Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,701 members, 7,813,301 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

Two Job Offers. I Am Confused - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Two Job Offers. I Am Confused (22693 Views)

Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers / I got two Job Offers, which should I choose? I'm Confused..... Advice Please!!!! / Two Job Offers Can't Decide To Pick One Pls Help!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by Siradedor1: 6:20pm On Aug 26, 2015
For me , i prefer you go for the second in island because of the training, because with that training you can be a boss of your own.
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by phantom(m): 6:22pm On Aug 26, 2015
jazinogold:
phone a friend or ask the audience!
you do realize you are being silly.dont you? if you cant contribute then stay away.

@OP....im more inclined to the latter company because they seem eager to add value to you with the training. i know its difficult but i think the mainland/island issue is trivial compared to the benefits you stand to gain.....my 2 cents!

1 Like

Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by Revolva(m): 6:22pm On Aug 26, 2015
Phone a. Friend or use a lifeline
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by benitwater(m): 6:23pm On Aug 26, 2015
Taiw:
I just got employed to work in a startup sub-company(formed as a result of diversification) that is leveraging on her parent company(an engineering firm). The sub-company is into eCommerce and I am the only software guy handling the platform using opensource. I feel I am not really learning anything new, I code less and besides the company is yet to make her first sales. We are still putting things in place with the support of the parent company. The job is on the mainland and I stay on the mainland. The fear is that i will be under pressure especially if sales are not coming in

While trying to settle down, an IT firm came calling. I kept posting them by delaying my resumption date but they want me on board as soon as possible. As a matter of fact, they want me to start next week. I even tried to renegotiate salary even though both salaries are almost the same. They are offering to make me undergo a 6 months training in advance programming during my probation period. Its a place for me to learn more and is inline with my career ambition considering my degree and the fact that I love programming. The bad side is that the job is on the island and I will spend more. Its an already established firm with headquarter in usa. While the former is just starting out, but her parent company also has offices in usa and uk and are ready to patronize the sub company.

I plan to start my masters(full-time) in unilag very soon which is inline my the latter. shuffling the masters programme with island will be a bit difficult than on the mainland.

What do you advise?
am advising u to forfeit d two jobs and stay at home for like 2more years,maybe by then u will be able to decide.from my own church mind.
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by kestolove95(m): 6:24pm On Aug 26, 2015
Come and work for me
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by UjSizzle(f): 6:26pm On Aug 26, 2015
The second option looks very promising, but I'm a bit concerned with how you intend to cut ties with your current employer.

What's the company's policy regarding resignation?
Keep that in mind before doing anything, and as much as is within your power ensure you leave the former on a good note.
You're still starting out; don't burn bridges.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by phantom(m): 6:28pm On Aug 26, 2015
UjSizzle:
The second option looks very promising, but I'm a bit concerned with how you intend to cut ties with your current employer.

What's the company's policy regarding resignation?
Keep that in mind before doing anything, and as much as is within your power ensure you leave the former on a good note.
You're still starting out; don't burn bridges.

its an absolute beauty reading posts from intelligent ladies......
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by shizzy7(f): 6:32pm On Aug 26, 2015
ahckmedkosy:

Gimme the 1m first and the rest is history.. u go see am for eye
Good,You just proved your post wrong Yourself,,you just don't go for the SECOND ONE because a wise man once said so,,

*You outweigh the benefits Or demerits of both before concluding On any of the 2

I got 2 job offers but I need 1->Which of the job offers is better and of more benefit to me it could be the 1st or the 2nd,,

I need to save 2 people I love with #1million-> Which one of them needs it more than the other,, it could be the 1st Or the 2nd
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by mrkels(m): 6:34pm On Aug 26, 2015
maryhaam:
hmmm, sincerely in respect to growth u should go for the 2weeks in n 2 weeks out,so far the working environment is ok for you,secondly about the wife make her understand,if you are in a relationship and you are certain, show her the lady to know you have its in mind.

The thing is most of my friends in oil and gas were recently dropped. As lucrative as the offer its still not a permanent position, but the pay per month is still higher than the other offer I have which is a full staff job.

Also, about the lady, thing is there's no1 serious at the moment, and I certainly cannot take an unserious lady to her.
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by UjSizzle(f): 6:36pm On Aug 26, 2015
phantom:

its an absolute beauty reading posts from intelligent ladies......
smiley
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by fajani(m): 6:36pm On Aug 26, 2015
ahckmedkosy:

The two are not on the same level..mum n wife na two different levels of relationship
you are somehow ryt but our ladies of now adays mix it together, end up asking silly question like whom will you choose, me or your mom? Difficult question to answer......
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by UjSizzle(f): 6:39pm On Aug 26, 2015
mrkels:

The thing is most of my friends in oil and gas were recently dropped. As lucrative as the offer its still not a permanent position, but the pay per month is still higher than the other offer I have which is a full staff job.

Also, about the lady, thing is there's no1 serious at the moment, and I certainly cannot take an unserious lady to her.
You need to outline your priorities first. Be certain that what you prioritize is what is needed and not just wanted. And then pick an option that best satisfies that need.

As for the wife, mothers can be something. Tell her in time and then pray.
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by J3da: 6:40pm On Aug 26, 2015
• U dey carry ur girlfriend go club; after u marry her finish u wan stop her frm goin to club. My broda u think say miracle fit happen?
• Ur girlfriend dump u for rich man u say she b gold digger, bt ur sister do d same to anoda perso u giv testimony for Church say, na grace of God. Bros park well!!
• Your babe get F9 parallel for WAEC, she still dey ask for Brazilian Hair of #150,000 . Abeg where she wan fix am?,
on top that coconut head?
• U have 8 tribal marks, stretch marks scattered all ova ur body yet u still want a tattoo...ah! my friend; u be zebra?!!
• U are 6 feet tall, u still com wear 6 inches high heeled shoe... shey u wan whisper to God?
• U dey snap inside different type of cars yet u expect ur man to believe say u no cheat. .aunty, u be mechanic?
• U gather different gals picture for ur fone & yet u xpect ur gal to believe say u no cheat.. uncle, u be photographer?
• He give u engagement ring for over five years, he never marry u, my dear, u be lord of d rings?
•you dey pay your babe wey dey university school fees and yet u never write JAMB, U be scholarship board?
•U are 18yrs and ur sugar daddy is 70yrs old and u still dey call am BABY, my sister, he suppose be ANCESTOR.
•Your babe is licking ice cream...u're drinking pure water...pls guy Are u diabetic?
•U claim say u eat rice and stew, but u come vomit fufu and egwusi soup. Omo u be magician? .
Na joke o ....Read and pass on to friends make dem laugh too..

1 Like

Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by jaybee3(m): 6:45pm On Aug 26, 2015
UjSizzle:

You need to outline your priorities first. Be certain that what you prioritize is what is needed and not just wanted. And then pick an option that best satisfies that need.

Priorities or career aspirations?
Priorities evolve and as such dynamic with respect to time

Job seekers should always base their decisions using their longer term goals as the deciding factors

PS: I'm crushing on you
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by upwardmode: 6:46pm On Aug 26, 2015
Taiw:
I just got employed to work in a startup sub-company(formed as a result of diversification) that is leveraging on her parent company(an engineering firm). The sub-company is into eCommerce and I am the only software guy handling the platform using opensource. I feel I am not really learning anything new, I code less and besides the company is yet to make her first sales. We are still putting things in place with the support of the parent company. The job is on the mainland and I stay on the mainland. The fear is that i will be under pressure especially if sales are not coming in

While trying to settle down, an IT firm came calling. I kept posting them by delaying my resumption date but they want me on board as soon as possible. As a matter of fact, they want me to start next week. I even tried to renegotiate salary even though both salaries are almost the same. They are offering to make me undergo a 6 months training in advance programming during my probation period. Its a place for me to learn more and is inline with my career ambition considering my degree and the fact that I love programming. The bad side is that the job is on the island and I will spend more. Its an already established firm with headquarter in usa. While the former is just starting out, but her parent company also has offices in usa and uk and are ready to patronize the sub company.

I plan to start my masters(full-time) in unilag very soon which is inline my the latter. shuffling the masters programme with island will be a bit difficult than on the mainland.

What do you advise?
This is a very decision... Simply move to the guys that can give you growth. Start-ups will look for interns to work with... You need to up it man!
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by shizzy7(f): 6:51pm On Aug 26, 2015
fajani:
you are somehow ryt but our ladies of now adays mix it together, end up asking silly question like whom will you choose, me or your mom? Difficult question to answer......
See I know what I am saying here and its not about Mixing anything its a simple question that requires just 1st OR the 2nd,,,
ACCORDING to him(via wise man) For every choice you have to make between a 1st and 2nd option it should BE the 2nd

If that sounds right to you then am done arguing

*My silly question required a silly answer of 'who is more at risk,, who is the money more beneficial to, who deserves it more than the other, You evaluate both options AND NOT ITS ALWAYS THE SECOND option......
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by ColeworldMD(m): 6:51pm On Aug 26, 2015
mrkels:
Im like u bro . Confused as hell

For me I am currently in first level grade in an organisation, another one just came up for next 2 levels in another organisation(same industry) and the third one is an oil and gas firm, on ofshore position 2 weeks in and 2 weeks out, I also have plans to continue my masters and my mom is on my neck to get married.

Sometimes it just feels that the whole world is on my shoulder.

Praying for guidance so as not to make the wrong decision.

First of all, i gotta admit u are blessed bruh! As diff as employment is in naija, u've got abt 3 offers! Ogbeni do you research on ur future employees, cons n pros n decide. You want flexible n improvement. You dont go for a job dat will make u life living hell albeit high pay! And finally remember u hav competitions.
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by Komex(m): 6:53pm On Aug 26, 2015
From your writing, it seems you already made a choice, you prefer the island job despite it transportation issues.
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 26, 2015
My advice: ask ur self some questions like, what do I enjoy doing; what do I've have passion for; what do I need to move my career forward and will my job give me the opportunity to be expose inline with my pursue and career Money and distance aside. Dos cud be a disguise to ur choice of job. And be careful with too much comfort life itself Is hard so u need b strong to get d best. Look into d area u wise to specialize in ur master and den look into the job offers to see how it suits and will help you develop. And above all, Pray as well God is d best answer out of advice. May God help u to make d right choice!
But bros u fit give me one of d slot na me self need job o...lol
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by bigerboy200: 7:23pm On Aug 26, 2015
Deluxever:
follow your mind at this junction
at this JUNCTURE not junction...thank me later..
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by Ramj: 7:33pm On Aug 26, 2015
@Taiw.. There are somethings more important than masters degree.. on the job trainings and i see you getting that at the new and bigger company..
To be frank with you most jobs usually require JUST your first degree. And M.Sc will just be a personal accomplishment and as soon as u have about 3 years experience no one will really care if you have masters or not.
But if you r keen on getting the m.sc go for parttime because neither of the 2 jobs will afford you full time education...

so my take is go for the new job.. where you will really learn and grow.
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 26, 2015
mrkels:
Im like u bro . Confused as hell

For me I am currently in first level grade in an organisation, another one just came up for next 2 levels in another organisation(same industry) and the third one is an oil and gas firm, on ofshore position 2 weeks in and 2 weeks out, I also have plans to continue my masters and my mom is on my neck to get married.

Sometimes it just feels that the whole world is on my shoulder.

Praying for guidance so as not to make the wrong decision.
bro make I help u with d last job make we share d salary. how u see am?
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by Ramj: 7:36pm On Aug 26, 2015
Taiw.. There are somethings more important than masters degree.. on the job trainings and i see you getting that at the new and bigger company..
To be frank with you most jobs usually require JUST your first degree. And M.Sc will just be a personal accomplishment and as soon as u have about 3 years experience no one will really care if you have masters or not.
But if you r keen on getting the m.sc go for parttime because neither of the 2 jobs will afford you full time education...
My take go for the 2nd nob Computer science related jobs is more of what tou can do

m

so my take is go for the new job.. where you will really learn and grow.

1 Like

Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by tonimenia: 7:37pm On Aug 26, 2015
My Dear,

just think twice!

Compare and contrast.

Meanwhile,

See 100 Most Powerful

Business Opportunities,

Free Financial Assistance /

Free Loans Without Collateral

And Latest Money Making Ideas

In Nigeria Now Without Delay

Immediately By Clicking On
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by UjSizzle(f): 7:51pm On Aug 26, 2015
jaybee3:

Priorities or career aspirations?
Priorities evolve and as such dynamic with respect to time

Job seekers should always base their decisions using their longer term goals as the deciding factors

PS: I'm crushing on you
I meant what you said. Gosh I'm so scatter brained today sad

But booboo wetin concern crush with this discussion now grin
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by jaybee3(m): 7:56pm On Aug 26, 2015
UjSizzle:

I meant what you said. Gosh I'm so scatter brained today sad

But booboo wetin concern crush with this discussion now grin

Just can't get enough of you innit
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by obaobirin: 8:03pm On Aug 26, 2015
Spend some time to pray and seek cousel from the Holy Spirit.

He will definitely talk to you.
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by mrkels(m): 8:11pm On Aug 26, 2015
ColeworldMD:

First of all, i gotta admit u are blessed bruh! As diff as employment is in naija, u've got abt 3 offers! Ogbeni do you research on ur future employees, cons n pros n decide. You want flexible n improvement. You dont go for a job dat will make u life living hell albeit high pay! And finally remember u hav competitions.

2 new offers actually.

Any job that would pay you high would definitely have high expectations from you. Anyways I'm still keeping an open mind about it.
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by mrkels(m): 8:16pm On Aug 26, 2015
UjSizzle:

You need to outline your priorities first. Be certain that what you prioritise is what is needed and not just wanted. And then pick an option that best satisfies that need.

How can one differentiate wanted from needed.

I need a high paying job, I also want a high paying job! See what I am talking about?

As for the wifey thing, I already made the mistake a long time ago, that's not ''wifing'' my university girlfriend, I mean that was the only girl that saw me for who I really was then, when I was just a young lad with virtually almost nothing. I wonder how I ll be able to correct that one.
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by crackhouse(m): 8:34pm On Aug 26, 2015
I can see u have a lot of things to choose from. Just sleep over it this night and there might be solution after u wake up tommorrow morning. Just take it easy boy.
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by Exponental(m): 9:00pm On Aug 26, 2015
Mainland to island isn't too straineous. Get used to stress and develop yourself rather than being comfortable and stagnant.
Re: Two Job Offers. I Am Confused by kwankwaso(m): 9:17pm On Aug 26, 2015
Choose the one that pays well bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? / La Fayette Microfinance Test / N-power News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.