Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,055 members, 7,828,712 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2883) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4427700 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2880) (2881) (2882) (2883) (2884) (2885) (2886) ... (3674) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 11:42pm On Mar 28, 2022
erico2k2:

I said they start frm 16ft all them places I mentioned but Benin do 18ft most of the time as they have land sawmills mostly but sapele and Warri have both land and river saw mills

Okay, thank you...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stopthecap: 11:42pm On Mar 28, 2022
n3xt:

Smiles.

How do you intend to reach the numerous followers of my Whatsapp status updates?

They follow my updates bumper-to-bumper

You can see how careless the fraudster builder that he cannot even protect the identity of his clients (the ones who don't yet know who they are dealing with)

Another mugu is loading as we speak

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 11:44pm On Mar 28, 2022
n3xt:

Typical!

Let him understand you’re not trying to teach him his job. You’re only trying to affirm his work by asking other people who have been there before you.

redgem do not listen to the advise of this criminal unqualified quack builder. Na his case we dey on for here

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:45pm On Mar 28, 2022
Good night!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 11:46pm On Mar 28, 2022
Stopthecap:

You can see how careless the fraudster builder that he cannot even protect the identity of his clients (the ones who don't yet know who they are dealing with)

Another mugu is loading as we speak
This 2022 go red for am. The heat is on. Maximum pressure both online and offline.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stopthecap: 11:46pm On Mar 28, 2022
DUNKA:

You go do well in law enforcement work grin

Something that has been screenshot already...
In his hurry to prove himself untouchable he has exposed his next "mugu" loading....

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 11:48pm On Mar 28, 2022
Godisgreatest1:
Every one is jealous of a self-acclaimed artisan that CANNOT refund #2.45M reduced to #2M reduced to #1.072M reduced by him and his gang to #1M meant for a contract he was awarded since last year...SMH.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 11:48pm On Mar 28, 2022
redgem:

I don't have the strength for issues but I won't let someone cheat or intimidate me because I am a lady...

Lets know by tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 11:51pm On Mar 28, 2022
Stopthecap:

Something that has been screenshot already...
In his hurry to prove himself untouchable he has exposed his next "mugu" loading....
na so all in a bid to boost his overinflated ego he committed a blunder but as the saying goes the guilty man runneth when no one pursueth. grin

E don choke wink

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 11:56pm On Mar 28, 2022
DUNKA:
redgem do not listen to the advise of this criminal unqualified quack builder. Na his case we dey on for here

LOL... I have been following this thread and I know everything...he has a case with somehow and I am not in support of him, one of the reasons why I wanted to know if I can ask for a refund to avoid same issue but currently he isn't giving a bad advice and only trying to help me with the knowledge he has..should I turn his kind gesture down?

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 11:59pm On Mar 28, 2022
n3xt:

Typical!

Let him understand you’re not trying to teach him his job. You’re only trying to affirm his work by asking other people who have been there before you.

Okay thank you...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 12:10am On Mar 29, 2022
Stopthecap:

Mr Criminal. You can always be counted on to answer to your name !!!

With all the work you claim to be doing both real, and imaginary .You cannot execute simple refund you agreed to here.

WHERE ARE YOUR SATISFIED CLIENTS IN THIS FORUM?

I have challenged you before and I do so again.
If you claim to have close to a decade of reputable construction experience. Bring out 10 of your COMPLETE works with satisfied clients on this forum-

I CHALLENGE YOU.

Bring out even 5.

You will meet your comeuppance

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 12:14am On Mar 29, 2022
n3xt:

Go ahead bro! I smile in Swahili.

I do not keep my stuff from my people and they’re here with you as well.
oga Bosun why then did you remove the screenshot? grin It has been grabbed already.

2022 go hot grin

Pressure causes mistakes and sleepness night oh wink

Monkey play monkey na 1 1 draw kiss

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 12:24am On Mar 29, 2022
flexyonline:

I use Victron 10kva inverter with thirty 400watt panels and 10 Pylontech US2000 48 V batteries. The thing cost an arm and a leg but at least lessens my mains usage significantly

Yes o, my brother. That Victron is a killer system.
Thank you for the information.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 12:27am On Mar 29, 2022
InvertedHammer:

/
If Nigeria were inhabited by humans, would someone contemplate spending about N10m to get regular electricity? They fight about the things they are not supposed to fight for and keep quiet about things they should be fighting for. What happened to the magical wands of Fashola?
/

My brother, I hear you o. But wetin we go do?
We provide our own electricity, water, road and other essential ammenities because none is coming from the Govt. May God help us with better Govt o.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 12:41am On Mar 29, 2022
redgem:

He is getting the woods direct from the bush and he promised that its quality...told me the woods in the market are not strong woods, they will be attacked by termites (even after treatment) and will wear out with time.

I made the payment immediately I was given the price list, paid him full amount he told me last week only to get a call that he went to the Bush this morning and the price has increased... Is it my fault that he didn't pay immediately I sent the money to him?

That was why I was delaying cos I wanted to gather funds for wood work and roofing.. Only to find out now that I am spending more than half of my budget for wood work.
The wood in the market were all gotten from the bush.
I guess he gave u a very low quotation compared to the market price too. Let's hope u have not been conned.
Ask him to return the money.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 1:05am On Mar 29, 2022
redgem:

I don't have the strength for issues but I won't let someone cheat or intimidate me because I am a lady...

In this industry be ready for issues because there are many wolves in sheep's clothing.
Anyone can be dupped both men and women especially if it is your first build.
You are already in the right track by being here. Read this thread from the beginning for good tips
You may not get good help here anymore because fraudulent vendors have taken over from the do-it-yourself builders that started this thread. These vendors will give you excellent advise but the advise are cleverly done to trap you. Just becareful

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GloriousGbola: 1:33am On Mar 29, 2022
KolaShangOne:

According to my research, I heard its better to buy a PSW inverter and a separate charge controller (mostly 60A).

Try to research into difference BTW Pure Sine wave and modified Sine wave inverter.

I'll be doing a DIY installation too.. sometime in June/ July but I've been researching ahead..

My personal experience. (this was years ago)

Every pure sine wave inverter I tried was very expensive and very sensitive.

They all had issues and failed within a month of purchase. Then I had to chase different 'experts'

Eventually I bought a modified sine wave mercury inverter. 2.4kva.at the time it was 20k,and it is still not spoilt.

The only issue I experienced was that my fans would have a weird hum.

Modified sine wave if I recall has issues mainly with motors. This is my own experience thought

Ironically I told a friend to buy a modified sine wave inverter , he walked into the showroom and allowed himself to be convinced to buy a pure sine wave Mercury ups which promptly failed in a week.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stopthecap: 4:43am On Mar 29, 2022
For the newbies here. same scam format for close to a decade

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stopthecap: 4:43am On Mar 29, 2022
continued

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stopthecap: 4:44am On Mar 29, 2022
continued..

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stopthecap: 4:45am On Mar 29, 2022
continued again

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stopthecap: 4:47am On Mar 29, 2022
Same modus operandi .

Th only thing that has changed is he is bolder now in the scam and does not waste time before insulting and abusing the "clients".

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 5:35am On Mar 29, 2022
DUNKA:

There is no peace for the wicked.

Site ko architect ni. Continue deceiving yourself. We know your type.

Fraud does not discriminate and your intimidation tactics has already failed.

If you can't stand the heat do not enter the kitchen.

Fake Architect hunger go kee you this year grin

I am not coming in peace wink

We don't do photos, we do live projects and we move from great projects to greater ones old fool. We say no to bullies like you with no brain
Help him retrieve his money and stop whimpering and ranting like a spoilt child caught with a stolen candy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 5:38am On Mar 29, 2022
redgem:

LOL... I have been following this thread and I know everything...he has a case with somehow and I am not in support of him, one of the reasons why I wanted to know if I can ask for a refund to avoid same issue but currently he isn't giving a bad advice and only trying to help me with the knowledge he has..should I turn his kind gesture down?

Wisdom, you've got wisdom madam.
God bless you, why force people to align with your thought and you couldn't bully seun or mynd to kick him out forever. Why dont they channel their strength into making seun or mynd kick next out forever instead of attacking artisans here

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 5:46am On Mar 29, 2022
Horlardorjah:

We don't do photos, we do live projects and we move from great projects to greater ones old fool. We say no to bullies like you with no brain
Help him retrieve his money and stop whimpering and ranting like a spoilt child caught with a stolen candy
A foolish and stupid liar like your fradulent role model. You don't have a drawing talkless of project to your miserable name. You had started to imitate the thief by engaging posters and posting pictures of other people's cabinets.

Post your own useless quack wannabe. grin

Yahoo yahoo fake architect. Go and beg bosun davies shoyeye to give you a laborers job on one of his imaginary sites. cheesy. You surely need it. Let's see if Bosin can feed you for this unwise and foolish support. UAE prospect how market kiss

Market don spoil for Nairaland.

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 5:51am On Mar 29, 2022
redgem:

lol yes oh but that is how some previous victims were lured onto the web of the fraudster from asking genuine and innocent questions next thing millions is sent to him and the showcased troubles start. Thank God you are aware as na refund issue that he is being dragged with. All the best.

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 5:54am On Mar 29, 2022
Horlardorjah:

Wisdom, you've got wisdom. God bless you
unfortunately you do not have an iota of wisdom and sense. Bosun that has uselessed more quality characters than you? lipsrsealed We shall see how it ends undecided

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by flexyonline: 5:55am On Mar 29, 2022
KolaShangOne:

That's because your 10kvA inverter is actually 8.5kva when you consider power factor..

You can't have more than 8.5kW even if your panels are sized for 20Kva since your inverter is 10kva.

I stand corrected.

That is not true. The inverter size has nothing to do with your charging capacity. Charging happens upstream of the inverter. The inverter just converts the stored electricity in the batteries to AC that goes into your house. What is affecting the solar output are things like panel angle, in-built losses from panel through cables to charge controller, cloud cover, shade if any exists.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by IDnoble80: 5:56am On Mar 29, 2022
grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by flexyonline: 5:57am On Mar 29, 2022
KolaShangOne:

This Sounds like a 4 million naira set up. For me personally, I don't think I'll run up to 7kva total energy use at any point in time..

Not even close. Check out the prices of each item and you will find out. One of those batteries is over 600k.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 6:06am On Mar 29, 2022
Stopthecap:
These are the issues. Address them and stop hiding

Is Brabus/Nexthome the luckiest scammer on Nairaland Building Section?

I have observed the building/ property section from a distance and not made many comments. And the activities of Brabus /Nexthome have given me cause to worry. I think he is both the most skillfull marketer and disreputable builder on this forum at the same time.

My observations

1.He is not a professional builder.

Honestly, this is the weakest argument against Brabus. You don't have to be 'a professional', but you can be professional.
Brabus is not a building professional,but pretends to be one. He may be knowledgeable about how to put up a building (this does not preclude him from the industry but at least be professional to clients )

2.Poor/shoddy job quality,allegations of fraud and theft

Incorrect quantity or materials supplied,
Columns not aligning,cement bags in concrete mix, missing iron rods from site,using regular wood when marine was paid for ,counterfeit drawings, sub-contractors and suppliers not paid.... what the.... (na only you?)

3.All is good until money starts changing hands.
Excellent client relationship until money issues are concerned. Then the name calling and advice giving from a distance starts. I am yet to see a full spectrum of jobs done from start to finish for Nairalanders without complaint (i stand to be corrected on this. Pls really!)

4.Pasting photos like educational materials , meanwhile marketing himself(which is not bad)

Remember the ile-oluji projects. Pasting photos of work not done by him until the client came out screaming!

5.Photo Essays.
Each project is a photo opportunity to draw in the next client ,while not fulfilling full obligations.

6. Brabus is NEVER wrong
No matter what, never accept responsibility for actions on your project site. This is Brabus/nexthome's way. It is always the client that did something wrong. Calling clients who paid you money names, after they air greviances

7.Master of deflection
Changing topic in the middle of a thread, once serious allegations are made with new pictures or glossy future project and real estate seminars. And aligning with established builders to cover up

8.Cracking jokes after serious allegations are made about work done . This is after people have cried out their hearts and serious grievances on this forum

Clients beware

P.S. I am a professional architect who has never and would never work or had any interaction with Brabus/ Nexthome.

Maverick efforts to alert people of his work reputation should not be shut down.
Anybody on this forum who is swayed by his advertising should also be aware of his reputation beforehand. Several of his clients were aware of his reputation and still went into business with him. We should stop this " don't spoil his livelihood" argument. If people allege and show evidence of shoddy jobs and fraud from their livelihood why should they not sound the alarm to others.

The beautiful thing is people will see all this information about Brabus/ Nexthome and enter the trap. Why? Is it because he is the luckiest scammer on Nairaland Building Section?
[b][/b][color=#990000][/color]

Same thing that was true over 6 years ago is still true today.

NOTHING has changed . A petty fraudster cannot change his stripes

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2880) (2881) (2882) (2883) (2884) (2885) (2886) ... (3674) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Jjokke and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.