Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,569 members, 7,958,758 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:46 PM

She Failed Her A Levels, Got Fired From Her First Job, Now Sits On A £10m Empire - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / She Failed Her A Levels, Got Fired From Her First Job, Now Sits On A £10m Empire (730 Views)

Mompha Sits On Top Of His Rolls-Royce (Photo) / Sleeping On Duty! Paul Okoye Sits On The Floor (photo) / Destiny Etiko Sits On Pete Edochie's Lap; Fans React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

She Failed Her A Levels, Got Fired From Her First Job, Now Sits On A £10m Empire by nairaroot: 9:23am On Aug 25, 2015
When Laura was fired from her first job for too much partying, it was a wake up call. Here’s how she rose to the top and built her own social media empire

A 32-year-old woman has told of how she went from being fired from her first job for partying too hard – to being CEO of a £10 million company.

Laura Ward-Ongley, who admitted she “flunked” her A-Levels, dropped out of a top London university to take on a role as a receptionist at a private equity firm.

But she soon became sucked into the capital’s party scene – which ended up costing her her job.

“I’d come from the countryside up to the Big Smoke and I was just wowed by the bright lights of the big city,” she said.

“I didn’t feel stimulated at university. I couldn’t wait to get out there and start working.”

After two months of rejection and unsuccessful applications, Laura, of Wiltshire, was offered a job as a receptionist.

With her offices in the heart of London’s West End, she had a playground of exclusive clubs and bars on her doorstep.

Slowly, she got more and more pulled into the party lifestyle – so much so, that it began to affect her work.

One club she frequented was Chinawhite, famed for its celebrity clientele, which includes Prince Harry and scores of Premier League footballers.

CLICK HERE TO COMPLETE THE STORY [url][/url]http://www.nairaroot.com/fired-from-her-first-job-now-a-boss/#.VdwlTMiL3IU

Re: She Failed Her A Levels, Got Fired From Her First Job, Now Sits On A £10m Empire by kingjosephat(m): 11:38am On Aug 25, 2015
La click La never

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Hairiest Family At Look Like Gorillas / Money Talking! Kcee Becomes First Nigerian Act To Drop 17 Music Videos In 3 Year / "My Manager Looks Exactly Like My Dad" _wizkid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.