Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Re – Suggestion On Posting Unsolicited Carfax Reports - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Re – Suggestion On Posting Unsolicited Carfax Reports (716 Views)

Free Carfax Reports - 5 Reports Will Be Processed Today: / Check Your Free Carfax Reports Here 10 Will Be Processed / Free Carfax Reports: 5 Will Be Processed Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Re – Suggestion On Posting Unsolicited Carfax Reports by Jesarmy(f): 12:26pm On Mar 30, 2009
Re – Suggestion on posting unsolicited carfax reports:
For those who would like to know the truth and the genesis of my suggestion on emailing a seller a carfax report and then posting it on the forum if the seller refuses or ignores to fix the error pls. check out this link: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-224975.0.html
A brief summary,I have posted several car ads on Nairaland to date and l have always included the VIN and carfax reports except for one isolated incidence of the vw passat referenced in the link above which I inadvertently posted without checking the carfax report. Marktwain ran the carfax report which showed a minor rear accident impact and posted it on the thread,I thanked him for his service, modified the ad ,apologized and took responsibility for the error. Lo and behold a can of worms was opened on this thread and people turned in to a battleground and the thread was completely derailed ,even Marktwain himself at some point reprimanded the derailers.My thought then was if Marktwain had given me an opportunity to resolve this error before bringing it to the open forum all the brouhaha would have been avoided.
[b]Having said this I would like to make myself very clear that I do not support fraudulent dealers,honesty is and would always be my best policy,my suggestion of privately emailing dealers was to advocate for sincere dealers who may make an isolated mistake and people would take an undue advantage to run down the person’s business.[/b]If this suggestion was seen as dishonest and self serving,I wonder why Ziontrain a crusader and one of the pioneers of posting VIN on car ads would endorse it. See the quote below:
Quote from: ziontrain on February 11, 2009, 03:39 PM
@Jesarmy,

God Bless you for your suggestion. I agree with you wholeheartedly! We should all encourage one another and not pull one another down. If we find discrepancy in an Advertisement, we should email the seller quietly and give him/her time to respond before posting discrepancy on the forum. May this 2009 be a year of prosperity for all of us.

Finally for those who think seeking a peaceful resolution to conflicts is dishonest and self serving and passing derogatory remarks about others, pls check out the facts and make righteous judgments, search all through my ads on Nairaland and point to me which one do not have a VIN and a clean carfax record except for this one single isolated incidence refrenced above, you wont find any.
As per emailing a seller a carfax report and then posting it on the forum if the seller refuses or ignores to fix the error is not dishonest or self serving in any form ,truth of the matter it actually rids deliberate fraudulent dealers of any cloak for their sin because they would not be able to say I did not know this or that when their act is exposed on the open forum
Wisdom is justified of her children and whatsoever a man sows he would reap,those who love peace would always find it and those who love pulling sincere people down would also reap their reward.
Shalom,
Jesarmy
Re: Re – Suggestion On Posting Unsolicited Carfax Reports by Igwe9(m): 1:26pm On Mar 30, 2009
waow jes!
Seems you have time these days.` smiley smiley

HAPPY BRAND NEW WEEK
Regards, smiley smiley
Igwe
Re: Re – Suggestion On Posting Unsolicited Carfax Reports by Jesarmy(f): 12:33am On Mar 31, 2009
Igwe.:

waow jes!
Seems you have time these days.` smiley smiley

HAPPY BRAND NEW WEEK
Regards, smiley smiley
Igwe

@Igwe,
Welcome back!!! grin grin
Cheers and God Bless,
Jesarmy

(1) (Reply)

9ja Used Toyota For Sale, . . Sharply ! / Deal Alert: 00/01 Toyota Camry Is Needed Urgently. Lets Buddy Up. / Who Knows Where I Can Do An Original Leather Ulhostery Or A Lui Viton Interior

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.