Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,790 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3254) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4385426 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3251) (3252) (3253) (3254) (3255) (3256) (3257) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 6:29pm On Dec 20, 2022
topsy23:

Buy, rent or lease .. wonders shall never end. Even if you get the sand free , wood free , what of roofing sheets, tye nails etc .. Can you get that roofing less 2m ?

That particular roofing sheet is 1k/sqm. E no cost. I know where you can get it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 6:32pm On Dec 20, 2022
bobkezel:

That particular roofing sheet is 1k/sqm. E no cost. I know where you can get it.

Lolzz that means with 100k the roofing can be done grin angry grin grin grin angry angry
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 6:40pm On Dec 20, 2022
Before I built my first house I used to be afraid of the exaggerated figures I read for the cost of buildings on this thread. I learnt to start with what I have and I noticed I usually don't spend up to 65% the projected estimate.

Not once,not twice and not thrice.

If I should post the current project I am sure I will read figures above 60 million.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 7:07pm On Dec 20, 2022
Godisgreatest1:
Before I built my first house I used to be afraid of the exaggerated figures I read for the cost of buildings on this thread. I learnt to start with what I have and I noticed I usually don't spend up to 65% the projected estimate.

If I should post the current project I am sure I will read figures above 60 million.
how did you do it? Enlighten us. I haven't been able to start anything since 2020 because I get weak whenever I see the figures

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 7:07pm On Dec 20, 2022
topsy23:

Lolzz that means with 100k the roofing can be done grin angry grin grin grin angry angry
U get the point now..... That house is cheap.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 7:12pm On Dec 20, 2022
Godisgreatest1:

You are very correct cos I can relate...
This thread's inflation rate is outta this world.
If you follow the prices here u go remain homeless...
But on the other side,,,, it is a very insightful, helpful and educative thread.
I pick what I pick, drop what I drop.

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 7:14pm On Dec 20, 2022
Born2conquer:
how did you do it? Enlighten us. I haven't been able to start anything since 2020 because I get weak whenever I see the figures
Drink lucozade boost, u no go weak again.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 7:18pm On Dec 20, 2022
FEGEITOK:

I use Schneider. I think they are pretty good.

Please which batteries did you have issues with?

I made inquiries and found out official distributors for the brand of battery in Nigeria I wanted to buy and paid for the same directly from the officially recognized resale channels.
Hello boss. I'm looking for genuine Schneider dealer in Abuja.
I want to buy circuit breakers and SPDs
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toyeoye(m): 8:01pm On Dec 20, 2022
Godisgreatest1:

Please please please post the pictures God bless

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by CDG1(m): 8:13pm On Dec 20, 2022
Seasons Greetings,
Masterpiece Trucks And Granites is one the best suppliers with materials coming from two quarry branches: Ijebu Ode (To Lagos Island) and Abeokuta (Lagos Mainland)

Our materials are quality has been tested and verified by so many advance construction companies.

We understand that buying from some suppliers pose you the risk of not getting the exact tonnage paid for.

You should buy from us because:

We provide Haulage services (Howo trucks and Mack trucks).

Full tonnage supply.

Affordable prices.

We are registered with CAC.

Long-term relationships are extremely important to Us .

We do 24/7 supply.

Fast and reliable.

available materials are:
Boulder =7000/ton
Dust =2500/ton
1/2inch =7200/ton
stonebase =7000/ton
Hardcore =7000/ton
3/4 = 7200/ton
5/8(3/4down) =7200/ton
Abeokuta Sharp sand= 4200

Cost of transportation of materials from quarry to your site depends on the distance and price of diesel at the time: you can send truck over or we handle the transportation.

Kindly call us to place order or make inquiries.. 07026691840
#granite #granitesupplier #buildingmaterials

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 8:32pm On Dec 20, 2022
bobkezel:

You are very correct cos I can relate...
This thread's inflation rate is outta this world.
If you follow the prices here u go remain homeless...
But on the other side,,,, it is a very insightful, helpful and educative thread.
I pick what I pick, drop what I drop.
Part of reason why I seldom comment here because cabals here will surely attack me in one way or the other. There are lots of Nairalanders I've worked for,there are lots that they've become House owner today due to my affordable housing costs and well details threads I created on Nairaland and the conveniences of getting materials easily for my Cl. Below is my ongoing Project(Two bedroom Semo detached) in Akure for a member here.We haven't spent UpTo 6m to this stage. Ask them to quote price for you,be expecting 10m plus

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 8:45pm On Dec 20, 2022
Born2conquer:
Please don’t be discouraged with those numbers, start with as little as 200k little by little before you know it, will be at roofing stage. Our fingers are not equal. Some people can afford to put 85% of entire materials needed before they start .

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 8:47pm On Dec 20, 2022
MrOkenwa:

Yes you did a good job for me and that’s why I am very surprised and disappointed about the way you’re handling your clients recently.
It’s on this thread that I and probably the client you’re having fallout with copied your contact. Same with other artisans. So, you should know why you should maintain a good reputation here.
There are wonderful guys here, don’t ruin their chances. Olukaygold from Ekiti has been working on my project for over a month and he’s doing a good job for me. If not for this forum, the probability of getting the contract is near zero.
Pls Work on your reputation to safe your career and help others.
Chao.
Thanks for giving Us the opportunity to prove ourselves sir. May God keep blessing You and your family sir. We shall all eat the fruits of our labors! Amen.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 8:54pm On Dec 20, 2022
olukaygold:

Part of reason why I seldom comment here because cabals here will surely attack me in one way or the other. There are lots of Nairalanders I've worked for,there are lots that they've become House owner today due to my affordable housing costs and well details threads I created on Nairaland and the conveniences of getting materials easily for my Cl. Below is my ongoing Project(Two bedroom Semo detached) in Akure for a member here.We haven't spent UpTo 6m to this stage. Ask them to quote price for you,be expecting 10m plus
Oga house are different okay, that your amount can’t do other people foundation. Please ask those that are doing piling for their foundation, in some areas it’s cost over 12 million to do piling alone. Please don’t think everyone will build those kind of projects. We should not generalize.

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 9:02pm On Dec 20, 2022
kopell:
Oga house are different okay, that your amount can’t do other people foundation. Please ask those that are doing piling for their foundation, in some areas it’s cost over 12 million to do piling alone. Please don’t think everyone will build those kind of projects. We should not generalize.
Oga! Whenever you want to Judge. Compare that building with nearly something similar to it before passing your Judgement. I don't even think you'd reason so low like this

Modified
I'm so sorry for using that derogatory word, it's a split of tongue pls.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 9:17pm On Dec 20, 2022
olukaygold:

Oga! Whenever you want to Judge. Compare that building with nearly something similar to it before passing your Judgement. I don't even think you'd reason so low like this.
Oga ooo, me so low. Is okay, I notice it’s hard for you to take correction from professional here, even in the process of some of your projects. You most understand the entire blocks you used to build some of your projects, can’t fence other peoples projects. That why I said we should not generalize. You’re comparing cost of building in Akure to other places ko jo rawon na. Savings shouldn’t be a trap of death. I hope you remember Ikoyi gate? To old for person of your age.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 9:43pm On Dec 20, 2022
kopell:
Oga ooo, me so low. Is okay, I notice it’s hard for you to take correction from professional here, even in the process of some of your projects. You most understand the entire blocks you used to build some of your projects, can’t fence other peoples projects. That why I said we should not generalize. You’re comparing cost of building in Akure to other places ko jo rawon na. Savings shouldn’t be a trap of death. I hope you remember Ikoyi gate? To old for person of your age.
Each Professional has a way of handling Project differently. The way you handle yours is quite different from the way I'll handle mine. I won't say much. But next time you cabal want to criticize,pls criticize with something similar. Below is 2pairs of fabricated Gates I did for
Less than 200k per pair(No inferior/light materials) to a Nairalander in Abeokuta. I'd have spend less if I know where to source for Steel bar Materials directly from the head-office in Abeokuta. Go price it outside and hear the Price. ; cool

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 9:47pm On Dec 20, 2022
coldcandy:

Hello boss. I'm looking for genuine Schneider dealer in Abuja.
I want to buy circuit breakers and SPDs

As requested

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 9:50pm On Dec 20, 2022
Project cost is very subjective. Materialswise and finishing wise.

But I doubt that in Abuja that house would cost anything less than 100m.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 10:12pm On Dec 20, 2022
olukaygold:

Each Professional has a way of handling Project differently. The way you handle yours is quite different from the way I'll handle mine. I won't say much. But next time you cabal want to criticize,pls criticize with something similar. Below is 2pairs of fabricated Gates I did for
Less than 200k per pair(No inferior/light materials) to a Nairalander in Abeokuta. I'd have spend less if I know where to source for Steel bar Materials directly from the head-office in Abeokuta. Go price it outside and hear the Price. ; cool
oga I bet you money, the materials used to arrive at 200k are at best 1mm sheet. If you touch anything 1.5mm, the price will hit 300 at least

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 10:14pm On Dec 20, 2022
michlins:
oga I bet you money, the materials used to arrive at 200k are at best 1mm sheet. If you touch anything 1.5mm, the price will hit 300 at least
Oga! I disagree. The materials even with 2mm is less than 200k. Na me buy the materials. I can do this with 160k in Adoekiti/Ilorin with 2mm plates(Only Materials).

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 10:30pm On Dec 20, 2022
olukaygold:

Oga! I disagree. The materials even with 2mm is less than 200k. Na me buy the materials. I can do this with 160k in Adoekiti/Ilorin with 2mm plates(Only Materials).
ok, what's the current price of 2mm sheet and how many did you use. If you stick to 2mm materials all round, materials alone will be above 300k

I can point out the areas that show the guage of pan you used but that's not why we are here.

Mine you that to build a very lasting gate, you need to frame with angle bars and not the 3 by 1½ pipe you used there. Those pipes will rust in less than five years. The anchors on the gate should be at least three (four is industry standard) to handle the weight of the gate else the weight will be on the top anchor and it will die off quickly.

I don't mean to disparage your work but the way you cut costs affects quality.

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by CivilEngineer90: 10:56pm On Dec 20, 2022
Godisgreatest1:

if your home was up to Standard then show us the test cube results from lab analysis and not the house covered in a beautiful paint. You did yours with baba sikiru, non Engineered that's fine but pls don't encourage that kind of thing here. To get a home up to code you are looking at those figures bro. So just codedly do your thing and stay low-key but when those who want to build to Standard and withstand all harsh weather conditions then let them do it how it should be.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 10:57pm On Dec 20, 2022
michlins:
ok, what's the current price of 2mm sheet and how many did you use. If you stick to 2mm materials all round, materials alone will be above 300k

I can point out the areas that show the guage of pan you used but that's not why we are here.

Mine you that to build a very lasting gate, you need to frame with angle bars and not the 3 by 1½ pipe you used there. Those pipes will rust in less than five years. The anchors on the gate should be at least three (four is industry standard) to handle the weight of the gate else the weight will be on the top anchor and it will die off quickly.

I don't mean to disparage your work but the way you cut costs affects quality.
This is where you all always got it wrong with all this big big English just to convince the client in other to collect big money, I did exactly what the what the cl sent me. did you know the thickness of the 3/1½ I used?No, even the plates you mentioned,pls mention the quality here ooo. All your listed critics are just fallacies that doesn't hold water. I used 3/1½ on my first building Gate and it's still standing gallant 4yrs and still counting.Lots of rectangle gates You see here and there are 3/1½ for the frame work. Oga 2mm plate is sold around 30k each, I won't name materials needed cos You sef won't do it,but do the calculation yourself sebi you're a welder. Fact remain "I won't spend up to 160k if I'm to fabricate it either in Adoekiti/Ilorin".

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 11:59pm On Dec 20, 2022
olukaygold:

Hahahha. I hope you’re not referring me to cabal. FYI, I am not a contractor ooo I beg. I give couple of Engineers here different projects to build for me ni ooo. Please don’t even think of that cabal thing with me. It is well, constructive criticizing makes one improve.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kalu61(m): 2:19am On Dec 21, 2022
olukaygold:

This is where you all always got it wrong with all this big big English just to convince the client in other to collect big money, I did exactly what the what the cl sent me. did you know the thickness of the 3/1½ I used?No, even the plates you mentioned,pls mention the quality here ooo. All your listed critics are just fallacies that doesn't hold water. I used 3/1½ on my first building Gate and it's still standing gallant 4yrs and still counting.Lots of rectangle gates You see here and there are 3/1½ for the frame work. Oga 2mm plate is sold around 30k each, I won't name materials needed cos You sef won't do it,but do the calculation yourself sebi you're a welder. Fact remain "I won't spend up to 160k if I'm to fabricate it either in Adoekiti/Ilorin".
You have failed to calculate the amount of time, miscellaneous you spent doing the errands etc and how much you pay yourself doing them.

I will like to point out one thing. They are Engineers, Architect and Artisans that have grown pass certain amount of Job pay just like in every profession based on experience and work load, it doesn't mean you can't get the job done.

Secondly taste and finishing varies. Someone will still build the same two bedrooms with less than a 5m and someone will do same for 15m.

We have seen people build without DPC, without reinforcement except the lintels, flat roofing with Cameroon zinc, local stone, local sand(Erosion sand), moulding 45-50 blocks with 1 bag of cement, mixing ration of 1:6:6, low quality casement, paint window protector and electrical fittings etc. I can go on and on.

Don't generalize your opinion because you want to advertise yourself but if you claim l'm wrong, list the quality of materials used.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 2:26am On Dec 21, 2022
kalu61:
You have failed to calculate the amount of time, miscellaneous you spent doing the errands etc and how much you pay yourself doing them.

I will like to point out one thing. They are Engineers, Architect and Artisans that have grown pass certain amount of Job pay just like in every profession based on experience and work load, it doesn't mean you can't get the job done.

Secondary, taste and finishing varies.

We’re not even talking about that sir, I’m only trying to prove him wrong when he quoted that with soso materials, the gates would cost 300k. Which is a blatant lie.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kalu61(m): 2:35am On Dec 21, 2022
olukaygold:

We’re not even talking about that sir, I’m only trying to prove him wrong when he quoted that with soso materials, the gates would cost 300k. Which is a blatant lie.
l have edited my post and was partly making reference to your post you made by 8:32am
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MMotimo: 4:33am On Dec 21, 2022
olukaygold:

Oga! Whenever you want to Judge. Compare that building with nearly something similar to it before passing your Judgement. I don't even think you'd reason so low like this

Haba! Haba! Haba! This is so uncalled for. Your language is extremely inappropriate. We can agree to disagree, there was absolutely no reason to talk to him like that. Very disrespectful and you owe him an apology.

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 4:42am On Dec 21, 2022
olukaygold:

oga, make I no drag anything further with you. E be like say you know it all. Complete 1.5mm sheet is above 25k and 2mm is currently selling for 44-45k no matter where you buy it.

Having said that, you have won

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 6:38am On Dec 21, 2022
kalu61:

Secondary, taste and finishing varies. Someone will still build the same two bedrooms with less than a 5m and someone will do same for 15m.

We have seen people build without DPC, without reinforcement except the lintels, flat roofing with Cameroon zinc, local stone, local sand(Erosion sand), moulding 45-50 blocks with 1 bag of cement, mixing ration of 1:6:6, low quality casement, paint window protector and electrical fittings etc. I can go on and on.

Don't generalize your opinion because you want to advertise yourself but if you claim l'm wrong, list the quality of materials used.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Reeefe(m): 7:04am On Dec 21, 2022
Reeefe:
Good day house. I'm having issues deciding on a kitchen and dining format. the initial plan combines both the kitchen and dining in one room of 12ft by 9ft space. but alot of the bricklayer are saying it should be separated to like 5by 9 for dining n 6.6 by 9ft for the kitchen. so it got me thinking I should leave the both options available for the future tenants, by using a glass sliding to separate it. I really don want to use block as it would take more space n we have gotten to lintel already. please suggest what can be best done. all options would be appreciated

please someone advise me on this kitchen issue oh

(1) (2) (3) ... (3251) (3252) (3253) (3254) (3255) (3256) (3257) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Godisgreatest1, FemiHKE(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.