Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,685 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2859) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4400771 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2856) (2857) (2858) (2859) (2860) (2861) (2862) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Videour(m): 2:29pm On Mar 24, 2022
Ndyoo:
I have a question. From the picture : Does this look like the size of 30 tons. The price is 340K and they get them from Abakaliki. If not, I think I need to change the supplier. I heard folks in Lagos getting theirs at 250K and I was like, I have been paying 340K for this for the whole beginning. If anyone have a supplier I'm south east please let me know.
that's not 30 tons
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 2:47pm On Mar 24, 2022
Time difference. . . ‘While they slept, the thieves came at night”.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by earthrealm(m): 2:54pm On Mar 24, 2022
EgunMogaji2:
In Banana Island.

There’s something patently wrong with most Nigerian artisans.

VERY TRUE, THE LACK of attention to details and quality is mind boggling
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 3:07pm On Mar 24, 2022
Ndyoo:
I have a question. From the picture : Does this look like the size of 30 tons. The price is 340K and they get them from Abakaliki. If not, I think I need to change the supplier. I heard folks in Lagos getting theirs at 250K and I was like, I have been paying 340K for this for the whole beginning. If anyone have a supplier I'm south east please let me know.

They might be right. We bought 30 tons from Okigwe for #320k last 6 months. Distance from the quarry to your site would determine price. Moreover diesel is expensive now.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 3:08pm On Mar 24, 2022
n3xt:

I just finished talking to you brother and he told me he honestly didn’t see the alert that money was sent and I also apologized to him that I didn’t send him any message because I didn’t see any alert either until next day.

As a matter of fact, the transaction didn’t/hasn’t reflect in my mobile app (transaction history) up till date. I’m only lucky to see the sms alert later on my phone.

So he’s not wrong to tell you he hasn’t gotten anything from me. He said he no longer bother to disturb because the person who wanted to use the pump is no longer available.

Lastly, he asked me to make peace and not to allow our issue go the Putin vs Zelenskyy way with western sanctions up and down.

Issue resolved the gentleman way.

_______

Note: He admitted there was never a discussion between us (verbal or otherwise) on issue of price.

________

As per the screenshot, I do not intend to excarbate issues as I know Brabus issue always give some folks here erection but Femi knew my position hence the need for more than 4 reviews. It’s not a joke putting a supposed professional on his toes that he had to review his report for more than 4 times.

My intention wasn’t to perpetuate the game until you run out of will to play but just to let him know he’s not dealing with a stupid fellow.He had the opportunity to be the hero of this issue but he chose to allow emotions to cloud his judgement.

He shouldn’t be surprised to read such message from me because that has always been my position on the matter hence the need for reviews.
He has records of our chats and he knew what I always tell him.

If I go silent, it doesn’t mean disrespect to you. I’m only leaving the stage for other actors to perform.

Myself and Rotecch77 still chat this morning and I told him things will be resolved soon.

So you know all these, yet you were sounding like I just came here to ask for his pump when you never told him you sent any money?

Now that we are done with this. When are you paying my patience via my refund?

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 3:18pm On Mar 24, 2022
bobkezel:

Guys beware of this fake that parades himself as a structural engineer cum cac agent...
BROS... NA MY MATTER YOU CARRY FOR HEAD,, PLEASE ABEG...FREE ME... ITS A NEW YEAR.... BIKO... IF YOU WANT ME TO BEG,,, I BEG O...

MAKE YOUNNA HELP ME BEG THIS BOBKEZEL TO FREE ME PLEASE....

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Babadee1900(m): 3:27pm On Mar 24, 2022
I need something like this.

Exactly as in the picture.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:34pm On Mar 24, 2022
MMotimo:
Lol it’s the usual suspects. This is not the first time in less than a year that Rotech77 has been called out. Adedward was mixed up in another scandal about a year ago too along with Hslbroker. Not forgetting our resident defender of evil, awon ti N3xt, wherever belle face. At the ready and at the service of all things wuruwuru, magomago.

Hajj, I am just musing ni o, unless somebody wants to respond to me I gentle, Sir.

I hear you my sister, you kuku gentle.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 3:37pm On Mar 24, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

For a house of this caliber I’ll even have them remove the switches.

But they’ll say we don’t pay enough and to accept what we get.

Will someone living in Banana Island not pay enough.

Go to school, they will not.

Use YouTube, they will not.

The painter with over 7million views on YouTube that I posted a while ago said, you need to remove the switches.

But if you don't want to remove the switches, why not use tape?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBa5OvhwCjE&t=1s

Those tapes cost about N500.00 each, which client cannot afford it?

Point is, some if not most don't pay attention to detail.

I have spent tens of thousands of naira on masking tape because I want a perfect finish and because I am using 2 colors.

I had arguments with painters because they wanted to create perfect lines without the tapes and I said it is not possible, they said it will mean double work, I said that is what I want, a straight line and a perfect finish.

Initially I used Abro masking tape, but I had to switch to a better tape made by Tesa

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 4:00pm On Mar 24, 2022
In other news...

We setup this office space @ Ikeja.

Paint supplied by gbadexy.. (satin and emulsion)
Pop & screeding by bolu1986

We did the lighting & cctv cameras

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 4:07pm On Mar 24, 2022
Matters arising.

The house I use for my office activities on the mainland got into an issue with PHCN.

I use the ground flat while and the house of 6 apartments was given 3 meters by PHCN, so 4 apartments were connected to just one meter.

As I was told, the installer entered an agreement with the late landlady last year to help 'shed' loads on the joint meter by connecting the pumping machine and one AC direct to light.

PHCN guys came around and disconnected the whole building on Monday. The landlady is now late (Died 2nd of January).

Came around today to reconnect the other 2 meters, leaving the one with the infraction disconnected.

The landlady's son (lives elsewhere) has now been given an invitation letter to their office.

We were told we are to pay ₦51,500 for bypassing and a soon to be determined amount for "loss of revenue".

The son in law of the late landlady was able to get the details of the installer including his picture.

Is it possible that the penalty gets waived or reduced if the installer is produced?

One of the officials previously said if he's produced, the house goes free, but it seems they have changed mouth.

Just asking to know if this is possible.

Funny enough, the wire used for the bypass not even hidden but since we didn't suspect anything, no one put heart to it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 4:12pm On Mar 24, 2022
May you be treated in your job or business and all your life endeavors the way this client treated the contractor (Rotecch77).

May you be treat in your project, relationship career, and all your life endeavors the way this contractor treated this client ( ralpa....)

You, I mean you reading this post and choosing the evil side. You can deny being neutral in the face of men but not with God.

Go, let your conscience judge you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AlphaTaikun: 4:19pm On Mar 24, 2022
n3xt:
>> Oshodi Church Makeover | Before, During & After

...creating inspired spaces for today’s lifestyle!
@n3xt
That's an awesome makeover
made to the buiding. I love the
evergreen, classic look of the
bricks on the building.

Second, are the bricks used real burnt bricks or synthetic?

A lot of gentrification is truly
needed in specific neighbourhoods in Lagos (like you have done here) and indeed Nigeria.

All the best.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AlphaTaikun: 4:48pm On Mar 24, 2022
FEGEITOK:

Go to school, they will not.

Use YouTube, they will not.

The painter with over 7million views on YouTube that I posted a while ago said, you need to remove the switches.

But if you don't want to remove the switches, why not use tape?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBa5OvhwCjE&t=1s

Those tapes cost about N500.00 each, which client cannot afford it?

Point is, some if not most don't pay attention to detail.

I have spent tens of thousands of naira on masking tape because I want a perfect finish and because I am using 2 colors.

I had arguments with painters because they wanted to create perfect lines without the tapes and I said it is not possible, they said it will mean double work, I said that is what I want, a straight line and a perfect finish.

Initially I used Abro masking tape, but I had to switch to a better tape made by Tesa
@Fegeitok,
Wow! That's an awesome video.

I learned some painting specifics
there. Thanks for the deep insights on the creative use of masking tapes which never occured to me.

All the best. smiley
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 5:01pm On Mar 24, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

@Fegeitok,
Wow! That's an awesome video.

I learned some painting specifics
there. Thanks for the deep insights on the creative use of masking tapes which never occured to me.

All the best. smiley

Glad to be helpful.

I've learned so much from others who shared, so I have to pay it forward.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 5:08pm On Mar 24, 2022
sonnie10:
May you be treated in your job or business and all your life endeavors the way this client treated the contractor (Rotecch77).

May you be treat in your project, relationship career, and all your life endeavors the way this contractor treated this client ( ralpa....)

You, I mean you reading this post and choosing the evil side. You can deny being neutral in the face of men but not with God.

Go, let your conscience judge you!

Amen Amen Amen

I also add to it that may God also reward me according to my behaviors.
Amen.

If anyone reading this can say same to himself or herself

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chuxjay(m): 5:16pm On Mar 24, 2022
I am currently in need of building materials and accessories vendors for a real estate project. Please refer vendors within Lagos who have the capacity and capability for large projects and who can be very competitive with prices. My DM is open. #realestate #project #building #projects #procurement #purchase #vendors .

You can as well drop your email addresses so I can mail you directly with more details and information. Electricals, building materials, finishings, roofing sheets, POP, cement, etc.

you can as well send an email to procurement_realestate@outlook.com

We will prefer dealing with registered businesses but individuals with track records can as well show interest.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by earthrealm(m): 5:21pm On Mar 24, 2022
somehow:
Matters arising.

The house I use for my office activities on the mainland got into an issue with PHCN.

Is it possible that the penalty gets waived or reduced if the installer is produced?

One of the officials previously said if he's produced, the house goes free, but it seems they have changed mouth.

Just asking to know if this is possible.

Funny enough, the wire used for the bypass not even hidden but since we didn't suspect anything, no one put heart to it.

energy theft is a serious matter ...even in nigeria..if the case is escalated. you could even spend some time in jail.try and settle with the phcn people. providing the electrician who did the bypass, will not solve the matter/nor remove you guys from being liable.
you can however contact him offline and let him contribute towards paying for the damages to phcn
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 5:26pm On Mar 24, 2022
earthrealm:

energy theft is a serious matter ...even in nigeria..if the case is escalated. you could even spend some time in jail.try and settle with the phcn people. providing the electrician who did the bypass, will not solve the matter/nor remove you guys from being liable.
you can however contact him offline and let him contribute towards paying for the damages to phcn

You mean the owner of the house or who is spending time behind bars?

Electrician didn't do the bypass but the people PHCN sent to install the meters.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jeff68: 5:39pm On Mar 24, 2022
mufutau55:

Plenty Gbosa for Gbadexy. I can't even count how many clients I have sent his way. I have never got any negative feedback.

Hajji M.

I can second that opinion! This is impressive! I met him personally last week, sent him 1.3m for paint, paint supplied yesterday, no questions, no story! Even followed up on the painter on my behalf. Please keep it up Gbadexy!!!

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nwaorlu: 5:45pm On Mar 24, 2022
EgunMogaji2:
In Banana Island.

There’s something patently wrong with most Nigerian artisans.

It is lack of exposure (both the owners and artisans) and inadequate skills.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:47pm On Mar 24, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

@n3xt
That's an awesome makeover
made to the buiding. I love the
evergreen, classic look of the
bricks on the building.

A very productive way to spend quality time away from chaos.

The simple request of the owners of this project was to transform the old church building to a physical marker and a focal point for worship in the ancient Oshodi, Lagos.

@Blessedsunny2 supplied the bricks.

Colour: Burnt Jasper
Installer: Recommended by Blessedsunny2

Second, are the bricks used real burnt bricks or synthetic?

They’re real burnt South African bricks. See pic 2 below.

A lot of gentrification is truly
needed in specific neighbourhoods in Lagos (like you have done here) and indeed Nigeria.

Thanks for the compliment. You inspire us to do more.

Many thanks to the chairman who was rooting for us in the boardroom saying “Brabus will deliver this!” I’m glad we did this.

Oshodi To The World!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jeff68: 5:49pm On Mar 24, 2022
Adedward:
I don't ask him to give me money or anything, just want him to put it into consideration, it's the second team dat went there to finish the work, and when u gets there it was u see some complained about the work and dat installer has gone back to mainland , and I said u should send #20k to the man, so dat he can come and rectify what he complained for, dats is what cost all this,
So, I dat have been spending money for the other man in hospital don't know what am doing, dats just what I told him ,

Now, I am really pissed off! U called and begged me but u come here and talk? Do u want me to even post pictures of your work? The fact that someone got injured at my site is not my issue, do you know what I went through before I earned that money? Do u know if I was injured in the process? I didn’t say anything more since yesterday, u are crying for 40k, maybe u forgot how much I paid u in the past for the roof that leaked several times how much I paid for windows with imported materials instead of the Tower brand I paid for!

If I were u, I will stop now! Or I will begin to post pictures of your work and let’s see who will help u pay then! Or who would have accepted the mess I accepted with u!!!

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:05pm On Mar 24, 2022
Order is vital than speed. Many are rushing nowhere fast.

Paint then neatly install your fittings. Then retouch if necessary. Simple.

It doesn’t matter whether the project is in Sugarcane (Ìrèké) Island or Garri Valley, good taste is good taste.

>> From NextHome’s budget build done in 2015. The cheapest terraced duplex project done by NextHome.

Seun
Mynd44

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 6:20pm On Mar 24, 2022
Ndyoo:

And I am paying 340,000 for 30 tons. Lord!

Yes. If you're in the South East / South South.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kingdemu: 6:24pm On Mar 24, 2022
n3xt:
Order is vital than speed. Many are rushing nowhere fast.

Paint then neatly install your fittings. Then retouch if necessary. Simple.

It doesn’t matter whether the project is in Sugarcane (Ìrèké) Island or Garri Valley, good taste is good taste.

>> From NextHome’s budget build done in 2015. The cheapest terraced duplex project done by NextHome.

Seun
Mynd44
I can't sign up on Kobocity? Can't see the confirmation mail.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 6:24pm On Mar 24, 2022
I've missed about 10 - 12 pages here already..

Oga @rmx

Bought CDK today for 12,000 per carton..

Bought it in January for 9800 per carton.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 6:29pm On Mar 24, 2022
twinskenny:
In other news...

We setup this office space @ Ikeja.

Paint supplied by gbadexy.. (satin and emulsion)
Pop & screeding by bolu1986

We did the lighting & cctv cameras

What's the color?

Looks like Red?

Am I correct?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 6:31pm On Mar 24, 2022
nwaorlu:

It is lack of exposure (both the owners and artisans) and inadequate skills.

Our construction markets are also a limiting factor.

Lots of goodies are no where to be found
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 6:39pm On Mar 24, 2022
somehow:

How does this answer why you never told him you sent money when he didn't contact you?

So if you send money to me today now and refuse to inform me, you will blame me for coming to drag you tomorrow?

Does it not occur to you that not everyone get SMS alert?

Because he didn't contact you after 12th meant he knew you sent money like everyone sleep on their phone?

Lastly, if he knew you sent money, why would he tell me you still owe him the machine?

What would have been his gain?

The above is my closing shot on the machine issue.

Now. To my money, I asked if you meant what was written in the screenshot posted by the man that accused rotecch77, you never answered but only said you want peace.

If what was written there is a lie, how come you have paid no dime so far?

Hello, why waste time and effort responding to a verified 'thief'? He CAN'T and WILL NEVER refund you a dime, not even his cohorts 'drooling' and saying there is a 'flow in discussion'.

If anyone here believes he is anything less than a thief, then the person should as well pay part of the money on his behalf, after all he has paid for others from stolen funds to decieve the gullible.

Imagine!, so petty to as low as a submersible pump!..wetin?! Indeed some people are 'cursed'.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 6:41pm On Mar 24, 2022
FEGEITOK:

What's the color?

Looks like Red?

Am I correct?

Orange actually

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2856) (2857) (2858) (2859) (2860) (2861) (2862) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mrphysics(m), olukaygold(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.