Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,870 members, 7,862,922 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:07 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (687) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4506028 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) (690) ... (3695) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 11:30am On May 18, 2017
GoodFaith:
Roofing cost N1.9 million --
wood ----------------------------N 500,000

nails-----------------------------N 15,000
Roof belt--------------------------N 2000
I have nails left before (two)half bags
Metcoppo tiles----.55-----------N1,184,000
Carpenter-wood--work 12feet-----N 120,000
Metcoppo tile labor------------N 88,000
transport, materials
Other stuff---------------------N 50,000
Total cost N1,950,000
kick my brother out

grin you don't trust this your brother at all o.. Even when You're not sure he stole from you, you still think it's likely..

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akinolaolujide(m): 11:37am On May 18, 2017
johnson232:

If one intend to use one pit for both d septic & soakway...will d idea of storing water with soakaway work?
Great day sir not really advice able except were you are connected to public drain. If you are not connected to public drain you need a septic tank and soak away.
Where you are connected to public drain you can run you waste water and roof water directly to the drain. So you can afford to have just a septic tank.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Tombrook0: 11:44am On May 18, 2017
Lagos state material test for building construction,
myobjective:

If I may ask, what is Lagos state building requirements?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Tombrook0: 11:45am On May 18, 2017
We are into block production, i use dangote cement and i produce 35blocks a bag, i mix my sharp sand with plaster sand and my blocks are also vibrated for extra strength. The blocks are of very good quality and have passed the lagos state materials test as am currently supplying Lagos state projects. Contact me. 07061960316
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lorhema(f): 11:49am On May 18, 2017
Tombrook0:
Get your original Block for your building Project from us today

We use the following to make the our blocks

Sharp sand, granite dust and plaster sand

Our prices are very competitive

6inches 230

9inches. 250

We supply anywhere in Lagos.

Our Blocks Are In compliance of Lagos State Building Requirement.

Call Kaylord Enterprise on 07061960316

Where is your factory? The transportation cost is an important factor.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 11:57am On May 18, 2017
nio68:
Can anyone kindly advise on an average quality roofing sheet for a 1 storey building please... its a building intended for rental purposes , not very keen on using the best quality sheets in the market

Longspan Aluminum 0.45mm

Call/WhatsApp 08085310359 for more details about Roofing sheet
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akinolaolujide(m): 12:42pm On May 18, 2017
johnson232:

If one intend to use one pit for both d septic & soakway...will d idea of storing water with soakaway work?
Sorry misunderstood you question earlier the answer is yes you can
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 12:45pm On May 18, 2017
KolaShangOne:

grin you don't trust this your brother at all o.. Even when You're not sure he stole from you, you still think it's likely..

If you look at diordaves plastering the number of cements he used and compare to my there is is a great differences
he didn't have lot of control on the labor prices

Oh boy, I know better
I always beat his price
I had to create five different contact for prices
How can he tell me that 1800 blocks was set with 28 bags of cements
I told him oh boy, down level , I am looking at my record here we using 22 bags for 1800
I was inform it rain so
Rain wash away 6 bags
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 1:18pm On May 18, 2017
Excuzeme:

Wetin?!

Are you sure he is really your Brother, or just a mistake from the Maternity Hospital! shocked shocked

Anyway, l personally dont allow "family" to supervise my builds, for the simple reason that "I dont want to tempt them because if they get tempted and STEAL my things, then my hands will be tied"

.... unlike if it were a non-relation whom l can deal with, at my pleasure.

Thank God you survived that your Brother. grin grin

I had to stop the POP work because of all the BS
He will pay for it
I was going to give him 1 million after i completed the build
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by myobjective: 1:43pm On May 18, 2017
Tombrook0:
Lagos state material test for building construction,

I know it is Lagos state material testing lab that set the standard but the question is what are the parameters used. Parameters like strength in N/mm2
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by james007: 1:55pm On May 18, 2017
To all the professionals in the house "una well done ooo"

Kindly advise on what can be done on this septic tank pipe that came out at the bottom of the tank. My friend's plumber insists it will work, wht do you guys think?

Una well done ooo, keep the good work going.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 2:44pm On May 18, 2017
james007:

Kindly advise on what can be done on this septic tank pipe that came out at the bottom of the tank. My friend's plumber insists it will work, wht do you guys think?

IT won't work

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by skimanski(m): 3:01pm On May 18, 2017
james007:

That plumber that said it will work. Need to be arrested. your septic tank go quick dey full ooo.

The picture is so funny. My workers call this Akpuruka job. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 3:44pm On May 18, 2017
james007:

it won't work my oga. Need to be re-run and take the invert level correctly.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 4:11pm On May 18, 2017
GoodFaith:

If you look at diordaves plastering the number of cements he used and compare to my there is is a great differences
he didn't have lot of control on the labor prices

Oh boy, I know better
I always beat his price
I had to create five different contact for prices
How can he tell me that 1800 blocks was set with 28 bags of cements
I told him oh boy, down level , I am looking at my record here we using 22 bags for 1800
I was inform it rain so
Rain wash away 6 bags

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 5:12pm On May 18, 2017
Interesting thread.... Nice job Volks!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Tombrook0: 5:25pm On May 18, 2017
lorhema:

Where is your factory? The transportation cost is an important factor.

Alapere Lagos state , we have 2 standby trucks that move blocks to site.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ananne: 6:55pm On May 18, 2017
Master19:

A bag of cement is sold for 2700 in Awka.
A bag of cement will produce 30- 35 blocks.

Good luck in your endeavor.

Labor in Awka is something else o!. I will advice, if you have the time, try and be there.

Bros Pls do you know the process for getting building approval in anambra state? Which agency is involved? Can it be gotten at the local government?

Do you have an idea of how much it will cost to get an approval for a five bedroom bungalow?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by snakebeat: 7:55pm On May 18, 2017
ananne:

Bros Pls do you know the process for getting building approval in anambra state? Which agency is involved? Can it be gotten at the local government?

Do you have an idea of how much it will cost to get an approval for a five bedroom bungalow?
Town planning in your local govt. or state is responsible for building approval.
Depending on the height of your building & size of your plot...it should be around 150 - 200k excluding architectural drawings & land survey...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 8:04pm On May 18, 2017
GoodFaith:

My brother likely stole over 59 bags of cements

Walls plastering---It was done November 2016--Edo state
Bags 295 of cement @ 2200----------------N649,000
labor Per flat-----@ 60,000---------------N240,000
parapet plastering-------------------------N85,0000
ceiling downstairs-------------------------N80,000
Out plastering----------------------------N120,000
stairway- front and back--------------------N40,000
sharp sand---------------11 trips-----------N165,000
Cut the rods---------------------------------N50,000
breaking the wall concrete-----------------------N50,000
finish up maintenance---- holes wall-----N16,000
I am very unhappy with the total bags of cements
I bought 175,
Brother bought 120 for the outside walls, stairways and one flat
Art man use some of the cements
Carpenter Scaffolding work maintenance--------------N36,000 or less not just for plastering but Artman

My brother likely stole over 59 bags of cements

Apart from the total number of Cement used, your final cost is not far from mine. Are you sure you are not accusing your brother unjustly? Because if you compare both our cost, you did parapet. I didn't. So it is expected you will need more cement. Again you said some of the cement was used for art work. If I get your drift, art work means window hood design right? If this is the case, I must tell you window hood or surround design consume loads of Cement. That window design is something I'll think twice if I embark on a big project in future.

I think your brother MAY not have "chop" as you think.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 8:32pm On May 18, 2017
diordaves:

Apart from the total number of Cement used, your final cost is not far from mine. Are you sure you are not accusing your brother unjustly? Because if you compare both our cost, you did parapet. I didn't. So it is expected you will need more cement. Again you said some of the cement was used for art work. If I get your drift, art work means window hood design right? If this is the case, I must tell you window hood or surround design consume loads of Cement. That window design is something I'll think twice if I embark on a big project in future.

I think your brother MAY not have "chop" as you think.

I was present when the parapet and three of the flat was plastered
I paid 2,200 for a bag of cement
what did you pay?
I ask somebody to do the plastering that was left one flat and out
My brother didn't let the people do the plastering because they will tell me the total number of cement used
Used 120 bags for what?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nio68(m): 8:42pm On May 18, 2017
nio68:
Can anyone kindly advise on an average quality roofing sheet for a 1 storey building please... its a building intended for rental purposes , not very keen on using the best quality sheets in the market
money121:

Longspan Aluminum 0.45mm

Call/WhatsApp 08085310359 for more details about Roofing sheet

Can you kindly advise on average value brands to go for
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Master19: 8:59pm On May 18, 2017
ananne:

The agency is called "ACTDS" (I am not too sure if I got the abbreviation right). However, you will only need them if your site is in urban area of Anambra state. if not, you head to your local government area.

As for the cost, I have no idea.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 12:47am On May 19, 2017
Excuzeme:
\

@twinskenny: I knew you back then in the FTA section on Nairaland when you knew nothing about wiring or electrical installation!
I remember the kind of questions you used to ask ..which shows your level of 'knowledge and competency', and the FREE answers you were given.
A few years later now, you think you have joined the "Elite Club" who can charge whatever they like or the customer can go to blazes or imply that your outrageous prices are reflection of your level of competency, professionalism or qualification?
Please, take it easy o. undecided
[b]

This is turning to a diplomatic insult.

BTW, A lot of my former lecturers ask me for updates about advances in our field. Some actually request I review their materials and handouts.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 12:56am On May 19, 2017
NairaBaba:
Dear house,

Please advise on conduit split AC pipe installation against usual surface installation. I have a project going on and I am considering conduit split AC pipe installation.

The conduit pipes are usually not well insulated > resulting in surrounding walls being cooler > leading to condensation of water vapours on the walls > causing damage to painting due to algae growth.

The way the outdoor unit is mounted high up where the piping enters the wall actually covers the piping well. Piping is only considered when the outdoor unit is on or close to the floor.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by koolnob: 5:04am On May 19, 2017
chidexy:
Good morning Folks,

Can someone help me out with information on the current cost of a bag of white Cement (Gypsum) and a kg of Fibre (wool sponge used in POP ceiling making) around the South East?

Also, how many bags of the white cement and kg of wool would be required (just a guesstimate) to cover an area of 120 sq meters

Thanks
Good day am a mojor seller of pop cement, paint, sponge which we call filas, gum, etc. I am located in lagos. Wholesale price for extra white turkey cement- 3,400
Glover pop paint- 3,200
Filas- 1,450/kg
Gum-10kg- 7,500
Back to your question to cover 120 square metres is dependent on your initial paint. Did u use tescote or emulsion. If tescote, u will need more cement. And also d height of the wall. How tall is your wall.
Contact me on 08060104932 email- noblebizventures@gmail.com, Facebook - pop_cement
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 7:41am On May 19, 2017
Just wondering aloud, will there be a time, when metal roofing will replace wooden roofing in most of our residential buildings?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jayooh: 8:38am On May 19, 2017
spyder880:
Just wondering aloud, will there be a time, when metal roofing will replace wooden roofing in most of our residential buildings?

I doubt if timber trusses can be phased out, because of research works to continually reduce the cost of housing. Timbers are cheaper than steel for sure, but the kind of member employed depends,to a large extent, on the nature of load and forces the trusses is to withstand. Also the spans between dividing column members also instigate choice of roof truss material.

Hooe you're good

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by skimanski(m): 9:40am On May 19, 2017
spyder880:

Are these steel or Aluminum? And also where do they come from. Which company/Country makes them?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 10:49am On May 19, 2017
skimanski:

Are these steel or Aluminum? And also where do they come from. Which company/Country makes them?

They come in galvanised steel mostly. Eternit in Sapele has offered me in the past. Cost was the issue then compared to wood.

(1) (2) (3) ... (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) (690) ... (3695) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: psychologist(m), Geophilip, DUKEOFIBADAN, gbadexy(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.