimes I don't understand people n their life ! I rather ask oh than to get into trouble . Pls sir don't get angry. No be joke oh .

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jun 02, 2016
AZUH:
@egunmogaji . You are always online on naira land , are you a staff ? Sometimes I don't understand people n their life ! I rather ask oh than to get into trouble . Pls sir don't get angry. No be joke oh .

Can I give you a hint? Never try to understand other people's life, just live your own.

I'm logged on online on at least 5 devices because of the nature of my profession (I'm making money as I argue with you guys grin ). I also have unlimited internet access and 24/7 electricity.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 11:37pm On Jun 02, 2016
tevanso:
most mason work on block counting ,i am sure if u can neglect the counting and pay them per day to lay let's say 50 blocks u will be able to achieve that sir ,with a competent mason . i know about 3 mason who can do DAT for, if u wouldn't mind we can experiment with ur project.
there is a tool you need to get motar clearance in depth of 0.5inch, have a look at that squiggly black tool in teh pick I uploaded
On site even if u are counting to pay a god supervisor will make sure its all straight or no pay simple.
I do so on my site however we manged to be straight so far.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 11:39pm On Jun 02, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Oya, do the needful grin
Make i go buy dry marker lol
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 11:50pm On Jun 02, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Can I give you a hint? Never try to understand other people's life, just live your own.

I'm logged on online on at least 5 devices because of the nature of my profession (I'm making money as I argue with you guys grin ). I also have unlimited internet access and 24/7 electricity.
baba teach us how to make money like u too naw
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:11am On Jun 03, 2016
Marpol:

shocked shocked

Very important, bro!

You may want to check the other rail lines and road network in Ogun and Lagos to know areas you should steer clear off.

This things will definitely come to pass one day and it seems the day is nearer than ever imagined.

Attached is the layout.

@ mavverick, see the area where the proposed 4th mainland bridge starts from in the layout. It is after Ajah and Lekki2 but before Ogombo. Take note, Ogombo is after Abraham Adesanya.

Hopefully, I'll get some pics of the ongoing earthwork in the areas I presume it'll pass through.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:19am On Jun 03, 2016
@ Marpol, the layout should give you an idea of why I choose Sagamu as the place to build my country home despite being a man from Egbaland.

It's the southwest gateway and the new center. There's national train station, intercity narrow guage lines, an airport (site already established) and nearness to 4th mainland bridge. And it's fast becoming the largest industrial city in Nigeria. Everyone (Nestle, Lafarge, Wichtech, most steel production coys etc) wanna be here.

Yet, no bottlenecks.

Brabus

Pic: Blue Elephant Golf Club, Sagamu.
http://www.worldgolf.com/courses/nigeria/green-elephant-cement-golf-club-sagamu.html

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 12:25am On Jun 03, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Speaking for myself, yes I can and have laid such clean blocks before in the USA.

Can I do it in Nigeria? Nope, not inclined.

But someone should be able to do it in Nigeria. I'm trying to goad anyone that may be interested into upping the bar.

You've done a lot of complicated stuff. Demonstrated, not just giving us speech.

If you've done this before, lets see it, if not why not? You have the people that have skills. I've seen your work grin

Even though it always comes round to it but this is not Americana know too much versus Nigerian builder. We're all learning from each other, at least I do even from my never to be named sworn enemies grin

Some of the work we did today in one of our sites. Not perfect, the smear on the walls are not uniform, the block cutting are not of equal size, which gives it that Nigerian look you guys love to hate grin

But if boys that are only two years old in this business can do this, (some taught themselves on the site) they can do anything with the right training and tools.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 12:27am On Jun 03, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I'm logged on online on at least 5 devices because of the nature of my profession (I'm making money as I argue with you guys grin ).
I also have unlimited internet access and 24/7 electricity.

I haven't shut-off my home computer in almost two years unless it crashes and I have to reboot.
Monitoring stock and world activities 24/7/365. It's not luxury anymore, it's a necessity in this part of the world.
Even my office computer is 24/7/365 also running Bloomberg machine.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 12:27am On Jun 03, 2016
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:46am On Jun 03, 2016
Ogun Intercity Rail Network Unveiled

@ Marpol, put mind at rest o. It's now confirmed that the Lagos - Calabar Coastal Rail project with 22 stations will pass through the following routes and confirmed stations.
In reality the railway starts from Ogun and not Lagos as widely publicized and Ogun state has the largest number of stations. 3 rail stations will be at Itori (the starting pointing), Iperu and Ijebu-Ode. Sagamu being the largest beneficiary.

@ Marpol, There was a realignment and the rail line and train station to be built by CCCEC is now at Iperu. The rail line is normally planned to pass our street bro.

Hurrah!!

The most interesting one is the Lagos-Ibadan 150km/hr fast rail line (the fastest in Nigeria) and connects the second longest rail line in Nigeria (Lagos -Kano) passing through Itori.

Itori and Sagamu may be the next BIG thing now for commercial developments.

Brabus

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:49am On Jun 03, 2016
spyder880:

Some of the work we did today in one of our sites. Not perfect, the smear on the walls are not uniform, the block cutting are not of equal size, which gives it that Nigerian look you guys love to hate grin

But if boys that are only two years old in this business can do this, (some taught themselves on the site) they can do anything with the right training and tools.

Oya, erico2k2, if fear no catch you please note oga Spyders new format, training and tools, down in the book.

Me I no fit reach grin

On a serious note Spyder, I've saluted you before on one foundation wall that you did. It sent shivers down my spine, it was that perfectly straight cool

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:54am On Jun 03, 2016
Interstates and Intercity Rail Project ~ The Goodnews

Here is the goodnews to residents and investors in Lagos and Ogun state. Parts of the Lagos Mass Transit Scheme are also embedded within the Ogun State Railway. So in actual fact it appears that the Lagos and the Ogun State Transit schemes are actually one larger network, so the $3.5 Billion that embodies the Ogun State rail scheme, in actual fact also embodies part of the Lagos scheme as well.
With this in mind, the project should be perceived as more feasible. When we factor in the Chinese Exim Bank arrangements, Private Equity Investors and the loans that will be arranged to supplement these lines, by both the State and Federal Governments, the execution of these projects is not such a long shot after all.

Brabus

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 12:56am On Jun 03, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Oya, erico2k2, if fear no catch you please note oga Spyders new format, training and tools, down in the book.

Me I no fit reach grin

On a serious note Spyder, I've saluted you before on one foundation wall that you did. It sent shivers down my spine, it was that perfectly straight cool

Thank you my Oga.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:01am On Jun 03, 2016
Lagos Blue Rail Line | Video Updates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozm9iUQeHc8

Pics: Rail line and interior of one of the station

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 1:28am On Jun 03, 2016
tevanso:
i always like ur write up

Thank you for the compliment Sir!

Lastpage!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:27am On Jun 03, 2016
Oga Spyder, here is a sample of my work at one of my house.

I prefer to work with wood instead.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dominionng(m): 2:32am On Jun 03, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Thanks for answering the question.

I'll go research the company and I'm sure it's going to be another foreigner backed one too. Or maybe not.

I'm truly rooting for indigenous companies to stand proud with no affiliations to foreign entities. This is my perogative and no one else needs to buy into it.

#StopBlusteringAndFluffering

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:32am On Jun 03, 2016
This is Lagos!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtpqU5_lvss

Inspiration ideas for those who love Naija styles. This is just from a street in Ikoyi.

#Hi #HelloWorld grin

I'll be doing this more often.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 2:53am On Jun 03, 2016
EgunMogaji:
Oga Spyder, here is a sample of my work at one of my house.
I prefer to work with wood instead.

Pixture of you (Sir EgunMogaji) doing the mason work laying the blocks with your face showing.... or we donbilivit...
How about that guys? If you support, please click Like.

Hajji M.

18 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:04am On Jun 03, 2016
mufutau55:

Pixture of you doing the mason work laying the blocks with your face showing.... or we donbilivit...
How about that guys? If you support, please click Like.

Hajji M.

It's okay Hajj, I respectfully decline your request, Sir grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:10am On Jun 03, 2016
Here's for the winner...

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:11am On Jun 03, 2016
EgunMogaji:

It's okay Hajj, I respectfully decline your request, Sir grin

Do you think I am another Azuh in the making? smiley

And @Brabus @n3xt - I didn't see your Like o.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:29am On Jun 03, 2016
I prefer working with wood more than concrete. Here's a 12X10 shed that I built in the back yard of another house of mine.

And nope, I'm not posting a picture of me building it - shyte ain't that serious. I have 5 children, should I post video of me creating them too? grin

People, please get up from your Lazy Boy sofa and get out there and volunteer at your local Habitat For Humanity, you'll be surprised at the skills you'll pick up grin

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:31am On Jun 03, 2016
mufutau55:

Do you think I am another Azuh in the making? smiley

And @Brabus @n3xt - I didn't see your Like o.

Hajji M.

Na clap and it's coming after the count of ..

Truth be told, there's nothing, I repeat absolutely nothing new in construction that has not been used here in Nigeria.
The ones we can't readily source in the building market, we improvise with alternatives.

This is Lagos!

Brabus

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:33am On Jun 03, 2016
Oh, I also restore cars too, rebuild engines, etc. The only thing I don't do is body work.

But let's get back to talking about houses, shall we grin

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:45am On Jun 03, 2016
Who Needs To Go For Eye Surgery? cool

Yesterday, I was shown a material I've been longing to get. I'm tired of rendering all walls. I want to graduate to other things.

Cladding materials (weatherproof)

#PaperKoCardboardNi

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 3:50am On Jun 03, 2016
n3xt:
Who Needs To Go For Eye Surgery? cool

Yesterday, I was shown a material I've been longing to get. I'm tired of rendering all walls. I want to graduate to other things.

Cladding materials (weatherproof)

#PaperKoCardboardNi

Have you found the door maker?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:52am On Jun 03, 2016
Pessin wey no get any reasonable health insurance they talk about eye surgery grin

Pessin wey dey commute on okada and picking up 145miles per hour speeding ticket doesn't need eye surgery.

Una no go kill pessin for this Nairaland.

I already emailed the artist, so I'll post proof that it is a painting and not painted laid bricks.

#MaybeLocalChampionForLocals

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (3694) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: holyprime and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.