Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4392472 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3193) (3194) (3195) (3196) (3197) (3198) (3199) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Lekan239(m): 6:29pm On Nov 02, 2022
Biztech05:

Is not that bad, but some locally made are more better and they’re affordable
really. I love strong wooden door though
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Twostep: 6:42pm On Nov 02, 2022
Ok will do, many thanks boss

hamtabfawaz:

It's not outrageous, it's fair enough✓
High Quality curtains are usually more expensive!
Just ask him about the quality of materials.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 6:51pm On Nov 02, 2022
Lekan239:
yes internal door, not for outside security

I know it's internal door...the price I have been seeing online the least price is 70k for Turkey internal doors
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 6:54pm On Nov 02, 2022
Last year, if you spent $1k you could only get 100 bags of cement, but today the same amount would get you 200 bags.

Nigeria economics is beyond comprehension
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Lekan239(m): 6:56pm On Nov 02, 2022
redgem:

I know it's internal door...the price I have been seeing online the least price is 70k for Turkey internal doors
seems its grade by grade
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 6:57pm On Nov 02, 2022
Happy new month everyone

Still at your services

God bless you all

091-321232-40
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:01pm On Nov 02, 2022
sonnie10:
Last year, if you spent $1k you could only get 100 bags of cement, but today the same amount would get you 200 bags.

that's what you people in diaspora enjoy. You're miles ahead of inflation
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 7:03pm On Nov 02, 2022
Biztech05:

Is not that bad, but some locally made are more better and they’re affordable

Locally made doors more affordable?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYtjfmtEArc
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 7:04pm On Nov 02, 2022
Lekan239:
seems its grade by grade

Still taking my time to look for nice and affordable doors
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 7:34pm On Nov 02, 2022
hamtabfawaz:

Yes Labour & Materials inclusive.

Yes, it would reduce your cost, but you still have to buy normal black cement for external screeding, As Pop cement isn't suitable for external screeding.

Call or WhatsApp me on: 09122348437
Why don't we screed the entire house (internal and external) with 'normal black cement?' Isn't it cheaper and more durable than screeding with POP cement? What are the pros of screeding internal walls with POP cement rather than with black cement? Thanks!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 7:57pm On Nov 02, 2022
Rany4all:
Why don't we screed the entire house (internal and external) with 'normal black cement?' Isn't it cheaper and more durable than screeding with POP cement? What are the pros of screeding internal walls with POP cement rather than with black cement? Thanks!

Rightly Said✓ Actually it is! The only pros is that it has a finer finishing (Aesthetically).. Client preference (A client of mine, rejected Black cement Screeding for his internal Space.) cheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 8:03pm On Nov 02, 2022
michlins:
that's what you people in diaspora enjoy. You're miles ahead of inflation
Not always the case, the only thing that goes up and comes down is cement, that's is bcause it is controlled by Dangote.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 8:06pm On Nov 02, 2022
sonnie10:
May we not see #1k to $1 by end of the year
The way E dey go so E be like say nah this year sef
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 8:28pm On Nov 02, 2022
hamtabfawaz:

Rightly Said✓ Actually it is! The only pros is that it has a finer finishing (Aesthetically).. Client preference (A client of mine, rejected Black cement Screeding for his internal Space.) cheesy
Ok, thought as much. Thanks for the insight.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hargbo(m): 9:08pm On Nov 02, 2022
redgem:

Meaning it is more complex with pop cement?
with POP cement, its more hard to carve out those complex shapes and even when they do, it’s not usually neat or accurate unless you meet a workman that is patient enough to get it done and they don’t usually come cheap. I have used plasterboard for various projects and it always come out nice, neat, equal and straight

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Successbay: 9:24pm On Nov 02, 2022
2 more days of grace..he is yet to show up..

redgem:

Okay Sir... I hope he delivers... My pop guy said he has been down and couldn't tell me cos I'd feel its an excuse...but he has promised to resume on Monday cc hamtabfawaz
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Successbay: 9:25pm On Nov 02, 2022
I get one job for you already sir..

hamtabfawaz:

Sorry about your Experience Sir! But Please always consider We the Trusted ones, Imagine you had reconsider a job you wanted to contract to someone on the thread!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Biztech05(m): 9:39pm On Nov 02, 2022
Lekan239:
really. I love strong wooden door though

Check it out!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bmarketing: 10:05pm On Nov 02, 2022
Hello house, I have a quarter plot I will like to develop.
Low budget one/two bedroom bungalow
Raft foundation
Flat roofing with longspan aluminum
Room and parlour (10 by 12 feet)
Kitchen and bathroom smaller maybe 5by5 feet
PVC ceiling no POP
Standard Tiles
Sliding windows
2 toilets (visitor and room)
Standard finishing hence the low budget

Given the current costs, like how much should I budget? Will a budget of 5m work out for one bedroom? Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 10:12pm On Nov 02, 2022
Job Done!!
Another Successful Roofing Project Completed
Site Location: @ Ijebu ode Ogun State

Roof Design :Longspan (Mentral Design)
Colour:Traffic Black
Guage: 0.45mm

To get the Cost that Roofed this Building Call/WhatsApp 08085310359

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mophor: 10:17pm On Nov 02, 2022
bmarketing:
Raft foundation
PVC ceiling no POP
Standard Tiles
Sliding windows

Given the current costs, like how much should I budget? Will a budget of 5m work out for one bedroom? Thanks

Reach out to @ olukaygold he's on this platform and also check his profile for his works...

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Reeefe(m): 11:33pm On Nov 02, 2022
kalu61:
Okay. When you drop the plan, mention me if you want let's see how to adjust it.

Here It is... it's a 2bedroom flat and a bedsitter.
the aim of the owner is
.. to sell each unit as affordable luxury.
.. efficient management of the land.
.. the design should be fine too so buyer can be interested.

I don't know if I have help them achieve their objectives with this design of mine.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Reeefe(m): 11:47pm On Nov 02, 2022
redgem:

Biodigester? Nah....they mostly talk about advantages and leave out the disadvantages... Someone here has explained how it works to me..

what are the down sides of using biodigester?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 5:08am On Nov 03, 2022
Mophor:

Reach out to @ olukaygold he's on this platform and also check his profile for his works...
Thanks for the recommendations sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 5:12am On Nov 03, 2022
bmarketing:
Raft foundation
PVC ceiling no POP
Standard Tiles
Sliding windows

5m will definitely work out if You can start as soon as possible cos price of goods are increasing everyday.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 7:10am On Nov 03, 2022
Successbay:
I get one job for you already sir..

Thanks Sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hargbo(m): 7:53am On Nov 03, 2022
bmarketing:
Raft foundation
PVC ceiling no POP
Standard Tiles
Sliding windows

I can give you a cost breakdown if you want . But what makes you think Raft Foundation will work for your structure. Raft will chop your budget. You need to understand your site soil profile before you decide on type of foundation

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 8:12am On Nov 03, 2022
Reeefe:

what are the down sides of using biodigester?

Here

Rany4all:
The biodigester soakaway is a much smaller entity than the regular soakaway, so the artisans claim it is cheaper and requires less space. They put certain products containing microorganisms and enzymes inside the biodigester soakaway, which are meant to breakdown faeces into gas that is then released into the atmosphere through vents.

Now the catch, which the artisans will not readily tell you upfront until after you're fully committed, is that the biodigester soakaway is only meant for your toilets. It is too small to take on waste water from baths, kitchen, washing machine or wash hand basins, and also the soap used in these places will deactivate the microorganisms and/or enzymes, so you still have to do a separate soakaway for your waste water, which may actually nullify the claim that it is "cheaper" or requires "less space".

And again, just as soap can deactivate the microorganisms, your regular toilet cleaning agents can also do the same, so you have to buy special cleaning agents meant for use with biodigester soakaways and these cleaning agents are not just readily available on your supermarket shelves.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 8:16am On Nov 03, 2022
sonnie10:

A good thing for those building from outside, a nightmare to those building from inside except if your income stream is from outside.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:23am On Nov 03, 2022
somehow:

A good thing for those building from outside, a nightmare to those building from inside.
Not quite. If you were able to save $1k a month before, the current inflation would take at least half of it.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sethtsadopp: 8:46am On Nov 03, 2022
hamtabfawaz:

Yes Labour & Materials inclusive.

Yes, it would reduce your cost, but you still have to buy normal black cement for external screeding, As Pop cement isn't suitable for external screeding.

Call or WhatsApp me on: 09122348437

twinskenny:

650 - 700 should do it...

bolu1986:
budget 700 or 750 it depends...and since you still have cement left that will reduce the price to almost halvr

Thanks very much guys, I appreciate. That means my person is overcharging me. And he's aware of the remaining bags of POP Cement. If he doesn't adjust it I'll contact one of you guys once he's done with POP.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 8:47am On Nov 03, 2022
Biztech05:

Check it out!

You said they are affordable right? So, how much are those?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3193) (3194) (3195) (3196) (3197) (3198) (3199) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.