Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,559 members, 7,955,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:10 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3063) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4713311 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3060) (3061) (3062) (3063) (3064) (3065) (3066) ... (3755) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 6:15pm On Jul 15, 2022
kalu61:
This is beautiful. Does it include the finishing l am seeing.
Yes sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 6:25pm On Jul 15, 2022
QSFemi:
Can we have the cost summary of the project based on the following;
Substructure/Foundation
Block work and Lintel
Roofing
Doors and Windows and Burglary
Plastering/Painting
Floor Finishes
Ceiling Finishes
Electrical Installation Services
Mechanical Installation Services
Preliminaries (Setting out, water for the works, scaffold, storage for water etc)

These were handled by my Company which I can't speak much on the Scopes of Project Management of The Company...but for more details,pls go through the attached Thread on the Quoted Post.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 6:26pm On Jul 15, 2022
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 6:43pm On Jul 15, 2022
QSFemi:
Point of correction with respect to the quoted, Architects do not prescribe nor design size or quantity of rebars in any building element. It's the job of a structural engineer.

Well yes that was what I meant
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 7:17pm On Jul 15, 2022
bastien:
I have made inquiries about architectural and structural work and it quite expensive, I’m still saving thou, but would it be best one builds bungalow?

will hit you soon, saved your number already
We appreciate that alot chief...
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 10:02pm On Jul 15, 2022
olukaygold:
4Million naira Two bedroom bungalow Project Constructed by GoldenView Building and Construction Ltd RC 1900199... more details on this My Thread https://www.nairaland.com/7107400/building-2bedroom-bungalow-hidden-flat

4M? Finishings included??
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olumighty123(m): 10:51pm On Jul 15, 2022
topsy23:

You need to fix the burglary and, door and windows,
Next is the cabling for the electrical and tiling can as well commence too

All this has been done.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olumighty123(m): 10:52pm On Jul 15, 2022
Rany4all:
By "plumbing fixtures" I actually meant toilets, showers, wash hand basins, water heaters and the likes, and not piping o. Does that mean you did those before tiling?

No no, it's just the piping that has been done.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 5:31am On Jul 16, 2022
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 7:06am On Jul 16, 2022
hamtabfawaz:

4M? Finishings included??

Yes sir...for more details pls contact me.T&C apply.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 7:26am On Jul 16, 2022
olukaygold:

What is the terms of payment? The 4m all at once or is it in instalment as work progresses?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hamachi(f): 7:33am On Jul 16, 2022
Good morning.
Whenever it rains, the decking leaks. The building is a storey building however there is a tank on the decking
Abeg make una help me
What's the solution

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 7:56am On Jul 16, 2022
hslbroker2:
We are still in business remember us for your ordering, free delivery, payment on delivery (POD)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aduragbemi45(m): 8:22am On Jul 16, 2022
Olumighty123:
Engineers in the house, I have a project I'm working on, house has been plastered, I want to know what the next step would be, from tiling, to wall screeding, to fixing the toilet seats and the likes, note: I want to do it step by step, not financially buoyant, I'd like to start from bathroom wall tilling, I was thinking they may need to break those walls later when the shower and toilets seat are about to be installed, I'm just not sure, I'd like someone to put me through.
Good morning sir, for your Ceilling Pop, wall screeding, windowhood precast, pls contact Adyem interior concepts. 08107300212. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by elchariotlp: 8:26am On Jul 16, 2022
Good morning all.

Any POP cement seller in the house.

About 400 bags needed in Ojo, Lagos.

Please confirm price and payment terms here.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:51am On Jul 16, 2022
Olumighty123:

All this has been done.

POP and tiling should be next then

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 8:53am On Jul 16, 2022
sonnie10:

What is the terms of payment? The 4m all at once or is it in instalment as work progresses?

You can Pay at once or Instalmentally, anyone that's convenient for you as long as it won't delay the Project.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:59am On Jul 16, 2022
olukaygold:
You can Pay at once or Instalmentally, anyone that's convenient for you as long as it won't delay the Project.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aduragbemi45(m): 9:07am On Jul 16, 2022
topsy23:

POP and tiling should be next then
pop before tiling sir.. we got you covered @ Adyem interior... 08107300212
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toyeoye(m): 9:39am On Jul 16, 2022
olukaygold:

Please be transparent and share your T&C here so that it's standard for all prospective clients.
Thank you

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 9:40am On Jul 16, 2022
We Don open shop oo,

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 10:28am On Jul 16, 2022
toyeoye:

Please be transparent and share your T&C here so that it's standard for all prospective clients.
Thank you
Actually The T&C are very Straightforward and well understanding due to cost of Materials that are not stable in the Market and The 4Millions covers ONLY The Building (Two bedroom bungalow). this excluding soakaway,borehole, fencing and compound flooring.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 10:46am On Jul 16, 2022
olukaygold:

Actually The T&C are very Straightforward and well understanding due to cost of Materials that are not stable in the Market and The 4Millions covers ONLY The Building (Two bedroom bungalow). this excluding soakaway,borehole, fencing and compound flooring.

But you're trying.

₦4m to errect a 2 bedroom bungalow from foundation to finishing and they actually meet building standards?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 10:56am On Jul 16, 2022
somehow:

But you're trying.

₦4m to errect a 2 bedroom bungalow from foundation to finishing and they actually meet building standards?

All the building materials I used are Quality Materials,right from Pipe to cables(cutix brand) to Mable down to Tiles.the building is for rentage and lots of People have been calling my client already.This is not the first Project,and not the Second sir cheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 11:03am On Jul 16, 2022
olukaygold:

All the building materials I used are Quality Materials,right from Pipe to cables(cutix brand) to Mable down to Tiles.the building is for rentage and lots of People have been calling my client already.This is not the first Project,and not the Second sir cheesy

Interesting...

Would like to see more of the buildings you started and completed though...

"Mind sharing your mix ratio and the likes"......
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 11:09am On Jul 16, 2022
We're still waiting or our next clients.

Contact CHOICE COST CONSULT for for quantity surveying services, viz-a-viz

1) Bill of Quantities (Projected estimated cost of construction)
2) Materials and Labour Schedule (breakdown of cost of materials and labour respectively for your construction projects)
3) Valuation of ongoing construction works (know the cost of already existing or ongoing construction)
4) Bidding and Tendering for construction jobs (As a contractor bidding for jobs, you need competitive tender to win the job. Nobody can help you out except a quantity surveyor.
5) Pricing of blank/unpriced bill of quantities for tendering purposes.
6) Invitation, pre-qualification and selection of contractor based on suitable tendering procedure. Don't award your jobs to the least bidder bit the least responsive bidder. Be smart. Don't let contractors fool you.
7) Contract administration from inception to completion of your projects. (interpretation of conditions of contract is one of the duties of a smart quantity surveyor)
cool Preparation of both feasibility and viability studies (if you're engaging in a commercial construction works, know the payback period and rate of investment of your projects. Nobody does it better than a quantity surveyor.
9) Life cycle costing
10) Cost control
11) Cash flow forecasting
Etc

Contact us today.
Mobile no: 09012800750
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 11:18am On Jul 16, 2022
somehow:

Interesting...

Would like to see more of the buildings you started and completed though...

"Mind sharing your mix ratio and the likes"......
You can search for Olukaygold on nairaland sir,everything You want to know is there already(both the deleted and hidden threads ).my early this Year Project (Mini flat completed with 2.5m) thread is still on my profile.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 11:28am On Jul 16, 2022
olukaygold:

You can search for Olukaygold on nairaland sir,everything You want to know is there already(both the deleted and hidden threads ).my early this Year Project (Mini flat completed with 2.5m) thread is still on my profile.
That wasn't completed but will do.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Toscoas2(m): 12:07pm On Jul 16, 2022
Good day to you all.
Please professionals in the house can I use 10mm for lintel. My bricklayer advised that we should use 100mm for window, doors and bracing while 12mm goes with pillar. I need advise pls. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 12:11pm On Jul 16, 2022
somehow:

That wasn't completed but will do.
Alrighty sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 12:44pm On Jul 16, 2022
Lintel varies in size depending on the width of the opening, to conclude that 10mm dia rods are okay for all lintels is not a good advice. The size of rebar for lintels depends largely on opening width but on the average 12mm is used.

However if you are trying to save cost then make 100mm precast concrete lintels (for regular doors and small windows) and place them over the openings this will surfice.

For a bungalow,  12mm rods is appropriate for your columns but as the number of floors increases, the size and number of rebars should also increase so also the size of the columns.

Toscoas2:
Good day to you all.
Please professionals in the house can I use 10mm for lintel. My bricklayer advised that we should use 100mm for window, doors and bracing while 12mm goes with pillar. I need advise pls. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 1:43pm On Jul 16, 2022
Wooden tile Spanish product new offload (blessedsunny2) 23by120

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3060) (3061) (3062) (3063) (3064) (3065) (3066) ... (3755) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.