Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,956 members, 7,821,355 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

National Assembly Site NOT Implemented With A CMS? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / National Assembly Site NOT Implemented With A CMS? (870 Views)

How Is Paystack & Interswitch Gateway Implemented On Website Or Mobile App??? / Free Digital Training Powered By Google And Implemented By Mindthegapng / Pls Help How Do I Integrate My Website With A CMS Like Blogger Or Wordpress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Assembly Site NOT Implemented With A CMS? by yawatide(f): 12:57pm On Aug 26, 2015
Was doing some casual browsing when I decided to check on the website of our red and green chambers - www.nass.gov.ng

I must confess that it looks better than it did over the last 8 years. Then I did what I like to do best - view the source to see the code. I didn't see the usual "wp" references that are typical of MANY Nigerian-based websites in general.

Question:
1) Does anyone know who implemented this site?
2) Are they using a CMS? If so, which?

Note:
I am not bashing the use of WP but our tendency to abuse it. Obviously for a site such as NASS, I would expect changes to be made pretty frequently. Any CMS therefore makes perfect sense as those updating the site won't necessarily have the coding know-how.
Re: National Assembly Site NOT Implemented With A CMS? by fattbabakay(m): 2:20pm On Aug 26, 2015
coming from d boss herself...can't find any CMS tho..
Re: National Assembly Site NOT Implemented With A CMS? by resultcase(m): 3:37pm On Aug 26, 2015
yawatide:
Was doing some casual browsing when I decided to check on the website of our red and green chambers - www.nass.gov.ng

I must confess that it looks better than it did over the last 8 years. Then I did what I like to do best - view the source to see the code. I didn't see the usual "wp" references that are typical of MANY Nigerian-based websites in general.

Question:
1) Does anyone know who implemented this site?
2) Are they using a CMS? If so, which?

Note:
I am not bashing the use of WP but our tendency to abuse it. Obviously for a site such as NASS, I would expect changes to be made pretty frequently. Any CMS therefore makes perfect sense as those updating the site won't necessarily have the coding know-how.

Its possible its on wordpress but the developer hid it well. The site is using a theme/plugin from ThemePunch according to http://builtwith.com/nass.gov.ng
Re: National Assembly Site NOT Implemented With A CMS? by yawatide(f): 7:52pm On Aug 28, 2015
Interesting observation @resultcase. Also, thanks for sharing your "investigative" site as well cool
Re: National Assembly Site NOT Implemented With A CMS? by Nobody: 2:32am On Aug 29, 2015
That site is unreliable.

I mean the builtwith.com posted by @resultcase . I tried my website on it and it stated that i am using plugins and themes from TeamPunch which is completely false

It also stated i use Comodo SSL which is also false as i use Geo Trust. It stated Apache 2.4 when i'm using Apache 2.2

So in this regard, we cannot use the words of that website to determine the information required on the Nigerian Assembly website,

Thank You

(1) (Reply)

Website Developer Needed To Design A Single Page HTML/PHP / Neco Gce Answers For Free / Can You Design Something Like This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.