Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (918) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4395761 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (915) (916) (917) (918) (919) (920) (921) ... (3668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Idealer(m): 11:20am On Mar 27, 2018
Look for a product that has the acive ingredients of your favorite product in Yanky and go to town on them.
EgunMogaji:
How can I get rid of soldier ants?

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 11:39am On Mar 27, 2018
rabcnesbit:
Haba, you people can too discriminate sef! Snake swallow N36m, un na nu complain. Monkey run away with N76m, na keep quiet. This poor snake just want to help itself to a couple of juicy balls, na dey ha la! grin
hehehe my wife dey torchlight everywhere since yesterday
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 11:48am On Mar 27, 2018
true2home:
I be Ijebu Man!!! i love my corolla 2000 bucket. It safes me from all kinds of harassment both from police and Area Boys. With my Ankara to match; am safe as a bird... I do like when they think am a broke returnee. Its better than paying for Body guides and afraid to go around. And by the way, Who cares about what people say about them; life is not elementary school.

If anybody get clean low miles E190 Benz, i need it badly. Thanks

/
If you add an Hausa cap and chewing stick to your swag, no agbero or police officer will ever disturb you for money.

/
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 11:53am On Mar 27, 2018
twinskenny:
This was killed inside the closet.. question is how did it get there?? shocked shocked shocked
/

It looks like they killed the snake and the toilet.

Mysterious! It could have crawled in from the outside.

/
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 11:56am On Mar 27, 2018
true2home:
I totally agree with you on that. it was the best car i ever owned. I called it Rocket. I have owned latest ones after, but they were junkies. Look at

those two snow Bunnies!!! how i wish you they are my right now

/
I miss the era of Mercedes V-Booth especially the ones with manual shift. All these electronics nonsense they build these days hold little to no values other than the aesthetic appeal in the first few years. Automakers' business model switched from values to turnovers. It really sucks.
\

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dremca(m): 1:47pm On Mar 27, 2018
InvertedHammer:

/
I miss the era of Mercedes V-Booth especially the ones with manual shift. All these electronics nonsense they build these days hold little to no values other than the aesthetic appeal in the first few years. Automakers' business model switched from values to turnovers. It really sucks.
\
Yea, the German machine.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:09pm On Mar 27, 2018
rabcnesbit:

Will you not have the same issue as interlocking blocks and paving slabs - weed and moss growing in between the or sprouting out through the grooves?

actually in this case this one would be constructed fully on site like the way normal concrete flooring would be there would be no tiles. the picture was just an example. however even if you decide to go with the tiling method, the concrete tile is bigger so the amount of weed would be somewhat limited in the sense that it wont look like its all over the place
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:11pm On Mar 27, 2018
Flaghouse1:

It's workable , my advise is you have to inject into the process of production safety measures to guide against "slips and falls" as this would be a major drawback from people patronising or accepting the product.

If I had the time and resources I would take up this challenge as a project based invention

as for slip and fall i guarantee that wont happen as the surface is rough and has grips of its own
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by true2home(m): 4:11pm On Mar 27, 2018
That na the scope!!!

InvertedHammer:

/
If you add an Hausa cap and chewing stick to your swag, no agbero or police officer will ever disturb you for money.

/
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:20pm On Mar 27, 2018
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rabcnesbit: 8:51pm On Mar 27, 2018
EgunMogaji:
https://www.nairaland.com/4421393/armed-robbers-delta-beat-white

So the younger managed to escape and ran to the nearest Police station for help, and the police replied " e no concern us" and did not attend. We really have a long long long way to go in that country!!!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by OtunbaLeXuS(m): 8:53pm On Mar 27, 2018
Processing building approval will only take 28 days – LASG

In a move to improve the state’s ease of doing business, the Lagos State Government has pegged the period within which building approval can be processed to 28 days, saying it has waved title documents as a condition for obtaining approval.

The state government has also issued a six-month notice to enable all property owners, who have built without approval regularise their approval documents, noting that it will not charge any penalty within the window of six months.

The Commissioner for Physical Planning and Urban Development, Mr. Rotimi Ogunleye, disclosed this at a stakeholders’ meeting he addressed at the weekend to sensitise the residents of Amuwo-Odofin Local Government Area, Lagos.

Ogunleye addressed the stakeholders’ meeting alongside the General Manager of the state Physical Planning Permit Authority (LASPPA), Mr. Funmi Osifuye, warning against erecting buildings without perfecting approval documents.

At the meeting, Ogunleye lamented that many residents of the state had not been obtaining approval before erecting their buildings, a practice that violated the state Urban and Regional Planning and Development Law, 2010.

Citing implication for public safety, the commissioner disclosed that the process of obtaining building approval “has been made easy. Any person with intention to erect structures within the state will secure building approval within 28 days.

“Between March 1 and August 31, we will not charge any penalty for those who had erected their structures without a building permit. We purposely created that six months grace period for landowners to obtain their building permit.”

Also speaking at the meeting, the general manager explained reasons for the six-month grace to enable property owners perfect their approval documents, noting that the opportunity was “to assist property owners protect themselves.”

Within the six-month window, Osifuye said property owners could approach the government with land receipt and obtain the required government permit, noting that the state government was determined to encourage residents seek building approval before erecting their structures in any part of the state.

He added that the state government “has waved registered title as condition for obtaining building approval. The law stipulated that before anyone could erect a structure, such a person must obtain development permit. The government now accepts family receipt as condition to erect structures across the state.”

Ogunleye also lamented proliferation of oil tank farms in the state, noting that the state government would probe their operations due to implication for public safety and failing to comply with environmental impact assessment guidelines.

He said the state government’s decision to embark on the investigation was “to protect residents from fire disasters that might emanate from the tank farms during explosions.”

He explained the decision of the state government to investigate tank farm operation, noting that it “has already embarked on the study. And soon, we will come up with a very comprehensive approach to get everything under control in Lagos.”

He said the on-going investigation “will address the apprehension often expressed on tank farms in the state. The proliferation of filling stations has made residents express worry over it considering the inflammability of petroleum products.”

Credit: THISDAY

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:57pm On Mar 27, 2018
rabcnesbit:

So the younger managed to escape and ran to the nearest Police station for help, and the police replied " e no concern us" and did not attend. We really have a long long long way to go in that country!!!

This is why I just “kee kwiet” on here sometimes.

Only a complete fool will rely on Nigerian Police for home safety.

One needs to be total. Provide your own water, electricity, sewage and waste collection, don’t stop there. Also focus on your security.

Why they’ll fence themselves in without canines I do not understand.

Why they didn’t have a tornado alarm that’ll wake up the 2 mile radius I don’t understand.

Anyways, we learn. At least they made it out alive.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ceelog(m): 9:34pm On Mar 27, 2018
aonag:

actually in this case this one would be constructed fully on site like the way normal concrete flooring would be there would be no tiles. the picture was just an example. however even if you decide to go with the tiling method, the concrete tile is bigger so the amount of weed would be somewhat limited in the sense that it wont look like its all over the place

How is this produced DiY? I ask becos I have seen a staircase done as this.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rabcnesbit: 10:08pm On Mar 27, 2018
Oga Hajji Mufutau, apologies for disturbing you again. I wonder if you know a welder that can construct water tank stand that you can recommend? Thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:30pm On Mar 27, 2018
ceelog:

was it an external staircase? its the same way terrazzo is done but i think one process is different, that they dont use colouring just cement and i think the smoothening process is very different...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 10:40pm On Mar 27, 2018
ceelog:

This type?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 10:49pm On Mar 27, 2018
aonag:

How do you like this? cheesy

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:53pm On Mar 27, 2018
spyder880:

How do you like this? cheesy

exactly like this but i guess the grasss was planted. if these are weeds, they are very nice looking ones. i would like them to grow on my property...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:54pm On Mar 27, 2018
spyder880:

This type?
oga spyder is this nigeria.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Idealer(m): 11:33pm On Mar 27, 2018
spyder880:

This type?
Monsur Spyder, please could you elaborate on that step. I like it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 12:39am On Mar 28, 2018
rabcnesbit:
Oga Hajji Mufutau, apologies for disturbing you again. I wonder if you know a welder that can construct water tank stand that you can recommend? Thank you

Yes. My welder behind my site. The only problem is that he wan charge too much money... I wanted to increase tbe height of mine and he want around 400+k but will also double the H-BEAM iron from the ground up. Contact me privately and get a quote from him. He may still be better than others. He has been doing all my iron work for alnost 20 years too.

Hajji M.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Commonsense101(m): 4:11am On Mar 28, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I respect your position but I continue to disagree that electrified fence is a logical thing to have in a residential neighborhood. Just as in elevated tanks, there are alternatives.
what alternative did you apply to elevated tanks in your own “ garage apartment” tell us……

EgunMogaji:

Personally I think it’s criminal to erect this within 25 to 50 feet of a setback and especially as a first line of defense.But na Naija we dey, anything goes.
EgunMogaji:

It is not a law that makes it irresponsible. You can't legislate morality.
You can easily mount a first line of defence without risking the lives of people in the neighbourhood.Nigeria is not unique as you think.You want to sell stuff, I get it.
Man shut the fvck up already!!!! Jeeeezzz. The same electric fence that is used at US consular Residences in Nigeria abi which one? SMH , Are you just a sad old man or are you really sadistic . Anybody selling anything you cant afford gives you a hardon. It’s a public forum, not Egunmogaji’s forum.

EgunMogaji:

I need nothing from you.
This is a forum where people discuss things. You're peddling what I consider unsafe. In my opinion.

Who died and made you protector ? Peddling what “YOU” consider unsafe .LOL, who the fvck cares what you think is safe or isn’t, NOBODY gives half a fvck about your miserable opinion that you conveniently change per argument. there are adults here everybody is old enough to make rational decisions. you’re such a hypocrite…. Anything you cant afford or you don’t have , you come on here and trashtalk.

If Egunmogaji cannot afford Interlock or pavestones they’re nonsense

If Egunmogaji cannot install an electric fence…. It is criminal and insane and ilogical to do that. SMH

If Egunmogaji does not have money for Tank Stand….. It is an eyesore and a safety hazard. LOL, what a guy!!

Same guy yapping about upping the ante with electric fencing in the below thread just two years ago….

https://www.nairaland.com/3124613/electric-fence-installation

By now everybody kows that Egunmogaji argues just for the sake of winning arguments. Not because he believes in what ever trash point he’s trying to make. He just finds some kind of Sad fulfilment being a king online and winning e-wars. LOL

Makes me wonder how you take on the real world

13 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:00am On Mar 28, 2018
DUNKA:
Sniper insecticide would do the job but hope it is for outside use as there are reports of its possible carcinogenic effects when used inside the house. Cheers

Thank you Sir. Now on to committing murder on soldier ants grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 5:55am On Mar 28, 2018
EgunMogaji:

This is why I just “kee kwiet” on here sometimes.

Only a complete fool will rely on Nigerian Police for home safety.

One needs to be total. Provide your own water, electricity, sewage and waste collection, don’t stop there. Also focus on your security.

Why they’ll fence themselves in without canines I do not understand.

Why they didn’t have a tornado alarm that’ll wake up the 2 mile radius I don’t understand.

Anyways, we learn. At least they made it out alive.

Some.years back on our way from the village my uncle and I was attacked by armed robbers.. they shot him by the shoulder he still manage to drive with blood all over.. we drove to the police station ..police said oga no dey.. that dpo don carry all bullet go house we no fit go... can u imagine? Since then I know we.are on our own

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 6:37am On Mar 28, 2018
Idealer:

Monsur Spyder, please could you elaborate on that step. I like it.

aonag:

oga spyder is this nigeria.

This is granite material cut into various shapes to fit the staircase and can be done in many designs. They are very much in Nigeria and sells for about N11,000 per linear meter. I will get more pictures of different samples of it later today.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:41am On Mar 28, 2018
spyder880:

This is granite material cut into various shapes to fit the staircase and can be done in many designs. They are very much in Nigeria and sells for about N11,000 per linear meter. I will get more pictures of different samples of it later today.

ok please tag me on them... thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 7:29am On Mar 28, 2018
aonag:

ok please tag me on them... thanks.

Other sample colours of the granite.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:56am On Mar 28, 2018
spyder880:

Other sample colours of the granite.

Very nice. Different grain from my garage sink.

(1) (2) (3) ... (915) (916) (917) (918) (919) (920) (921) ... (3668) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Beframia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.