Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,496 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3158) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4390849 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3155) (3156) (3157) (3158) (3159) (3160) (3161) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Goodman001: 4:19pm On Oct 06, 2022
KolaShangOne:

This quote is very fair.
thanks sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 4:19pm On Oct 06, 2022
Procarpenter:
Done at ifo ogun state.sylet work
Check it out I do all type of roofing

Well done
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 4:22pm On Oct 06, 2022
Petmayor:
Please guys, I want to do Parapet (Full Casting) without buying/using woods so as to cut cost. I heard there is an option of using Molly (shaped Metal) for the casting instead of wood. Is this true? Does it actually safe money?

I need contact of someone in Ibadan who can cast the Parapet using this method.

I'll appreciate helpful comments/response please. Thanks.

Which area in ibadan is it?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 4:29pm On Oct 06, 2022
We are available for your

pop
screeding
pre cast paraphet
tv wall
etc

07088534661 whatsapp

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oduncojamaica(m): 4:32pm On Oct 06, 2022
Goodman001:
Hello , please this is the floor plan for an on going project..electrical guy gave me this list for just sorting out the pipes that wire would go through in the walls..we are about to do parapet..he gave his workmanship as 50k but we price to 40k..is he fair..
Ps..In his favour though, he is really good at his job.
Pls I think roofing should come first before you go for electrical conduit . Just asking

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 5:26pm On Oct 06, 2022
oduncojamaica:

Pls I think roofing should come first before you go for electrical conduit . Just asking
Not necessarily Sir. Electrical piping can sometimes be done before roofing, especially if you want to avoid cracking concrete later on or if you plan on installing some sort of lights on your concrete fascia. I started my own piping just before casting lintel and my electrician preferred it that way because it made the work easier for him (no concrete cracking).

That being said, if you're going by this route then you may just put only the plastic pipes before the roofing and then add the knockout boxes, DB, and so on after roofing to avoid corrosion of metal parts from exposure to rain, especially if you're not roofing immediately.

See sample below!
If you zoom into that entrance porch in the 2nd picture, you'll notice a pipe that runs through lintel and roofing beam without any cracking whatsoever. Also note that the knockout box for the socket was not installed at the time.

2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Goodman001: 5:39pm On Oct 06, 2022
oduncojamaica:

I felt so too, but the electric guy said it would require more cracking and breaking of the parapet lintel..since we haven’t cast the parapet yet he said it’s best we install the piping inside the “parapet lintel”reinforcement woodwork and then cast around it.
We have already done normal lintel, and he said he would have to crack that which isn’t too nice and neat..so best we install pipes now before casting of parapet.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 6:43pm On Oct 06, 2022
Goodman001:
Hello , please this is the floor plan for an on going project..electrical guy gave me this list for just sorting out the pipes that wire would go through in the walls..we are about to do parapet..he gave his workmanship as 50k but we price to 40k..is he fair..
Ps..In his favour though, he is really good at his job.

Is the electrician doing full or half conduit?

The quantity of pipe he quoted can't finish the work if he's doing full conduit
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hargbo(m): 10:03pm On Oct 06, 2022
A quick question to all the Engineers and Quantity of Surveyors in the house, what's the cost of building a modern four-bedroom Duplex in Nigeria today; using Lagos as a case study

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oduncojamaica(m): 12:27am On Oct 07, 2022
Rany4all:
Not necessarily Sir. Electrical piping can sometimes be done before roofing, especially if you want to avoid cracking concrete later on or if you plan on installing some sort of lights on your concrete fascia. I started my own piping just before casting lintel and my electrician preferred it that way because it made the work easier for him (no concrete cracking).

That being said, if you're going by this route then you may just put only the plastic pipes before the roofing and then add the knockout boxes, DB, and so on after roofing to avoid corrosion of metal parts from exposure to rain, especially if you're not roofing immediately.

See sample below!
If you zoom into that entrance porch in the 2nd picture, you'll notice a pipe that runs through lintel and roofing beam without any cracking whatsoever. Also note that the knockout box for the socket was not installed at the time.

Thanks
At the bolded is my reason for the question.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rehirere70: 1:50am On Oct 07, 2022
Blessedsunny2:
Your high quality Spanish tiles
I like your job.
Where are you based?
Could I have your whatsapp #?
Let's talk
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Goodman001: 3:40am On Oct 07, 2022
topsy23:

Is the electrician doing full or half conduit?

The quantity of pipe he quoted can't finish the work if he's doing full conduit
I really don’t know o, but he mentioned doing what’s important for now and once we roof we can finish up, so with that I think maybe it’s not full conduit..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Successbay: 7:01am On Oct 07, 2022
Thanks for sharing

gbadexy:

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Successbay: 7:10am On Oct 07, 2022
Hmmmmm.. Plywood better than HDF? Wahala

sonnie10:
There are different qualities of MDF boards and also there are different qualities of HDF boards.
If you don’t buy from a reliable dealer, even plywood would be better than your HDF board.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 7:22am On Oct 07, 2022
Successbay:
Thanks for sharing

I'm the one privileged sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dannie007(m): 7:28am On Oct 07, 2022
Are you in need of a very Good professional Furniture or Wood Expert for your New or Old homes look no further we gat you covered anywhere in Nigeria.

OX Furnitures / Interior. You can contact us on Whatsapp 09090040008 or Call 08066377733.

Walldrop.
Kitchen Cabinet.
Television Stand.
Beds
Flush Doors (HDF)
Sitting Chairs. Etc

Contact us for any Wood Work and be sure of Rest of mind..

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 8:11am On Oct 07, 2022
Hello,
We're still here.
Let's fix the ceiling of your new home! It's what we do best
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Reeefe(m): 8:24am On Oct 07, 2022
hamtabfawaz:

You're on point.

But there are actually wooden doors that can last more years.

(Forgive the image quality!) Below is a pic of a door that has lasted over 18 years & still counting.
Bath area ain't even screened!

what is this made of?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:43am On Oct 07, 2022
Goodman001:
I really don’t know o, but he mentioned doing what’s important for now and once we roof we can finish up, so with that I think maybe it’s not full conduit..

Good morning sir, that means he's not doing lighting but installing DB carcass now is not advisable since there is no roof . Might get ruay because it's not weatherproof
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 9:49am On Oct 07, 2022

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 10:12am On Oct 07, 2022
rehirere70:

I like your job.
Where are you based?
Could I have your whatsapp #?
Let's talk
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 11:17am On Oct 07, 2022
Another Successful Installation of Water Collectors ( Rain Gutters)

Site Location: Benin Edo State

COLOUR: BLACK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whDnlPMXDlw

Kindly promote us by sharing

To get the Cost of the Rain guter for this Building Call/WhatsApp 08085310359
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 11:46am On Oct 07, 2022
Reeefe:

what is this made of?

hard wood!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jeff68: 12:44pm On Oct 07, 2022
Good Day All,

How much is fair to pay for installation of Split AC Units in Lagos?

Also, I need to convert a 4 bedroom bungalow (the rooms are fairly big) to 2 units of 2 bedroom flats in Ibadan, rough estimate, how much should I have in mind? just contemplating.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rapunzel403: 12:52pm On Oct 07, 2022
Hello gurus on this educating thread, i want to seize this opportunity to thank you all for the well seasoned information I've gathered from here. We started our kobokobo project 2months ago and below are the pics of how far we have gone. It's a 5 room bungalow with penthouse as the current economy won't permit us own a duplex yet. �.
PS: the height of the foundation is 6coaches of blocks + the beam all round which makes it about 7coaches before German flooring. Please what is the pros and cons of this type of foundation. It's on a dry table and solid ground.
Oga Spyder
Oga Hajj
Oga twinskenny
Oga feigk
All other gurus
Please come Chuck mouth for this matter. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rapunzel403: 1:00pm On Oct 07, 2022
Rapunzel403:
Hello gurus on this educating thread, i want to seize this opportunity to thank you all for the well seasoned information I've gathered from here. We started our kobokobo project 2months ago and below are the pics of how far we have gone. It's a 5 room bungalow with penthouse as the current economy won't permit us own a duplex yet. �.
PS: the height of the foundation is 6coaches of blocks + the beam all round which makes it about 7coaches before German flooring. Please what is the pros and cons of this type of foundation. It's on a dry table and solid ground.
Oga Spyder
Oga Hajj
Oga twinskenny
Oga feigk
All other gurus
Please come Chuck mouth for this matter. Thanks

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abbeyb1ack: 1:03pm On Oct 07, 2022
A
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 1:13pm On Oct 07, 2022
Abbeyb1ack:
Aluminum window installer needed
Sliding

5×4...5pc
4×4....11pcs
3×4....4pcs
3×3...2pcs
2×2...10pcs
2×3...1pcs
Sliding window with permanent net
For each window
5 x 4--30k
4 x 4--24k
3 x 4--20k
3 x 3--15k
2 x 2--7k
2 x 3--10k
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 1:17pm On Oct 07, 2022
Jeff68:
Good Day All,

How much is fair to pay for installation of Split AC Units in Lagos?

Also, I need to convert a 4 bedroom bungalow (the rooms are fairly big) to 2 units of 2 bedroom flats in Ibadan, rough estimate, how much should I have in mind? just contemplating.

Hello Sir: ₦10k ~ ₦15K
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by pato231(m): 1:22pm On Oct 07, 2022
V
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 1:22pm On Oct 07, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjIhSVYY6Q4

Transforming Spaces

Pop designs✓
Wainscott design✓
Tv Console/Media Panel✓
Accent wall✓

(1) (2) (3) ... (3155) (3156) (3157) (3158) (3159) (3160) (3161) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ChybuzzDD(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.