Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,805 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Appointment: Yorubas Are Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appointment: Yorubas Are Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed (2086 Views)

Photos Of Hameed Ali Answering Questions In The Senate Today / Buhari Is Too Soft On Nnamdi Kanu — Bankole-hameed / Appointment: S-west Is Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appointment: Yorubas Are Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by AnambraDota: 6:15am On Aug 25, 2015
MR Shehu Bankole-Hameed is a chieftain of the All
Progressives Congress, APC, in Ogun State and also an
author. In this interview, he reviews the nearly three
month stewardship of President Muhammadu Buhari.
Excerpts:
President Muhammadu Buhari has been dubbed
‘baba go-slow’ by his critics over perceived failure to
hit the ground running? Do you agree with this
notion?
I’m not sure that the slogan ‘baba go slow ‘ is
appropriate; in the context of what the winner of the
last election and indeed the entire economy has
endured, any attempt to ‘ hit the ground running ‘, by
pronouncements of political appointees without due
diligence will amount to political blunder. It is fair to
be patient and persevere in order to gain eventually.
Do you think the
president has
been
marginalising
other zones of
the country in
terms of
appointments?
If I’m to be fair
to the President,
he has been fair
to the entire
Northern block;
noting that a
huge chunk of his votes came from that part of the
country, now he seems to have bent backwards to
accommodate the Igbos who not only did not vote for
him, they openly castigated him during the
electioneering campaign. The Southwest in my mind
is being offered the short end of the stick.Judging by
the balance of appointments so far, I think the
southwest has been shortchanged.
Part of the president’s campaign promises was to
fight corruption, but many have the impression that
the war is selective, do you agree with this?
This question is in itself hilarious; who is complaining
about the fight against corruption if not those in PDP.
The fight against corruption by this administration
has not even started. All that is being done right now
as I see it is investigation and the perception that
such actions are aimed at a reasonable number of
people from the Igbo stock is understandable. They
formed the bulk of political appointees of Jonathan
and also formed the largest in number and also by
percentage the top hierarchy of permanent
secretaries and directors of parastatals in the civil
service. It is thus logical to expect the fall out of such
a house cleaning exercise to impact this group
severely.
You are a close ally of two former governors of Lagos
State, (Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and Babatunde Fashola),
but there seems to be a cold war between them.
What do you think is responsible?
Really many different versions of a supposed cold
war are being touted in the press. However, I think
Asiwaju recognizes the superlative qualities of
Fashola and likewise, Fashola does accept like the
rest of us in APC that Asiwaju is a national leader of
great worth; none of them has ever admitted to me
or anyone in private or public of a strained
relationship.
But we know how even within family members and
friends, there are differences; I think the elders in
the party are up to the task of ironing out any
misconception. As to what might be responsible for
the perceived cold war, one has to look to the press
and opposition in order to understand the whole
story.

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/appointment-s-west-is-being-shortchanged-bankole-hameed/

Re: Appointment: Yorubas Are Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by mrborntodoit: 6:19am On Aug 25, 2015
They shouldn't complain
Re: Appointment: Yorubas Are Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by DaBullIT(m): 6:26am On Aug 25, 2015
One politician does not represent all Yoruba

That said if buhari likes let him appoint people from Niger Republic as long as 9ja is a better place I am OK

2 Likes

Re: Appointment: Yorubas Are Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by Profayo: 6:26am On Aug 25, 2015
We need to move away ftom tribalism in Nigeria
Re: Appointment: Yorubas Are Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by alcmene: 6:31am On Aug 25, 2015
na their matter.....I warned them but cowardice could not allow them say no to the general

5 Likes

Re: Appointment: Yorubas Are Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by tos4u(m): 6:36am On Aug 25, 2015
Shaortchanging yoruba has always spell doom for the presidency, keep shortchanging Yoruba at your own detriment

1 Like

Re: Appointment: Yorubas Are Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by IamPatriotic(m): 7:15am On Aug 25, 2015
Nobody should cry for us, we are not complaining, Yoruba politicians will get their fair share of the President's appointments, we gave more than 5% because we're tired of directionless Jonathan, and not just because of the primordial motive of selfish politicians.
Re: Appointment: Yorubas Are Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by biafranqueen: 7:19am On Aug 25, 2015
cool
Re: Appointment: Yorubas Are Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by gratiaeo(m): 7:23am On Aug 25, 2015
Sometimes, it feels shameful to see Yorubas and Igbos going at each other for no reasons here. It makes me uncomfortable most times but when I hear their tribalistic leaders publicly unleashed their venoms against Igbos which feed into the fabrics of their bigotry commoners that spread such hate messages like wide fire. That alone comfirms their inferiority complex to Igbos, which breeds jealousness, hatred and foolishness. Igbos are republic by nature and culture. They breath hardwork and it's results. So he can not call buhari out without Igbo connotations. Coward moves!

14 Likes

Re: Appointment: Yorubas Are Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by kelvincoll(m): 7:30am On Aug 25, 2015
grin shortchange oo, longchange oo. As long as Change dey am.

Well i feel its too early to cry foul
Re: Appointment: Yorubas Are Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by Rose2014: 7:32am On Aug 25, 2015
I thought Yorubas on nl said it's only Igbos that are complaining. That Yorubas are fine with the government of the north

12 Likes

Re: Appointment: Yorubas Are Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by Rose2014: 7:33am On Aug 25, 2015
gratiaeo:
Sometimes, it feels shameful to see Yorubas and Igbos going at each other for no reasons here. It makes me uncomfortable most times but when I hear their tribalistic leaders publicly unleashed their venoms against Igbos which feed into the fabrics of their bigotry commoners that spread such hate messages like wide fire. That alone comfirms their inferiority complex to Igbos, which breeds jealousness, hatred and foolishness. Igbos are republic by nature and culture. They breath hardwork and it's results. So he can not call buhari out without Igbo connotations. Coward moves!

Apparently he couldn't.
Talk about sophisticated coward(s)

5 Likes

Re: Appointment: Yorubas Are Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by EasternLion: 7:44am On Aug 25, 2015
Even while complaining, he still found a way to sandwich Igbo in.
Fight your battle alone, spineless fools.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appointment: Yorubas Are Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by dani3(m): 9:25am On Aug 25, 2015
that's change for you...after all you people didn't stop to ask buhari what type of change is he going to offer... whether na negative change or positive change una know no...now the man has decided to offer short change and una they complain... mad people

4 Likes

Re: Appointment: Yorubas Are Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by yorubatic: 9:36am On Aug 25, 2015
My people have become too cowardly in this nigeria. They are now clowns, ibos have become their nightmare, that they even see ibo giants in their dreams...

My people has turn the sophisticated odua nation to laughing stock...they have shown the world that they are weaklings and O'yes to the Hausa / Fulani muslims. ..it is shame that my sophisticated and progressive people are a bunch of confused people who have no aspiration whatsoever. ..

It seems musiwa and I are the only brave people among our kins. ...musiwa want a western nigeria and I want a sophisticated and progressive Odu'a. ..but my coward folks want to keep being slaves to their Hausa / Fulani masters. ..

Let us that agitating for odua republic where there be no ibos, where lagos will not be no man's land...yorubas wake up. ...we can't remain cowards

My people should stop behaving like clowns ....only God can deliver my people

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appointment: Yorubas Are Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by yorubatic: 9:41am On Aug 25, 2015
DaBullIT:
One politician does not represent all Yoruba

That said if buhari likes let him appoint people from Niger Republic as long as 9ja is a better place I am OK
You are Hausa / Fulani. ..don't ever speak for the sophisticated and progressive Odu'a. ..we are not murderous and jihadist like you. ..we are different people. ..Learn to fight your war on your own

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Appointment: Yorubas Are Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 25, 2015
gratiaeo:
Rose2014:
I thought Yorubas on nl said it's only Igbos that are complaining. That Yorubas are fine with the government of the north
EasternLion:

"The Southwest in my mind is being offered the short end of the stick.Judging by the balance of appointments so far, I think the Southwest has been shortchanged." - Mr Shehu Bankole-Hameed, a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in SW Ogun State.

The whining, weeping and wailing is just commencing...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appointment: Yorubas Are Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by dayo23(f): 9:49am On Aug 25, 2015
An average yoruba man on the street ain't complaining, all we want is good governance shikenan!
Re: Appointment: Yorubas Are Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by PAINGAIN: 9:53am On Aug 25, 2015
EasternLion:
lol. Do u wish them sudden death? If yorubas stopped talking/complaining about the igbos,they would b extinct in no time. The yabbing of d igbos keeps them alive. Pls let's just endure.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Appointment: Yorubas Are Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by yorubatic: 10:20am On Aug 25, 2015
instead of MR Shehu Bankole-Hameed to concentrate on the shortchanging of the yorubas mation by Buhari, he was rather angry that Buhari is accommodating the ibos...we are truly cowards and clowns ...my people are a disgrace. ...they have made the ibos appear superior to us...I hate this

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appointment: Yorubas Are Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by DaBullIT(m): 10:31am On Aug 25, 2015
yorubatic:

You are Hausa / Fulani. ..don't ever speak for the sophisticated and progressive Odu'a. ..we are not murderous and jihadist like you. ..we are different people. ..Learn to fight your war on your own

I am Yoruba , if he nor sweet you , kee yourself

and a typical Oduduwa descendant does not assume or insult, you never know who is behind that computer

besides, i maintain my stance as long as Buhari and his appointees are doing good ,i don't care if one single yoruba man is not in his ministerial list , afterall , the VP is Yoruba , when you clamor for things, it shows desperation, but if you are patient , good things come to you

Suuru Lere
Re: Appointment: Yorubas Are Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by okolochyke: 11:05am On Aug 25, 2015
biafranqueen:
cool

This is the animal Kel that was saying earlier that she is not a tribalist. smh

What is the age difference between you and the dreaded old fool?

2 Likes

Re: Appointment: Yorubas Are Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by B2mario(m): 11:19am On Aug 25, 2015
tos4u:
Shaortchanging yoruba has always spell doom for the presidency, keep shortchanging Yoruba at your own detriment

He's not shortchanging anybody or any group he's sitting up he will soon come up with his good ministerial list.

Yorubas are the problem of this country, they complain alot and they are the catalysts of tribalism and ethnocentrism in this country.

The criticism is now with buhari no longer GEJ just because of little appointments he made based on merit.

My good yoruba brothers please try and change for good, you don't have conscience and patience and you derive joy in complaining and criticising everything you perceive. And why did the writer mention Igbo as people Buhari must probe, must yorubas envy Igbo success in everything.

I did not support Buhari but with some steps he has taken so far I'm now indicating him as someone that has good intentions for the country.

1 Like

Re: Appointment: Yorubas Are Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by basilo101: 6:01pm On Aug 25, 2015
The problem with yorubas is claiming that all is well with them just to spite the igbos, we igbos are proud wailers until justice is done. After the senate predency saga, yorubas (Tinubu and Akande) wanted to complain but met a stern warning from the North, they cowardly shut up since then.

2 Likes

Re: Appointment: Yorubas Are Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by basilo101: 6:05pm On Aug 25, 2015
IamPatriotic:
Nobody should cry for us, we are not complaining, Yoruba politicians will get their fair share of the President's appointments, we gave more than 5% because we're tired of directionless Jonathan, and not just because of the primordial motive of selfish politicians.
who is crying 4 u? Is Bankole from where?

1 Like

Re: Appointment: Yorubas Are Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by biafranqueen: 4:00am On Aug 26, 2015
okolochyke:

This is the animal Kel that was saying earlier that she is not a tribalist. smh

What is the age difference between you and the dreaded old fool?
Get a life you just run around spreading bad energy every where I am sorry for you your real life is so miserable and your looking for company to join you,but as you know being the stalker that you are lif is too beautiful for me to sink to your level. You and that scum bag can expose me all you want it will just make me more popular tongue
Re: Appointment: Yorubas Are Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by adconline(m): 5:10am On Aug 26, 2015
I thought Osoba said this a couple of months ago
Re: Appointment: Yorubas Are Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by Mckennedy: 5:36am On Aug 26, 2015
yorubas here comes the change you asked for,,, why attached igbos on you failures!

1 Like

Re: Appointment: Yorubas Are Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by Nobody: 7:15am On Aug 26, 2015
Mckennedy:
yorubas here comes the change you asked for,,, why attached igbos on you failures!

Yoruba people are very stuupid now, I know them, forget all these posturing like they like the lopsided appointment, Yorubas are in pain but chose to suffer silently because they brought it upon themselves and don't want others to mock them.

Got beaten in Abuja ran back to Lagos to fight Kiriji War with one another.

Yorubas are very fuNny things grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Appointment: Yorubas Are Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by WailingWailer00(m): 7:27am On Aug 26, 2015
Rubbish, make them go die
Re: Appointment: Yorubas Are Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by AnambraDota: 7:09am On Aug 28, 2015
Ndi Yoruba are crying like never before grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ndi ofe bu ndi ojooo, ifu agwo na onye ofe na uno buru uzo gbuoo onye ofe tupu ichuba agwo. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Ndi OfeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Foreign Minister Onyeama Celebrates Appointment At Abuja Hilton: Pics / Amaechi: I Never Knew Railway Transport Existed In Nigeria / Is This Really Nigeria's Defence Formation? How Balanced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.