Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

I Take Heart - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / I Take Heart (541 Views)

I Take It In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Take Heart by gtim4uall: 2:44am On Aug 25, 2015
I TAKE HEART

So I will lay here
And take heart
I will lay broken
I will wear out
Like the wreath
By the graveland
And pointing silence
An age towards Graceland

I will lay black
Just to take heart
Bestow no hope
I love this grope
Besides hell belly
Please set
my dinner
And Take her yonder
I hate this murder

Oh!"stop
this wander,
Heart grows fonder
I guess she
never ponder

So I take heart
Wrecked and lay back

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Take Heart by llaykorn: 12:51am On Aug 27, 2015
There's a slight typographical error in the last line of your third stanza. Please do a check on that.

As simple as this poem presents itself to the naked eye, it actually cloaks a beautifully and complexly structured piece of art. I think I can indulge myself and lay the blame on the complex structure for not quite being able to make meaning out of your second stanza. I'd really appreciate an analysis, brother. Above all, this is a beautiful piece that strikes.

And, gtim4uall, have you ever thought about punctuating poetry?

(1) (Reply)

The Night I Almost Caught The Truth. / Thread closed!! / BROKEN:A SAD LOVE TALE BY JESSICA DURU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.