Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2909) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4410651 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2906) (2907) (2908) (2909) (2910) (2911) (2912) ... (3670) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 9:25am On Apr 04, 2022
hslbroker2:
it is very effective, but if you will get same result and still saving cost, will you like to waste money? No sir money is not easy to get, but very easy to spend, cutting cost in construction while getting same quality result is very essential sir

Hope I'm making sense to u sir
Yes thanks which woods in the Nigerian market do not need any treatment? Also price. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 9:25am On Apr 04, 2022
n3xt:

I guess you made this statement with exception... because that wasn’t the case on your door issue.

Internet never forget.
bro use this energy and focus on redeeming your battered image here.

Someone gave you an opportunity and you messed up again. Should we start counting scores of your victims and unresolved issues.

This is Monday,go to any site you're working at

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 9:26am On Apr 04, 2022
n3xt:

I guess you made this statement with exception... because that wasn’t the case on your door issue.

Internet never forget.
Bosun you are just impossible shocked

Make good your promises to somehow.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:27am On Apr 04, 2022
michlins:
bro use this energy and focus on redeeming your battered image here.

Someone gave you an opportunity and you messed up again. Should we start counting scores of your victims and unresolved issues.

This is Monday,go to any site you're working at

I’m home now.

Jedijedi gat me.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Itsrm(m): 9:29am On Apr 04, 2022
michlins:
at this point ma'am, it's obvious you want to ruin my image here. You requested for 36". Right there with the tape is 33.5. The remaining is 1.5". If that 2" is what will make you squeeze your items, sorry about that.

If I had made it exactly 3ft, you will still complain that I didn't leave enough room for the doors to fit that your mason had to break wall to make it fit.

I'm sorry ma'am but I can't help you.

Just passing by

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 9:29am On Apr 04, 2022
sonnie10:

I guess using it for external rail would depend on the coating then.
I don't understand but I wouldn't advise you use this in your house.

Your house has a kind of traditional and vintage vibes so leave laser for contemporary builds. This laser will fade sooner than later.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by UC92: 9:31am On Apr 04, 2022
hslbroker2:
I'm the contractor that took this project, this is update

This Is the inner part, tomorrow I will post the out part with the angle designs and the curve
Is this a precast concrete fascia?
You need a roof beam to anchor the fascia, so it doesn't collapse.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 9:32am On Apr 04, 2022
Itsrm:

Just passing by
thank you for reminding me. I have learnt from that experience and I work extremely hard to ensure that there's no reoccurrence and thank God,it hasn't happened again.

I could have deleted that but I kept it there to remind myself that I am supposed to do better than that and that's what I work hard towards

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by IDnoble80: 9:34am On Apr 04, 2022
Itsrm:

Just passing by
pass to where ever you like.. issue has been resolved!!!! Tell next to resolve his numerous issues.

Some of you are next supporters just pretending..

His is a known thief here

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:35am On Apr 04, 2022
DUNKA:
Yes thanks which woods in the Nigerian market do not need any treatment? Also price. Thanks

Bros e grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3KINGZ18: 9:36am On Apr 04, 2022
n3xt:

Hand moulding or machine?

Hand moulding
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 9:38am On Apr 04, 2022
DUNKA:
hmmm very enlightening. If treated with pesticide or motor oil is there a period the wood becomes "safe" for human habitation?
When it comes to cancer, no amount if exposure is considered safe. Think of it this way, when it rains, what quantity of rain is required to wet all parts of a mosaic tile wall? The term for it is threshold. There is no threshold in sochiastic effect of cancer. Any exposure could result in adverse effect, if not now, later or never. But there is also the deterministic effect of cancer. .... that is the type that is experienced instantly. Like in radiation leak. With that there is threshold. Meaning a certain amount of exposure is required to cause harm. .....to be continued.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:39am On Apr 04, 2022
IDnoble80:
pass to where ever you like.. issue has been resolved!!!! Tell next to resolve his numerous issues.

Definitely not resolved by onlookers or those who had nothing valuable to add to the forum but by well meaning people who understands that there are no perfect being and no perfect contract.

I hope you understand where you belong now.

Imagine we tow your route when the issue arose what would have happened to the young man.

I just had to do this to let you know you’re inconsequential here. Just a number.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Itsrm(m): 9:40am On Apr 04, 2022
IDnoble80:

Go through my posts, I've been very hard on N3xt and my dead body will not be found giving him any project.

I am just pointing out the hypocrisy of someone who by his past is not any better.

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:41am On Apr 04, 2022
3KINGZ18:

Hand moulding

I’ll take a pass. I have the mould but only use them for personal projects.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Itsrm(m): 9:43am On Apr 04, 2022
michlins:
thank you for reminding me. I have learnt from that experience and I work extremely hard to ensure that there's no reoccurrence and thank God,it hasn't happened again.

I could have deleted that but I kept it there to remind myself that I am supposed to do better than that and that's what I work hard towards

You know what I remember about that incidence?

You could not manage conflict between you and your client till she had to drag you online.

If she had nowhere to drag you , nothing would have made you refund her.

Get off your high horse, there's very little difference between you and n3xt.

13 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by UC92: 9:48am On Apr 04, 2022
Itsrm:

Just passing by
The statement there is a correct one, it is called TOLERANCE. he actually did the right thing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 9:53am On Apr 04, 2022
Person2person:
It is very effective, but you will save some cash if you are to mix with black oil....the client has the final decision......to me, the black oil thing is messy compare to solignum only...make we dey use international standard small small. @ DUNKA
thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Itsrm(m): 9:54am On Apr 04, 2022
UC92:

The statement there is a correct one, it is called TOLERANCE. he actually did the right thing.

Tolerance is when you complain about a service and you're told you can't be helped. Continue

Anyway, I believe I've made my point, this will be my last post on this

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 9:56am On Apr 04, 2022
n3xt:

Bros e grin
Yes, Any advise from afar? grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:02am On Apr 04, 2022
DUNKA:
Yes, Any advise from afar? grin

Continue.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 10:07am On Apr 04, 2022
n3xt:

Continue.
You no get advise today? shocked

You remember as you like to point out I was previously your number 1 praisesinger here and on Kobocity grin.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:10am On Apr 04, 2022
DUNKA:
You no get advise today? shocked

You remember as you like to point out I was previously your number 1 praisesinger here and on Kobocity grin.

I was just trying to keep my friends close and my enemies closer.

I know thy works. grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by UC92: 10:12am On Apr 04, 2022
Itsrm:

Tolerance is when you complain about a service and you're told you can't be helped. Continue

Anyway, I believe I've made my point, this will be my last post on this
Oga sir, The TOLERANCE here is an engineering term, the limit of allowable variation in physical dimensions.

If for instance you hope to install a foreign door of 900mm on your build, your builder can decide to create doorways of 950mm, the additional 50mm will help to cater for the door bracing and the mortar renderings during installation so at the end you still have your door of 900mm.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 10:18am On Apr 04, 2022
n3xt:

I was just trying to keep my friends close and my enemies closer.

I know thy works. grin
Bosun, I really admired your passion and determination. You had the opportunity to be the number 1 go to builder on this site. When you see the number of old members here that praised and supported you in the past I feel you blew a very good opportunity with the endless complaints from clients and unending internet chatter back and forth.
Your greatest and biggest enemy is you, your pride and ego.

14 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toluyale(m): 10:18am On Apr 04, 2022
We manage your waste in a Bio system called Biodigester

A biodigester is a system that biologically digests organic material, either anaerobic (without oxygen ) or aerobically (with oxygen).

Anaerobic digestion, or methanization, uses the process of fermentation to break down organic matter from animals, plants or sewage to produce biogas. The process takes place within a centralized system in a unit called an anaerobic digester, also known as a biogas reactor or a biodigester.

There are installers there are installer,
Call on MICRAFT BIODIGESTER we are professional in our installation 08130300747

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:26am On Apr 04, 2022
DUNKA:
Bosun, I really admired your passion and determination. You had the opportunity to be the number 1 go to builder on this site. When you see the number of old members here that praised and supported you in the past I feel you blew a very good opportunity with the endless complaints from clients and unending internet chatter back and forth.
Your greatest and biggest enemy is you, your pride and ego.

I’ll respond to this shortly just to give you ideas of how this things happen. I’m on extremely low battery.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by back2sender: 10:27am On Apr 04, 2022
Please My people what is the going rate of iron rods in the market (Lagos /Ibeju Lekki axis)
How can one know a full-length iron with the right size? This is to avoid buying poor quality iron rods.
Are there any brands of iron rods one should look out for in the market?
Michlins this is your Constituency, so I expect some heads from you apart from responses from the house
10mm (134 Pieces)
12mm(93Pieces)
16mm (52 pieces)
20mm (34 pieces)
25mm (21 pieces)
I am interested in good quality local iron rods
Cc: Spyder, Twinskenny, Hajji, NEXT, EgunsBABA, Rotech,HSL Broker etc
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tsiriman(m): 10:37am On Apr 04, 2022
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by IDnoble80: 10:40am On Apr 04, 2022
n3xt:

I’ll respond to this shortly just to give you ideas of how this things happen. I’m on extremely low battery.
hehehe another story and another blame coming... You are still acting like kids

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 10:45am On Apr 04, 2022
Happy New week from Perfect Touch Aluminium

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 10:52am On Apr 04, 2022
DUNKA:

You are welcome sir.

As a professional that had been on this field for over 15 years in experience, below are the list of some woods that stand against termite, they Have odour that chase termite away, and there compartment won't allow termite to even penetrate them.

Akun
Itara
Eku
Orin dudu or Ayin
Okilolo
Biafra

All this woods are good woods if they are matured before cutting them down for roofing

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2906) (2907) (2908) (2909) (2910) (2911) (2912) ... (3670) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.