Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,791 members, 7,848,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 04:28 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (354) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4471683 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (3687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 8:01am On Jun 22, 2016
n3xt:

@ spyder880 baba agba! I'm not taking this from you. No! No!!

I need live demo and not paper work.

Hinge and slide is almost common today especially on contemporary/modern builds.

Abeg, do something na.

#IDonTurnWelderNow because of Hajji Mufutau prize money grin

My brother, I always want it simple. No complications in case of locks which will delay someone in an emergency. I am so many miles away from home so demo no go work for me now grin

EgunMogaji:

My Chief, thanks for selflessly sharing. It's not always about the money.
So can a child easily open this in an emergency?

I believe a seven year old can climb and unhook that curved rod without assistance.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:14am On Jun 22, 2016
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:16am On Jun 22, 2016
spyder880:

My brother, I always want it simple. No complications in case of locks which will delay someone in an emergency. I am so many miles away from home so demo no go work for me now grin

I believe a seven year old can climb and unhook that curved rod without assistance.

Nice one bro! Keep hoisting the flag.

I intend to do the schematics, source the hardwares and get them to my welder to put together.

Been a while I did something like this.

Well done!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 9:07am On Jun 22, 2016
Morning All

Be careful with your hard earned cash (especially those in diaspora), do your research about any builder. Dont be fooled by the different usernames, or google pictures one particular builder is trying so hard to divert attention and suck up to some of the people who have exposed him the most here.

For more info, read: https://www.nairaland.com/3148782/how-select-good-builder

Also, dont be brabuzed or bozuned, FAKE APPROVAL PLANS ARE IN CIRCULATION !! EVEN SOME LAGOS STATE OFFICIALS ARE IN ON THE FRAUD, I WILL POST THE DETAILS OF THE LAGOS STATE OFFICIALS IN A SEPERATE THREAD. NAME, DEPARTMENT AND CONTACT NUMBER.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by danowena: 9:26am On Jun 22, 2016
spyder880:

There is this particular parapet I did which I think should not have needed roof gutters, but the owner insisted.

He might have wanted it for the aesthetics. wink like baba EgunMogaji who wants it for aesthetics but hiding under the guise of eco-friendliness. tongue tongue tongue
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 9:29am On Jun 22, 2016
mavverick:
Morning All

Be careful with your hard earned cash (especially those in diaspora), do your research about any builder. Dont be fooled by the different usernames, or google pictures one particular builder is trying so hard to divert attention and suck up to some of the people who have exposed him the most here.

For more info, read: https://www.nairaland.com/3148782/how-select-good-builder

Also, dont be brabuzed or bozuned, FAKE APPROVAL PLANS ARE IN CIRCULATION !! EVEN SOME LAGOS STATE OFFICIALS ARE IN ON THE FRAUD, I WILL POST THE DETAILS OF THE LAGOS STATE OFFICIALS IN A SEPERATE THREAD. NAME, DEPARTMENT AND CONTACT NUMBER.
We appreciate you doing that to put those that are involve in this kind of criminal act to shame. Put them to where the belong, duplex cage jail.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 9:40am On Jun 22, 2016
Oga spyder

How can one tell if a parapet needs roof gutters or not ?
Is it all paraphets that does not need such ? Reason i ask is because I saw a lot that still have roof gutters.

spyder880:

There is this particular parapet I did which I think should not have needed roof gutters, but the owner insisted.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 9:44am On Jun 22, 2016
Its a small effort to save others from falling into same trap.
Our legal system is not sound in Nigeria, but i wonder what Governor Ambode/Commissioners/Head of personnel (Whom i happen to know) would think if one of their staff is an accessory to fraud/forgery, all correspondence in writing as evidence.

kopell:
We appreciate you doing that to put those that are involve in this kind of criminal act to shame. Put them to where the belong, duplex cage jail.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by danowena: 10:15am On Jun 22, 2016
Onuokwu:

Are you sure about those bolded figures? 30cm is about a foot and is really short. Means you are practically working on water.

As an example, Brabus could help in telling you how high the water table in the area below is.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:55am On Jun 22, 2016
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 22, 2016
msogunro:
Help Needed From The House - Lawyer and Opinion Requested

There is land in Iyana Agbala, Ibadan that I am very interested. The land has no C of O or conveyance. There was a dispute on the land but there was recently a court judgement awarding the land to family that I want to buy from. Only a few plots remain. Some have finished duplexes and bungalows and a few foundations have been laid.

My in-laws based in Ibadan say I should go for it. They've spoken to a few elders in the immediate area and they've confirmed the man is the rightful owner.

My family back home and my Uncle based in Lagos (engineer) say I shouldn't.

The lawyer I was to use for any transaction is AWOL (missing).

Does anyone have the contact info for a reputable lawyer in Ibadan?

I really want this land. It's the best site I've seen so far and the price is right.

Also, with the information above, what would you do? Expecting your responses.

I would stay away,if there's a dispute concerning any land,their are many fishes in the sea bro.

Land matter for naija,when court finishes its judgements,then juju will start its own,it's a thing of the ego(pride)many people don't give up after court judgment.

Nuff said.

Decide for yourself,but ask yourself one question,am I ready for any trouble?.if your answer is yes,then go for it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:16pm On Jun 22, 2016
euromilion:

I would stay away,if there's a dispute concerning any land,their are many fishes in the sea bro.

Land matter for naija,when court finishes its judgements,then juju will start its own,it's a thing of the ego(pride)many people don't give up after court judgment.

Nuff said.

Decide for yourself,but ask yourself one question,am I ready for any trouble?.if your answer is yes,then go for it.

True words, bro.

@ msogunro,

Concerning land matters in Nigeria, I be politician and I am also AGIP (All Government in Power).

I've bought lands in an area where each year new faction get the court injunction. The only saving grace is that I'm AGIP. Whoever won in the court is my friend.

In fact, they'll tell me ahead of time that they're going to obtain court injunction on so so so day.

If you can play the game, you can live anywhere. Otherwise, don't try it at all!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 12:40pm On Jun 22, 2016
Today is another beautiful day...make I go find breakfast chop first..I dey come.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 12:46pm On Jun 22, 2016
No way will I let you take credit for what you have not done. I have kept quiet all this while but I will reveal all soon enough. The state of the building now is not down to you, but almighty God. Have you forgotten that you were in a police cell when you were sacked on the supervision of the build, just before decking or so ? After you went AWOL

* The water exclusion strategy you are shouting about failed, water was simply seeping through from underneath, and it made little or no difference.
* You made a lot of mistakes with the building, too much to list here, it all started with the dodgy drawings, send me the structural drawings and lets see.
* No structural drawing, at least not one from a COREN registered civil engineer. Maybe one of your roadside architects or your small boy architect (Same guy who once told me I needed to go through him to speak to his architect grin).
* We had to make a lot of corrections to the foundation, too much to list (was this done out of spite or wickedness or being Evil)
* Who puts a toilet under a staircase with no provision for pipes, did you not think about the waste pipe and also the headroom or you expected people to poopoo inside a nylon and toss it into the Chateau bush ?
* Who has a living room that big without the necessary pillars at the right places (I bet this was not under your watch as you were in a cell when they did it).
* How could you do a foundation that is not straight, do you know the amount of corrections we had to make ?

We thank God for the state of the building today and the one next to it, but I HOPE THAT WHAT YOU HAVE PUT US THROUGH IN THAT BUILD, SOMEONE ELSE WILL PUT YOU THROUGH IT OR WORSE, IF NOT IT COULD BE YOUR RELATIVES !. Do you really think that you can get away with it ?

I am sure we will get a lot of excuses as usual, i will try not to reply but will create another thread for this build, me replying is simply diverting attention away from other matters.

Lastly, I have called them on site to ensure you do not gain entrance under any circumstances, if you do petrol could be poured on you as i would deem it that you want to steal materials (You have been warned).

Clearly the privacy of clients does not mean anything to you, is that a sign of someone who has completely given up on life or simply LOST IT ALL ?.

n3xt:

That area no get table, it's a real big boy area. A mini-Atlantic city project. You're not only dealing with your foundation, you'll equally need a speed boat to get home from over 700m to your house.

As at last year rain after over N2 - N3m has been poured into the waters, below was the situation according to the owner. This year it is roofed, plastered and accessorized but I've not been to the area cos I don't have a boat.

Architectural & Structural Designs done by NextHome

Foundation done by NextHome under Brabus supervision

Quick response at early stage to water exclusion strategies. Na the owner fit talk how much was spent on soil stabilization and water prevention at foundation stage alone.

#StopTheWaterBeforeItStopsYou

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Onuokwu: 12:56pm On Jun 22, 2016
agarawu23:
na so him curse me that day too.

Tho I am still wondering where the 27m went in his building undecided yes! That building isnt up to 27m even if he spent 5m for raft foundation. but because na brabus nobody go talk, they will all click "like" .

#hypocrites.

My thoughts too. He may have spent N27 million but its only a fraction that ended up in the structure i see. Maybe because he was building from diaspora. As someone who recently concluded a multilevel structure in Akoka, but with 31 nos of 18 meter pile points, i know what it cost me to get it done.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brag3: 12:59pm On Jun 22, 2016
Happy 21st Birthday grin grin grin

erico2k2:
Make Una dey do like say Una no Know, 2day is my Birthday the 22nd, so make una bring una gift sharp sharp grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 1:02pm On Jun 22, 2016
Onoukwu

If i may ask, where in Akoka is this. before finbars or after if coming from Unilag?
Is that an area where its close to the lagoon ? I saw a plot of land there, going for a good price but at the far end of the road is the lagoon and I said to myself No Thanks (Area is after community/Moronfolu St area)!

Is it because the building is multi level or the soil test dictated pile ?

Cheers
Onuokwu:

My thoughts too. He may have spent N27 million but its only a fraction that ended up in the structure i see. Maybe because he was building from diaspora. As someone who recently concluded a multilevel structure in Akoka, but with 31 nos of 18 meter pile points, i know what it cost me to get it done.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 1:14pm On Jun 22, 2016
mavverick:
No way will I let you take credit for what you have not done. I have kept quiet all this while but I will reveal all soon enough. The state of the building now is not down to you, but almighty God. Have you forgotten that you were in a police cell when you were sacked on the supervision of the build, just before decking or so ? After you went AWOL

* The water exclusion strategy you are shouting about failed, water was simply seeping through from underneath, and it made little or no difference.
* You made a lot of mistakes with the building, too much to list here, it all started with the dodgy drawings, send me the structural drawings and lets see.
* No structural drawing, at least not one from a COREN registered civil engineer. Maybe one of your roadside architects or your small boy architect (Same guy who once told me I needed to go through him to speak to his architect grin).
* We had to make a lot of corrections to the foundation, too much to list (was this done out of spite or wickedness or being Evil)
* Who puts a toilet under a staircase with no provision for pipes, did you not think about the waste pipe and also the headroom or you expected people to poopoo inside a nylon and toss it into the Chateau bush ?
* Who has a living room that big without the necessary pillars at the right places (I bet this was not under your watch as you were in a cell when they did it).
* How could you do a foundation that is not straight, do you know the amount of corrections we had to make ?

We thank God for the state of the building today and the one next to it, but I HOPE THAT WHAT YOU HAVE PUT US THROUGH IN THAT BUILD, SOMEONE ELSE WILL PUT YOU THROUGH IT OR WORSE, IF NOT IT COULD BE YOUR RELATIVES !. Do you really think that you can get away with it ?

I am sure we will get a lot of excuses as usual, i will try not to reply but will create another thread for this build, me replying is simply diverting attention away from other matters.

Lastly, I have called them on site to ensure you do not gain entrance under any circumstances, if you do petrol could be poured on you as i would deem it that you want to steal materials (You have been warned).

Clearly the privacy of clients does not mean anything to you, is that a sign of someone who has completely given up on life or simply LOST IT ALL ?.

Another one? Guess we are about to get on another rollercoaster ride folks...hang tight!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jun 22, 2016
danowena:

He might have wanted it for the aesthetics. wink like baba EgunMogaji who wants it for aesthetics but hiding under the guise of eco-friendliness. tongue tongue tongue

Interesting.

If I don't install gutter on the garage apartment roof then the roof run off will damage the fence.

If I don't install gutter on the main house then the internal courtyard may get flooded during rain.

I don't know how ugly a$$ rain gutters improve the looks of a house grin

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 22, 2016
Sorry but I don't sit down to play poker with fraudulent people, I might get Bozuned grin

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 2:10pm On Jun 22, 2016
For the Avoidance of doubt, this is the second build that we gave to Bosun, about the same time as the first one and one of the three jobs he got from my side or based on my recommendation (goodwill when he did my fence just over 3 yrs ago)

Same fence that he is gloating about, lets not foget that thousands of fences gets constructed in Nigeria without engineer, what do you need.

Sensible artisans

Bricklayer
Carpenter
Iron bender
Casters for the concrete pour

Materials

Cement
Y rebars (in my case 16mm, some 12mm and the rings)
sharp sand
granite
plaster sand if you want to plaster
binding wire
various sizes of nails
1 by 12 for formwork / 2 by 3 and other various sizes of wood
A line

If i have missed anything, it would not be much and I am no building engineer.

mavverick:

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 2:32pm On Jun 22, 2016
mavverick:
For the Avoidance of doubt, this is the second build that we gave to Bosun, about the same time as the first one and one of the three jobs he got from my side or based on my recommendation (goodwill when he did my fence just over 3 yrs ago)

Same fence that he is gloating about, lets not foget that thousands of fences gets constructed in Nigeria without engineer, what do you need.

Sensible artisans

Bricklayer
Carpenter
Iron bender
Casters for the concrete pour

Materials

Cement
Y rebars (in my case 16mm, some 12mm and the rings)
sharp sand
granite
plaster sand if you want to plaster
binding wire
various sizes of nails
1 by 12 for formwork / 2 by 3 and other various sizes of wood
A line

If i have missed anything, it would not be much and I am no building engineer.

Now i can understand where Maverick's anger is coming from. Gave this shyster two different project about same time and he messed up. I was even thinking its one o....I guess this bad news just never stop.
[size=14pt]
If anybody won use their hard earned money play joker or poker, then no shine ur eyes o.[/size]

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Onuokwu: 2:59pm On Jun 22, 2016
mavverick:
Onoukwu

If i may ask, where in Akoka is this. before finbars or after if coming from Unilag?
Is that an area where its close to the lagoon ? I saw a plot of land there, going for a good price but at the far end of the road is the lagoon and I said to myself No Thanks (Area is after community/Moronfolu St area)!

Is it because the building is multi level or the soil test dictated pile ?

Cheers

This is after St. Finbarr's coming from Unilag. To be precise, around the Kemist B/stop area (by the Total gas station). The area is not that close to the lagoon but for Akoka, Gbagada and other sorrounding areas,the soil bearing capacity is notoriously low. Before the town planning guys will even accept a building plan from you to consider for approval, it must be accompanied by a soil investigation report like they did in my case. I actually bought the property with the full knowledge that i would have to demolish the existing structure on it because it had "settled". The soil investigation report recommended "pile" and since i was looking at multilevel, the diameter was wider. I imagine a bungalow there will require piles with smaller diameter.

That community/moronfolu street axis also have same soil problem. I abandoned the option to purchase a value property there because children of the deceased owner permitted me to do a limited soil test. With the result, i could not see any economically viable options to own and hold the property.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jun 22, 2016
He gloated last night with an invitation that was sent on his behalf to the Chinese embassy.

Has money to go to China but yet can't meet up with his kobokobo weekly payment for his previous fraud grin

Or maybe his new uncle crayola is sponsoring him.

Atori lonje ti won cheesy

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by danowena: 3:10pm On Jun 22, 2016
n3xt:

That area no get table, it's a real big boy area . A mini-Atlantic city project. You're not only dealing with your foundation , you'll equally need a speed boat to get home from over 700m to your house.
mavverick:

*The water exclusion strategy you are shouting about failed, water was simply seeping through from underneath , and it made little or no difference.
@ the bolded. Do you really think the argument that roof gutter will help you channel water from your foundation holds for this kind of area? I think not. This is because the ground water will always rise to the general ground level of that area just like maverick mentioned above.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:33pm On Jun 22, 2016

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by esoorita: 3:34pm On Jun 22, 2016
EgunMogaji:
He gloated last night with an invitation that was sent on his behalf to the Chinese embassy.

Has money to go to China but yet can't meet up with his kobokobo weekly payment for his previous fraud grin

Or maybe his new uncle crayola is sponsoring him.

Atori lonje ti won cheesy

I haven't checked on this forum for sometime now but from the look of things, it seems as if Brabus has lost the backing of Egungun who happened to be his (Brabus) supporter at the early part of this thread. How did it go sour between Egungun and Brabus?

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:43pm On Jun 22, 2016
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Royaltyautos: 3:51pm On Jun 22, 2016
To Let
Direct Brief
Big open space suitable for office, lounge, restaurant or club at lekki phase 1 on Admiralty way facing the road.

N7M Per anum.

For more in contact Royalty Homes and Properties
Tel: 09028448954, 07037366863, 08141327510
Whatsapp: 07037366863 and 09075094656
Email: Royaltyhomesandproperty@gmail.com
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:58pm On Jun 22, 2016
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 4:06pm On Jun 22, 2016
esoorita:

I haven't checked on this forum for sometime now but from the look of things, it seems as if Brabus has lost the backing of Egungun who happened to be his (Brabus) supporter at the early part of this thread. How did it go sour between Egungun and Brabus?

Esu orita if you go over the thread you will see why. Egun is now born again. The shyster's jazz no dey work on him again. but few are still in his web. only the truth can set them free.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 4:13pm On Jun 22, 2016
Some people will never learn

Someone will ask Timmy or Teddy, where is your daddy. I dont know, I think he is in a police station or police cell or being jacked by Armed mobile police men. grin

Some people gloat about nothing grin eg A Castle in the middle of a bush with no address built with stolen money/materials.
Some people would tell you that your build is better than the white house when under your payroll, sack them like this, its the worse building grin
Some people dont have a single happy Client grin
Some people cannot stop defrauding grin
Some people like to defraud and forge documents grin
Some people have no where to run to grin
Some people have a broken brand grin
Some people are struggling to pay kobokobo but fancy 3D printed floors and fancy finishing grin
Some people fail to pay workers, even after collecting money from clients grin
Some people dont follow or do legitimate building plans grin
Some people are road side, closed office but yet get address grin
Some people may be busy building drywall and sliding burglary, others are breaking ground grin
Some people are cursed, thats why they are eating bones or nothing after eating meat before ! grin
Some are terrified, dont get bambuzzed with what you read grin just see the screenshot below !

#GetALife and get offline
Enough said

n3xt:

Roof gutter to channel water for inside ocean? No! You've been there before you should know the problem is not water seeping from ground but lack of drainage to direct the water to.

This explains the reason why so many big structure on that road are unoccupied and are advertised for sale without buyer for years.

Once the road gets filled up, the water backflow into the plots and continue to rise. The worse part is the new Ologolo road which divide the main Ologolo road into 2. This means unless there's serious intervention, those areas will continue to experience serious water issue until they do drainage to link up the new road or connect to whitesand.

And funny enough, both buildings are the same design. Just that one felt the design is not ok and decided to add more to it. Like making 4 to 6 or 7 and putting cantilevers on building that wasn't designed to have one from foundation.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (3687) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.