Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,532 members, 7,816,300 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3258) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4387342 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3255) (3256) (3257) (3258) (3259) (3260) (3261) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by en1gma12: 1:00pm On Dec 22, 2022
kopell:
Aventures, Dennis3d, build for me, Hajivince building behind the seen without any drama. Your right Abdulwastecx could have also built for then. He is busy . Still do your diligent. Dennis3d, Aventures, will never cut corners, they will either walked away. Mind you they are not cheap, they will advised you professionally. Good luck.

Thank you Mr kopell
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bovijean: 7:24pm On Dec 22, 2022
Good evening everyone
My name is Jean.I'm based in Lagos
You can contact me for your POP designs
WhatsApp 081-446-219-92

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 8:09pm On Dec 22, 2022
Muyesky:

Yes I am

I love your work...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 8:55pm On Dec 22, 2022
We are still available

Pop & wall screeding

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyesky(m): 9:01pm On Dec 22, 2022
redgem:

I love your work...

Much appreciated madam. cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by CDG1(m): 9:15pm On Dec 22, 2022
Welcome!!!!
Masterpiece Trucks And Granites is one the best suppliers with materials coming from two quarry branches: Ijebu Ode (To Lagos Island) and Abeokuta (Lagos Mainland)

Our materials are quality has been tested and verified by so many advance construction companies.

We understand that buying from some suppliers pose you the risk of not getting the exact tonnage paid for.

You should buy from us because:

We provide Haulage services (Howo trucks and Mack trucks).

Full tonnage supply.

Affordable prices.

We are registered with CAC.

Long-term relationships are extremely important to Us .

We do 24/7 supply.

Fast and reliable.

available materials are:
Boulder =7000/ton
Dust =2500/ton
1/2inch =7200/ton
stonebase =7000/ton
Hardcore =7000/ton
3/4 = 7200/ton
5/8(3/4down) =7200/ton
Abeokuta Sharp sand= 4200

Cost of transportation of materials from quarry to your site depends on the distance and price of diesel at the time: you can send truck over or we handle the transportation.

Kindly call us to place order or make inquiries.. 07026691840
#granite #granitesupplier #buildingmaterials

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aventures(m): 10:09pm On Dec 22, 2022
kopell:
Aventures, Dennis3d, build for me, Hajivince building behind the seen without any drama. Your right Abdulwastecx could have also built for then. He is busy . Still do your diligent. Dennis3d, Aventures, will never cut corners, they will either walked away. Mind you they are not cheap, they will advised you professionally. Good luck.
Thanks Sir for the mention. Well appreciated
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BIGGIE121(m): 7:42am On Dec 23, 2022
Good morning all..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Thenext: 9:48am On Dec 23, 2022
Please what's the best price one can get for POP per sqm?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 11:05am On Dec 23, 2022
Thenext:

Your location and design will determine pricing sir.

Good morning
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by CivilEngineer90: 11:31am On Dec 23, 2022
Thenext:
10k is fine use 2500 do Xmas for them.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 12:13pm On Dec 23, 2022
Yes the situation can be remedied but you need to state where exactly the dampness occurs. Is it on the wall or the floor?

If on the walls then, the lower portion of the walls will have be worked on and a hydro-seal applied before making good.

However if it is on the floor , you can either break the existing floor, place the dpm and reconstruct.
Or just cast additional floor on the existing floor after placing the dpm. Water proofing cement should be used during the rework.

Inception:

You will always know an expert when they speak. You know your onions Engr. Excellent submission on the matter.

However I would like to ask, in the event , foundation was properly done ( in this case, strip and pad) ,but DPM was omitted and capillary action has commenced in some areas of building after 5 years, is there anything that can be done to remedy the situation? I would like to hear from you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 12:16pm On Dec 23, 2022
You did well..

FEGEITOK:

I like what you wrote. When I rebuilt my house. I excavated the improperly built foundation then created a concrete footing, and placed DPM beneath the footing.

After curing the concrete, I demolished the walls and rebuilt the walls on the new concrete footing.

Then poured a new foundation inside the concrete footing. I also applied DPM underneath this new concrete slab.

Any negative implications to this approach?

The idea was to correct the lack of DPM without bringing down the whole house.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 12:19pm On Dec 23, 2022
Aforxzy:

Yes the situation can be remedied but you need to state where exactly the dampness occurs. Is it on the wall or the floor?

If on the walls then, the lower portion of the walls will have be worked on and a hydro-seal applied before making good.

However, if it is on the floor , you can either break the existing floor, place the dpm and reconstruct. Or just cast additional floor on the existing floor after placing the dpm. Water proofing cement should be used during the rework.

I love the bolded. After the work I did to excavate the existing floor, I have come to the conclusion that I can use the pre-existing floor as ground zero, if I had to do this again.

Coming from you, my thoughts have been validated.
However, it might mean increasing the height of the walls, easier to work up than down.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Tiztonio(m): 1:26pm On Dec 23, 2022
Any gravitex painter in benin city?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 3:00pm On Dec 23, 2022
Tiztonio:
Any gravitex painter in benin city?

Cc fonyeri
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 3:12pm On Dec 23, 2022
olukaygold:

Oga mi! Honestly I know who you're talking about sir. To
be outspoken, pls don't judge me based on the way I responded to critics here, that's not who I am in reality.but there are some clients they won't give you job but only want to use your brains and pay you peanut inform of transportation money.I don't do such(Nobody prays for Wasted efforts) What caused the disagreement between the client and I was; She asked me to come to the Site to check the work and I responded that we can seal everything on the phone here. which we spoken for good three days(minimum of 1hr WhatsApp call per day, explaining how the work would be done) But the client insisted I must go to the site. No where is safe in Nigeria now,Out of my busy times, I can't risk my life to check out the Work and still at the end;the Contract will be awarded to someone else(No oke prays for Wasted efforts).I only asked her to send 30% of the agreed price to my company account then I'll come the next day with my Team. We don't pray for wasted efforts. The client sent two different voice notes abusing me but I just have to replied her hat IM SORRY,still texted the client second day asking her to forgive me and overlook my shortcomings in whicwell-ironedh she replied yesterday. There are lots to say,but I just have to overlook it and move on. This is not me on reality sir. I only maintain Client - Contractor relationship,Not Master-Servant relationship.I'm so sorry for all the disagreement here and there sir. @Kopell I'm so sorry for dishing out that rigorous word. I'm so sorry House

I love your last line "Client contractor" not "Master Servant".

Nigerians love picking ideas only to end up giving the job to someone else, I was called up for a project last month and I took my time to travel down to meet them. Lol. They were happy with my proposals and they assured me they would give me the project so they fixed another day with the real owner of the job (I didn't know they ain't the real owner).

On the said Day, I brought out my starched and well ironed kaftan meant for important days, shined my black shoe and co. Burnt fuel down to the place. When I got there, the owner of the job told me to meet his wife for the discussion. We discussed and she said she was impressed but she wanted me to meet the person handling the projects (Arghh) so another day was fixed.

To finally impress them, I invited my good friend who owned one of the best company in south west to accompany me so that his own portfolio can finally convince them. I wore the suit I reserved for my wedding day grin

On getting there, we waited for hourssssss! (Mind you, I had things I wanted to do), before we eventually met the person handling the project only for that one to keep saying " How do you want to do it" "what methods" blah blah. We told him they want result and we will deliver the result but we can't divulge the process, on the long run, he said they truthfully do not have any money to pay us and that they thought we were volunteers so they were shocked when they saw the money we added to the proposal. I was weak, I looked at my friend and I was just begging him with my eyes. I wasted 1 week of my time, wasted my money to get prepared.

So, do not waste your effort until you're sure the JOB is yours. Know your value or else, clients would think you're a HUNGRY CONTRACTOR.,

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Thenext: 3:22pm On Dec 23, 2022
Lagos and normal design(simple but beautiful)

bolu1986:

Your location and design will determine pricing sir.

Good morning
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 3:22pm On Dec 23, 2022
KolaShangOne:

Simawa, Ogun state.

The picture was actually sent to me by a client.

He wants the exact building for 17 millon naira..
Lol! 17m. Lol. Lol. Broke people with expensive tastes

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 3:30pm On Dec 23, 2022
Thenext:
Lagos and normal design(simple but beautiful)

Presently 9k at the moment… the volume can bring down the price a lil bit.

We are available

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 4:04pm On Dec 23, 2022
FEGEITOK:

I love the bolded. After the work I did to excavate the existing floor, I have come to the conclusion that I can use the pre-existing floor as ground zero, if I had to do this again.

Coming from you, my thoughts have been validated.
However, it might mean increasing the height of the walls, easier to work up than down.
For a house with upstairs, raising the walls wouldn’t be an option
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by CDG1(m): 4:22pm On Dec 23, 2022
Welcome to
Masterpiece Trucks And Granites is one the best suppliers with materials coming from two quarry branches: Ijebu Ode (To Lagos Island) and Abeokuta (Lagos Mainland)

Our materials quality has been tested and verified by so many advance construction companies.

We understand that buying from some suppliers pose you the risk of not getting the exact tonnage paid for,delay in delivery and dirty or wrong material.

Full tonnage supply.

Affordable prices.

We do 24/7 supply.

Fast and reliable.

available materials and prices per ton:
Boulder =7000/ton
Dust =2500/ton
1/2inch =7200/ton
stonebase =7000/ton
Hardcore =7000/ton
3/4 = 7200/ton
5/8(3/4down) =7200/ton

Cost of transportation of materials from quarry to your site depends on the distance,you can send truck over to the quarry to load.

To place order:
1.tell us the numbers of tons needed
2.tell us the town and bus stop of your site
3.when your need the material
4.specify the size needed (granite)
5.specify the type of sand needed (we advice customers to use Abeokuta because of the sharp quality)

Note: payment before delivery is accepted if payment for transportation is made.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 5:21pm On Dec 23, 2022
We still have solar flood light available..:

Installation done @ Awka

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 6:04pm On Dec 23, 2022
sonnie10:

For a house with upstairs, raising the walls wouldn’t be an option

Agreed. Works for bungalows only
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abiola365: 9:24pm On Dec 23, 2022
Good p.m house, pls i need a mixer,maybe a new one or a good second hand mixer, to purchase in lagos or ibadan
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:26pm On Dec 23, 2022
@ ibadan we lighted this house … ready for our client to move in before Christmas..:

We are still available

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by CDG1(m): 9:39pm On Dec 23, 2022
Seasons Greetings,

Our materials are quality has been tested and verified by so many advance construction companies.

We understand that buying from some suppliers pose you the risk of not getting the exact tonnage paid for.

Full tonnage supply.

Affordable prices.

We do 24/7 supply.

Fast and reliable.

available materials are:
Boulder =7000/ton
Dust =2500/ton
1/2inch =7200/ton
stonebase =7000/ton
Hardcore =7000/ton
3/4 = 7200/ton
5/8(3/4down) =7200/ton

Cost of transportation of materials from quarry to your site depends on the distance and price of diesel at the time: you can send truck over or we handle the transportation.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 4:28am On Dec 24, 2022
Complement of season to you all my customer and friends I wish you all happy celebration of Christmas, well am still DFAMEGUY11S which you know so far,I greet you all.

Spanish porcelain floor tiles
Size 120x120

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Coiner: 7:42am On Dec 24, 2022
Good morning my people. Pls anyone who has done frameless windows recently should kindly help me compare this quote with what's obtainable.

It's just a 4 bed bungalow with 30 windows. I'm shocked by the figures quoted. 1.6m for just windows.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Coiner: 7:53am On Dec 24, 2022
Also, I have been confused on the right exterior security doors to get. Make una help me abeg. I need something very durable but I lack experience in this area.

Pls someone should help me choose from these options. Or if you have a picture of a very solid door, kindly share.

Can't spam here with many pictures. But a lot of them look similar.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 8:25am On Dec 24, 2022
Coiner:
Good morning my people. Pls anyone who has done frameless windows recently should kindly help me compare this quote with what's obtainable.

It's just a 4 bed bungalow with 30 windows. I'm shocked by the figures quoted. 1.6m for just windows.
Good morning sir
Sir according to what the person write I didn't see it clearly if the person can write the amount of each window then I can help in locating it he just total all together so tell him to separate it with the size and the amount of each.
.Frameless window with burglary and net right?
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:30am On Dec 24, 2022
Coiner:
Also, I have been confused on the right exterior security doors to get. Make una help me abeg. I need something very durable but I lack experience in this area.

Pls someone should help me choose from these options. Or if you have a picture of a very solid door, kindly share.

Can't spam here with many pictures. But a lot of them look similar.
I was going to buy these types of doors but people here mentioned that they don’t last. But I still want them thou.
Someone in Lagos said #250k for the 4 feet while 3 feet is #190k .

(1) (2) (3) ... (3255) (3256) (3257) (3258) (3259) (3260) (3261) ... (3667) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.