Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,232 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (707) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4395101 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (704) (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) ... (3668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 12:41pm On Jun 15, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Heads will roll and the industry will have a rethink.
heads will surely roll, although the residents have complained severally that the building is a fire hazard to the management of the building without any response.
no functioning fire alarm or water sprinkler.
The only thing I can take from it is that it's not only in nigeria that we have such incompetence. it happens even in developed countries.
we can learn to improve on our emergency response like the UK though.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jun 15, 2017
gbadexy:

heads will surely roll, although the residents have complained severally that the building is a fire hazard to the management of the building without any response.
no functioning fire alarm or water sprinkler.
The only thing I can take from it is that it's not only in nigeria that we have such incompetence. it happens even in developed countries.
we can learn to improve on our emergency response like the UK though.

This incident is not typical of developed countries.

This building fell through the crack.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 1:36pm On Jun 15, 2017
EgunMogaji:

This incident is not typical of developed countries.

This building fell through the crack.
one of those freak occurrence then. But there were reports of earlier warnings and complaints that were unheeded to the management.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 2:02pm On Jun 15, 2017
yak:

the burden of rent is becoming too much. since I have small piece of land, am thinking of starting a small 3 bedroom apartment but I dnt know how long 2m can go

Molding your blocks
You might get a contractor for about 170K to 200k to
Pegging
Digging and pouring foundation---------?
Setting blocks to Roof
Casting Germany floor,pillars,Intel, beam, and parapet
---------------------------------------------

Blocks cost about 270K Mold your block
-----------------------------------------
Foundation---------------------------??

Likely 30 bags of cement to set block

start with 100 bags of cements

Filling sand to DPC level-----?
Labor for sand

Granite--- like 30 tone

parapet
If u are doing parapet

iron bender--------?
Carpenter__________?
Plywood
12mm-------
10mm-------
8mm--------
Roof might be your biggest cost

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 2:20pm On Jun 15, 2017
Obeseke:

Wow!!! I had thought the company would have a better quality than what we have in the open market. The proposal they gave me per sqm early in May was N3400 while I got N3200 in the open market and as advertised here for the Shingles.

Pls, let us know if we have something better in terms of pricing and of good quality and dependable. We are looking @ our roofing in another 3 weeks. Lets hope the house can help with useful information too. Thanks

Sir you mean Tilcor gave you a proposal of 3,400 naira in May this year
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by marygold(f): 2:40pm On Jun 15, 2017
Please l have been a silent follower here.I am at the pop stage of my building.I am getting a quote of N3000 per square meter for cost of POP.Please is this a fair deal?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DenTREND(m): 3:00pm On Jun 15, 2017
12 units terrace apartment design on 2 and a half plots of land.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Obeseke: 3:31pm On Jun 15, 2017
KolaShangOne:

Sir you mean Tilcor gave you a proposal of 3,400 naira in May this year

Attached are the quotes from Tilcor as received. I have scanned both in jpeg and pdf.
Of course I have taken out my name off that proposal. Was on the 26th May 2017.
Had to take out some other information so as not to breach any laws; including regulations on this hallowed chamber sad sad sad

I will appreciate any better proposal as I have not concluded with them. I have barely a month to roof covering

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yak(m): 3:44pm On Jun 15, 2017
GoodFaith:

Molding your blocks
You might get a contractor for about 170K to 200k to
Pegging
Digging and pouring foundation---------?
Setting blocks to Roof
Casting Germany floor,pillars,Intel, beam, and parapet
---------------------------------------------

Blocks cost about 270K Mold your block
-----------------------------------------
Foundation---------------------------??

Likely 30 bags of cement to set block

start with 100 bags of cements

Filling sand to DPC level-----?
Labor for sand

Granite--- like 30 tone

parapet
If u are doing parapet

iron bender--------?
Carpenter__________?
Plywood
12mm-------
10mm-------
8mm--------
Roof might be your biggest cost

SO wit 2m, I can get the block work and roof. and its somewhere in Ogun state
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 4:30pm On Jun 15, 2017
yak:

what type of Roof--?

Watch your materials
check the price of cement
if they are selling for N2500
If you have not mold your block
ask if you can get the cements for N2400 and buy 150 bags
You have to do your leg walk to get the best prices for materials
Make sure that people don't steal your materials
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 5:44pm On Jun 15, 2017
DenTREND:

Beautiful design

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chuksjuve(m): 5:49pm On Jun 15, 2017
DenTREND:

Beautiful..I'm more fascinated by the horticultural design ..

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 6:29pm On Jun 15, 2017
Qc1:

Oga mi, nice pic you have there but I want LED spot lights with stainless fittings that will complement my ceilings. Please take a look at my Living room and recommend something that might goes with it. The one you had on the previous picture is nice too but the white area will not complement the POP to my taste.

Thank you sir.
oh sorry sir i dont have that..

but i can ask around and attach some pictures later
thanks sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 7:14pm On Jun 15, 2017
Obeseke:

Attached are the quotes from Tilcor as received. I have scanned both in jpeg and pdf.
Had to take out some other information so as not to breach any laws; including regulations on this hallowed chamber sad sad sad

I will appreciate any better proposal as I have not concluded with them. I have barely a month to roof covering
You better go for it if you have the money. First Aluminum .055mm thickness is N3,518 per Sqm as of last week. The excuse before everything NA dollar go Up, now what is the excuse, when the dollar as came down. Things remain high? Same thing with cables
The last ones I bought 16mm about 4 months ago was N52k now N84k how can one justify that.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Sprumbabafather: 7:28pm On Jun 15, 2017
Obeseke:

All these cheap people looking to pay cheap money to buy good quality. Them give you company printed proposal and you come online to scout for touts to cut price and tomorrow you say them dupe you abi?

Dey do yourself, later when Sprumbaba my son scam you and collect your money, you will come here wailing?

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:34pm On Jun 15, 2017
marygold:
Please l have been a silent follower here.I am at the pop stage of my building.I am getting a quote of N3000 per square meter for cost of POP.Please is this a fair deal?

With materials? if yes i think its fair

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 7:47pm On Jun 15, 2017
yak:

Lol...u can't achieve roofing with 2m. Since u just need a simple bungalow, maybe if well managed u can get to the building height with the 2m. Without roofing ooo, i think that is the highest 2m can go for a 3 bedroom bungalow.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by marygold(f): 7:48pm On Jun 15, 2017
twinskenny:

With materials? if yes i think its fair
yes its with materials.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 7:49pm On Jun 15, 2017
marygold:
U that is gold still dey price? cheesy Una no want make boys chop from gold money.... cheesy

Is the quote for only labour?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by marygold(f): 7:59pm On Jun 15, 2017
johnson232:

U that is gold still dey price? cheesy Una no want make boys chop from gold money.... cheesy

Is the quote for only labour?
If i hear say i no price.Its labour plus materials.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 8:01pm On Jun 15, 2017
marygold:

If i hear say i no price.Its labour plus materials.
Lol
It is fair...Go for it

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 8:04pm On Jun 15, 2017
DenTREND:
Na those kind of 3D's they make people enter kidnapping business to raise money to build it... cheesy

Fantastic....

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nene2016(m): 8:15pm On Jun 15, 2017
You can do the foundation and use the remainder of the money to raise a room or two, move in and continue with the rest as and when funds are available.

My 2 cents.

yak:

the burden of rent is becoming too much. since I have small piece of land, am thinking of starting a small 3 bedroom apartment but I dnt know how long 2m can go

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Sprumbabafather: 8:21pm On Jun 15, 2017
johnson232:

Na those kind of 3D's they make people enter kidnapping business to raise money to build it... cheesy

Fantastic....

Is true, don't show this pishure to my son, he may "carry" more people to get money cool

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:29pm On Jun 15, 2017
marygold:
yes its with materials.
go for it.. hope he is good
good luck
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:29pm On Jun 15, 2017
nene2016:
You can do the foundation and use the remainder of the money to raise a room or two, move in and continue with the rest as and when funds are available.

My 2 cents.

best advice with the money he might be able to do two rooms
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DenTREND(m): 8:44pm On Jun 15, 2017
[quote author=johnson232 post=57553275]

Fantastic....

LOL...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 9:07pm On Jun 15, 2017
Sprumbabafather:

Is true, don't show this pishure to my son, he may "carry" more people to get money cool
Lol.... cheesy

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 9:11pm On Jun 15, 2017
nene2016:

My 2 cents.

Do foundation for 3 bedroom & raise one room on it?
I think it will be better if he can reduce it to a mini flat, from foundation. When money comes, he can build sth bigger, even more than 3 bedroom.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jun 15, 2017
yak:

If you are tech savvy I would recommend that you start with SketchUp and then meet with a young architect with a brief to polish your design in order to meet standards.

I would build a box of say 50 by 30, partition two bedrooms and a bathroom for now living you with an immense living room which will be partitioned in the future.

Good luck. Get started but with a plan - you can't afford to hire book people, i.e. certificated bosses, for this one grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 9:26pm On Jun 15, 2017
marygold:
. I want to assume that price is both material+workmanship. Nonetheless you can still beat the price down some measures of garri.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 10:06pm On Jun 15, 2017
johnson232:

Lol...u can't achieve roofing with 2m. Since u just need a simple bungalow, maybe if well managed u can get to the building height with the 2m. Without roofing ooo, i think that is the highest 2m can go for a 3 bedroom bungalow.

Really
I am looking to do two flat of two bedroom and en-suite bathroom with parapet for 1.4
I did a second floor three bedroom , two flat with about 1.1 milion
My brother get some of the 1.1 million

(1) (2) (3) ... (704) (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) ... (3668) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Anthony223, fashrola(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.