Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,832 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3232) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4388369 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3229) (3230) (3231) (3232) (3233) (3234) (3235) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 1:15pm On Dec 04, 2022
babadots:

Multisplit or multi split ACs are systems that have 1 or more indoor units per 1 outdoor/external unit. This allows one to minimise the number of external ACs hanging out on walls.

They are not Central Air-conditioning Systems powering the entire house, but you can power between l and 6 units/rooms from just one Outdoor unit.

This allows you to purchase 2, 3 or 4 units to power the entire house.

They are much more energy efficient than the standard splits as they only generate output based on the demand for cooling. If you switch on the AC in one room, for example, it will only be using say 20% of the installed capacity.

We don't use it much in Nigeria because it is the next level up from split units and relatively newer in technology. I think it will become more popular with time and Solar deployments.
Thanks, this is amazing they are not multiple splits that as one single condenser outside unit with 4 to 8 split internal units. My concern about this particular unit is the cost of energy consumption. Although I understand it can be programmed to use any of the units when needed, but the condenser unit is running at capacity which I think is not cost efficient. Please, if you don’t mind can you share more lights on it, or if possible post what it looks like for others that may be interested to learn about it thanks. There is a debate between some professionals in that line, in regards to inverter AC’s and regular AC. Some are of the opinion that the regular AC’s is more powerful in times of output performance in cooling. The other opinion is the inverter AC’s are only good in energy savings but not strong in times of outputs of cooling.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 1:25pm On Dec 04, 2022
kopell:
Thanks, this is amazing they are not multiple splits that as one single condenser outside unit with 4 to 8 split internal units. My concern about this particular unit is cost of energy consumption. Although I understand it can be programmed to use any of the units when needed, but the condenser unit is running at capacity which I think is not cost efficient. Please, if you don’t mind can you share more lights on it, or if possible post what it looks like for others that be interested to learn about it thanks.

I am partial to Japanese technology.

Others exist, you can search for them.

Panasonic is just as good.

Use VRV or multi-split ac to do your search

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 2:06pm On Dec 04, 2022
FEGEITOK:

I am partial to Japanese technology.

Others exist, you can search for them.

Panasonic is just as good.

Use VRV or multi-split ac to do your search
Thanks, this is the one in my office with 17 internal cool and hot splits, in my opinion is not as efficient as the older regular ones. When the weather is extremely hot we can’t fill it as much. The AC’s guys department are forced to turn the chillers on.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 2:11pm On Dec 04, 2022
olaleye2real:
Morning house .. We can serve u better ..
I feel the tap will be better if situated at the opposite side

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mophor: 2:21pm On Dec 04, 2022
sonnie10:
What is the cost of this tankless WC ? Has anyone used it in residential building?
Any plumber with experience on how to install it?

I guess this is a female urinal WC
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 2:30pm On Dec 04, 2022
kopell:
Thanks, this is the one in my office with 17 internal cool and hot splits, in my opinion is not as efficient as the older regular ones. When the weather is extremely hot we can’t fill it as much. The AC’s guys department are forced to turn the chillers on.

Well, over to the professionals. Could it be a sizing issue? Either the unit is too small or the room(s) are too big for the application?

I cannot say which is which.

When I got my A/C I calculated the area and used some online calculators to determine the appropriate size of AC for the intended space

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 2:34pm On Dec 04, 2022
Mophor:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 3:12pm On Dec 04, 2022
BrickDevo:

My thought as well

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 3:14pm On Dec 04, 2022
ifejilika:
This roof was done before the rainy season with metecopo, only to discover during the rainy season that it was not lapped well, whenever there is a strong rain and breeze together, it can raise any part of the roof and it will be leaking. I called some installer to check on the best possible solution to it, one suggested to buy extra sheet of metecopo, divide it into two or three parts and place it on all the lapping round the roof, but it will lose its beauty. Another installer said to buy long span and cut into two or three parts of V shape then carefully place it under each lapping, in that case it maintain the beauty. Please which should I go for or is there any other best solution to Each... Though my enginer said it is best to remove the whole sheet and buy a new one..

From my past experience, I can hazard a guest that lapping or lack of it is not the only issue with your roof. Metcopo has a design/conceptual flaw. It is always not a good decision to settle for metcopo.

If it is lapping, then nail down the flapping parts. The solution depends on the nature of the leak. Is it leaking whole scale? Like all part of the roof is leaking? If yes, you may need to reinstall using double lapping method.

If it is only leaking in sections, remove the leaking section and reinstall using double lapping method. This approach worked for me and ever since, I've sworn never to use metcopo again.

Do you know there are homeowners who never had a single issue with metcopo? But these homeowners are in the minority. If you use metcopo, one issue or the other must crop up. If no be lapping, na factory corrugation, or na as the installer knack the nail. One issue sha must give you headache.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 3:22pm On Dec 04, 2022
Mophor:

Bidet you mean, i have only seen this in one access bank in v.i, i think the tank is buried in the wall sonnie10
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 3:47pm On Dec 04, 2022
Happy Sunday to you everyone here

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Magce: 3:48pm On Dec 04, 2022
Vacancy vacancy vacancy

Experienced dispatch bike riders are needed in a logistics company at the mainland for immediate employment

Send a dm if interested or refer someone who might possibly be interested. +2348060748810
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yekini007(m): 4:02pm On Dec 04, 2022
Please kindly
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 4:20pm On Dec 04, 2022
brenister10:

Ido in ibadan

Mack truck 45,000 - 50,000

30t truck Howo should be about 60,000 - 65,000

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 4:36pm On Dec 04, 2022
diordaves:

From my past experience, I can hazard a guest that lapping or lack of it is not the only issue with your roof. Metcopo has a design/conceptual flaw. It is always not a good decision to settle for metcopo.

If it is lapping, then nail down the flapping parts. The solution depends on the nature of the leak. Is it leaking whole scale? Like all part of the roof is leaking? If yes, you may need to reinstall using double lapping method.

If it is only leaking in sections, remove the leaking section and reinstall using double lapping method. This approach worked for me and ever since, I've sworn never to use metcopo again.

Do you know there are homeowners who never had a single issue with metcopo? But these homeowners are in the minority. If you use metcopo, one issue or the other must crop up. If no be lapping, na factory corrugation, or na as the installer knack the nail. One issue sha must give you headache.
I’m one of those lucky people never have any issue with metcopo in 3 different locations in the last 15 years. Although .055 gauge is always my choice.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 4:54pm On Dec 04, 2022
FEGEITOK:

Well, over to the professionals. Could it be a sizing issue? Either the unit is too small or the room(s) are too big for the application?

I cannot say which is which.

When I got my A/C I calculated the area and used some online calculators to determine the appropriate size of AC for the intended space
it is well, I can’t really say ooo. The heat and ventilation department no better ooo. We end users just need room temperature according to law of the City.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 5:28pm On Dec 04, 2022
Mophor:

No.it’s for all
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ifejilika(m): 6:44pm On Dec 04, 2022
diordaves:

The leaking comes at interval, today is the kitchen side, tomorrow is the parlour side, next is one room or the other.....
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by stylishwears: 6:50pm On Dec 04, 2022
_
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by decatalyst(m): 6:50pm On Dec 04, 2022
DFAMEGUY11S:
Happy Sunday to you everyone here

These are beautiful.

How much per unit?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 6:52pm On Dec 04, 2022
babadots:

Multisplit or multi split ACs are systems that have 1 or more indoor units per 1 outdoor/external unit. This allows one to minimise the number of external ACs hanging out on walls.

They are not Central Air-conditioning Systems powering the entire house, but you can power between l and 6 units/rooms from just one Outdoor unit.

This allows you to purchase 2, 3 or 4 units to power the entire house.

They are much more energy efficient than the standard splits as they only generate output based on the demand for cooling. If you switch on the AC in one room, for example, it will only be using say 20% of the installed capacity.

We don't use it much in Nigeria because it is the next level up from split units and relatively newer in technology. I think it will become more popular with time and Solar deployments.

It’s called vrf and it’s available, seriously considered it for 2 projects , but settled for ducted split , Thot it was better for commercial , my opinion
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 7:22pm On Dec 04, 2022
yekini007:
Please kindly help me out

How many Blocks will be okay for this picture foundation.....??

Whatapp on 09132123240 or call me on same number

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 7:31pm On Dec 04, 2022
BrickDevo:

Bidet you mean, i have only seen this in one access bank in v.i, i think the tank is buried in the wall sonnie10

Not sure it has any tank. The technology seems to be centered on the flush pressure. That metal pressure flusher part is connected directly to the water line.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by neduboo(m): 7:32pm On Dec 04, 2022
topsy23:

Orile

Thanks alot
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 7:33pm On Dec 04, 2022
rmx:

It’s called vrf and it’s available, seriously considered it for 2 projects , but settled for ducted split , Thot it was better for commercial , my opinion
Rmx I thought you’re of opinion for chillers for your huge projects, what change. Are those VRF types are of economically viable for projects like hotels or multiple units of condos?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 7:35pm On Dec 04, 2022
BrickDevo:

I agree, this is very wrong
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by babadots: 8:02pm On Dec 04, 2022
kopell:
Thanks, this is amazing they are not multiple splits that as one single condenser outside unit with 4 to 8 split internal units. My concern about this particular unit is the cost of energy consumption. Although I understand it can be programmed to use any of the units when needed, but the condenser unit is running at capacity which I think is not cost efficient. Please, if you don’t mind can you share more lights on it, or if possible post what it looks like for others that may be interested to learn about it thanks. There is a debate between some professionals in that line, in regards to inverter AC’s and regular AC. Some are of the opinion that the regular AC’s is more powerful in times of output performance in cooling. The other opinion is the inverter AC’s are only good in energy savings but not strong in times of outputs of cooling.

Well, I am not the expert in this field, but the trick is that the condenser only runs at the optimal capacity based on the demand from the indoor units.

You are also able to have different rooms at different temperatures, as each room has its own thermostat and controls. Another advantage is that your entire house is served by a limited number of units, so you don't have condensers hanging all over the building. You can use different indoor units connected to the single condenser e.g. a wall-mounted unit and a standing unit and a ceiling-embedded unit and a concealed unit all powered by the same condenser.

A lot of these multi-splits also use the inverter technology as well as the newer R-32 refrigerant which are both good for the pocket and the environment.

I am sure some other clued-up folks in here will be better able to extend this list.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by babadots: 8:08pm On Dec 04, 2022
kopell:

In terms of effectiveness, the sizing has to be done before specs are agreed. The volume of the room and the direction of the dominant windows makes a lot of difference. Windows facing the sun in the late afternoons and evenings admit more heat and these should be considered when specifying the capacity.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 8:10pm On Dec 04, 2022
kopell:
Rmx I thought you’re of opinion for chillers for your huge projects, what change. Are those VRF types are of economically viable for projects like hotels or multiple units of condos?

I use water cooled chillers In my factory , for this my mall projects am using ducted split in some areas , I think that’s what it is called. Midea , imported myself . I think you can use vrf /vrv for all applications but I stuck with ducted for this my projects

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by babadots: 8:12pm On Dec 04, 2022
topsy23:

That's what we called multi split unit system. It almost similar to VRF system but the only difference between the multi split unit system and VRF system is that the maximum indoor you can install on multi split is 6numbers but vrf can take more .. they are both low power consumption equipment.

People are using it Nigeria

Daikin, York, Panasonic etc have those system

Spot on. If this is popular in Nigeria, how come the suppliers are not promoting them?

I have been struggling to find the information that you and our other folks on this forum have given in the past couple of days.

I hope we have folks who can also service them as well.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by babadots: 8:15pm On Dec 04, 2022
FEGEITOK:

I got the best prices from these guys.

Better than any other person who sold the same brand.

I did my homework though.

got prices/vendors on a spreadsheet, so do your own due diligence.

I don't know if things have changed since then.

The multi-split system is so beautiful, I absolutely recommend it over individual split units especially if you are environmentally conscious or want to conserve power usage

Thank you for this information. I will pursue it accordingly.

On another note, how long does the AC run for with your Solar batteries and how many batteries do you rely on in powering the AC?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by babadots: 8:20pm On Dec 04, 2022
rmx:

I use water cooled chillers In my factory , for this my mall projects am using ducted split in some areas , I think that’s what it is called. Midea , imported myself . I think you can use vrf /vrv for all applications but I stuck with ducted for this my projects

This is one of the bigger VRF systems from Midea and it must be powering quite a few indoor units.

Where did you import from and how many indoor units do you power from this?

Was it easy getting these through the ports and did you have to travel abroad to purchase them yourself or did you order online?

I think you have a lot to share with us on this, if you don't mind.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3229) (3230) (3231) (3232) (3233) (3234) (3235) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Stamford007(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.