Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,738 members, 7,809,827 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3088) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4369057 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3085) (3086) (3087) (3088) (3089) (3090) (3091) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 9:51pm On Aug 04, 2022
Good evening.

In case you are wondering how my day went, here's a peek into it

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 9:56pm On Aug 04, 2022
Buy this products and have rest of mind. 3years warranty on it

LIPER products with German standard

Check our thread for our installations

https://www.nairaland.com/6980507/distribution-boards-final-sub-circuit#112800191

ThanksLet us handle you DB termination and enjoy good cable management

Check our thread for more pictures

https://www.nairaland.com/6980507/distribution-boards-final-sub-circuit#112800191

Thanks...

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:13pm On Aug 04, 2022
FEGEITOK:

I noticed what you did to that window, that is professionalism on display, it means minimal need to clean windows after the work is done!

Keep it up
That is part of us it’s becoming an inborn ”cleanness is next to godliness”
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 10:15pm On Aug 04, 2022
Aventures:

Sir, some of us here has been in the field for about 2 decades and series of experiences and cost mgt. But please stop defending 112 block to a bag of cement it is poor job of highest order. The ideal standard is that you mortar must have same strength as your block and it has been establish as 50 blocks to a bag of cement on the average.
I agree with You sir. Concerning the 112blocks,let me break it down here,first;Due to the stable soil,We used 6inches concrete block throughout the Project,saves mortal compare to 9inches concrete block settings. Secondly; I always tell my Masons to always maintain 2.5cm(1" ) _4cm(1½inches) for bedding and spaces between two concrete blocks in a couch in other to save mortals.
Thirdly; my mortal mixing ratio for block settings is 1:8 16 headpan per bag.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:19pm On Aug 04, 2022
Akerewe:

For the block settings, u mean 1:6 x 2 = 12 head pan of sand to 1 bag of cement in all

Yes, the mix ratio is vey simple my “BABA LATI bricklayer SON even know this …. More so if the sharp sand is lighter in nature , go for ratio 1:5= 10 head pan.

It’s good to follow due process, building supposed to last btw 70-100yrs or more
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:23pm On Aug 04, 2022
bolu1986:

We are glad to be part of this project... see you soon boss

No wahala. You are part of this in Benin
Make all of you with twinsnenny bring my non Alcoholic Hennessy while coming for this new again at lekki area

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 10:25pm On Aug 04, 2022
diordaves:

Flat roof in any shape or form will always not be my thing either structurally or aesthetically.

The attached photos are Money121 work. Beautifully and professionally done. However, look at the areas I've highlighted yellow, where the roof meet the wall. This is one of my concerns with flat roof. I'm not convinced that over time that the highlighted areas will not have issues with damp walls and water ingress. Over time. That area of the roof has higher than normal (hip/gable roof) propensity to fail.

Flat roof na like high maintenance girlfriend.
/

That's because what he did there is not how to implement flat roofing. That's a horrible job.

/

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 11:27pm On Aug 04, 2022
Timtol:
Kindly reach out to us for your designs(building plans) and construction works...
08100452977(WhatsApp) 08127167275

https://www.nairaland.com/6345288/construction-4bd-rm-duplex-benin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 1:55am On Aug 05, 2022

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yemi2plus(m): 4:44am On Aug 05, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Chief, thanks for watching out. I heard about it too. I don't keep late nights anymore in Ibadan. By 6PM I don enter my compound.

Please which side of Elebu did this happen? I stay in Elebu too.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 5:20am On Aug 05, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Chief, thanks for watching out. I heard about it too. I don't keep late nights anymore in Ibadan. By 6PM I don enter my compound.

Hey, hope you are okay? You are barely here

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 6:15am On Aug 05, 2022
We, at His Grace Interior and Exterior Decoration, always have the interest of our clients at heart. Therefore, in a bid to relieve you and make it easier for you to complete your project this year, we're giving you 20% discount on all projects handled by us.
This is not only for our existing clients, it is also opened to new customers.
With this -ember months discount, you can get your p.o.p ceiling installed witout breaking the bank.
There will also be discounts on all our other services like
*Wall and deck screeding
*Pillars and Arc designs,
*Windows and doors design,
*Wall demarcation and skirting,
*Parapets screeding e.t.c
Contact us while offer last, for durable and pocket friendly service.
Reach us on +2347069462837 or at hisgraceinteriors@gmail.com
Or visit our website on our signature

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KIDfurniture(m): 6:44am On Aug 05, 2022
Kindly bring the picture of the job forward so we can learn from his mistakes ! Thank you . I m about to give my project a Lean to roof .

InvertedHammer:

/

That's because what he did there is not how to implement flat roofing. That's a horrible job.

/

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 7:24am On Aug 05, 2022
Still your blessed sunny global investment home of building materials and also blessed Sam building materials enterprises.(blessedsunny2 general tiles)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 7:38am On Aug 05, 2022
Don't miss this offer 20% off, this is teal, opportunity to fix your pop, wall screeding, artwork, tv console.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 7:49am On Aug 05, 2022
Don't miss this offer 20% off, this is real, opportunity to fix your pop, wall screeding, artwork, tv console, we do this every year

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:52am On Aug 05, 2022
yemi2plus:

Please which side of Elebu did this happen? I stay in Elebu too.

Conflicting stories but the commonality is Yidi side.

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:57am On Aug 05, 2022
redgem:

Hey, hope you are okay? You are barely here

I’m very okay Sir. Historically, many of us, even Hajji, take a break from this thread once in a while.

But I’m still very much on NairaLand and if my attention is noted I respond.

Have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 8:59am On Aug 05, 2022
kiekie1:
HURRY!! LIMITED STOCK!!!

Brand new 1000 watts 12v Pure sine wave power Inverter (no charging feature).

Ideal for users on a budget and for keeps as rainy-day backup.Ideal for campers. Ideal for 12v off-grid systems "optional external battery charger can be attached to supplement solar array against periodic rainy weather". Ideal for automobile uses ensuring pure sine wave safe output..

Actual/Continuous power is 1000w. Peak power is 2000w. Soft start feature enhances smooth powering of refrigerator, sensitive appliances.
Idle watt consumption 7 watts.

Protection features:
-Low voltage shutdown
-Over voltage shutdown
-Short circuit shutdown
-Over temperature shutdown
-Overload protection
-Polarity reverse fuse protection
-Earth leakage protection

Firm Price: 45,000

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Available...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 9:00am On Aug 05, 2022
HURRY! JINKO SOLAR , LITHIUM BATTERY PACKAGE!!

Package A: 3.2m
Deye 3.6kw 48v "PV4680" hybrid inverter
Battery Cabinet
7.2kwhr lithium batteries

Package B: 4.2m
Deye 5kw 48v "PV6500"
Battery cabinet
9.6kwhr lithium batteries

Package C: 7.2m
Deye 8kw 48v "PV10040"
Battery cabinet x2
12.5kwhr lithium batteries

Package D: 7.5
Goodwe 10kw 3ph 102v "PV1300"
Battery cabinet
Combiner
High voltage control box
12.5kwhr lithium batteries

Package E: 4.2m
Deye 3.6kw 48v "PV4680"
Battery cabinet
7.2kwhr lithium batteries
3.8kw Solar panel

Package F: 5.2m
Deye 5kw 48v "PV6500"
Battery cabinet
9.6kwhr lithium batteries
4560kw Solar panel

5yr Standard warranty
Product datasheet available on request.

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 9:36am On Aug 05, 2022
We, at His Grace Interior and Exterior Decoration, always have the interest of our clients at heart. Therefore, in a bid to relieve you and make it easier for you to complete your project this year, we're giving you 20% discount on all projects handled by us.
With this -ember months discount, you can get your p.o.p ceiling installed witout breaking the bank.
*Wall and deck screeding

N.B: Terms and Conditions applied.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 10:17am On Aug 05, 2022
Born2conquer:

Hello family, what's your thought on this? Is it a good buy?
If that location is by legislative quarters there is pending case on the entire estate. I bought couple in that estate 10 years ago. Even though civil defense cooperative have all there paperwork intact the legislators trying to take it over, the case is still pending. Dino Malayer was the senate chairman on Abuja matter then, when there filled the case. Be careful in what you want to getting in to.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Akerewe(m): 1:18pm On Aug 05, 2022
rotecch77:

Yes, the mix ratio is vey simple my “BABA LATI bricklayer SON even know this …. More so if the sharp sand is lighter in nature , go for ratio 1:5= 10 head pan.

It’s good to follow due process, building supposed to last btw 70-100yrs or more

Of course yes, practically speaking, 12 headpan of sand to 1 bag of cement will set 55 numbers of 9" inch blocks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 1:32pm On Aug 05, 2022
KIDfurniture:
Kindly bring the picture of the job forward so we can learn from his mistakes ! Thank you . I m about to give my project a Lean to roof .

/
rmx has a picture of the right way to do it.
You will need a flat sheet measured, cut and contoured to cover the side walls from top. The top part should extend to cover the top wall caps. This will ensure that you will never worry about water leakage ever. It shouldn't add much to the overall cost of roofing.

/

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 2:00pm On Aug 05, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

I’m very okay Sir. Historically, many of us, even Hajji, take a break from this thread once in a while.

But I’m still very much on NairaLand and if my attention is noted I respond.

Have a nice day.

Okay...good to know you are okay.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 2:02pm On Aug 05, 2022
cash1115:

*Wall and deck screeding

Hmmmm...this 20% discount runs till what month?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 2:09pm On Aug 05, 2022
Lovely products from LEGRAND.

Call or whatsapp us today
Call/Whatsapp 08033643191

Check our thread for our installations

Thanks Let us handle you DB termination and enjoy good cable management

Check our thread for more pictures

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 2:17pm On Aug 05, 2022
Akerewe:

Of course yes, practically speaking, 12 headpan of sand to 1 bag of cement will set 55 numbers of 9" inch blocks
You are very correct, bravo you …. if you try manage your waste very well with 25mm joint … you can achieve like 60 blocks or so

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mikw: 2:27pm On Aug 05, 2022
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KIDfurniture(m): 3:26pm On Aug 05, 2022
Plz I want to see the wrong way of doing it and the right now oh. I believe it can be done in 2 ways! 1) hidden flat roof with blocks covering the roof left ;right center while the 2) the roof seats on the block which makes the roof visible to all. How can I get both pix ?

InvertedHammer:

/
rmx has a picture of the right way to do it.
You will need a flat sheet measured, cut and contoured to cover the side walls from top. The top part should extend to cover the top wall caps. This will ensure that you will never worry about water leakage ever. It shouldn't add much to the overall cost of roofing.

/

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 3:44pm On Aug 05, 2022
KIDfurniture:
Plz I want to see the wrong way of doing it and the right now oh. I believe it can be done in 2 ways! 1) hidden flat roof with blocks covering the roof left ;right center while the 2) the roof seats on the block which makes the roof visible to all. How can I get both pix ?

Those side block walls should be covered with aluminum pan. Usually those people that bend the aluminum pans should be able
to use the measurements to bend the flat pans to fit exactly into the space. The goal is to make sure that the block works and
cap above the flat roof are not be exposed to water. That is a permanent way to ensure no leakage nor water soaking the walls whatsoever.

NB: if done well and channelled well, the roof will last a lifetime with no leakage problems.

Picture credit: rmx
/

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Akerewe(m): 3:57pm On Aug 05, 2022
rotecch77:

You are very correct, bravo you …. if you try manage your waste very well with 25mm joint … you can achieve like 60 blocks or so

Like someone said above, we need someone reliable to b around our project, imagine a bricklayer decided to measure 15 headpan of sand for 1 bag of cement for setting blocks contrary to 12 headpan of sand Instructed nd when confronted he refused to measure the stipulated portion claiming it's a standard until we change it for him big time nd treating to sack him before he heed to our instructions to measure 12headpan. We need to b around because these guys are foolish pple and are ready to do away with our materials if chanced.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3085) (3086) (3087) (3088) (3089) (3090) (3091) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: nwaorlu, Gen2men and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.