Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,057 members, 7,863,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:24 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (518) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4507999 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) ... (3696) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 11:37am On Sep 15, 2016
lastpage:
When would these KIDS learn to do something useful with their miserable life?
Why the fixation on @Lastpage, an anonymous user i.d? shocked shocked

I know it when KIDs are having NIGHTMARES over my user i.d grin grin

If @Lastpage makes one single post in the last 24hrs on another thread and strangers make the below reviews about the post, why should l even blink over what some Scallywag + Ekpa + Leper + Looser thinks about my user i.d
undecided grin grin

Please Kontinue, High Blood Pressure is not expensive to treat. undecided grin grin

Lastpage!

PS: use font size 100 so we can see it properly! grin grin Ekpa!

Its such a shame what Lastpage has been reduced to........ From a highly respected fellow to a nuisance and a tout. This is what usually happens to people who give up their integrity for commissions from racketeering. Brabus bought all this folks for cheap.

We all know recession dey naija but must you do it?

Its such a shame....smh

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sensegiver: 11:39am On Sep 15, 2016
3strikes:

Its such a shame what Lastpage has been reduced to........ From a highly respected fellow to a nuisance and a tout. This is what usually happens to people who give up their integrity for commissions from racketeering. Brabus bought all this folks for cheap.

Its such a shame....smh

Na wa o.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 12:01pm On Sep 15, 2016
Cement prices are still high o.
Last batch i bought for N2,150 and i enquired today again, its still same price. In a recession, usually spending is down and money is scarce, but this nija version is touching o. Everything has gone up in price, even cost of labour also, workers are complaining about the high cost of living, and its true.

Yet I still see properties being advertised for billions, our engineers/contractors/suppliers, what is the actual situation on the ground ?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 3:31pm On Sep 15, 2016
mavverick:
Last batch i bought for N2,150 and i enquired today again, its still same price. In a recession, usually spending is down and money is scarce, but this nija version is touching o. Everything has gone up in price, even cost of labour also, workers are complaining about the high cost of living, and its true.

Yet I still see properties being advertised for billions, our engineers/contractors/suppliers, what is the actual situation on the ground ?

Well, we are ever busy.,.....regardless

------
D variation on this particular project due to inflation is almost 3m

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 5:06pm On Sep 15, 2016
Wow
I do hope that you and your client can work to a solution. Good to hear its business as usual, I wonder what the situation is with Bosun in this climate.

In your experience, when a construction work is about to start, is it better to just buy as much as you can. When i started my project, i have bought cement for N1,850, last quarter of 2015 i bought for as low as N1,350 and now highest at N2,150.

Toilet sanitary ware, I bought it since January and they are only just using it, little did i know that prices would jump up north like this.

segcymoor:

Well, we are ever busy.,.....regardless

------
D variation on this particular project due to inflation is almost 3m
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 8:39pm On Sep 15, 2016
mavverick:
Wow
I do hope that you and your client can work to a solution. Good to hear its business as usual, I wonder what the situation is with Bosun in this climate.

In your experience, when a construction work is about to start, is it better to just buy as much as you can. When i started my project, i have bought cement for N1,850, last quarter of 2015 i bought for as low as N1,350 and now highest at N2,150.

Toilet sanitary ware, I bought it since January and they are only just using it, little did i know that prices would jump up north like this.

grin grin grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 8:41pm On Sep 15, 2016
mavverick:
Wow

if it was Bosun Brabus aka N3xt of Next home, He would do the following:

1. Rob Peter to pay Paul. i dont need to elaborate more on this..... his white Van comes handy in time like this.
2. Fight the client and open a thread.
3. Quit coming to the site without letting the client know but will be sending you daily status pictures of someone else's site.....oh boy!

if na lie make una ask Lastpage /Excuzeme (The LEPER)....... grin grin grin grin

Running out of thread now before they come for my neck o...

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 12:01am On Sep 16, 2016
grin grin grin
Comedy of the week.
Can you imagine this in "jegede sokoya's" voice.

This thread is something else.

Oldlayez:

Baby Boy kiss
I gat to give it to you sweetie.. your writing makes my couchie wet, as in , you write so well that I daydream about you kiss Even when you say you are a soldier, I see myself being pinned down and bleeped mercilessly.. when you say you are a pastor or doctor, I see well manicured fingers doing magic in my konko below; Don't stop writing Baby Lastpage..

Btw, ain't you the same with excuzeme ??... And if you are the same, there's a name for that condition and what would that be_________

I still Love you thou kiss kiss

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 1:13pm On Sep 16, 2016
mavverick:

As we speak I bought for 2200 in PH
no B small thing
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mayor78: 12:59am On Sep 17, 2016
It appears the price is coming down, I bought N2,050 @Onitsha yesterday.
As distributors resorts to hoarding over fear of escalating forex creating artificial scarcity and price hike, savy and shrewed builders resorts to adjusting speed and rescheduling project take off, the shylock hoarders has and will still have no choice than to open their warehouse thus causing price to start climbing down.
Bulk storage of cement over time cost money. Let them hoard, and we will remain in our mud house afterall we were born and thrived well in it.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 6:29am On Sep 17, 2016
Mayor78:
As distributors resorts to hoarding over fear of escalating forex creating artificial scarcity and price hike, savy and shrewed builders resorts to adjusting speed and rescheduling project take off, the shylock hoarders has and will still have no choice than to open their warehouse thus causing price to start climbing down.
Bulk storage of cement over time cost money. Let them hoard, and we will remain in our mud house afterall we were born and thrived well in it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 2:26pm On Sep 17, 2016
Mayor78:
Mud house bwaaahahahahaha grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mayor78: 4:15pm On Sep 17, 2016
erico2k2:

Mud house bwaaahahahahaha grin grin grin grin

Erico what's funny, most in my age aren't innit generation or born with silverspoon.........you forget say most of us were highly priviledged to grew up in mud houses, which by the way is very cool during the hot weather and warm during harmattan season.....due to a sort of natural airconditioning system already factored in by our ingenius forefathers during construction......and unfortunately an evolution that didnt continue with this our now the what's up! and oyibo made is the best mentality generation.

Unsurprisingly these same mud system of building and thatched roofing are springing up here and there in some European towns. They aren't in short supply in some Welsh, and English villages especially along Holyhead-Chester-London train routes.

Let cement no come down and see whether we can't retrace our mud ideas, afterall some folks here are already tinkering on starting the burnt brick evolution.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 4:44pm On Sep 17, 2016
Mayor78:

Erico what's funny, most in my age aren't innit generation or born with silverspoon.........you forget say most of us were highly priviledged to grew up in mud houses, which by the way is very cool during the hot weather and warm during harmattan season.....due to a sort of natural airconditioning system already factored in by our ingenius forefathers during construction......and unfortunately an evolution that didnt continue with this our now the what's up! and oyibo made is the best mentality generation.

Unsurprisingly these same mud system of building and thatched roofing are springing up here and there in some European towns. They aren't in short supply in some Welsh, and English villages especially along Holyhead-Chester-London train routes.

Let cement no come down and see whether we can't retrace our mud ideas, afterall some folks here are already tinkering on starting the burnt brick evolution.
Guy abeg no burst my bele Im laughing seriously grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adewaleID: 4:50pm On Sep 17, 2016
you guys brighten my day with your valuable contribution to the cement palaver lol

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by superbouck(m): 2:37am On Sep 19, 2016
Let the update on current price of cement continue
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 6:19am On Sep 19, 2016
I heard that a guy bought for N2000 (Unicem) on Friday last week in Enugu. I will be in the market this morning to see if anything changed

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 5:19pm On Sep 19, 2016
3strikes:

Its such a shame what Lastpage has been reduced to........ [b] From a highly respected fellow to a nuisance and a tout. This is what usually happens to people who give up their integrity for commissions from racketeering. Brabus bought all this folks for cheap.

Its such a shame....smh[/b]

The real SHAME is on those who have been making spurious allegations in the last six months, without a single evidence to show that "Brabus or anyone for that matter, is @Lastpage or paid @Lastpage any money or has any connection (in real life) to @Lastpage.
But l can understand that "shameless buffoons" just dont understand what "shame" really means

Generally speaking, there are three kinds of people:
1) Those who feel bad about feeling good. They believe we’re not supposed to be happy, just ‘responsible’.

2) Those who rain on your parade because your joy bothers them.
Often, these folks have been hurt by life and anger simmers just beneath the surface.

3) Those who lift your spirit and breathe life into you.

It is obvious WHERE all you these "WOUNDED" LEPERS / EKPAS / SCALLYWAGS .........belong.

Since none of you know me in person, it is reasonable to believe the "respect' you are talking about is as a result of what l write on Nairaland, with my user-handle (Lastpage!).
That what "@Lastpage" writes online, garners respect online, is nothing knew and anyone will agree that we are what we write because only intelligent people can write intelligently and command "anonymous" respect!
Its unfortunate that nitwits like you cant even get such "anonymous" respect!
Not my fault, "You cant give what you dont have". Simple!

But the more important thing is that l have chosen to remain anonymous because such "ONLINE Respect" is only limited to an "anonymous mention called @Lastpage" and does not matter to me or have any impact on me, in real life.
I could be that Mai-Guard or Suya Seller on your street or that Truck Pusher or even your mechanic! grin grin

I have more than enough "real and important people" respecting me ........in "Real Life".
It is that one l cherish.
I dont deserve any respect from LEPERS, SCALLYWAGS and NITWITS who "life have dealt a heavy blow"....... and anger/hatred is all they have left. undecided undecided

Shove your "respect" up your stinking azz-hole.
grin grin

Lastpage!

PS: feel free to vent your frustrations, ...... I can understand your situation in life grin

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 19, 2016
Elephant cement:
Classic: N2000 per bag, Supaset: N2050 per bag. Delivery to anywhere in the southwest region. Minimum order of a trailer load.
Call 08037904605.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 6:36pm On Sep 19, 2016
coonz:
Elephant cement:
Classic: N2000 per bag, Supaset: N2050 per bag. Delivery to anywhere in the southwest region. Minimum order of a trailer load.
Call 08037904605.

It might be difficult to get one person to order a TRAILER LOAD at a time unless they are Resellers or into a very big, building for hire (Building Contractor).

I would encourage that you source for two or three people to share a Trailer-load, pull them together and work out the logistics of delivery.
There are many micro-builder who need just 200 - 300 Bags at a time, so why not go to construction sites, ask for the owners and ask them for their "TIME FRAME/SCHEDULE" in buying Cement?

If you know their Schedule and you have a "Pool" of about ten people, you can then workout (by discussion) when it will sooth you (and them) to deliver to say about three of them, at the same time.

That way, its a win-win for everyone..... and you make more sales, instead of waiting for one person to order 1000 units.

I think @Chekitaut and other bulk suppliers should also look into this as well

Just my Buahri #5 change.
undecided undecided

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 19, 2016
lastpage:

It might be difficult to get one person to order a TRAILER LOAD at a time unless they are Resellers or into a very big, building for hire (Building Contractor).

I would encourage that you source for two or three people to share a Trailer-load, pull them together and work out the logistics of delivery.
There are many micro-builder who need just 200 - 300 Bags at a time, so why not go to construction sites, ask for the owners and ask them for their "TIME FRAME/SCHEDULE" in buying Cement?

If you know their Schedule and you have a "Pool" of about ten people, you can then workout (by discussion) when it will sooth you (and them) to deliver to say about three of them, at the same time.

That way, its a win-win for everyone..... and you make more sales, instead of waiting for one person to order 1000 units.

undecided undecided

Thank you Lastpage! However, I am a wholesaler, it is not right to distort the distribution channel. Retailers will handle the quantity you mentioned above. Any individual that wants to take advantage of my wholesale price should team up and contact me!

Lastpage!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:44pm On Sep 19, 2016
lastpage:

undecided undecided

Lastpage!

Thank you Lastpage! However, I am a wholesaler, it is not right to distort the distribution channel. Retailers will handle the quantity you mentioned above. Any individual that wants to take advantage of my wholesale price should team up and contact me!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 7:56pm On Sep 19, 2016
coonz:

I respect your position on being a Wholesaler after-all, everyone can carve a niche for him/herself.

But l am l think you will understand l am looking at the issue from more than one perspective vis-a-vis how it can benefit the end buyer/user.

Looking at your suggestion, l am sure the Retailer would have to add his own profit margin to that price you quoted (#2,000).

My drive was about how the end-buyer/User can still get the Cement at the quoted price of #2,000 (we all like to buy as low as possible grin ), direct from the Wholesaler while the Wholesaler still retains the advantage of Volume sales.

All the same, I wish you bulk sales and success in your business pursuits.

Lastpage!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 8:08pm On Sep 19, 2016
coonz:
Elephant cement:
Call 08037904605.
Deal.. Will contact in few week!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 19, 2016
segcymoor:

Impatiently waiting segcymoor!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 19, 2016
segcymoor:

Impatiently waiting segcymoor! Thanks sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 7:21pm On Sep 20, 2016
[size=20pt]is this thread dead? Na wa o ...see wetin Lastpage / Excuzeme and other fraudsters don cause o. Now everybody they hide their money and building codedly.

I no blame them jare.

Make them no come use English and colorful write-ups collect all their life savings and pension.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[/size]

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adewaleID: 7:56pm On Sep 20, 2016
Something is just not right with the Properties section not only this thread grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 8:57pm On Sep 20, 2016
adewaleID:
Something is just not right with the Properties section not only this thread grin

YES. The whole Forum is now going to the dogs... for lack of Moderator(s).
This forum is moving away from teaching, learning, and informative...

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by esoorita: 10:17pm On Sep 20, 2016
mufutau55:

YES. The whole Forum is going to the dogs... for lack of Moderator(s).

Hajji M.
The property section has been hijacked by nonentities just like the Labour party in the U.K has been hijacked by left-wing militants.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Oldlayez: 5:02am On Sep 21, 2016
esoorita:

The property section has been hijacked by nonentities just like the Labour party in the U.K has been hijacked by left-wing militants.

Who are the nonentities? Why don't you call them out by their usernames? I hope you aren't referring to the most eminent scholar Lastpage? Because, I go change am for you. Anybody, that calls out Most Revd Lastpage on this thread will have me to contend with.

Sweetie, I dreamt of you again kiss kiss

Btw, esoorita, I heard from gabbytabby that Criminal Eghosajohnny messed up your build... care to share the details with your nairaland family?

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 8:28am On Sep 21, 2016
I saw a post on my Facebook showing construction of houses or rather transformation of containers into buildings.
I thought I should post it here to get inputs.
Their price is quite steep but I assume our engineers here can work on something similar also at a cheaper cost.

(1) (2) (3) ... (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) ... (3696) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: chairmanawe(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.