Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,536 members, 7,837,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4447362 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3180) (3181) (3182) (3183) (3184) (3185) (3186) ... (3679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 12:59pm On Oct 23, 2022
baaliyah:

It is only possible at 5500 today, might even be higher by December if exchange rates increase. If you have the cash, buy what you need now and keep. Exactly this time in 2019, a carton was 2550

I am surprised cos everyone I have contacted are telling me least price 6000 then we have 6500, 7200 for a carton of Goodwill glazed porcelain....

Blessedsunny2 do you have Goodwill tiles and how much is a carton of 60x60?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 1:01pm On Oct 23, 2022
KIDfurniture:
Baba I m picking up 15 cartons tomorrow . Nylon face.. which one is ; it is impossible again? It used to be 2500 per carton 2 years ago..

I guess its location factor then...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 2:00pm On Oct 23, 2022
Advice needed on property approval in lagos for a person in the diaspora.

We thought the process was complete( We have paid a little over a million already) and then they slap another 1.5million income tax assessment for someone resident abroad. How does one deal with this.

Apparently they have his P60 already

They are talking of appeal please make una tell us how you dealt with this

@3strike
@diordaves
@mufutau55
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 2:04pm On Oct 23, 2022

I respectfully disagree with you, Ericko2K2 and Mavverick.

Regardless of situation (garages and generators), there should be a working smoke detector at the entrance of each sleeping area.

Carbon Monoxide sensors should be located at an approved diameter.

In my city it's the law, for a purpose, and I actually have a detached garage.

Combining both detectors to me is the benefit of technology, which I cuddle.

There's a reason why we have one of the shortest life expectancy in the world.

Oh I'm also adding a radon detector but that might just push you guys off the ledge so I'll STFU about that grin

Only 5 mentions of the gas radon on this forum.

Why is that?

The video below demonstrates how they do it in other climes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc7JWNnQw5Q&ab_channel=360Construction

As I attempt to repair the source of the mold and mildew and damp, I have stripped the house to its foundation and now I am considering adding something like the above before doing the new german floor
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 2:36pm On Oct 23, 2022
redgem:

I am surprised cos everyone I have contacted are telling me least price 6000 then we have 6500, 7200 for a carton of Goodwill glazed porcelain....

Blessedsunny2 do you have Goodwill tiles and how much is a carton of 60x60?
Goodwill super Polish ( nylon face)
6,480 per cartoon as for now.Resale price 5,780 per cartoon
Goodwill product, porcelain tile 5,500 per cartoon
Virony floor tiles 60by60 porcelain 4,500 per cartoon

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KIDfurniture(m): 3:41pm On Oct 23, 2022
Plz wait how much is goodwill 60 by 60 nylon face there ? What state ?

redgem:

I guess its location factor then...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KIDfurniture(m): 3:43pm On Oct 23, 2022
The last one you posted out of the 3 that looks like marble . I will be picking them up tomorrow .

Blessedsunny2:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 3:47pm On Oct 23, 2022
KIDfurniture:
The last one you posted out of the 3 that looks like marble . I will be picking them up tomorrow .

Okay sir

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mohd2ishaq(m): 4:07pm On Oct 23, 2022

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Goodman001: 5:01pm On Oct 23, 2022
Joniww:
please how many bedrooms bungalow is this? And how much have u spent so far?
it is a 5 bedroom bungalow, spent more than 5million , minus the land… filling of foundation alone with sand cost me 1.3million.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 5:10pm On Oct 23, 2022
Blessedsunny2:

Okay Sir....thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 4newguy: 7:32pm On Oct 23, 2022
Good day to everyone one. I'd like to seek opinions and suggestions.
I and my wife are almost done with our first rental building . I've extensively read about how some tenants could be worrisome and how ideal it is to hand over to a lawyer which we intend to do. The crux at hand are
1. What's an ideal amount to negotiate as fee with my lawyer
2. Would his fee also conver litigation process if thr need arises or would i have to negotiate that
3. What procedures can we take to avoid tenant issues as regards prompt payment
4. What should we look out in the tenancy agreement
5. If we get a lawyer would he also act as a care taker to the building.

Your suggestion will be highly appreciated
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by UC92: 7:35pm On Oct 23, 2022
redgem:

He has already done that but it didn't change anything...
Please, using hammer on those doors is not the best corrective measure. Uninstall the doors, get a good welder to amend them and get a good mason to install it back. It will come out fine.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 7:54pm On Oct 23, 2022
KIDfurniture:
Plz wait how much is goodwill 60 by 60 nylon face there ? What state ?

Initial price 7200...while last price is 6500
Edo state
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 7:58pm On Oct 23, 2022
UC92:

Please, using hammer on those doors is not the best corrective measure. Uninstall the doors, get a good welder to amend them and get a good mason to install it back. It will come out fine.

Hammering has already been done though...will add it to my options, thanks for the advice...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by praise010(m): 8:05pm On Oct 23, 2022
4newguy:
Good day to everyone one. I'd like to seek opinions and suggestions.
I and my wife are almost done with our first rental building . I've extensively read about how some tenants could be worrisome and how ideal it is to hand over to a lawyer which we intend to do. The crux at hand are
1. What's an ideal amount to negotiate as fee with my lawyer
2. Would his fee also conver litigation process if thr need arises or would i have to negotiate that
3. What procedures can we take to avoid tenant issues as regards prompt payment
4. What should we look out in the tenancy agreement
5. If we get a lawyer would he also act as a care taker to the building.

Your suggestion will be highly appreciated

For the first/new tenant , his fees should be the fees for the lease agreement so your rent should remain intact. For rent renewal , you can negotiate 5% of the rental

A lawyer fee cannot cover litigation fees where there is need to evict a tenant. Usually, you may not pay for quite notices , but you will be charged for filing the processes in court and appearance fees.

You can't deal with prompt or delayed payment by tenants upfront. No matter the clause you have in an agreement, bad tenants won't give a damn and the only option is to take him to court with the attendant challenges associated with our Court system.

A lawyer should also be the caretaker. The tenancy agreement out there have almost the same clause....
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 8:18pm On Oct 23, 2022
Evan65:
Hello house, I’m a graduate of mechanic engineering and will be finishing my masters next month. I have taken interest to the building industry and will love to learn the trade. I’m located Warri. I will appreciate if I can be guided on how to begin my journey in the real estate world. Your responds will be very helpful
If you can channel your strength towards "intelligent building", it's gonna be great.
You may need to look for opportunities with big building construction companies.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:56pm On Oct 23, 2022
Evan65:
Hello house, I’m a graduate of mechanic engineering and will be finishing my masters next month. I have taken interest to the building industry and will love to learn the trade. I’m located Warri. I will appreciate if I can be guided on how to begin my journey in the real estate world. Your responds will be very helpful

My thinking is that a mechanical engineer would do better in power plant, automobiles and heavy duty equipment maintenance, repair and installations.
Won’t it be better to build on what you already have and in your area of expertise?
Not that you can’t do building thou, if that is where you have found new interest, but the learning curve would be stepped.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 9:22pm On Oct 23, 2022
Men @ Work.. Another Roofing Project Going on @ Ado ekiti State

Are you Done with your woodwork and in Need of Quality Stone Coated Roofing Sheet? Please Call/WhatsApp 08085310359
Customers Satisfaction is our Watch Word..

Milano Design (Coffee brown with Black patches )

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 10:03pm On Oct 23, 2022
redgem:

They have to bang the door before it closes and as a result, the top of the door (small piece) broke off... It isn't visible much till you look closely...
the framing was totally wrong. Very few people know how to make use of such frames. It should be cut in an angular form not the way it was done
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 10:16pm On Oct 23, 2022

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Crews: 4:09am On Oct 24, 2022
ChiefSupplier55:
Check my signature and click on the link below it

How much is the door?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Petmayor: 4:50am On Oct 24, 2022
Haywhy433:

Ohh my neighbor lol
Knows someone that does it very good. Drop contact

Thanks Bro. But it should be the other way round; pls share the person's contact so I can reach out to him.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 6:15am On Oct 24, 2022

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 6:42am On Oct 24, 2022
princenomics:
Good morning great House. Please I have a question to ask. Is it true that POP ceiling something have little cracks as it dries? I saw few cracks on mine as they tend to dry up, I called the guy who did it and he said it's normal and he will come to fix it. He also said by the time the electrical guys finish their wiring, there will also be few cracks. Please how true are these? Regards
nothing to worry about, let the electrician finish there work, you might need him then
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by REXBUILDS: 7:54am On Oct 24, 2022
Good morning, please what are the steps to take before kicking off a building renovation project ??
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rapunzel403: 8:09am On Oct 24, 2022
Nice building you got, please how many coaches of foundation block did you use?
Did you also do a horizontal beam and German floor?
Can you estimate the number of blocks you used from above German floor to lintel?
I'm building something similar although mine is with a penthouse I just concluded German flooring.
Goodman001:
it is a 5 bedroom bungalow, spent more than 5million , minus the land… filling of foundation alone with sand cost me 1.3million.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by henrymor: 9:15am On Oct 24, 2022
Good morning guys,

I need suggestions and advice on increasing the electric power in my house.

The current in my area don't even power my inverter ac conveniently.

So, some one suggested that I can buy a 5000w stabilizer to stabilize and increase the current output in my home.

Another person said there is a central stabilizer called prag or A&E that can increase the electric current power in my house.

Please, I need help ooooh

What should I do?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olumighty123(m): 9:59am On Oct 24, 2022
henrymor:
Good morning guys,

So, some one suggested that I can buy a 5000w stabilizer to stabilize and increase the current output in my home.

Another person said there is a central stabilizer called prag or A&E that can increase the electric current power in my house.

What should I do?

If money is not an issue, go for the central stabilizer

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by baaliyah(m): 10:29am On Oct 24, 2022
henrymor:
Good morning guys,

What should I do?

How low is the current? If it's too low, below 100 volt, 5 or 10Kva stabilizer won't step up the current.
If you could get someone to lend you a stabilizer to testrun your home, If it works fine, then get yous

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChiefSupplier55(m): 11:12am On Oct 24, 2022
Please check out my signature and click on the below it

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abbeyb1ack: 12:11pm On Oct 24, 2022
I bought @ 5300-5500 recently

redgem:

You said Goodwill earlier so yes, I know it's not Spanish tiles....but that amount for 60x60 Goodwill is not possible...

(1) (2) (3) ... (3180) (3181) (3182) (3183) (3184) (3185) (3186) ... (3679) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: SanniOluwafemi(m), jeffkennedy, Godisgreatest1 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.