Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,784 members, 7,834,636 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (474) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4440598 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) ... (3678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 13, 2016
msogunro:

Thanks for the very useful post.

Now to find someone that'll get it done for me.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by danowena: 2:51pm On Aug 13, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I see only a few broken ones so it "appears" okay to me.

I know what you're probably thinking, but my friend we will never get those here in Nigeria. Our guys don't believe in quality.
Oga,

Actually you can but at a higher price. Price difference could be more than N80 per block.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 13, 2016
danowena:

Oga,

Actually you can but at a higher price. Price difference could be more than N80 per block.

Oh please stop it grin

We've even been shown the one manufactured by "Big Boys" whatever that crap means, and it's the same shyte.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by danowena: 4:58pm On Aug 13, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Oh please stop it grin

We've even been shown the one manufactured by "Big Boys" whatever that crap means, and it's the same shyte.
Ok o

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 13, 2016
danowena:

Ok o

Is that all?

I was expecting pictorial evidence of structurally sound and aesthetic looking cement blocks to be displayed angry

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 13, 2016
Danger of digging septic tanks and leaving it uncovered.

Legal angle

Lagos State Commissioner for Environment, Dr. Samuel Adejare, could not be reached on his mobile telephone as it was switched off, but a lawyer, Mr. Wahab Shittu, said the person who constructed the septic tank and soak away could be criminally liable if found to have been negligent by leaving them open.

Shittu said he ought to have exercised “due care to ensure that his soak away and septic tank do not constitute danger to persons and property around”.

He said, “The relevant questions are: does he hold a duty of care? Has he breached that duty? The answer will be yes because he ought to have put in place some precautionary measures. Arising from that breach, has some damage been caused to particularly person(s)?

“But also since it happened twice, the issue of contributory negligence could arise on the part of the woman having been aware that the place posed some sort danger. Having fallen into the pit previously, she should have taken steps to mitigate the damage. But everything will depend on the evidence of proof. But these are evidential issues that an impartial arbiter will consider.”

https://www.nairaland.com/3285892/pregnant-woman-dies-after-falling
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by babalose: 7:04pm On Aug 13, 2016
@3strike. ....was there any complain about the quality of wood used for the initial roofing by brabus?

Babalose

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 7:59pm On Aug 13, 2016
allCopacetic:

thank you sirs, I'm very flattered.
lol I'm definitely not a god of any kind.

Don't worry, we are here to decide that. smiley

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 11:35pm On Aug 13, 2016
babalose:
@3strike. ....was there any complain about the quality of wood used for the initial roofing by brabus?

Babalose

Lets just leave that for another day. You already know the answer sir.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by babalose: 12:22am On Aug 14, 2016
@3strike.....you are giving a vague answer. If I knew I won't ask. He was arguing about the type of roofing sheet so I wanted to know about the wood used for the roofing.

Babalose

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 4:05am On Aug 14, 2016
babalose:
@3strike.....you are giving a vague answer. If I knew I won't ask. He was arguing about the type of roofing sheet so I wanted to know about the wood used for the roofing.

Babalose

What do you expect from a fraudster?
No be everything wey Bosun Brabus of Nexthome do I fit dey talk. Brabus left a lot of partitioning wall undone and he claimed carcass was completed. Had to buy more blocks, cements and pay workers to complete the job. Abi should I talk about my staircase?

Oga make we leave talk for another day jare.

Bosun is a fraud! No integrity whatsoever.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:30am On Aug 14, 2016
Aluminium Products for Roofing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSHyIZCKmKo

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:15am On Aug 14, 2016
Space Planning | How much space is enough?

I've seen a lot of designs here and over the Internet. Only few do well to maximize the use of available spaces.

For example, kitchens are always "U, L or I shape" That's not bad for good circulation BUT how much of unplanned nairas goes into creating an amphitheater when the show screen is only 32" wide.

A well designed kitchen is a delight of a good woman.

Functionality over Form.

I think different. Brabus.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:34am On Aug 14, 2016
Inside a 18sqm Cooking Box

- Semi-Island Cooktop also serves as Breakfast nook.
- A full Glass Door makes it an extension of the living area
- Coffee/Wine Bar
- Dishwasher in a drawer
- Organized Storage
- Connected TV/Media screen
- Deep and full extension drawers
- Racks
- Ample lighting (Pendant lights and Under-Cabinet fixtures)

________
My Chateau by Brabus. | 2013

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:01am On Aug 14, 2016
Standard Kitchen | Space Requirement

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 10:24am On Aug 14, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Abi una dey do borehole too my oga?

I must drag you to my site to do at least a project.

I want to frame a receipt that says padlock chicken coop on it grin

Lol. No we don't. I can't stand the disappointment of going 80m and not getting water. Seismic data isn't 100% reliable (I stand corrected).
Had a friend who majored in Reservoir Engr and I also can read seismic data. You think you have found oil (in this case- water) and after spending billions drilling, you have to abandon well because "shale oil" or "not in commercial quantity "

Besides, curses from hurt house owners are real.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 10:29am On Aug 14, 2016
Oga @brabus I remember you posting your ground floor plan some time back. I will like to ask what your total built up area is, and how much you spend including finishes for the Chateau
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 10:33am On Aug 14, 2016
Was just internet-jay-walking and came across this..

I don't need to say anything but..

That car weighs about 1.6 tons of iron (you know German cars)

And if the blocks fail, it could lead to death.

Would you try this with Nigerian blocks?

I bet it's not the same price with our blocks though

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 10:37am On Aug 14, 2016
3strikes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:20am On Aug 14, 2016
KolaShangOne:
Oga @brabus I remember you posting your ground floor plan some time back. I will like to ask what your total built up area is, and how much you spend including finishes for the Chateau

The total footprint is around 360sqm (excluding the upper floor). Carcass is dirt cheap (cheaper than you can ever imagine). Finishes, I stopped keeping records of expenditures from the Roofing stage. Everything during finishes is as the spirit-led (the best I could afford) and at my convenience.

To give an idea of the overall spend, the figure is within the range of 70% of the amount you'll spend on most duplexes in the same class.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Happykay: 11:48am On Aug 14, 2016
n3xt:

The total footprint is around 360sqm (excluding the upper floor). Carcass is dirt cheap (cheaper than you can ever imagine). Finishes, I stopped keeping records of expenditures from the Roofing stage. Everything during finishes is as the spirit-led (the best I could afford) and at my convenience.

To give an idea of the overall spend, the figure is within the range of 70% of the amount you'll spend on most duplexes in the same class.

Kudos
I'm sure the white truck was more than helpful
Moving stolen materials from clients site at night tirelessly
You are damn lucky

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bugmenot: 12:27pm On Aug 14, 2016
grin

Some people should cover their faces in shame. It's amazing how they think they can blurr their (leopard) spots by preaching harder. Anyone who invests an hour researching builders on nairaland will have himself/herself to blame if they fall into the hands of the wrong person.

Happykay:

Kudos
I'm sure the white truck was more than helpful
Moving stolen materials from clients site at night tirelessly
You are damn lucky

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:35pm On Aug 14, 2016
KolaShangOne:
Was just internet-jay-walking and came across this..

I don't need to say anything but..

That car weighs about 1.6 tons of iron (you know German cars)

And if the blocks fail, it could lead to death.

Would you try this with Nigerian blocks?

I bet it's not the same price with our blocks though

This is a CGF block from the Chinese. I can see that the mould used for the block in my video below is the same as the one shown in the picture you attached.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JHiR19NRy4

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 1:09pm On Aug 14, 2016
I am sick and tired of this CHATEAU thing over the years. Where you the first guy to build a house on the Island. For how long will you be displaying your stupid trial and error building style claiming to be a research in innovation. Please when you want to do this, use your money and open your research lab and experiment your trial and error there. Take your research product to channels TV and pay advertisement fee, so that you can get more victims. We have seen other people build over 25 houses in the last 2 years, without any issue with the professionalism and money management skills they display in actualizing these projects. When on the earth it's only one guy in the pool of others that always have issues in the last five years with majority of his clients and still trying to justify that it's the customer that is always wrong. Most of us here are professionals in different fields of our professions, if we are not builders it does not mean that we are stupid in terms of way we managing our resources. For those that lost millions in the thought of giving someone second chance, in my opinion I believe it's not a bad thing to do. But this guy has proven beyond reasonable doubt, that is his way of life. Whoever bought into it should have himself to blame and please all parties involved should stop derailing this innovative and ideologist informative platform. Don't mean to attack anyone but just, to share my view on this matter that has been revolving for over three years.

14 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Larwin(m): 2:04pm On Aug 14, 2016
KolaShangOne:

Lol. No we don't. I can't stand the disappointment of going 80m and not getting water. Seismic data isn't 100% reliable (I stand corrected).
Had a friend who majored in Reservoir Engr and I also can read seismic data. You think you have found oil (in this case- water) and after spending billions drilling, you have to abandon well because "shale oil" or "not in commercial quantity "

Besides, curses from hurt house owners are real.

My Oga, na true u talk.... Interpretations in geophysics are ambiguous so it takes both experience and integration of geophysical methods to reduce uncertainties.

In oil companies it's not only seismic method they use, they also use Electromagnetic, Electrical, Radioactive, magnetic methods. They also go into studying various facies , chemical elements and more more just to ascertain there is oil there. They even drill test wells. The amount they spend on exploration alone is more than they spend on exploitation.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by itswell1: 2:36pm On Aug 14, 2016
kopell:
I am sick and tired of this CHATEAU thing over the years. Where you the first guy to build a house on the Island. For how long will you be displaying your stupid trial and error building style claiming to be a research in innovation. Please when you want to do this, use your money and open your research lab and experiment your trial and error there. Take your research product to channels TV and pay advertisement fee, so that you can get more victims. We have seen other people build over 25 houses in the last 2 years, without any issue with the professionalism and money management skills they display in actualizing these projects. When on the earth it's only one guy in the pool of others that always have issues in the last five years with majority of his clients and still trying to justify that it's the customer that is always wrong. Most of us here are professionals in different fields of our professions, if we are not builders it does not mean that we are stupid in terms of way we managing our resources. For those that lost millions in the thought of giving someone second chance, in my opinion I believe it's not a bad thing to do. But this guy has proven beyond reasonable doubt, that is his way of life. Whoever bought into it should have himself to blame and please all parties involved should stop derailing this innovative and ideologist informative platform. Don't mean to attack anyone but just, to share my view on this matter that has been revolving for over three years.
He should please tell us another project he finished with the customer delighted. Or does he wants to tell us that its only his Chateau that he found satisfaction for a work well done? Maybe the satisfaction he derives from the Chateau is the stealing perfection of his clients materials, money and insults he helps on them?.
I have told him i am still waiting for the SUPER active user moniker that he said he is working for here.
Evil thrive when good men do nothing. On this platform Brabus is a con man and we will not allow this.
Nlanders i will be sharing a building project that i heard the engineer has used the clients money to build his own house and the clients house is still work in progress. The Neighbours around said the client is based in the Diaspora and they dont have any contact with the person in order to raised a red flag. I will share the picture and mention the locality incase anyone knows someone that is building in that location. I went looking for land to buy and i heard the gist. People are very wicked

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by itswell1: 2:55pm On Aug 14, 2016
bugmenot:
grin

Some people should cover their faces in shame. It's amazing how they think they can blurr their (leopard) spots by preaching harder. Anyone who invests an hour researching builders on nairaland will have himself/herself to blame if they fall into the hands of the wrong person.

Dont mind him posting pictures from jurassic park forgetting that some of us here are as old as metuselah and we dont suffer memory loss. When a lie goes unchallenge it becomes the truth.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:06pm On Aug 14, 2016
Happy Sunday | Under the Hood

Under-cabinet lighting and floor sockets.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 5:22pm On Aug 14, 2016
May we not be stuck in the past that we start to dwell on past glory....

I even think say na only me tire of seeing the chateau's pictures..

Its a matter of time folks....Karma is a b!tch!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by itswell1: 6:06pm On Aug 14, 2016
3strikes:
May we not be stuck in the past that we start to dwell on past glory....

I even think say na only me tire of seeing the chateau's pictures..

Its a matter of time folks....Karma is a b!tch!

He does not have a past of glory but pains, thievery, frauds, short changing clients, juju, impersonation, rudeness, 419 etc.
No one single clients can vouch for him? Even amongst thieves there is honour.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:23pm On Aug 14, 2016
0.35 light guage Longspan roofing used on my chateau

Happy to show my past. Let's see your present!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by itswell1: 6:31pm On Aug 14, 2016
n3xt:
0.35 light guage Longspan roofing used on my chateau

Happy to show my past. Let's see your present!
The only thing i see is the resources of clients you stole from.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) ... (3678) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ishadfurnitures and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.