Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,572 members, 7,816,406 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread - Education (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread (349757 Views)

2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide / 2016/2017 Lasu Admission Process Thread / Adekunle Ajasin University,Akungba 2016/2017 Admission Process Thread. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (178) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by PilotOz(m): 3:35pm On Feb 02, 2016
Donpre:

13,000?shocked.... that's insane! No school in Nigeria can take up to 200 MBBS students. I get why everyone wanna become a medical doctor buh racing with 13,000 different minds from different schools for less than 300 spots in the lecture room is just crazily outrageous. Why can't peeps just go to another school or study something else.... well jamb gets to enjoy tho, 12,800 students plus newly graduated secondary school students would amount to almost 15,000 in the coming year

anyway, since Uniben has up to 13,000 aspirants... I wonder how many UNN, OAU, UI, UNIPORT and UNILAG would have garner by now.... The year is so gonna be tough #GodHelpUs
UNIBEN always receives the highest number of applicant for medicine. Competition is always high anywhere! na to just dey jack.
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Donpre(m): 4:55pm On Feb 02, 2016
PilotOz:

the mods banned me for no reason! maybe becos i was always posting on the other thread(suspected spam). where's ur revision week? why would u wanna cram oxford? im nt done eeeee! far behind.
"banned for no reason?" that happens... which other thread is that?... anyway, funny enough I didn't plan a revision week Lol.... you see why I need an extensioncry

Lol @ cram Oxford..... I meant learn new words and update my vocabulary, mainly for questions involving synonyms and antonyms. That's the part I suck at

that last part tho... so untrue. Buh I'll take your words for it
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by hulkhiharitoz(m): 4:56pm On Feb 02, 2016
Eng econs maths commerce ... Pls is discombination OK for accounting?
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Donpre(m): 5:09pm On Feb 02, 2016
PilotOz:

UNIBEN always receives the highest number of applicant for medicine. Competition is always high anywhere! na to just dey jack.
seems so... 12,700 aspirantsshocked

what re they teaching that is making over 12,000 students sacrifice a year of their life?...... Competition sure is hard but uniben(12,700) and UNN(11,000+) is something else, ah mean they've got balls of titaniumundecided

@All uniben and unn MBBS aspirants
If you ever become a psychiatrist or ever had to counsel a crazy person... do start the session with "I know how you feel, I like yourself was once crazy". Wish y'all all tha luck wish-able, y'all needs it

2 Likes

Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Donpre(m): 5:11pm On Feb 02, 2016
hulkhiharitoz:
Eng econs maths commerce ... Pls is discombination OK for accounting?
yea that should work
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Nobody: 10:13pm On Feb 02, 2016
Guys, I need your help. I applied for accounting in jamb with theses subjects ; use of English, mathematics, government and economics, the problem is that my government result in waec was marked as 'ABS' with no definite score, I tried changing the subject but they said that as long as I've done my first printing that there is no hope of changing the subject, so my question is this, IS THERE ANY HOPE FOR ME IN JAMB THIS YEAR??

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Melancholy(m): 11:35pm On Feb 02, 2016
lordseb:
Guys, I need your help. I applied for accounting in jamb with theses subjects ; use of English, mathematics, government and economics, the problem is that my government result in waec was marked as 'ABS' with no definite score, I tried changing the subject but they said that as long as I've done my first printing that there is no hope of changing the subject, so my question is this, IS THERE ANY HOPE FOR ME IN JAMB THIS YEAR??
Better opt for another waec, that is if registration is still on!
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by samzheee(m): 11:36pm On Feb 02, 2016
lordseb:
i think you need govt/geography in your o'level for accounting, ivn if you apply for a change of course form, most commercial courses if not all require government or geography.
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Asapchow(m): 2:37am On Feb 03, 2016
AYOBAMEE911:

read Drama: African:
1. Femi Osofisan: Women of Owu
Non African:
1. William Shakespeare: The Tempest
Prose: African:
i. Asare Konadu: A woman in Her Prime
ii. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: Purple Hibiscus
Non African:
i. Ernest Hemingway: The Old Man and The Sea
Poetry: African:
i. Gbemisola Adeoti; Hard lines
ii. P.O.C. Umeh: Ambassadors of Poverty
iii. Shola Owonibi: Homeless not Hopeless
iv. Syl Cheney-Coker: Myopia
v. Jared Angira: Expelled
vi. Traditional: Serenade.
Non African:
i. John Donne: The Sun Rising
ii. Sir Walter Raleigh: The Soul’s Errand
iii. Langston Hughes: Negro Speaks of Rivers
iv. John Fletcher: Upon an Honest Man’s Fortune
Those are the confirmed books, thank me later
http://myschool.com.ng/school/classroom/jamb-syllabus/literature-in-english/ the new one that is circulating this year. Authentic clarification needed asap!
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Nobody: 7:01am On Feb 03, 2016
Melancholy:
Better opt for another waec, that is if registration is still on!

I don't think I'll take waec, I'll rather opt for gce, thanks abyways
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Nobody: 7:03am On Feb 03, 2016
samzheee:
i think you need govt/geography in your o'level for accounting, ivn if you apply for a change of course form, most commercial courses if not all require government or geography.

I read somewhere that I can use Commerce as a substitute for government, so, is it possible for the error to be corrected?

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Geofavor(m): 8:53am On Feb 03, 2016
lordseb:

I don't think I'll take waec, I'll rather opt for gce, thanks abyways
It seems you wish to stay at home throughout next year. That guy gave you the best option and you displace it.

I once made this mistake you're about to make. If you'll wait to take gce, then don't bother writing the forthcoming jamb. This is because the result won't be out until Late december. Before then, schools would have concluded registration.

On the other hand, WAEC result will be out by early august. By then, schools wouldn't have started registration, talk less of concluding it.

Be informed.
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by ibadanfinest(m): 9:52am On Feb 03, 2016
lordseb:

I read somewhere that I can use Commerce as a substitute for government, so, is it possible for the error to be corrected?

Its been a while here. Firstly I believe u have no problem whatsoever provided you have maths eng and economics in your o level result plus two others which could be account, Yoruba, or better still let me know the o level subject that u passed.

Because you are doing govt in jamb does not mean you must have it in your o level. That am sure of bro.

For better response let's know your complete o level result and the school u wanna go to.

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by evansvenus(m): 9:58am On Feb 03, 2016
ibadanfinest:

Its been a while here. Firstly I believe u have no problem whatsoever provided you have maths eng and economics in your o level result plus two others which could be account, Yoruba, or better still let me know the o level subject that u passed.

Because you are doing govt in jamb does not mean you must have it in your o level. That am sure of bro.

For better response let's know your complete o level result and the school u wanna go to.

i opted for pure and applied chemistry at unical,which the jamb subjects combo of english,phy,chem and bio...i'm i good to go?

Cc..Geofavour
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by ibadanfinest(m): 10:23am On Feb 03, 2016
evansvenus:

i opted for pure and applied chemistry at unical,which the jamb subjects combo of english,phy,chem and bio...i'm i good to go?

Cc..Geofavour

Different strokes for different folks. Ideally you are good to go, If u were a unilag aspirant I would say you are good to go but I don't know anything about unical.
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Nobody: 10:31am On Feb 03, 2016
ibadanfinest:

My subjects are; English, Mathematics, Government (abs), Commerce, literature, economics, agriculture, biology and C. R. K, so, it's possible for me to get my admission with the government error?
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Nobody: 10:32am On Feb 03, 2016
Geofavor:

It seems you wish to stay at home throughout next year. That guy gave you the best option and you displace it.

I once made this mistake you're about to make. If you'll wait to take gce, then don't bother writing the forthcoming jamb. This is because the result won't be out until Late december. Before then, schools would have concluded registration.

On the other hand, WAEC result will be out by early august. By then, schools wouldn't have started registration, talk less of concluding it.

Be informed.

What about neco ?
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Geofavor(m): 11:39am On Feb 03, 2016
lordseb:

What about neco ?
Neco is written after waec is concluded; the result may come out too late. I'm not sure.

Your safest bet is waec, although i'm not sure whether registration is still on. I'd advise you act fast by searching around your area for schools doing late registration.
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by ibadanfinest(m): 1:19pm On Feb 03, 2016
lordseb:

My subjects are; English, Mathematics, Government (abs), Commerce, literature, economics, agriculture, biology and C. R. K, so, it's possible for me to get my admission with the government error?

You are good to go my brother
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Nobody: 2:58pm On Feb 03, 2016
Geofavor:

Neco is written after waec is concluded; the result may come out too late. I'm not sure.

Your safest bet is waec, although i'm not sure whether registration is still on. I'd advise you act fast by searching around your area for schools doing late registration.

Thanks, but someone just helped me out
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 03, 2016
ibadanfinest:

You are good to go my brother
Thanks a lot, am now relieved
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Geofavor(m): 4:06pm On Feb 03, 2016
lordseb:

Thanks, but someone just helped me out
nice. But comfirm well o. We no wan hear stories that touch later on. Lol
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Nobody: 6:02pm On Feb 03, 2016
Geofavor:

nice.
But comfirm well o. We no wan hear stories that touch later on. Lol

LOL , I think what he said is possible cause someone had previously informed me of it but I had no confirmation then. Once again, thanks for the help
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by fawaz050(m): 8:41pm On Feb 03, 2016
lordseb:
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by fawaz050(m): 8:42pm On Feb 03, 2016
lordseb:
its not a must u have govt in ur O level..d skul might take geography or history in place of govt..so check d sch's brochure
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Nobody: 9:17am On Feb 04, 2016
Donpre:

13,000?shocked.... that's insane! No school in Nigeria can take up to 200 MBBS students. I get why everyone wanna become a medical doctor buh racing with 13,000 different minds from different schools for less than 300 spots in the lecture room is just crazily outrageous. Why can't peeps just go to another school or study something else.... well jamb gets to enjoy tho, 12,800 students plus newly graduated secondary school students would amount to almost 15,000 in the coming year

anyway, since Uniben has up to 13,000 aspirants... I wonder how many UNN, OAU, UI, UNIPORT and UNILAG would have garner by now.... The year is so gonna be tough #GodHelpUs
as it stands now ( from the last time ah checked), UNIBEN has the highest number of MBBS ASPIRANTS..

I think the problem is from the federal government.. Permit me, no argument.. Why would a state like Edo state , the HEART BEAT OF THE NATION, with all its ROYALTY, traditional prestige, endowment , and traditional rulers coupled with a tremendous monthly revenue from the federal government and the internal revenue from the state, yet the state has just two universities....

The state has a very large land mass dha it takes a time frame of 2hrs + to travel from one local government to another (Edo state is very big) yet, all these lands can't be used to establish a university... Tell me why AL the indigenous fellow of the state won't die after UNIBEN coupled with the fact that it's one of dha cheapest federal University in Nigeria (if not the cheapest).

The state school Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) , the state government has recently increased the school fees exhoribitantly. Imagine medicine students paying 160,000 for school fees and 75,000 for acceptance fee, what den do you expect from the JAMBITES to put in for AAU of course No! Everyone is gonna find his or her way to UNIBEN... This is just the beginning. I surely know the number of applicants for UNIBEN will increase tremendously again after the UTME has been successfully conducted...

Mind you, I'm from Edo state , I rep AAU MBBS 2016!!!
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Nobody: 9:23am On Feb 04, 2016
fawaz050:
its not a must u have govt in ur O level..d skul might take geography or history in place of govt..so check d sch's brochure

But it's in my jamb
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by iameugene(m): 9:31am On Feb 04, 2016
Following
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by iameugene(m): 9:32am On Feb 04, 2016
K
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by akinsmania4me(m): 9:38am On Feb 04, 2016
pLS, IS TRANSCRIPT COMPULSORY FOR dIRET eNTRY RG?
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by BelovedEaglet(m): 9:45am On Feb 04, 2016
Sarpyro1:
any EKSU or TASUED aspirant here?
Yea here... Eksu aspirant too

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (178) (Reply)

Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China / [Updated] UNIZIK 2017/2018 Admission List / Federal University Of Agriculture,Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2015/2016 Admission.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.