Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,783 members, 7,820,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (528) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4404382 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) ... (3670) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 3:04pm On Oct 11, 2016
AZUH:
I just returned from my vacation . Who is looking trouble ? Buhari is a trouble maker and now he's a president . If judges can be arrested and a governor can be rough handled . Who is me ? I just watch mavverick new pop design . Guy you've got something to live for oh . 3strikes is tinubu in this thread don't worry they will soon humiliate you .

AzuH am not the Jagaban of this thread o if i was they wont be banning me anyhow....Am just a peace lover.

Thanks and have a good day.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by back2sender: 4:47pm On Oct 11, 2016
mavverick:
I had to do this only once, so am sure there are a lot of experienced heads that can also chip in.
Here are my checklists.

# Ensure you have more than enough cement, if they tell you 200. have 250 on site
# Granite and sharp sand also follows the advice up here, dont worry if it remains you will still need it for lintel and other works
# Get your caster to come and view it and plan how they would deck it, for my first decking we used 2 machines and entry/exit points by either sides.
Your concrete biscuits should be in place, square shaped concrete used to lift up the iron works so that its buried inside concrete and not too close to the ceiling surface downstairs.
# Ensure that you consult your structural drawings or your engineer checks that all pillars are in place etc, its easy to add now but more difficult and less effective later.
# Settle omonile before hand if such applies
# Tell your caster they need to be on site by 6AM and it must not pass 1 day
# Make sure you finalise your electrics, I really hate it when something gets missed or pipes blocked, i hate hearing that word chisel. So much so that I now have angle grinder destined for nija.
# Ask about the mix and the ratio etc.
# Make provisions for water
# Make it clear that they must use poker vibrat0r (only costs 5K to rent), I nearly sacked my caster because of this. Dont let them tell you they will tap it, you don't want none of that nonsense. The tapping means that the mix will be watery, they will now use stick to tap it to avoid pores/holes in the concrete.
# Ensure all the wood work is in place and plum. I saw a decking done for someone, the thing be like a magicians shoes, low on one side and high on the other end.
# Before they cast, ensure that the board work is clean and clear. No rubble etc.
# The demarcating walls can be filled with broken blocks to avoid concrete wastage, but make sure they sweep the board and no rubbles on the formwork. Any rubbles you will chisel off and fill with mortar, why why why when you can just sweep the formwork and ensure no rubbles.
# Study the weather before the day.
# Relax and take chill pill

Good luck and all the best.

God bless you Maverick for this check list. At my decking stage too for my 8 Mini-flats. This will be very helpful

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 9:58pm On Oct 11, 2016
back2sender:

God bless you Maverick for this check list. At my decking stage too for my 8 Mini-flats. This will be very helpful

8 mini -flats for this recession? you be chairman o.

I wish you Godz speed. Amen!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 10:31pm On Oct 11, 2016
Steel rod(local) at OMG price.
10mm @ N170,000/ton
12 & 16mm @ N165,000/ton

Granite
30tons Price from N145,000

Cement
Price from N2,200/bag

Vibrated Block
Price from N190/Block 6"

Which way Nigeria...?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by amanikondo: 1:34am On Oct 12, 2016
smiley001:

The guy is a rich, silent, oil and gas Baron. He celebrated is 50th birthday of recent.

Very rich guy I must say. I know he's from Ogun state but never knew he has this good structure in a remote place like Iperu remo.

Abeokutas and the Ijebus are the cream de la cream of the Yorubas, no doubt about that(education, money, influence, well travelled, fame etc). They even make the largest percentage of those who call themselves real Lagosians now.

My late grand father used to be Otunba of Iperu Remo. He built one nasty mansion there too with a basement as well. Wish I can go back to that crib.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 10:54am On Oct 12, 2016
Amen and you too.
Good luck and all the best with your project.

back2sender:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Marpol: 1:05pm On Oct 12, 2016
Where did Egun disappear to?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 2:10pm On Oct 12, 2016
Marpol:
Where did Egun disappear to?

Disappeared, NO. He is well and alive... Guaranteed.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Redfox(m): 3:51pm On Oct 12, 2016
A tastefully finished and spacious 5 bedroom detached duplex with a study room including space for extra 2 units of 1 bedroom flat on 800sqm. Is up for sale.
Facilities Includes:
Bore Hole,
Well interlocked compound,
security post. Asking price 70 Million Naira
Call the following for enquiries: 08063944177, 08032706934‎

Hey! This house is less than 10years old.

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Marpol: 4:14pm On Oct 12, 2016
mufutau55:

Disappeared, NO. He is well and alive... Guaranteed.

Hajji M.

@Hajji M,it's been long since he posted or updated his building thread. Hope he has not abandoned nairaland like Siena? These youngsters can make one vex out of nairaland.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 4:48pm On Oct 12, 2016
@Mavverick
Thanks Bunch for the heads up . I do copy the thing like expo keep for in pocket grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by B3sty(m): 5:32pm On Oct 12, 2016
Hello Everyone in the House. Pls, I want make enquires on how much it's going to cost me to do the plumbing of a Two Bedroom apartment with 2 Toilets/Baths, Kitchen and Dinning area. Soak away has been dug already... I'll be glad if I can get a reasonable quotation...both Baths/toilets are separated with just a wall. I don't knw the size anyway but I was told by my Builder that it's 6 by 4 while the second one is 4 by 4 in size. I awaits your response sir/man.
Thanks .
Building is in Nasarawa state. ...New Nyanya precisely .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by maryini(f): 5:49pm On Oct 12, 2016
Hello house,

Pls can someone help with how much would it cost to build a 10ft fence around a 800sqm plot of land in a water logged area??

the land is in ajah area, lagos.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 6:56pm On Oct 12, 2016
maryini:
Hello house,

Pls can someone help with how much would it cost to build a 10ft fence around a 800sqm plot of land in a water logged area??

Length and breadth is required. Do send to.us @ mooredesignbuild@gmail.com for details bill
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 7:48pm On Oct 12, 2016
Marpol:

@Hajji M,it's been long since he posted or updated his building thread. Hope he has not abandoned nairaland like Siena?
These youngsters can make one vex out of nairaland.

No. he has not abandoned Nairaland, he is just busy. He will be back soon. I was in touch with him. Tell me about those youngsters o.smiley

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 10:07pm On Oct 12, 2016
B3sty:
Hello Everyone in the House. Pls, I want make enquires on how much it's going to cost me to do the plumbing of a Two Bedroom apartment with 2 Toilets/Baths, Kitchen and Dinning area. Soak away has been dug already... I'll be glad if I can get a reasonable quotation...both Baths/toilets are separated with just a wall. I don't knw the size anyway but I was told by my Builder that it's 6 by 4 while the second one is 4 by 4 in size. I awaits your response sir/man.
Thanks .
Building is in Nasarawa state. ...New Nyanya precisely .
. It will be nice if I come take a look at it with my plumber if you're around. Contact me via 08039387432(whatsup)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 10:18pm On Oct 12, 2016
maryini:
Hello house,

. A pix of the land will help so as not to over assume while putting up an estimate. Just know that you'll be having a 4ft raft wall while the remaining 6 ft will be made of sandcrete blocks. Pls send your pix to benavoh@gmail.com or via whatsup 08039387432 for more precise details.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by B3sty(m): 5:39am On Oct 13, 2016
bixton:
. It will be nice if I come take a look at it with my plumber if you're around. Contact me via 08039387432(whatsup)
Hw much do u think will do the Job? Let me have an estimate and see if I can start with the Job now. Thanks sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 8:25am On Oct 13, 2016
B3sty:

Hw much do u think will do the Job? Let me have an estimate and see if I can start with the Job now. Thanks sir
. Plumbing is two part...piping and fittings installation assuming you have the required toilet/bathroom, kitchen fittings to be installed. It will cost you about #100-#150k to buy the plumbing materials and workmanship to pay plumber for the works.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by maryini(f): 8:56am On Oct 13, 2016
segcymoor:

Length and breadth is required. Do send to.us @ mooredesignbuild@gmail.com for details bill

I have sent it
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by maryini(f): 8:56am On Oct 13, 2016
bixton:
. A pix of the land will help so as not to over assume while putting up an estimate. Just know that you'll be having a 4ft raft wall while the remaining 6 ft will be made of sandcrete blocks. Pls send your pix to benavoh@gmail.com or via whatsup 08039387432 for more precise details.

I don't have a picture. i have sent the dimensions to your email.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by B3sty(m): 12:13pm On Oct 13, 2016
bixton:
. Plumbing is two part...piping and fittings installation assuming you have the required toilet/bathroom, kitchen fittings to be installed. It will cost you about #100-#150k to buy the plumbing materials and workmanship to pay plumber for the works.
Ok...Thanks for the reply, it's really helpful. No fittings yet, was just asking about the piping, materials & workmanship. I just want to knw the average amount I'm going to budget for this project that's why I'm asking anyway...hope the piping won't be tampered with cos there is no provisions for Doors / windows yet.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 12:45pm On Oct 13, 2016
maryini:

I don't have a picture. i have sent the dimensions to your email.

Is it as bad as this? Got ur mail

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 1:10pm On Oct 13, 2016
B3sty:

Ok...Thanks for the reply, it's really helpful. No fittings yet, was just asking about the piping, materials & workmanship. I just want to knw the average amount I'm going to budget for this project that's why I'm asking anyway...hope the piping won't be tampered with cos there is no provisions for Doors / windows yet.
. Piping will not be tampered with. Just be sure to tell your plumber to use nylon or empty cement bag to cover any openings of the pipe that extends outside the building, especially the waste pipes for both toilets.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 1:15pm On Oct 13, 2016
Hello

I will always advice that you have some form of security on site o, things go missing easily otherwise, it could also be workers/opportunist etc. I have had people come with vans to pack materials from site, and one even came with his car to pack remaining roofing sheets. This same person was approached to return it back, and thats what we used to roof security/power house.

With plumbing also, there are some small materials that can easily enter bag before you know it. Even big heavy materials dey fly comot site.

B3sty:

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 1:17pm On Oct 13, 2016
@bixton and N3sty, it depends on the area you have your project , in some area you need to live close to the site or you have boundary wall (fence) or doors fixed if not they will enter your site and remove some of the materials used,most expectially if youbuse good material
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 1:33pm On Oct 13, 2016
rotecch77:
@bixton and N3sty, it depends on the area you have your project , in some area you need to live close to the site or you have boundary wall (fence) or doors fixed if not they will enter your site and remove some of the materials used,most expectially if youbuse good material
. In a place where there's no security or the house is exposed to the antics of petty thieves and robbers I strongly suggest you buy materials in bits and monitor the work to be done so that you don't have an excess of material on site.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 1:50pm On Oct 13, 2016
Even the one installed can be removed, yes ,am talking from experience
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by wealthlift(m): 1:56pm On Oct 13, 2016
Can someone hook me up with a reputable supplier of Stone Coated Roofing Sheets?

The roof is 278 sqm
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 2:17pm On Oct 13, 2016
rotecch77:
Even the one installed can be removed, yes ,am talking from experience

yes ooo happened on one of our site.. it was like wow
installed cable removed!!! grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 2:31pm On Oct 13, 2016
wealthlift:
Can someone hook me up with a reputable supplier of Stone Coated Roofing Sheets?

The roof is 278 sqm
Call Valentine on:08032762379
Just tell.am from MOORE for better discount

(1) (2) (3) ... (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) ... (3670) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Iriruaga100(m), topsy23 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.