Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,281 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2954) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4395328 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2951) (2952) (2953) (2954) (2955) (2956) (2957) ... (3668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 3:14am On Apr 22, 2022
KolaShangOne:

You can only utulize the direction change pre-installation..

Post installing will have you using a ladder to change directions ..

That should be fine. I shouldn’t have to change the directions after install. Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 3:16am On Apr 22, 2022
topsy23:
Recent final sub circuit distribution board termination.

Call us today for your MEP Design and installation

A work of art as usual.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 3:20am On Apr 22, 2022
SurveyorGeo:
Is this possible?

Its almost a normal trip at this point.

A NairaLander used to do it yearly as I read but in a car.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Beframia: 3:28am On Apr 22, 2022
Don't do 0.45mm guage steptiles or metcoppo corrugation to avoid leaking issues. That's the headache Kolashangone is referring to.
Just go for longspan jejely if it's going to be 0.45mm. Most aluminum gauges are no more what they used to be.
You are doing well in your project, weldone.

redgem:

Can you please tell me the conditions? I am currently chatting with someone in Lagos, she said she supplies bozac aluminium earlier but now she is saying it's Authentic aluminium (brand name) she supplies. Her company's name is Bamaco. She doesn't have black color for metcoppo 0.45mm and that is what I want.. Their office is at Pleasure Bustop Abeokuta Express Way after Iyana Ipaja..
Money121 doesn't supply less than 0.55mm, I wasn't happy when I got to know cos since I started following this thread, I wanted to buy from him (cos I trust him).. Its hard to find trustworthy online vendors

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 6:27am On Apr 22, 2022
twinskenny:
Newly arrived!

Premium spot light
6w, 10w & 12w

Whats are the colors you have?
Can they fit into the space of AKT 6w pop light?
Whats the cost?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 7:18am On Apr 22, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

A work of art as usual.

Thank you sir

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:52am On Apr 22, 2022
Jasobry:

Whats are the colors you have?
Can they fit into the space of AKT 6w pop light?
Whats the cost?

There is pure white and also two color of white and warm white

6watts is 1700, 10w is 2150, 13watts is 2800

With a year warranty
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Paras011: 8:41am On Apr 22, 2022
Why you Need Corrosion-resistant TMT Iron Rods for your Building

Why reinforced concrete corrodes

The strength of the larger parts of a structure is derived from the TMT iron rods that hold the concrete firm. Consequently, if local iron rods, which have low rust or corrosion resistance, are used to build a structure, especially in humid areas where weather conditions cause high level of corrosion, the entire structure is not safe.

Corrosion is a natural process that occurs when the iron rods used to reinforce concrete rust.

How corrosion occurs

Corrosion is an electrochemical process. It starts when certain materials, which are very harmful to iron rods, begin to penetrate reinforced concrete.

Electrons migrate from the anodic zone to the cathodic zone, releasing ferrous ions at the anode and hydroxide ions at the cathode. This leads to a potential difference between the anodic and cathodic areas at the surface of the steel reinforcement.

This results in the creation of rust. Rust causes the surrounding concrete to crack and become damaged. These cracks then make their way to the surface of the concrete which causes even more CO2 and chloride to penetrate the concrete and speed up the process of corrosion.

What corrosion-resistant TMT iron rods offer

The manufacturing process of Thermo-Mechanically-Treated (TMT) iron rods gives them enhanced rust and corrosion resistance. This is one of the reasons why they are better than local iron rods. TIGER TMT iron rods, the best TMT brand in Nigeria, have greater corrosion resistance because they have perfect chemistry and the right carbon content which make them to withstand rust and corrosion, and enhance total life of the structure from the time of construction.

Durability and longevity
Corrosion-resistant TMT iron rods will protect your building from corrosion whether or not you reside in areas with regular and high exposure to corrosion. This improves the longevity of the building.

Long-term financial benefits
The damage caused by corrosion needs a lot of repairs and maintenance to correct which will definitely cost you more. Constant repairs also reduce the lifespan of a building. A corrosion-resistant TMT iron rods guide against the losses that may be incurred due to the repairs.

Perfect ductility and strength
The unique manufacturing process of TMT iron rods gives them high yield strength and ductility that make your building withstand natural disasters and keep it strong for decades.

Peace of mind
Peace of mind and assurance come with the knowledge that your building is built with the best and high quality TMT iron rods. You will sleep with your eyes firmly shut knowing full well that your building is capable of standing the test of time.

Use TIGER TMT iron rods for all construction types

TIGER TMT iron rods have greater anti-corrosion properties than any other brand. This is enabled by the automated labs and the most modern testing equipment which are used to test the microstructure.

By resisting corrosion, TIGER TMT iron rods are able to bear huge load of a complete structure and protect it from spalling and cracking.

Click HERE for more construction-related blogs
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 9:28am On Apr 22, 2022
Greetings from Perfect Touch Aluminium. May the new day be a perfect one for all. A ku ola jimoh oni o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 9:41am On Apr 22, 2022
bobkezel:
@sonnie10
I don't know you personally, I don't know your behaviour offline, but on here, your comments are childish.
@n3xt a sane person would have sorted out his gbese before coming here to rub his koboko whip city madness on our faces.
@micgray100 n3xt gave you part of the money that's why you have been mute.

You guys should take it easy with @blessedsunny naija hard.
BRO bobkezel.... Please free me on N3XT matter.. My reason for keeping mute on this platform is more than n3xt issue with somehow...

If you look at my posts on this platform, i have consistently advice N3xt to pay back Somehow.

I am a CAC Agent. I only did a service for n3xt in officially registering KOBOCITY with Cooperate Affairs Commission (CAC).

i am not the only one here on this platform that have one or two things to do with n3xt.

I discover there are more cabals on this property section than even Nigeria cabals..
i discover the cabals are not even professionals in Building/ Property Industry..

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 11:02am On Apr 22, 2022
redgem:
Guys please I need the address for Bozac aluminium factory in Lagos..

Oga redgem purchase the steptiles roofing sheet from imranroofing

Payment confirmed!!

Thanks so much for your patronage!!

We appreciate

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/6td-5Dayki8
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 11:03am On Apr 22, 2022
KolaShangOne:

0.45mm Metcoppo? That combination might give you headache.

Didn't go with metcoppo, got steptiles.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cretin: 11:05am On Apr 22, 2022
Got a quote of almost 550k for an 18ft tank stand, for a bungalow, in the south east this appears outrageous. abeg what is the average quotes, for a tank stand using 4inch pipe or 4-3/8'' I frame
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 11:06am On Apr 22, 2022
money121:

Oga redgem purchase the steptiles roofing sheet from imranroofing

Payment confirmed!!

Thanks so much for your patronage!!

We appreciate

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/6td-5Dayki8

I have peace of mind now... Thank you so much

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 11:08am On Apr 22, 2022
redgem:

I have peace of mind now... Thank you so much
You are welcome i will keep you update with video and pics!!

STAY TUNE!!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cretin: 11:08am On Apr 22, 2022
topsy23:
Recent final sub circuit distribution board termination.

Call us today for your MEP Design and installation

very neat job,
is there any advantage having it on the surface, instead of hidden or buried in the block work?
prefer the buried type
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 11:09am On Apr 22, 2022
Beframia:
Don't do 0.45mm guage steptiles or metcoppo corrugation to avoid leaking issues. That's the headache Kolashangone is referring to.
Just go for longspan jejely if it's going to be 0.45mm. Most aluminum gauges are no more what they used to be.
You are doing well in your project, weldone.

I don't really fancy longspan, I have seen buildings with it... When I love it, is when it is used on very high roofs. I knew nothing about the leaking and all and my engineer advised I should go with metcoppo before we started the project.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 11:11am On Apr 22, 2022
dongc:

Bozac deals mostly with coils...I think they have some corrugators they work with....try their numbers below and see....otherwise there are many other companies available nationwide you can walk in and buy your own sheets if you have a cuttinglist or roof design..Asaba aluminium a subsidiary of Tower would have been your best bet but they closed Benin office not sure they have new address...Try Agen maybe pricy..
Best aluminium or first Aluminum....excellent quality but pricy...

Thank you for this...though I have been able to get the aluminium sheets...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 11:15am On Apr 22, 2022
cretin:

very neat job,
is there any advantage having it on the surface, instead of hidden or buried in the block work?
prefer the buried type

It's a renovation project and the client want it surface ... Most of our new installations are recessed in the wall.

See below pictures

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 11:27am On Apr 22, 2022
cretin:
Got a quote of almost 550k for an 18ft tank stand, for a bungalow, in the south east this appears outrageous. abeg what is the average quotes, for a tank stand using 4inch pipe or 4-3/8'' I frame

Cc michlin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 11:33am On Apr 22, 2022

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:29pm On Apr 22, 2022
redgem:

Didn't go with metcoppo, got steptiles.

You're doing well Ma.

Two areas that I do not compromise on in any build are foundation and roofing because of the alarming inconvenience to correct them.

Very nicely done.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 12:37pm On Apr 22, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

You're doing well Ma.

Two areas that I do not compromise on in any build is foundation and roofing because of the alarming inconvenience to correct them.

Very nicely done.

very true

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 12:43pm On Apr 22, 2022
We are still here.. finally at roofing stage ..

Egbon money121 your name has been. Forwarded cheesy

Attached automatic change over we are considering for this project

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 12:47pm On Apr 22, 2022
twinskenny:
We are still here.. finally at roofing stage ..

Egbon money121 your name has been. Forwarded cheesy

Attached automatic change over we are considering for this project

Woww patiently waiting oga mi sir

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SanniOluwafemi(m): 12:58pm On Apr 22, 2022
For home/office furniture -

Contact Maplewood Furniture @ 08022283035/07032186146

Flexibility, reliability & excellent service delivery is key!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 1:08pm On Apr 22, 2022
money121:

STAY TUNE!!

Corrugation of Steptiles Aluminium in progress!!
Guage:0.45mm
Color: Traffic Black

Whatsapp 08085310359

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/6sRTCBNSDqw
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:10pm On Apr 22, 2022
money121:

Woww patiently waiting oga mi sir

When you do good, people will remember you for good things.

Keep hoisting the flag.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by back2sender: 1:11pm On Apr 22, 2022
kalu61:
Ongoing reinforcement work and boarding of columns and beams in one our projects in MOUAU.
Mr Kalu 61,

What is the size of the iron rods used for the pillars?

What is the size/thickness of the pillars done?

This is how many storey/floors building?

What is the brand of iron rods used? its local or foriegn ?

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 1:11pm On Apr 22, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

When you do good, people will remember you for good things.

Keep hoisting the flag.
Thanks my oga at the Top

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 1:24pm On Apr 22, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

You're doing well Ma.

Two areas that I do not compromise on in any build are foundation and roofing because of the alarming inconvenience to correct them.

Very nicely done.

Thanks so much Sir, I appreciate...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 1:26pm On Apr 22, 2022
money121:

STAY TUNE!!

Thank you Sir..

(1) (2) (3) ... (2951) (2952) (2953) (2954) (2955) (2956) (2957) ... (3668) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kopell, diordaves(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.