Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread - Education (167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread (349952 Views)

2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide / 2016/2017 Lasu Admission Process Thread / Adekunle Ajasin University,Akungba 2016/2017 Admission Process Thread. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (178) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by naetosmith(m): 2:47pm On Mar 29, 2016
pls can someone help me check if i have been rescheduled to ryt again 65347535CB
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by samuelizz(m): 4:51pm On Mar 29, 2016
BelovedEaglet:
Please after buying the e -facility card for reprinting my jamb, how many times can it be used for reprinting please
5 times
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Donpre(m): 4:54pm On Mar 29, 2016
BelovedEaglet:
Please after buying the e -facility card for reprinting my jamb, how many times can it be used for reprinting please
once
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Olarewajub: 5:15pm On Mar 29, 2016
Just got off the phone with one of the ICT personnel in one of the Jamb accredited center in my state. According to him, COC should be available as from Friday.
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by EduRegard: 5:39pm On Mar 29, 2016
This Must Get To All OAU Freshers!!! What Every OAU Fresher Must Know >>>http://eduregard.com/need-know-fresher-oau-case-study/
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 29, 2016
Olarewajub:
Just got off the phone with one of the ICT personnel in one of the Jamb accredited center in my state. According to him, COC should be available as from Friday.
hmmmm that means we should check thier office probably on monday right??
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Olarewajub: 6:34pm On Mar 29, 2016
victorirowa1:
hmmmm that means we should check thier office probably on monday right??

Yes.
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by iameugene(m): 6:58pm On Mar 29, 2016
K
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Dongorgon5(m): 8:16pm On Mar 29, 2016
Is change of course/insttuition form close to #4000
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Nobody: 9:45pm On Mar 29, 2016
SaintHephzibah:
saw your questions about uniabuja. Feel free to ask me anything about uniabuja. Wanted replying you but was banned by one useless and good for nothing mod.

Are You A Student Of The School ?
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by barackohandso(m): 10:38pm On Mar 29, 2016
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by BelovedEaglet(m): 10:58pm On Mar 29, 2016
Donpre:
once
please If you ain't sure don't reply me please, I rather don't get replied than get a wrong reply
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by BelovedEaglet(m): 10:59pm On Mar 29, 2016
samuelizz:
5 times
please how sure are u
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Nobody: 11:30pm On Mar 29, 2016
Dongorgon5:
Is change of course/insttuition form close to #4000
i tink itz not up to....except from dose online site but from jamb office,it should be 2500-3000
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Donpre(m): 12:09am On Mar 30, 2016
BelovedEaglet:
please If you ain't sure don't reply me please, I rather don't get replied than get a wrong reply
sorry I replied you.... my bad

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by bawz012(m): 12:20am On Mar 30, 2016
BelovedEaglet:
please how sure are u
it was 5 times last year
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Nobody: 1:23am On Mar 30, 2016
DoctorStrange:

Are You A Student Of The School ?
my sister is a student of the school and besides i was almost admitted there but opted out cos law wasn't accredited last year. So i'm acquainted and conversant with their admission processes. If you aint admitted on the merit list then you will head over to the admissions unit and submit your name to a known staff there and your name will be released in the second list as tagged "staffs request list"
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Nobody: 1:32am On Mar 30, 2016
Hawlahscho:

Thanks Bro

I wanna know their cutoff mark general and that of psychology and computer science
180. But it all depends on the performance of the candidates, since massive failure was recorded this year then a score of 180 is still in a good chance of being admitted since uniabuja doesnt write post utme exams
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Nobody: 6:48am On Mar 30, 2016
@ paragon , Donpre and dha rest dhat are interested in this change of course /institution stuff, JAMB office ain't able to do this stuff yet ( reasons ah don't know.) ah know of friends who have done theirs in standard cyber Cafe here in Benin city . Anyone in Benin should know DIICT in Ramat Park and the other branch at Aduwawa (Ikpoba - Hill). . It's a very standard computer organization dhat even Jamb use there as exam centre yearly.. Two of mah friends did theirs there. Even, one called to say he did his two days back.. Ah think this cyber Cafe have the cards for last year and dhats why they able to.. Which ever way sha, all ah can say is they've done theirs and dey also printed their JAMB original result and according to them, the change reflected.. If you so anxious to do yours, ah think you should check up a standard cyber Cafe in your state too or better, wait till Jamb offices start the change... .. Thanks.. Morning
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Prepme: 7:08am On Mar 30, 2016
I know this might not be the right trend to post this but it might be helpful to someone one you know who is not here.
You can get jamb(tune) and University Post-UTME- Past Question papers (free download) from those the below links. Hope it helps someone.
www.facebook.com/studypreps
www.study-preps.com
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by lakesidelord: 7:38am On Mar 30, 2016
barackohandso:
Lakesidelord my whatsapp number is 081895188**

Last two digit
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by ibadanfinest(m): 7:58am On Mar 30, 2016
Good morning my uncles and aunts on this thread, I believe this year is your year and will advise you not to put your egg in one basket, do as many post utme as possible as many schools esp state university accept those who don't pick them to write their jamb but in doing so be mindful of the kinda course you pick.

Lastly I have been thinking which one is better test of knowledge, is it the post utme method adopted by UI, OAU, UNN that test you base on your jamb combo or the one adopted by Unilag, Funaab, ibadan poly that test post utme knowledge based on Maths, English and general paper.

For me since post utme is traditionally meant for one to defend one's jamb score, then I think the UI, oau method is better.

If you agree with me click like, if you disagree click share, if you have an outside opinion click mention

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by barackohandso(m): 8:29am On Mar 30, 2016
lakesidelord:

Last two digit
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by BelovedEaglet(m): 10:15am On Mar 30, 2016
Donpre:

sorry I replied you.... my bad
NO PLS JUST THAT I NEED "FACT OF TRUTH" NOT "I THINK"
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Nobody: 10:48am On Mar 30, 2016
SaintHephzibah:
my sister is a student of the school and besides i was almost admitted there but opted out cos law wasn't accredited last year. So i'm acquainted and conversant with their admission processes. If you aint admitted on the merit list then you will head over to the admissions unit and submit your name to a known staff there and your name will be released in the second list as tagged "staffs request list"

Bro, Are You On Whatsapp ? 0810201****
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Nobody: 11:37am On Mar 30, 2016
DoctorStrange:

Bro, Are You On Whatsapp ? 08102019608
my sis took my phone away for a week now. Hopefully i will add you up when she returns it.
For the intervening time you can add up chucks 08108987840 he will relay to you everything you will need to know
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by labodinho: 1:47pm On Mar 30, 2016
Tobiee:
[email] Sent you a mail. Labodinho [/email]
Got my mail?
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Prepme: 2:46pm On Mar 30, 2016
Post UTME Exam Complete Guide

Post UTME exam complete guide is a collection of many important information you need to know about Post UTME exam in Nigeria. This Complete guide is specifically for those writing Post UTME exam for the first time this year. Those who sat for Post UTME exam before can also learn new things from this guide.

I have decided to break this guide down base on questions students usually face with post-UTME exam. That means you don’t need to read everything on this guide. You can quickly move to questions that interest you though I will suggest you read all when you have the time.

What is post UTME Exam?

Post UTME exam is a recognized exam that higher institutions in Nigeria conduct for students who apply for higher education admission in Nigeria.

Each university organizes and conducts her own post UTME exam but for a candidate to take part in this exam, the candidate must have applied to the university, wrote JAMB exam with a score equal to or above the general JAMB and university cut-off mark.

If a candidate fails to write post UTME exam, he or she will be denied admission irrespective of how high the candidate scored in JAMB exam.

Who Conducts Post UTME Exam?

Post UTME exam is conducted by individual higher institutions in Nigeria. The institution must on their own plan for post UTME exam registration, exam conduct, release of results and many other essential requires for smooth conduct of post UTME in the university.

How much does Post UTME Exam cost?

The cost of registering for post UTME exam varies from one institution to another. Since the exam is not a unified exam, it is on the mercy of each institution in Nigeria to decide how much each student should pay for her post UTME exam.

They have been outcry in the past from students who felt that most institutions are milking them dry just by applying for post UTME exam.

From last year (2015) post UTME exam, most institutions charge students between 1000 – 5000 Naira for exam registration though there are few institutions that charge above these value.

How to register for Post UTME Exam?

There is no single way to register for post UTME exam. Each university plans their own registration process and majority of the institutions have an online Post UTME registration portal.

You should keep the following in mind when applying for Post UTEM exam in any institution in Nigeria.

Scratch Card
Access Code
Serial Number

Bio‐Data
First Name
Middle Name
Surname (Last name)
Sex
Date of Birth
Passport Sized Photograph (File Size: 20KB max, File format: JPEG [i.e. ‘.jpg’]).

Academic Data
UTME Registration Number
Course of choice
JAMB Score (Note: Minimum Score is 200)
Detailed O' Level Results (ALL SUBJECTS at one or two sittings).

Personal Data
Email
Phone Number
State of Origin
Local Govt. Area
Nationality: (Nigerian/Non‐Nigerian)

What is the pattern for Post UTME exam questions?

The post UTME exam pattern is almost similar in many institutions. It is also similar to JAMB questions. If you have really study very hard in your JAMB exam, writing Post UTME exam will not be difficult.
Though it is advisable to go through past exam questions you are writing for the first time.
Before I let you know where you can get or download post UTME exam questions for your chosen subjects, you can take a simple look on this post UTME question sample below.

Post UTME Question Sample
1. A bitter remark intended to wound the feelings is
(a) A satire
(b) An illusion
(c) A sarcasm
(d) An ambiguity
2. “Lagos does not sleep at night” is an example of
(a) Metaphor
(b) Paradox
(c) Hyperbole
(d) personification

How to get Post UTME Exam past questions?

Now I will tell you how to get post UTME past questions online. It is basically two options –paid and free. You can download post UTME past exam questions in many Nigerian education resource websites.
The disadvantage of free post UTME exam past questions is that it is not well organized. The subjects are not grouped together. For instance, if you will take 4 papers in your post UTME exam it might be hard to find the 4 papers bundle together in a free download. They usually scattered in different single subjects.

For a complete package, some websites offer a selected list subjects for certain amount of money. If you are interested in paid version, you can simply check out some of the websites.

Here in study-preps.com, we have dedicated a download page for past post UTME exam questions and you can freely download any of the available there or contact us if you can’t find what you looking for.

When is post UTME exam date?

Post UTME exam date varies from different institutions. Each institution has its own exam date. Post UTME exam dates starts from June – July and can last to November for most institutions.

How to calculate post UTME exam:

There is no simple formula in use when calculating post UTME exam score. Some institutions do not make their calculation open.
But there are many considerations and factors that influence how post UTME exam score is calculated. The following can play a crucial role in the final calculation.

Post UTME Exam Score
JAMB Score
O’Level Result
Catchment Area

How to check Post UTME Exam result:

After all the stress about writing post UTME exam, you still need to know how to check your result when it is out.
It is usually simple when compare with Post UTME exam registration. Simply go to the university website portal where you write your post UTME exam and you will see a simple form where you will enter your exam numbers and pin code.
Submit the form by clicking on the submit button. Viola, your result will be display on the page.

Is Post UTME Exam computer based test or paper based exam?

Most of the institutions that conduct post UTME exam usually employ paper base exam. I have not heard of any school using computer base test for its post UTME exam. I guess they may be but you have to find out from the institution you applied to.

Will my second choice university consider me for Post UTME Exam?

Many institutions only consider candidates who applied to them as a first choice option. This may be as a result of huge number of candidates that applied to the institutions and the many numbers that scored above JAMB cut-off mark.

There are other institutions that allow second choice candidates to take part in their post UTME exam. Basically it depends on each institution since they do not have a single law that guide them when it comes to internal decisions in an institution.

Can I write Post UTME Exam for a university I did not applied for?

Yes, very few institutions invite candidates who did not chose them in their JAMB application to apply for post UTME exam. It is usually some universities that have programs with little students on their list.

If I score less than my program cut-off mark in Post UTME Exam, Do I still have hopes?

Not sure if you still have hope of getting admitted in any institution in the academic year but there are other measures you can take.
I will keep adding more questions and answers about post UTME exam. If you have any question that has not been mentioned here, kindly let me know and I will provide an answer.

I hope you will find some help in this Post UTME Exam guide.

Now is the best time to start preparing for your post utme exam…..visit the Facebook page www.facebook.com/studypreps to get more information or make a request for materials you need or go to www.study-preps.com to download materials.
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Prepme: 3:20pm On Mar 30, 2016
University of Lagos (UNILAG) past Post-UTME Questions & Answers (2011/2012 Session)

visit www.facebook.com/studypreps or www.study-preps.com to get the material for free and other university post utme materials.
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Donpre(m): 4:01pm On Mar 30, 2016
BelovedEaglet:
NO PLS JUST THAT I NEED "FACT OF TRUTH" NOT "I THINK"
did you see any 'I think' in the post... I printed my original result last year, it was boldly written "only once"

Well its better you confirm from cyber cafes or jamb office, wouldn't wanna be accused of misleading anyone

@Jason555 thanks a bunch for the info, God bless you dude.... did they tell you hw much it costs?
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Nobody: 10:54pm On Mar 30, 2016
Jason555:
@ paragon , Donpre and dha rest dhat are interested in this change of course /institution stuff, JAMB office ain't able to do this stuff yet ( reasons ah don't know.) ah know of friends who have done theirs in standard cyber Cafe here in Benin city . Anyone in Benin should know DIICT in Ramat Park and the other branch at Aduwawa (Ikpoba - Hill). . It's a very standard computer organization dhat even Jamb use there as exam centre yearly.. Two of mah friends did theirs there. Even, one called to say he did his two days back.. Ah think this cyber Cafe have the cards for last year and dhats why they able to.. Which ever way sha, all ah can say is they've done theirs and dey also printed their JAMB original result and according to them, the change reflected.. If you so anxious to do yours, ah think you should check up a standard cyber Cafe in your state too or better, wait till Jamb offices start the change... .. Thanks.. Morning
pls i stay in benin but i dont know where dix ramat park or even computer place......pls how much did dey do their change of course pls can u drop ur whatsapp numb so we can chat and th price to do the COC in diict
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Silas4exploits: 12:06am On Mar 31, 2016
Please where is jamb office located in Benin

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (178) (Reply)

Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China / [Updated] UNIZIK 2017/2018 Admission List / Federal University Of Agriculture,Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2015/2016 Admission.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.