Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,525 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Moving To Germany Any Advice On How Is The Racism And The Crime Rate? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Moving To Germany Any Advice On How Is The Racism And The Crime Rate? (1322 Views)

Nigerians Caught Hiding Under Moving Train To Germany (pics) / Need A One-way Ticket To Germany. Any Help? / I Need Help With Information About Moving To GHANA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moving To Germany Any Advice On How Is The Racism And The Crime Rate? by mercy1998(f): 7:05pm On Aug 25, 2015
embarassed Hey Nairalanders travellers (no alliteration intended) I'm from South Africa although I was born here my father is from Nigeria at a place called Kwara I don't know a lot about it. I've never been there although I would love to go. We are moving to Germany and iam not sure how black people are treated that side , South Africa has gotten bad the crime rate is increasing and the hate for foreigners has risen I'm even experiencing it myself at school all the time I have to say my real last name. at some point some kids from school spent hours debating on how come my dad is from Nigeria and I have light skin and all sorts of criticism I really don't want to be in this country anymore and at the same time I'm really nervous to go to Germany because I'm tired of being made feel less human by cruel South Africans. don't take it wrong I'm a christian I don't hate anyone I have good south African friends who stand up for me but if I would give you any advice if you are planning to come here it is a bad idea.

Anyway I would really love to see hear from people who have been to Europe and how are black people treated and by the way I'm Yoruba apparently but I don't even know anything about it embarassedHey Nairalanders travellers (no alliteration intended) I'm from South Africa although I was born here my father is from Nigeria at a place called Kwara I don't know a lot about it. I've never been there although I would love to go. We are moving to Germany and iam not sure how black people are treated that side , South Africa has gotten bad the crime rate is increasing and the hate for foreigners has risen I'm even experiencing it myself at school all the time I have to say my real last name. at some point some kids from school spent hours debating on how come my dad is from Nigeria and I have light skin and all sorts of criticism I really don't want to be in this country anymore and at the same time I'm really nervous to go to Germany because I'm tired of being made feel less human by cruel South Africans. don't take it wrong I'm a christian I don't hate anyone I have good south African friends who stand up for me but if I would give you any advice if you are planning to come here it is a bad idea.

Anyway I would really love to see hear from people who have been to Europe and how are black people treated and by the way I'm Yoruba apparently but I don't even know anything about it
Re: Moving To Germany Any Advice On How Is The Racism And The Crime Rate? by mercy1998(f): 7:09pm On Aug 25, 2015
[quote author=mercy1998 post=37328903] embarassed Hey Nairalanders travellers (no alliteration intended) I'm from South Africa although I was born here my father is from Nigeria at a place called Kwara I don't know a lot about it. I've never been there although I would love to go. We are moving to Germany and iam not sure how black people are treated that side , South Africa has gotten bad the crime rate is increasing and the hate for foreigners has risen I'm even experiencing it myself at school all the time I have to say my real last name. at some point some kids from school spent hours debating on how come my dad is from Nigeria and I have light skin and all sorts of criticism I really don't want to be in this country anymore and at the same time I'm really nervous to go to Germany because I'm tired of being made feel less human by cruel South Africans. don't take it wrong I'm a christian I don't hate anyone I have good south African friends who stand up for me but if I would give you any advice if you are planning to come here it is a bad idea.

Anyway I would really love to see hear from people who have been to Europe and how are black people treated and by the way I'm Yoruba apparently but I don't even know anything about it embarassed
Re: Moving To Germany Any Advice On How Is The Racism And The Crime Rate? by adamshuaib(m): 7:11pm On Aug 25, 2015
They got a little racism, though its general. As in Its not cause u r black, its because u r not German. Its just Germans and The others, So I think u've got nothing to worry about

2 Likes

Re: Moving To Germany Any Advice On How Is The Racism And The Crime Rate? by mercy1998(f): 7:14pm On Aug 25, 2015
adamshuaib:
They got a little racism, though its general. As in Its not cause u r black, its because u r not German. Its just Germans and The others, So I think u've got nothing to worry about
So my chances of me getting admitted into a university are slim?
Re: Moving To Germany Any Advice On How Is The Racism And The Crime Rate? by mymadam(m): 7:17pm On Aug 25, 2015
Germany is okay as a country. Racism is everywhere in conservative areas of Europe but... if you stick to your positive ambition and not misbehave, all will be well. I don't know which area of Germany you're heading to... Hamburg? Anyway, once you get there, please make sure you steer clear of ST. PAULI! That area was, maybe still is, the centre of everything BAAAADDD! Drugs, prostitution... you name it! I wish you well! Sichere reise, meine liebe schwester!
Re: Moving To Germany Any Advice On How Is The Racism And The Crime Rate? by whocanbewho(m): 8:54am On Aug 26, 2015
mercy1998:
So my chances of me getting admitted into a university are slim?
no! Even with the little racism there, it got nothing to do with getting admitted into a uni. Getting an admission will be solely based on merits.. The racism will be more about the way people perceive you not your basic right to education. Thou the big cities are becoming more liberal and tolerate to foreigners, u'll only have issues if ur settling in the small towns or d rural areas.
Re: Moving To Germany Any Advice On How Is The Racism And The Crime Rate? by seunny4lif(m): 11:53am On Aug 26, 2015
Racism is everywhere in the world...Don't try east Germany,please shocked shocked shocked...Herzlich Willkommen zu Deutschland grin grin und Deutschland ist sehr Gut cool cool cool
Re: Moving To Germany Any Advice On How Is The Racism And The Crime Rate? by seunny4lif(m): 12:02pm On Aug 26, 2015
mymadam:
Germany is okay as a country. Racism is everywhere in conservative areas of Europe but... if you stick to your positive ambition and not misbehave, all will be well. I don't know which area of Germany you're heading to... Hamburg? Anyway, once you get there, please make sure you steer clear of ST. PAULI! That area was, maybe still is, the centre of everything BAAAADDD! Drugs, prostitution... you name it! I wish you well! Sichere reise, meine liebe schwester!
St.PAUL shocked shocked
Re: Moving To Germany Any Advice On How Is The Racism And The Crime Rate? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 26, 2015
no racism in western Germany, no body care about your colour,but in eastern Germany you may experience little racism, for university education, you can enter any university of choice after students college as far as your papers is okay, Germany is an immigrants country now,everybody is welcome

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Plane With Nigerians Deported From The UK Lands In Lagos / UK Response To Nigerians Can No Longer Be Deported From UK / Recommendation For Flying Hahn Air Systems From Naija To London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.